hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or maybe we just failed to take our chances and lost to a freak goal? the over reactions on here are unreal.
    And if County had taken there chances they would have still beat us, they missed a few absolute sitters in the 2 nd half.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Well in the rules of the game, yes. I don’t necessarily disagree that fouls like the one in first half (assuming we’re talking about same one) SHOULD be looked at as reds, but they aren’t.

Violent conduct like Doidge’s kick-out always will be a red.

*edit - the one on the sideline over the top of the ball could have been a red for dangerous play though.
    I'm aware of the rules. Hacking a player's Achilles when he is running at full tilt clearly endangers a player. I agree that most refs take the easy way out but that foul should be a straight red. Any tackle of that nature when it is impossible to get the ball should be a red. I'd argue both of the two definitions could fit that foul on Boyle and we see it pretty much every game. It was a lunge and it could easily have caused an injury

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I can’t share your optimism
    With three games a week ,a small squad with injured players snd now two players suspended for next two games we are likely to be on seven league defeats in a row and still in bottom six
    A few more injuries would deplete us further
    It’s looking like a very difficult December to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just honestly don't think we were that bad at all tonight. Take a few good chances first half and it's a completely different game. The luckiest goal that you'll ever see from them as well.

I do worry about the suspensions and fixture pileup though. I just can't see anyone else putting in a proper run of results that they'll be too far gone come January to catch.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Got to feel for the fans going up there, cold November evening.

Poor 2nd half and typical hibs. Not good enough.
    The Hibs fans that travelled can actually take consolation that Dingwall is actually two degrees warmer tonight than Edinburgh. The team not so hot though.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I totally get what you're saying and you see it happening all the time without any repercussion. But it's just so stupid from Boyle. He must know better than anyone he's out best player and we rely on him so much. Just needs to let it go and get down the tunnel.
    Definitely, Boyle should've just left the pitch.

I still don't know how this rule gets applied though. If we are talking about a referee's feelings being hurt so it becomes a red card then the game has gone bonkers. Dissent needs to have a fixed level unless it is discriminatory abuse of some kind. If Boyle just said he was hopeless at his job (in a stronger manner) and got a red for it then game is finished.

Yellow for dissent. If they don't stop then second yellow. Straight red for dissent is mental.

Is there not supposed to be a stepped approach to dealing with dissent as well?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I thought he was unlucky as he didn't see the guy coming, even Tam on Hibs TV thought he was unlucky, don't think it was intentional.
    Hate to say it big chap but it looked like he new what he was doing, Tam and the other dude commentating were a couple of slavers tonight.

Was defo a red.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Hate to say it big chap but it looked like he new what he was doing, Tam and the other dude commentating were a couple of slavers tonight.

Was defo a red.
    I think I missed the 2nd part of his movement, seen the replay but it showed not much, if he's made another movement with his boot, then fair enough he deserves the red, TBH I was getting distracted by other things at that point in the game, couldn't get back on .net due to the numbers.

I just honestly don't think we were that bad at all tonight. Take a few good chances first half and it's a completely different game. The luckiest goal that you'll ever see from them as well.

I do worry about the suspensions and fixture pileup though. I just can't see anyone else putting in a proper run of results that they'll be too far gone come January to catch.

We were actually good in first half .. if Hanlons goes in ir Nisbet n

Calm down with all the relegation chat, btw. We might not have a good season, we might have a brutal run down to the break, but even if we do we’ll do enough in the window to avoid the worst.

And if County had taken there chances they would have still beat us, they missed a few absolute sitters in the 2 nd half.

Macey made a couple of really good saves and they missed a couple of sitters, could easily have been a 4-0 drubbing.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I will say that I do consider that a total freak goal to concede.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

We were actually good in first half .. if Hanlons goes in or Nisbet made better efforts we are ahead and in control. Ross Co werent in the game at that stage. We lose a crap goal and the game changes and the legs start to go. The suspensions are actually as bad as or wrse than the result itself

Knew this would be a tough game after the highs of Sunday. Unfortunately we don’t have the quality or depth of squad to deal with the amount of games in quick succession. Our recruitment team have paid the price for that and hopefully we can add a few more in January in addition to Tait & Mueller. In the meantime get ready for a rollercoaster of performances in the next month. Hopefully we can get a few points soon or pressure is on.

Can’t keep blaming refs, he was poor tonight for both teams, we were poor, Nisbet is just pretty average just now and nothing happening for him, he had the cheek to complain when he got subbed, Doidge was stupid to kick out like that and has no complaints about his red, Boyle should be fined 2 weeks wages for his stupidity after the whistle went, to be honest we could have lost more goals in the 2nd half, Ross is now under massive pressure, the league is our bread and butter and we need to stay in it, our form just now in the league is very worrying.
    Spot on Silver. Nisbet is no where near as good as is made out on here.

Ref poor for both sides. Very poor evening and need to won Saturday.
    Cougars!!!

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Or maybe we just failed to take our chances and lost to a freak goal? the over reactions on here are unreal.
    Overreacting? Really? I've already made the point that we were brilliant on Sunday. The Manager and players deserved all the plaudits they got for the win.

We've also now have had 5 meek league defeats in a row. How many league defeats will it take for it not to be an overreaction? 7, 9, 11?

The point I'm making is the massive difference in the level of performance game to game is inexplicable. Needs addressed by the Manager.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 24-11-2021 at 09:35 PM.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Calm down with all the relegation chat, btw. We might not have a good season, we might have a brutal run down to the break, but even if we do we’ll do enough in the window to avoid the worst.
    Easy to say. January is an awkward window to do substantial moves and this cannot be doing morale much good. We could be bottom 3 by the end of December with a large portion of the season behind us.

Boyle and Doidge getting reds hasn't helped at all.

Spot on Silver. Nisbet is no where near as good as is made out on here.

Ref poor for both sides. Very poor evening and need to won Saturday.
    He must be pretty bad then as I only ever read that he’s sh**e and ‘not as good as he thinks he is’.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaidno View Post
    We were actually good in first half .. if Hanlons goes in ir Nisbet n
    I thought that too. Considering the huge effort on Sunday it isn't surprising we ran out of gas after a decent first half.

The subs made us so much worse. Allan lost the ball every time he got it and never ran the length of himself. Doidge looks weeks away from being ready and was an idiot for the red and Gullan was a desperate sub and I don't think he touched the ball. Cadden had been our best chance of creating something and we moved him to the left where he fell out the game completely. Nisbet was getting into great positions and playing well albeit his finishing was poor. Ross hasn't many options off the bench and not using subs with the run of games we are going to have will be impossible. The lack of discipline from Doidge and Boyle was really unprofessional and will hurt us beyond tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    The Hibs fans that travelled can actually take consolation that Dingwall is actually two degrees warmer tonight than Edinburgh. The team not so hot though.
    There was one Hibs fan in shorts at the game Sunday, do you think tonight would have seen any short wearers?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The only criticism i would have tonight is taking Nisbet off.

For me he was having a good game and was lot more like his old self. His link up play was good and although he missed chances I felt one was coming.

Now Ross can turn and say he’s scored 2 all season and missed heaps tonight so deserved to be subbed. But tonight and against Rangers was more like the form I was used to seeing from him.

For me the sub was Doidge for Cadden (who was having a good game) and Boyle out wide.
    Agreed.

After Nisbet was taken off we struggled to create anything whereas before then we were the team on the front foot. Thought Doig had a decent shift up and down the left side.

A bad night at the office but we'll bounce back, no doubt about it.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    There was one Hibs fan in shorts at the game Sunday, do you think tonight would have seen any short wearers?
    There was one fan sitting a few rows down from me wearing shorts.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    You should have had yours on too 😁.

Safe trip back pal.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Easy to say. January is an awkward window to do substantial moves and this cannot be doing morale much good. We could be bottom 3 by the end of December with a large portion of the season behind us.

Boyle and Doidge getting reds hasn't helped at all.
    That’s all correct, but I don’t believe we are the worst or second worst team in the league. It’s been a stinking run and, yes, it wouldn’t be a surprise if it continues for at least two games or so but we’re sensing danger in late November, not like 2013/14 when the cracks were getting papered over in to January. The club will be reacting already.

Was defo a red.
    The other dude called it right by saying the red was for the 2nd movement of Doidge's leg, the sort of kick/push. On looking at it again after the match, Tam agreed.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    That’s all correct, but I don’t believe we are the worst or second worst team in the league. It’s been a stinking run and, yes, it wouldn’t be a surprise if it continues for at least two games or so but we’re sensing danger in late November, not like 2013/14 when the cracks were getting papered over in to January. The club will be reacting already.
    Hope they are reacting and seriously scrutinising this.

All this talk about being a development club and giving out a rousing call for fans to come out and support the team while the team is woeful is a bit ridiculous.

Some of the chat coming from the club honestly reminds me of the "infrastructure" days. Get big money for our golden generation. Invest in infrastructure and struggle to bring through exceptional youth since.

Hibs need stability but it needs to be in a positive trajectory. May be proven wrong but Kean's appointment and the large influence Jack Ross seems to have with Ron Gordon has me worried. Hopefully I'm wrong but Mathie really has been thrown under the bus with this and I doubt he was behind all the failings of the transfer window - I wouldn't put it past the club trying to be cheap and save money (seen it many times before).

Must be a postman. They are hard as ****.
    Shorts in all weather.

You sure it was a fan, and not just one of the team who didn’t fancy it?

Back to earth with a bump. Sunday now feels a long time ago and was clearly a one off.

We had a tough run of games coming up but it has just got harder without our two best players for the next two.

This just feels like typical Hibs and I'm worried.

Just seen JRs after match interview.

Usual boring bland repetitive bollocks...

@hibs.net private member

Was defo a red.
    Tam in particular- I sat “correcting” him over and over again. Like he was watching a different camera angle from me.