hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it is policed properly I'd expect someone will have to check your vaccine passport before you go through the turnstile but it needs to be more than a cursory glance. It should be a proper read, and also cross-checked against some other ID, preferably photo ID, to prove that you are the person named on the passport. Do that and access is going to be considerably slowed. Can't see it happening that way, at least not once queues start to build at the turnstiles and folk start to get irate.
    No either can I. Be typical if this is introduced then clubs left to work out for themselves how to administer it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

How does it work if I am travelling up from England?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    QR codes will be available in a couple of weeks

Great idea if it stops restrictions being reimposed
    QR codes available from Friday according to the BBC report

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58412832

I'm assuming this applies to us?

The new vaccine certification rules will apply to:

Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues
    Unseated indoor live events, with more than 500 people in the audience
    Unseated outdoor live events, with more than 4,000 people in the audience
    Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance
    Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    QR codes available from Friday according to the BBC report
    Is it? Even better

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Have to say, I’ve got some sympathy for people that just don’t want to get it, they don’t need to justify it in my mind, it’s none of my business.

Something I don’t get, and apologies if it’s a stupid question but hopefully someone can answer it for me, I’ve been double jabbed so I’m relatively safe from covid, or as safe as I can be, if joe bloggs sat next to me isn’t double jabbed that’s his concern not mine as he’s the one risking getting ill.

I’m sure that’s a bit simplistic but it’s something I’ve never really got.

Explanations appreciated 😂
    It’s estimated that just over half the people currently in hospital have been double vaccinated.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Rather than use a UK wide (produced in England), off the shelf vaccine passport for smart devices, this government has commissioned a Danish company to design on for Scotland at £600k. Who knows when it’ll be ready but as long as we’re different to England, who cares 😏😏

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    My mate just tested positive and he's had both jags and I've heard of a number of other people with the same. You can still get it, although the likelihood is that you'll not get as sick as you would without being jagged. That being said, I wouldn't want to be sat next to someone who decide not to have their jags out of some (in my opinion) misplaced beliefs, so I'm happy for this to be introduced as a temporary measure until numbers improve.
    This

Makes sense given the state of affairs with the huge volume of cases right now. If it stops major restrictions being reintroduced, it’s a lesser, necessary evil.

Feel for the young ones though (he says gleefully having just had his second dose a fortnight ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    My mate just tested positive and he's had both jags and I've heard of a number of other people with the same. You can still get it, although the likelihood is that you'll not get as sick as you would without being jagged. That being said, I wouldn't want to be sat next to someone who decide not to have their jags out of some (in my opinion) misplaced beliefs, so I'm happy for this to be introduced as a temporary measure until numbers improve.
    I tested positive yesterday and have had both jabs. At the moment just feels ike a bit of a head cold. Hopefully as bad as it gets 👍

First Team Breakthrough
    I think the whole covid passport thing is seriously flawed. I have not been vaccinated but have had covid, so will in theory be as equally protected as those double jabbed, yet I will not be allowed pretty much anywhere if this type of thing is passed.

It was my choice not to have it and I am happy to live with that rather than do something I am not comfortable with, considering that it wasn't part of the T&C's of entry when I bought it I will be expecting a refund for my season ticket though.

I’m all for it but no idea how it gets implemented at football grounds. Half the players won’t get in for a start.

If you work in these places will you lose your job if your not double vaccinated?

Have to say, I’ve got some sympathy for people that just don’t want to get it, they don’t need to justify it in my mind, it’s none of my business.

Something I don’t get, and apologies if it’s a stupid question but hopefully someone can answer it for me, I’ve been double jabbed so I’m relatively safe from covid, or as safe as I can be, if joe bloggs sat next to me isn’t double jabbed that’s his concern not mine as he’s the one risking getting ill.

Explanations appreciated ��

I have no time whatsoever for anti-vaxxers. unless its medical advice/condition that is reason for not getting vaccinated.

If Joe Bloggs sat next to you has not been jabbed, you ARE in danger of getting infected,as is he of course.

I told here about my pal Davie who passed away last month with the Covid and he had both his jabs(2nd one last May)
    Family think his train journey and weekend in London invited the virus
    Such a crowded train(few masks) and London during Scotland v England game

I wont go near big gatherings till most if not all have had both jabs

But thats me, being elderly and with underlying medicai conditions.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 01-09-2021 at 03:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I wonder where all this will end?

I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm also deeply concerned about the erosion of freedoms and liberties that we're seeing. I'm massively against coercive approaches to promoting vaccination.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    All for it to be honest. Should be seen as a civic duty.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    I think the whole covid passport thing is seriously flawed. I have not been vaccinated but have had covid, so will in theory be as equally protected as those double jabbed, yet I will not be allowed pretty much anywhere if this type of thing is passed.

It was my choice not to have it and I am happy to live with that rather than do something I am not comfortable with, considering that it wasn't part of the T&C's of entry when I bought it I will be expecting a refund for my season ticket though.
    Agreed

Vaccinations are proving to be not particularly effective, and latest research shows natural immunity is more effective. However, that debate is slammed down by the MSM and Govt. Why?

People saying they wouldn't feel comfortable being next to somebody who hasn't been vaccinated just shows the level of unfounded fear that has been brainwashed into people.

Fully vaccinated people carry, spread and die from Covid
    Single vaccinated people carry, spread and die from Covid
    Non vaccinated people carry, spread and die from Covid

Vaccinated people apparently don't get ill as much. So if you are fully vaccinated and the person next to you isn't, then it shouldn't matter one iota to you.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Agreed

Vaccinations are proving to be not particularly effective, and latest research shows natural immunity is more effective. However, that debate is slammed down by the MSM and Govt. Why?

People saying they wouldn't feel comfortable being next to somebody who hasn't been vaccinated just shows the level of unfounded fear that has been brainwashed into people.

Fully vaccinated people carry, spread and die from Covid
    Single vaccinated people carry, spread and die from Covid
    Non vaccinated people carry, spread and die from Covid

Vaccinated people apparently don't get ill as much. So if you are fully vaccinated and the person next to you isn't, then it shouldn't matter one iota to you.
    Vaccinations are proving not very effective?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Expect more football fans to get there Saturday fix watching lower league clubs. Guaranteed easy entry and at 3pm sat.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Vaccinations are proving not very effective?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Okay, they are effective at reducing illness. But that is about it - they are not making you immune, and you can still get very ill and die, and you are now needing regular boosters.

So they are effective at reducing hospital backlogs - which is good. However, there is no pressure on the NHS these days - it is under control. So I don't see the point in these passports.

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Rather than use a UK wide (produced in England), off the shelf vaccine passport for smart devices, this government has commissioned a Danish company to design on for Scotland at £600k. Who knows when it’ll be ready but as long as we’re different to England, who cares 😏😏
    Given the s***show that was the English track and trace app, I'm not blaming them for going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm also deeply concerned about the erosion of freedoms and liberties that we're seeing. I'm massively against coercive approaches to promoting vaccination.
    There's no erosion of freedoms, people are free to not get the vaccine. They just have to deal with the consequences.

It's not different from me needing a variety of different vaccines when I travelled to Ghana. If I didn't have documentation to say I had been vaccinated against Yellow Fever, I wouldn't have been allowed into the country.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I’m all for it but no idea how it gets implemented at football grounds. Half the players won’t get in for a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    If you work in these places will you lose your job if your not double vaccinated?
    These may be related

Okay, they are effective at reducing illness. But that is about it - they are not making you immune, and you can still get very ill and die, and you are now needing regular boosters.

So they are effective at reducing hospital backlogs - which is good. However, there is no pressure on the NHS these days - it is under control. So I don't see the point in these passports.
    The point that they are effective at reducing illness is quite a big one. My friend has asthma, had she not been double jabbed when she contracted covid she may well be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

"Alexa. Can I go to the toilet please."

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    The point that they are effective at reducing illness is quite a big one. My friend has asthma, had she not been double jabbed when she contracted covid she may well be dead.
    I have asthma, I caught covid, I'm alive.

Life is full of what ifs...

Edit:I should add, I have no problem people getting vaccinations. That is your choice - cool, I ain't going to berate anybody for that. Just as others should have the choice not to.

If the vaccinations proved that they made you immune and stopped the spread, then yes there is a good argument to make the compulsary. But they don't, so this pressure on civil liberties is baffling to me.
    Last edited by Brummie_Hibs; 01-09-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Not where I live....
    https://www.bordertelegraph.com/news...ons-two-weeks/

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    How does it work if I am travelling up from England?
    I'd imagine the proof of vaccination used when travelling abroad should be sufficient for now.

You should be able to get a PDF confirming vaccination status through here: https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/ – bear in mind it has a 'valid until' date of one month from when you generate it, so you'd have to generate a new one regularly.

You can also use the NHS app on your phone (not the covid app, there's another one just called NHS App) – unlike the PDF, that shouldn't need to be updated.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Explanations appreciated 😂
    Joe Bloggs by not getting vaccinated could be incubating a super strain of Covid (call it Theta).

Theta is resistant to vaccines and is hyper transmittable. You would be Donald ducked.

The less hosts Covid has, the smaller the opportunity it has to mutate.

Having Vaccine passports is a step to “incentivise” people to get the jags and prevent mutations.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Half the players won’t get in for a start.
    Is there an issue with players not wanting to get it?