hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1506
  1. #91
    Testimonial Due Sioux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I printed mine off my laptop screen from the link above. It gives your name , DOB and the dates of your two vaccinations and the type of vaccine used. It's on A4 so not the perfect size so I might get it reduced at a photocopy shop. My phone is only one step up from an abacus so no good for swiping.
    I've been abroad a couple of times recently and a screen shot is not an acceptable form of proof. The actual letter is required. Which is a bit of a pain because it now looks like a dog's dinner.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You missed the part about my concerns around where this will end.

    Of course there are erosions of freedoms and the more we accept them as necessary measures, the more freedoms will go. They won't be so easily returned though

    Collective good v rights of the individual, We've seen this story played out before.
    Can you provide an example of a previous point in history when people couldn't go to a football match or gig because they refused a vaccine? Because that's all it is, this is not the dawn of a totalitarian state.

    There is no reason to be concerned. Restrictions have been largely lifted so it is already ending, those that choose to not get the vaccine will miss out on things that is all. Their choice, deal with it.

    The covid vaccine will be here to stay, just like polio, the mmr, and the flu vaccine.

  4. #93
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14,360
    If I was to walk into the football swinging an anvil round and round above my head I wouldn’t be let in either, for the protection of others.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if it does come to that what's the alternative. We would just have to suck it up (although an injection would be preferable).
    Know your legal rights. As I understand it, regulations of the Scottish Parliament do not override the Equalities Act, which is primary legislation. That Act makes it illegal to discriminate on medical grounds. Hibs would be liable for refusing entry on medical grounds. No doubt the legal eagles will clarify.

  6. #95
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have asthma, I caught covid, I'm alive.

    Life is full of what ifs...

    Edit:I should add, I have no problem people getting vaccinations. That is your choice - cool, I ain't going to berate anybody for that. Just as others should have the choice not to.

    If the vaccinations proved that they made you immune and stopped the spread, then yes there is a good argument to make the compulsary. But they don't, so this pressure on civil liberties is baffling to me.
    Then you are extremely lucky. Life is full of what ifs, but you can take steps to limit the bad ones, not doing so if negligent.

    What pressures are there on civil liberties now that didn't exist pre-pandemic? The vaccine isn't compulsory.

    The only one I can think of is the Tories anti-protest bill, and that isn't really about Covid.

  7. #96
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    57
    Posts
    11,846
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it completely unworkable or difficult?

    J

    I would think this will turn out to be a mixture of both very, very messy and substantively unworkable. Also it probably won't have its intended effect without photo ID.
    Last edited by One Day Soon; 01-09-2021 at 04:57 PM.

  8. #97
    Testimonial Due Mick O'Rourke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Clermiston
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is the mainstream media and the government who tell me that vaccinations don't make me as ill. Otherwise, why are they telling me that I have to have them if they dont?
    I agree with that
    But you went on to say

    .......So if you are fully vaccinated and the person next to you isn't, then it shouldn't matter one iota to you."


    That is not a medical fact, or any other
    Tell my mates family that one.





    Leave it there then

    Glory Glory
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 01-09-2021 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #98
    Testimonial Due 1875Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,257
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sheggs84
    I would imagine for people who don’t want or haven’t had the vaccine will be able to go as long as they provide proof of a recent negative lat flow test, this was always coming , England do it in threatres etc already the only reason why we delayed it as the app hasn’t ready

  10. #99
    First Team Breakthrough May21/05/16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Age
    60
    Posts
    127
    What about under 12 season ticket holders

    Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

  11. #100
    Testimonial Due 1875Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,257
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about under 12 season ticket holders

    Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    It was on the article it’s only for over 18s

  12. #101
    First Team Breakthrough May21/05/16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Age
    60
    Posts
    127
    Cheers for clearing that up

    Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    2,388
    Response to First Minister’s vaccine certification announcement

    The Joint Response Group notes the First Minister’s comments today regarding the potential implementation of a COVID-19 vaccine certification process as a prerequisite for entry into outdoor events with more than 10,000 people in attendance, including football matches.

    Scottish football is committed to the ongoing collective effort to eradicate the virus and continues to adhere to the strictest protocols even after restrictions were lifted across society.

    Indeed, on Monday the National Clinical Director, Professor Jason Leitch, gave a presentation to players and clubs on the clinical facts behind vaccination, to expedite the roll-out within the game.

    None the less, we have today raised concerns on the considerable unintended consequences of implementing a certification process without sufficient time or appropriate IT infrastructure in place.

    We will endeavour to establish full details in the coming days but stress the need to ensure a practical and workable solution for member clubs, their staff and supporters; in particular season ticket holders who bought their tickets in good faith and on the understanding they would be allowed back into the stadium when restrictions were lifted.

    We ask ministers to carefully consider the unintended consequences of certification, especially in such a short timeframe, and request a meeting with Scottish Government to discuss the matter and its implications for clubs prior to a parliamentary vote.

    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/jr...y-1-september/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #103
    Anti-Vaxxers need their head examined for believing some ***** they read on the internet. On a par with Trumpism. Absolutely baffling.

  15. #104
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    57
    Posts
    11,846
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anti-Vaxxers need their head examined for believing some ***** they read on the internet. On a par with Trumpism. Absolutely baffling.
    And remember, this didn't just suddenly emerge out of pandemic. People with those kinds of views walk among us ALL THE TIME.

  16. #105
    Coaching Staff HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anti-Vaxxers need their head examined for believing some ***** they read on the internet. On a par with Trumpism. Absolutely baffling.
    Don't vaxxers and anti-vaxxers all get information from the internet?

  17. #106
    If folk haven't had the vaccine because they can't be bothered or think it's all a hoax then tough ****. That's all I'm saying on it.

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't be an issue, most of the over 18 population should be vaccinated by the time this comes into place and if they're not it's probably either an anomaly or because they chose not to get it.
    Which is why I can't see the point. Over 80% of the population have had a vaccine. Over 85% of those over 40 have had both doses. This will make getting in far more time consuming and mean people are actually next to each other longer. This seems like an unnecessary grab of our freedoms and in the greater scheme of things those freedoms have been hugely reduced year on year. I hoped the SG would rise above this but looks like they will fall in with the political flock.

    I say that as someone who has had both doses but it will clearly go against equality laws if this is implemented
    Last edited by wookie70; 01-09-2021 at 05:25 PM.

  19. #108
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why I can't see the point. Over 80% of the population have had a vaccine. Over 85% of those over 40 have had the vaccine. This will make getting in far more time consuming and mean people are actually next to each other longer. This seems like an unnecessary grab of our freedoms and in the greater scheme of things those freedoms have been hugely reduced year on year. I hoped the SG would rise above this but looks like they will fall in with the political flock.
    It's not an attack on freedom at all. You are free to not get the vaccine.

    If you travel to a lot of countries you have to get a vaccine for many things, you can say no. You just can't go that country. This is no different.

  20. #109
    I totally support this move and in my opinion it should extend even further to include restaurants and pubs etc which are even higher risk environments than Easter Road.

    Hopefully this means those of who have done all we can will be able to continue leading as normal a life as possible.

    We need to try everything possible to prevent further restrictions and I see this as the best way to try and achieve that.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 01-09-2021 at 05:32 PM.

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    6,126
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you provide an example of a previous point in history when people couldn't go to a football match or gig because they refused a vaccine? Because that's all it is, this is not the dawn of a totalitarian state.

    There is no reason to be concerned. Restrictions have been largely lifted so it is already ending, those that choose to not get the vaccine will miss out on things that is all. Their choice, deal with it.

    The covid vaccine will be here to stay, just like polio, the mmr, and the flu vaccine.
    I think you are maybe deliberately misunderstanding my point, but I'm not reassured by your take on the future of our society.

    Are Polio, MMR and the Flu vaccination edging towards becoming mandatory measures?

    I do agree with your point about Covid vaccination being here to stay though.

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't be an issue, most of the over 18 population should be vaccinated by the time this comes into place and if they're not it's probably either an anomaly or because they chose not to get it.
    Only 51% of 18-29 year olds have have their first dose… this could come into force from next weekend… I can’t see the other 49% getting vaccinated in a week.

  23. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not an attack on freedom at all. You are free to not get the vaccine.

    If you travel to a lot of countries you have to get a vaccine for many things, you can say no. You just can't go that country. This is no different.
    The difference with those vaccinations is the vaccines you get for going to places like India have high death rates. If I was to catch rabies there's a 95% chance I'll die. If I was to catch covid there's around 0.08 chance I will die.

  24. #113
    I’m double jabbed and have no issues stating this, but the vaccination isn’t mandatory, therefore how can you tell someone they don’t have to get something, and then ban them from doing a whole load of things? Honestly makes no sense and would be an interesting debate regarding Data Protection, showing random stewards/football staff your medical records.

  25. #114
    I had a guy coughing his lungs out behind me the whole game on Saturday.
    Of course totally unconcerned about the pandemic and other people around him never once put a mask on.fair enough I have no idea what was wrong with him but sure as u like I would have one on if I had a cough,at least to show some solidarity to folk around in fighting the Covid spread.
    My main point is this boy could’ve been double jagged had proof of that but still entered ,coughed all game and spread the virus freely. Enough is enough with all the restrictions to people ,as long as people have no regard for fellow supporters this will remain an issue regardless of vaccination proof.

  26. #115
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference with those vaccinations is the vaccines you get for going to places like India have high death rates. If I was to catch rabies there's a 95% chance I'll die. If I was to catch covid there's around 0.08 chance I will die.
    But they are all still highly infectious, hence the restrictions. The chance of death from covid varies from person to person, this is one thing we do know. But there are a lot of things we still don't, like long lasting effects on survivors.

  27. #116
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are maybe deliberately misunderstanding my point, but I'm not reassured by your take on the future of our society.

    Are Polio, MMR and the Flu vaccination edging towards becoming mandatory measures?

    I do agree with your point about Covid vaccination being here to stay though.
    Have you considered you aren't making your point that well?

    No offence but asking 'where will it end?' repeatedly isn't much of an argument.

    Especially as you're overlooking the end of emergency powers which the government had. And even then parliament had to approve them.

    Restrictions are rolling back, so the opposite of what you fear is actually happening.

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not an attack on freedom at all. You are free to not get the vaccine.

    If you travel to a lot of countries you have to get a vaccine for many things, you can say no. You just can't go that country. This is no different.
    If I chose to not have a vaccine due to health reasons I will be excluded from watching Hibs even if I have a season ticket. Meanwhile those healthy enough to have the vaccine will be allowed to attend. That is nowhere near freedom as far as I am concerned and this is a slippery slope to me especially when you see how quickly citizens are happy to lose freedoms. It is the ID card in another form imo.

    This is different to foreign travel. This is our government potentially discriminating against its citizen. totally different to a country making rules for citizens of other countries.

    There are worrying signs that the UK governments are going to try and make vaccinations compulsory by stealth by excluding those who don't have them. My daughter who is u18 will not require one. She attends school with hundreds of others, very little signs of social distancing when I see them walking up the road and next to none of them vaccinated. I am double vaccinated, am I more or less likely to pass the virus on that a 16 year old because of a bit of paper. I could extend your argument and say that U18s shouldn't be allowed to attend unless double vaccinated.

  29. #118
    Testimonial Due Wakeyhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Largs
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why I can't see the point. Over 80% of the population have had a vaccine. Over 85% of those over 40 have had both doses. This will make getting in far more time consuming and mean people are actually next to each other longer. This seems like an unnecessary grab of our freedoms and in the greater scheme of things those freedoms have been hugely reduced year on year. I hoped the SG would rise above this but looks like they will fall in with the political flock.

    I say that as someone who has had both doses but it will clearly go against equality laws if this is implemented
    Agree, it makes no sense to have a 75% full Dens or Tannadice at under 10000 get away with it but a 51% full ER, PBS or Pittodrie has to have it.

    It makes no sense to restrict events then they only open selected stands making people sit in closer proximity.

    I'm double vaxxed and if I can still catch it and possibly worse pass it on, then why are they allowing full capacities?

    Got tickets for the Scotland game on Saturday if this comes in it will be my last for a while. Not because of any freedom issues but because our useless Govs make it more dangerous by saying it's ok if you're double vaxxed but then say you can still catch and pass on to someone vulnerable.

  30. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are maybe deliberately misunderstanding my point, but I'm not reassured by your take on the future of our society.

    Are Polio, MMR and the Flu vaccination edging towards becoming mandatory measures?

    I do agree with your point about Covid vaccination being here to stay though.
    If we were in the middle of a polio, measles, mumps, rubella or flu pandemic then I would expect vaccination against these illnesses to become mandatory measures.

    I'm normally very much against state interference in people's lives but we are currently in the midst of a global pandemic with a very real threat of being forced back into restrictions again very soon, I believe this is a good alternative to trying to prevent that from happening.

    Once Covid-19 is no longer a danger towards our health service, if people still need to prove they have been vaccinated to get into the football then I'll be at the front of the queue when it comes to protesting against people's civil liberties being breached but at the moment I feel this is a necessary step in trying to maintain the largely restriction-free life we have enjoyed over the last 3 weeks.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  31. #120
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, they are effective at reducing illness. But that is about it - they are not making you immune, and you can still get very ill and die, and you are now needing regular boosters.

    So they are effective at reducing hospital backlogs - which is good. However, there is no pressure on the NHS these days - it is under control. So I don't see the point in these passports.
    Absolute rubbish that there’s no pressure on the NHS…. I have many friends and family who work in the NHS and they’re absolutely swamped!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)