hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back to earth with a bump. Sunday now feels a long time ago and was clearly a one off.

We had a tough run of games coming up but it has just got harder without our two best players for the next two.

This just feels like typical Hibs and I'm worried.
    Just chill, its just a game of football, Hibs will return soon, been that way for the 60 odd years I have seen them.
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Doidge is the clearest red you will see. He will be lucky not to get a linger ban.
    Away man. Lucky not to get a longer ban? What pish.

Last two games have pretty much summed up Hibs!
    On our day we can beat anyone but also culpable to lose to anyone
    Think we beat ourselves again however the free kick they played out to Spittal was a foul to Hibs initially and then 2 Hibs players give away daft fouls.
    Boyle was daft but you can understand his frustrations when he gets lumps kicked out of him every week

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Macey made a couple of really good saves and they missed a couple of sitters, could easily have been a 4-0 drubbing.
    Their missed sitters came when we were chasing the game and down to ten. Of course they were going to get chances late on.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The league form is getting worrying. Ross needs desperately needs a win from somewhere, otherwise he will soon be out of a job. He won't last on cup results alone.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He deliberately kicked out at the player after the tackle. Sent off for Violent Conduct. Once Jack watches it there is now way he will appeal it. It was a crazy kick out by Doidge. None of us can defend that.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    Back to earth with a bump. Sunday now feels a long time ago and was clearly a one off.

We had a tough run of games coming up but it has just got harder without our two best players for the next two.

This just feels like typical Hibs and I'm worried.
    Give up

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Macey made a couple of really good saves and they missed a couple of sitters, could easily have been a 4-0 drubbing.
    That was after they scored and we were down to 10 men, we would have won had we taken our earlier chances in the game. We were far from poor last night and all things considered we were very unlucky to lose that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    That was after they scored and we were down to 10 men, we would have won had we taken our earlier chances in the game. We were far from poor last night and all things considered we were very unlucky to lose that game.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Overreacting? Really? I've already made the point that we were brilliant on Sunday. The Manager and players deserved all the plaudits they got for the win.

We've also now have had 5 meek league defeats in a row. How many league defeats will it take for it not to be an overreaction? 7, 9, 11?

The point I'm making is the massive difference in the level of performance game to game is inexplicable. Needs addressed by the Manager.
    That wasn't a meek defeat though, that was as dominant an away performance your likely to see from Hibs other than scoring. I think as Jack said they run out of legs last night, the freak goal and sending off capped an unlucky loss.
    We haven't lost 7,9 or 11 so let's not panic just yet. Injuries and suspensions have played a big part in those losses, I've every faith in Jack and the players to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    The second half was dreadful. We had nothing other than a couple of half chances. We lost a dreadful goal, our reaction to losing the goal was dreadful and our reaction to losing Doidge was dreadful.

We just let the game drift along. We’re now five defeats on the bounce with a fixture pile up and last night was against the poorest team we’ll face. Last night was a bad night and the total lack of goals in that team is going to cost us (unfortunately we don’t get any points for creating a few chances).

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The second half was dreadful. We had nothing other than a couple of half chances. We lost a dreadful goal, our reaction to losing the goal was dreadful and our reaction to losing Doidge was dreadful.

We just let the game drift along. We’re now five defeats on the bounce with a fixture pile up and last night was against the poorest team we’ll face. Last night was a bad night and the total lack of goals in that team is going to cost us (unfortunately we don’t get any points for creating a few chances).
    Completely agree r.e letting the game drift along. After 10/15 of the second half it was clear that the game would be fizzling out into a 0-0 or a lucky 1-0 for either team so it was then that we had to be aggressive in going after the game to get the win. To make a straight swap without making us more attacking at the time seemed odd to me.

I realise the Nisbet sub seems a divisive issue but what I would argue is that why was it not until after we conceded that we put Boyle out wide and went with Doidge and Gullan up top in order to chase an equaliser? We should have been chasing a winner much earlier and surely a combo of Doidge, Boyle and Nisbet is worth more of a chance than Gullan who unfortunately isn’t making any impact at all in games.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post

spot on

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I just honestly don't think we were that bad at all tonight. Take a few good chances first half and it's a completely different game. The luckiest goal that you'll ever see from them as well.

I do worry about the suspensions and fixture pileup though. I just can't see anyone else putting in a proper run of results that they'll be too far gone come January to catch.
    I only saw last 25 minutes of the game ,but how many times do a club need a win badly and they get it against us Can’t just be coincidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Definitely, Boyle should've just left the pitch.

I still don't know how this rule gets applied though. If we are talking about a referee's feelings being hurt so it becomes a red card then the game has gone bonkers. Dissent needs to have a fixed level unless it is discriminatory abuse of some kind. If Boyle just said he was hopeless at his job (in a stronger manner) and got a red for it then game is finished.

Yellow for dissent. If they don't stop then second yellow. Straight red for dissent is mental.

Is there not supposed to be a stepped approach to dealing with dissent as well?
    You would need to know what he said .Persistent Verbal assault using totally unacceptable language He may have warned him if you continue doing this it will be a straight red
    Assume club will consider appeal if they don’t view it a straight red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    What did Boyle do… I switched off at full time
    I'd also like to know. Never thought my morning could get any worse after that performance & result. Left straight after the final whistle for the 3.5hr miserable drive home and now sitting at work after only 4 hours kip, now to find this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Completely agree r.e letting the game drift along. After 10/15 of the second half it was clear that the game would be fizzling out into a 0-0 or a lucky 1-0 for either team so it was then that we had to be aggressive in going after the game to get the win. To make a straight swap without making us more attacking at the time seemed odd to me.

I realise the Nisbet sub seems a divisive issue but what I would argue is that why was it not until after we conceded that we put Boyle out wide and went with Doidge and Gullan up top in order to chase an equaliser? We should have been chasing a winner much earlier and surely a combo of Doidge, Boyle and Nisbet is worth more of a chance than Gullan who unfortunately isn’t making any impact at all in games.
    I thought the subs (or non subs) were poor. It had a feel of accepting a point for me.

I don’t think Gullan touched the ball when he came on

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    I don’t think Gullan touched the ball when he came on
    Simply not good enough for this level. Ridiculous we’re still relying on him off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He deliberately kicked out at the player after the tackle. Sent off for Violent Conduct. Once Jack watches it there is now way he will appeal it. It was a crazy kick out by Doidge. None of us can defend that.
    It was silly. Your comment around a potentially longer ban was nonsense.