PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

machibby
21-01-2019, 07:40 PM
https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/brandon-barker-seemingly-unhappy-could-he-leave-this-month/

Hibbyradge
21-01-2019, 07:43 PM
https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/brandon-barker-seemingly-unhappy-could-he-leave-this-month/

:hmmm:

McD
21-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I'd rather bring nothing to the forum than bring something fake.

Your "im so ITK" persona is wearing thin son, time to give in.

Just as it’s time to give in constantly making snidey remarks every time Underscore posts.

we get it, you don’t like his posts, and don’t believe them. We don’t reminded of it every time

S4uzee
21-01-2019, 07:44 PM

That would be outstanding but sadly unlikely

jacomo
21-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Forget all this internationalist nonsense, means nothing. We signed an ageing Aussie as McGinns replacement and apart from 3-4 games, he's disappointed, MacLaren has been the biggest disappointment but we only had Shaw or L Allan as replacement. Hyndman was a complete mistake and never seemed to look like he enjoyed being here and Agyepong, well physios best friend at ER. So I'd say we needed a striker, at least one more midfielder and another wide player. All my opinion of course as I don't think anyone expected so many injuries especially all seemingly at the same time.

Weirdly, Hyndman seemed to go out of his way to say he hoped his loan would be extended.

Gmack7
21-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Yes please

04Sauzee
21-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Watching some footage off him playing for Hibs last time around, how fast we that boy, absolutely rapid.

Jim44
21-01-2019, 08:00 PM

With Agyepong staying ( I think ) Barker is ineligible. Or does that only apply to Scottish club players?

04Sauzee
21-01-2019, 08:04 PM
With Agyepong staying ( I think ) Barker is ineligible. Or does that only apply to Scottish club players?

Only one way around that then ... Make it permanent 😀 :)

One Day Soon
21-01-2019, 08:06 PM
I'm more concerned about the furious rate of rubbing that sees a man finish his Christmas "soap on a rope" by mid-January and have to resort to the shower gel.

That's the worrying part.

That IS worrying.

machibby
21-01-2019, 08:10 PM
That’s not applicable for players from other leagues

IGRIGI
21-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Didn't Barker tease the absolute f out of a potential move back to ER before going to Preston or am I making that up?

Not that it matters, I'd love him back.

Keyser Sauzee
21-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Didn't Barker tease the absolute f out of a potential move back to ER before going to Preston or am I making that up?

Not that it matters, I'd love him back.

Think that was more a case of people seeing what they wanted to tbh.

bingo70
21-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Barker is out of contract in the summer at Man City, I’m sure he won’t be getting kept on there so he really needs a good second half of the season somewhere to get the best deal he can somewhere next year.

The fact he knows Lennon and a lot of the side and the fact we’re crying out for pace it would surprise me if he wasn’t doing all he could to get a move back here.

The_Horde
21-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Just as it’s time to give in constantly making snidey remarks every time Underscore posts.

we get it, you don’t like his posts, and don’t believe them. We don’t reminded of it every time

Maybe you'd prefer I posted like I was in on a big secret with my every post instead then?

Speedway
21-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Maybe you'd prefer I posted like I was in on a big secret with my every post instead then?

No, we’d just prefer you didn’t post.

The_Horde
21-01-2019, 08:35 PM
No, we’d just prefer you didn’t post.

:hilarious

Reported for bullying.

brog
21-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Forget all this internationalist nonsense, means nothing. We signed an ageing Aussie as McGinns replacement and apart from 3-4 games, he's disappointed, MacLaren has been the biggest disappointment but we only had Shaw or L Allan as replacement. Hyndman was a complete mistake and never seemed to look like he enjoyed being here and Agyepong, well physios best friend at ER. So I'd say we needed a striker, at least one more midfielder and another wide player. All my opinion of course as I don't think anyone expected so many injuries especially all seemingly at the same time.

That's all fine & i don't disagree but you said it was clear to all that we needed another 3-4 quality signings at the time. It certainly wasn't clear to me & now it seems like it wasn't clear to you, or others, either. I remember Blackpool Hibs being in a minority who wasn't enamoured with MacLaren but other than that there was general approval of our summer transfer dealings. It's easy being wise after the event, I've yet to see anyone demonstrate they were prescient in the summer.
PS, Milligan, a defensive midfielder/centre half was not signed as SJM's replacement. Marv knew at the start of the season (source Marv) that he wouldn't get much game time this season. It was hoped Milligan would be a hybrid of Dylan & Marv.

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 08:49 PM
That's all fine & i don't disagree but you said it was clear to all that we needed another 3-4 quality signings at the time. It certainly wasn't clear to me & now it seems like it wasn't clear to you, or others, either. I remember Blackpool Hibs being in a minority who wasn't enamoured with MacLaren but other than that there was general approval of our summer transfer dealings. It's easy being wise after the event, I've yet to see anyone demonstrate they were prescient in the summer.
PS, Milligan, a defensive midfielder/centre half was not signed as SJM's replacement. Marv knew at the start of the season (source Marv) that he wouldn't get much game time this season. It was hoped Milligan would be a hybrid of Dylan & Marv.

Callumhibee1 was another one I think I managed to persuade him otherwise but looks like he was correct

Lets see what happens

renato
21-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Barker is out of contract in the summer at Man City, I’m sure he won’t be getting kept on there so he really needs a good second half of the season somewhere to get the best deal he can somewhere next year.

The fact he knows Lennon and a lot of the side and the fact we’re crying out for pace it would surprise me if he wasn’t doing all he could to get a move back here.

I really, really hope so. We’ve absolutely missed his pace and trickery this season. I’m actually boring myself now, though, I’ve mentioned it so many times!

:greengrin

H18 SFR
21-01-2019, 08:51 PM
I see Barker doesn't get much game time at PNE, has he been injured?

My_Wife_Camille
To be fair, anyone who did show any form of disapproval was soon shouted down as a troll or a bedwetter.

Zazu62
We miss Barker, in full flow he is unplayable.

Speedway
21-01-2019, 08:52 PM
I really, really hope so. We’ve absolutely missed his pace and trickery this season. I’m actually boring myself now, though, I’ve mentioned it so many times!

:greengrin

Not the biggest Barker fan due to him being lightweight and having little in the way of final ball.

If he’s improved this season, he’d Be well worth reconsidering.

Auckland Hibs
21-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Think that was more a case of people seeing what they wanted to tbh.

There was a few comments on Brokenback last week saying that NL had enquired about bringing Barker back on a deal. Presume this would be a permanent deal as he's currently on loan and free to leave Man City in the summer.

I took it with a pinch of salt but there could be something in it

HoboHarry
21-01-2019, 08:53 PM
I see Barker doesn't get much game time at PNE, has he been injured?
Refer to post #5751 :greengrin

Speedway
21-01-2019, 08:56 PM
For arguments sake, let’s say thevwindow closed with:

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

How would you feel about that?

My_Wife_Camille
21-01-2019, 08:58 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

I’d piss my pants

Hibs90
21-01-2019, 08:59 PM
I’d piss my pants

I'd piss in his pants

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2019, 08:59 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

Delighted.

HoboHarry
21-01-2019, 09:00 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

I'd go s**g the wife and after 29 years of marriage I don't encourage her in that sort of nonsense.....

renato
21-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Not the biggest Barker fan due to him being lightweight and having little in the way of final ball.

I get where you’re coming from, he wasn’t anywhere near the finished article however there’s few (if any?) in the squad just now who would be able to terrorise the Hun like he did 13 odd months ago. He’s got great potential and I think he’d be a key option to have.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2019, 09:02 PM
I'd go s**g the wife and after 29 years of marriage I don't encourage her in that sort of nonsense.....

🤣🤣 Brilliant

Smartie
21-01-2019, 09:03 PM
I’d piss my pants

I'd piss in his pants

I'd run up and down Easter Road wearing nothing other than this particular pair of pants on my head, presumably with Gary Locke in close pursuit.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2019, 09:05 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

Give us the league.

04Sauzee
21-01-2019, 09:07 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

I'd feel short changed, Lennon said he wanted 2 strikers in

FilipinoHibs
21-01-2019, 09:09 PM
:hilarious

Reported for bullying.

Reported for being a snowflake.

PatHead
21-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Callumhibee1 was another one I think I managed to persuade him otherwise but looks like he was correct

Lets see what happens
Don't think Callum's problem was a solely lack of a box to box player, it was not having players signed from day one, no matter the quality. His daily bleating for 2 months was the irritating part which grated on folk.

Good to see he has learnt it is not so easy and hasn't been so prolific this window.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Don't think Callum's problem was a solely lack of a box to box player, it was not having players signed from day one, no matter the quality. His daily bleating for 2 months was the irritating part which grated on folk.

Good to see he has learnt it is not so easy and hasn't been so prolific this window.

Statement incoming...

Zazu62
21-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

Still be a striker short.

21-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Even if he's at about the same level as when he left us, I'd be happy to see him return.

I thought he showed a good level of improvement ovet his time with us. It was interrupted when Souttar injured him at Tynecastle just when he was starting to produce a better final ball. By the end of the season there was definitely and end product from him - came on with 20-25mins to go in the 5-3 game v Killie and scored. Came on with about the same amount of time to go in final game of season v Rangers and set up Maclaren's injury time equaliser.

Hibs90
21-01-2019, 09:17 PM
I'd run up and down Easter Road wearing nothing other than this particular pair of pants on my head, presumably with Gary Locke in close pursuit.

:faf:

Hibbyradge
21-01-2019, 09:24 PM
I’d piss my pants

I'd pass my pint.

brog
21-01-2019, 09:25 PM
To be fair, anyone who did show any form of disapproval was soon shouted down as a troll or a bedwetter.

A wee sensitive soul like you, never! :wink: Seriously, my point is there was minimal criticism of our summer signings, no one needed to be shouted down.

The_Horde
21-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Reported for being a snowflake.

Reported for spreading hatred about vegan sausage rolls.

Unseen work
21-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Barker permanent would be brilliant but unlikely as I imagine he will still be able to get a big wage down south and has potential for a big sell on fee.

Ambrose back would be fantastic business but can’t see it.

Cummings would again be good but I’m not convinced he would come back / think he’s above us now. Seems to have spent the past year Trhing to sell himself to rangers.

Got confidence that we will get in another striker and winger with pace.

Recruitment this window so far has been of s high standard, hope it continues.

calumhibee1
21-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Statement incoming...

Stretching off my fingers right now :greengrin

HoboHarry
21-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Reported for spreading hatred about vegan sausage rolls.
Vegan sausage roll?

Joe6-2
21-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Stretching off my fingers right now :greengrin

Naughty boy! 😬

KeithTheHibby
21-01-2019, 09:38 PM

Allan
Gauld
Omeonga
Ambrose
Cummings
Barker

In and

Hyndman
MacLaren

Out

Bath of beans stuff.

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 09:42 PM

I was referring to his thoughts on Jamie MAC but yes you are correct I said at the time I did not know where he got his energy from ? :confused:

SirDavidsNapper
21-01-2019, 09:56 PM
The door is still open for a Malonga return. He doesn't care about The Rangers, he scores worldies against Raith Rovers, scores derby goals..what more do we need?

BoyledEgg
21-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Aberdeen after Lewis Morgan aswell

hibs#1
21-01-2019, 10:00 PM
Even if he's at about the same level as when he left us, I'd be happy to see him return.

I thought he showed a good level of improvement ovet his time with us. It was interrupted when Souttar injured him at Tynecastle just when he was starting to produce a better final ball. By the end of the season there was definitely and end product from him - came on with 20-25mins to go in the 5-3 game v Killie and scored. Came on with about the same amount of time to go in final game of season v Rangers and set up Maclaren's injury time equaliser.

Yeah I agree didn't think much of him to start with but thought by the end of the season he was really starting to get going.I really think it wouldn't be the worst career move for him to sign for us a get a really good run of games.

04Sauzee
21-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Aberdeen after Lewis Morgan aswell

Worked well with Christie going to Aberdeen.
Surprised Celtic would do any business with Aberdeen though after the McKenna saga. I'm sure that's how it works

Hibdan12
21-01-2019, 10:33 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190121/7f63f3234696b48fd85fb1969c1268df.jpg

Teaser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominic Malonga!?!?!

04Sauzee
21-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Dominic Malonga!?!?!

Doo Doo Doo Stephane Omeonga

One Day Soon
21-01-2019, 10:55 PM
Good grief, what happened with the double consenting? :shocked:

Wilson
21-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Good grief, what happened with the double consenting? :shocked:

Post #metoo you need that and a written affidavit.

calumhibee1
22-01-2019, 06:43 AM

Not having them in early enough was one of the issues I had. The fact we’ve got Milligan who’s never really got up to speed and we signed two guys that late on that never got any form of pre season and have been up there with the most pointless signings in history (Mavrias and Nelom) leaves me standing by that.

I also thought in the summer that we needed to sign a box to box midfielder and another striker and questioned why we seemed to almost exclusively be signing midfielders who would usually either play the number 10 role or as a winger.

As MWC said, quite a few people had concerns with our recruitment in the summer but were called bedwetters and whatever else. To say that everyone was happy with our business in the summer isn’t true.

SirDavidsNapper
22-01-2019, 07:12 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190121/7f63f3234696b48fd85fb1969c1268df.jpg

Teaser

Please let it be true

HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE RANGERS!!!

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 07:15 AM
Please let it be true

HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE RANGERS!!!

This was yesterday for Omeonga.

agent324
22-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Hibs have got 3 strikers on the radar at the moment, first choice is Jason Cummings who is in Edinburgh talking to the club, chances looking slimmer as both sides far from agreement with wages. Jamie Maclaren will be away if hibs get 2 of the 3 targets. Lewis Allan would be released aswell

SMAXXA
22-01-2019, 07:26 AM
Hibs have got 3 strikers on the radar at the moment, first choice is Jason Cummings who is in Edinburgh talking to the club, chances looking slimmer as both sides far from agreement with wages. Jamie Maclaren will be away if hibs get 2 of the 3 targets. Lewis Allan would be released aswell

Not sure lewis will be released Loan more likely

agent324
22-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Not sure lewis will be released Loan more likely

Lewis has been on loan 4 times, he is 22 now and still not scored a goal for the club. He will only be released if hibs get 2 strikers or 1 and Maclaren stays.

04Sauzee
22-01-2019, 07:34 AM
I think Lewis Allan's contract may be up in the summer. I like the guy he's worked hard but don't think he's going to make it at Hibs. I do hope he has a good career somewhere else if it's not at Easter Road

calumhibee1
22-01-2019, 07:39 AM
I think Lewis Allan's contract may be up in the summer. I like the guy he's worked hard but don't think he's going to make it at Hibs. I do hope he has a good career somewhere else if it's not at Easter Road

He won’t make it here. I’d suspect he’ll be back to Edinburgh City when the time comes.

GreenArmyyy!
22-01-2019, 07:51 AM

This wets my appetite and there could well be something in it. I got a message on Friday night asking if I’d heard that we were back in for Barker as this person had been told that.

i asked around a wee bit and was told Hibs are 100% trying but it would be a 30/70 long shot as things stood. Hopefully this pushes things in the right direction.

Brandon got better with every single game he played, the two games against The Rangers at Easter Road he was absolutely unstoppable.

GreenArmyyy!
22-01-2019, 07:56 AM
I'd piss in his pants

I’d piss in my pants then introduce myself to these guys and piss in both their pants.

SMAXXA
22-01-2019, 07:57 AM

I agree he won’t make the grade at Hibs just don’t expect him to be released this month wouldn’t bother me if he was thought and would wish him well

brog
22-01-2019, 07:57 AM

GreenCastle
22-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Barker was unlucky with injuries just when he was showing form.

He was such a tricky player to play against and caused lots of issues.

Him on left and Boyle on right was he best balance I’ve seen for a long time with Hibs and width / speed and directness.

We had a lot of passers but we need dribblers to run at players and beat players = oppositions shape is breached.

Come back Barker !

I like Agyepong but like Barker injuries came when he was finding form - the difference is Agyepongs injury. I posted on here before he signed they are similar but Agyepong has struggled in Holland with muscular injuries due to how fast he is.

Either way hopefully we can have one of them involved as it’s something the team needs.

Ronniekirk
22-01-2019, 08:00 AM
A wee sensitive soul like you, never! :wink: Seriously, my point is there was minimal criticism of our summer signings, no one needed to be shouted down.

There were a few posters who made it clear they felt we needed another Striker as Shaw still leaning and not ready to play week in week outt
The loss of our three best midfield players was always going to be impossible to replace in one window and an on form McGinn seemed irreplsceable on our Budget Given That a lot of folk were diheatened when we couldn’t get the Allan deal over the line
But things are shaping up nicely in this window but two tricky away fixtures to navigate when our away form isn’t great will be a test
New players need time to integrate and he’ll into team but at same time we need six points so just have to find a way to do that’ in these two games and into February at some point we have a fully fit squad minus Boyle with all our new additions up to Speed and playing their part
But need to go on a winning run not just unbeaten run if we are serious about challenging forurth place

brog
22-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Lewis has been on loan 4 times, he is 22 now and still not scored a goal for the club. He will only be released if hibs get 2 strikers or 1 and Maclaren stays.

I know, started 2 games & still not scored. Disgraceful!

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2019, 08:02 AM
He won’t make it here. I’d suspect he’ll be back to Edinburgh City when the time comes.

The boy has been unlucky with injuries and has done extremely well to be in the first team squad at Scottish Premeir League level and all credit to him

It summed it up for me when Lewis and Olly started up top for the first half in the last Livi home game with Flo and Jamie MAC on the bench

I feel that while it was a big opportunity for both our young strikers it was more about Lenny trying to prove a point

He is still young has missed a lot of game time through injury and can continue to develop and improve but yes you are correct it looks as though it may have to be in the lower leagues Championship at best for young Lewis Allan

He is not away yet though and he can still be a hero

Never say never !

brog
22-01-2019, 08:04 AM

Are you saying JC has been released or told he can go by Forest? If he's coming in on loan then he wouldn't be talking money with Hibs. Serious question.

agent324
22-01-2019, 08:14 AM
I know, started 2 games & still not scored. Disgraceful!

Im not saying Lewis has underperformed when giving the chance while on the pitch, however through training etc he has not been good enough to merit himself more chances. Lewis is a good lad though and will find a team with ease

brog
22-01-2019, 08:17 AM
There were a few posters who made it clear they felt we needed another Striker as Shaw still leaning and not ready to play week in week outt
The loss of our three best midfield players was always going to be impossible to replace in one window and an on form McGinn seemed irreplsceable on our Budget Given That a lot of folk were diheatened when we couldn’t get the Allan deal over the line
But things are shaping up nicely in this window but two tricky away fixtures to navigate when our away form isn’t great will be a test
New players need time to integrate and he’ll into team but at same time we need six points so just have to find a way to do that’ in these two games and into February at some point we have a fully fit squad minus Boyle with all our new additions up to Speed and playing their part
But need to go on a winning run not just unbeaten run if we are serious about challenging forurth place

I agree & i also agree there were posters who complained about the delay in signings. In fact I think Calumhibee posted 5 minutes into the window on that subject. :wink: I responded to the OP which said something like ' it was clear to all we needed another 3 or 4 quality signings in the summer'. I don't recall any posts saying that at all but will be happy to be corrected.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-01-2019, 08:17 AM

Can’t see Cummings at Hearts

agent324
22-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Are you saying JC has been released or told he can go by Forest? If he's coming in on loan then he wouldn't be talking money with Hibs. Serious question.

Him and his agent have been told to go find a deal that would benefit both Jason and the club, O'Neil approved of this aswell when appointed

GreenArmyyy!
22-01-2019, 08:37 AM
I’ll be blunt, I don’t think either L.Allan or Shaw or good enough to be playing for Hibs. If we brought Cummings in I would ideally still like a target man in. What annoys me at the moment is if things aren’t going to plan during a game we don’t have the resources to change our style.

Souter96Mac
22-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Can’t see Cummings at Hearts

He's not suggesting that.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-01-2019, 08:48 AM
He's not suggesting that.

Ah

Misread

Apologies to agent324

makaveli1875
22-01-2019, 09:47 AM
I’ll be blunt, I don’t think either L.Allan or Shaw or good enough to be playing for Hibs. If we brought Cummings in I would ideally still like a target man in. What annoys me at the moment is if things aren’t going to plan during a game we don’t have the resources to change our style.

Allan probably wont make it but being blunt your talking ***** about Shaw , he was top scorer in the dev league and he's scoring goals for the 1st team , he's a decent footballer , just lacks a bit of strength against the big rugged defenders of this league , he can get down the gym and work on that . Give the boy a chance

SirDavidsNapper
22-01-2019, 09:54 AM

Sadly i agree

Ozyhibby
22-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Allan probably wont make it but being blunt your talking ***** about Shaw , he was top scorer in the dev league and he's scoring goals for the 1st team , he's a decent footballer , just lacks a bit of strength against the big rugged defenders of this league , he can get down the gym and work on that . Give the boy a chance

When is he going to get to the gym? Should have happened by now.
He has great potential but needs to toughen up mentally and physically.

calumhibee1
22-01-2019, 10:11 AM

I wouldn’t totally write off Shaw yet but I agree to an extent. I have a feeling he will end up a squad player at someone like Hamilton or a top end Championship team.

SChibs
22-01-2019, 10:12 AM

What have you seen to suggest he isn't strong enough mentally?

Elephant Stone
22-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Also keen to find out this one :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2019, 10:13 AM

i don't think it works like that for everyone, sure Genetics will have something to do with it all, i do like Oli and there's still time for him to 'bulk up' a bit at his age, don't think a lot realise he's still only a young growing 20 year old laddie :)

agent324
22-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Hearing one of the other strikers hibs are interested in is Kyle Edwards, on loan from West Brom.

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Hearing one of the other strikers hibs are interested in is Kyle Edwards, on loan from West Brom.

Hope not. 24 appearances in League Two and one goal by the age of 20, fits the "underwhelmed" bill.

flash
22-01-2019, 10:21 AM

You a real agent then?

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2019, 10:22 AM

Many thanks for sharing

I have been very impressed by your posts so far

All morsels of information however small are very welcome on these threads :greengrin

agent324
22-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Many thanks for sharing

I have been very impressed by your posts so far

All morsels of information however small are very welcome on these threads :greengrin

only passing on what ive heard, happens or not is a different story

Ronniekirk
22-01-2019, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=brog;5671593]I agree & i also agree there were posters who complained about the delay in signings. In fact I think Calumhibee posted 5 minutes into the window on that subject. :wink: I responded to the OP which said something like ' it was clear to all we needed another 3 or 4 quality signings in the summer'. I don't recall any posts saying that at all but will be happy to be corrected

I don’t remember these things But Lennon said he wanted to work with a smaller squad and some folk felt it should be bigger which in hindsight and with all our injuries has proved to be correct Then there was the Quality over Quantity debate with Hearts signing so many players but the majority seemed comfortable we had signed the better players
But anyway it’s the second half of the Season that will determine where we finish Outwith the Top Six imo
Would be unacceptable but with the injuries we had it was no surprise we didn’t stay in the top six

calumhibee1
22-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Hope not. 24 appearances in League Two and one goal by the age of 20, fits the "underwhelmed" bill.

Yup. Without knowing anything about him other than his Wikipedia stats it’s a no from me.

CapitalGreen
22-01-2019, 10:33 AM
You a real agent then?

Of course he is, he has agent in his username. Only a weirdo would put agent in their username if they weren't a real agent. It's also well known fact that it is common for real football agents to sign up to fans message boards and post a lot during what is probably their busiest time of the year.

JimBHibees
22-01-2019, 10:34 AM

Who says he hasnt been doing that anyway he is a thin build so probably not that obvious re how much gym work he has been doing. Would assume the club would be monitoring this and give advice and support as required.

brog
22-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Him and his agent have been told to go find a deal that would benefit both Jason and the club, O'Neil approved of this aswell when appointed

Thanks for that. By benefitting the club does that mean Forest expect a fee?

matty_f
22-01-2019, 10:38 AM
You a real agent then?

If he's also moonlighting in an Edinburgh financial institution, maybe... :wink:

agent324
22-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that. By benefitting the club does that mean Forest expect a fee?

They do, however they want him off the books

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 10:42 AM
If he's also moonlighting in an Edinburgh financial institution, maybe... :wink:

Standard response from you, Matty.

Get a life. :wink:

matty_f
22-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Standard response from you, Matty.

Get a life. :wink:

Many other Edinburgh financial institutions are available. :agree:

flash
22-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Of course he is, he has agent in his username. Only a weirdo would put agent in their username if they weren't a real agent. It's also well known fact that it is common for real football agents to sign up to fans message boards and post a lot during what is probably their busiest time of the year.

Good. He can keep us ahead of the game.

FilipinoHibs
22-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Also keen to find out this one :agree:

Scored some important goals against the bigger teams. Andy Murray pretty scrawny at that age and a long way from top 5. Gym work built him and skill came through as he matured. Give Ollie a break.

flash
22-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Seems legit then.

matty_f
22-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Seems legit then.

I'm not saying he's not an agent, you know. I'm sure many of them do other jobs as well, especially during the busy transfer window period.

agent324
22-01-2019, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=matty_f;5671706]I'm not saying he's not an agent, you know. I'm sure many of them do other jobs as well, especially during the busy transfer window period.[/QUOTE

Im no agent

flash
22-01-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm not saying he's not an agent, you know. I'm sure many of them do other jobs as well, especially during the busy transfer window period.

So cynical for one so young.

Springbank
22-01-2019, 10:51 AM

TBF was there not a rumour that Laurence Shankland's agent was still sunning himself on holiday in the first week of January?
That seemed crazy given this is the busiest 4 weeks of the 40 week period from 1 September - 9 June [when the summer transfer window opens in Scotland]

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 10:52 AM

:tee hee:

rotherhamrob
22-01-2019, 11:00 AM

We need a like button👍

Ozyhibby
22-01-2019, 11:01 AM

You don’t think he’s playing with very low confidence just now? He’s missing chances regularly now that he wasn’t before.
He was also drop back down to the development team earlier this season to rebuild his confidence.

makaveli1875
22-01-2019, 11:11 AM
You don’t think he’s playing with very low confidence just now? He’s missing chances regularly now that he wasn’t before.
He was also drop back down to the development team earlier this season to rebuild his confidence.

Is this a fact ? or a hibs.net fact , how many games has he played for the development team this season ?

The Modfather
22-01-2019, 11:29 AM
You a real agent then?

My moneys on it being Underscore :devil: too soon? :greengrin

Brightside
22-01-2019, 11:33 AM
My moneys on it being Underscore :devil: too soon? :greengrin

Nope. One account is enough. I'll go back to lurking.

silverhibee
22-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Is the other two Shankland and Eaves.

04Sauzee
22-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Doing a bit digging on the interweb and it would seem Kyle is more of a winger and plays on the left. That could be why his goals stat isn't so hot

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2019, 12:00 PM
What happened to the Agent?

:dunno:

Scooter
22-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Probably 1 of 2 things.
1. He was a yam.
2. He's actually spot on with his information and the site has removed to help the club with targets

04Sauzee
22-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Consented so soon :confused:

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 12:05 PM

My guess would be that he was actually the reincarnation of a recently binned poster.

BegbieHSC
22-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Sun say Efe’s no coming home, and was just wearing a jacket cause he was cold :(

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3780348/hibs-efe-ambrose-new-deal-easter-road/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1548164265

Hibernian Verse
22-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Sun say Efe’s no coming home, and was just wearing a jacket cause he was cold :(

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3780348/hibs-efe-ambrose-new-deal-easter-road/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1548164265

Caught out by Scottish weather? The guy has lived here for years, pish poor journalism because the guy is Nigerian.

bingo70
22-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Caught out by Scottish weather? The guy has lived here for years, pish poor journalism because the guy is Nigerian.

What difference does it make he's lived here for years?

I've lived here all my life and i get caught out by the weather some times.

I personally think the Sun will have made a couple of enquiries and been told what they've printed, he's not coming back.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-01-2019, 01:08 PM

It’s not what I wanted to hear therefore the sun is a **** source and a west coast orange rag

I believe Efe is coming home

Like fairies, clap your hands if you believe and it’ll bring this back to life

hibs#1
22-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Brendan Rodgers says Hibs haven't made an approach for Lewis Morgan.In either in the evening news or evening times can't remember.

Hibernian Verse
22-01-2019, 01:46 PM
What difference does it make he's lived here for years?

I've lived here all my life and i get caught out by the weather some times.

I personally think the Sun will have made a couple of enquiries and been told what they've printed, he's not coming back.Bingo I was being offended For no reason. Didn't make it clear that I was joking haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jacomo
22-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Brendan Rodgers says Hibs haven't made an approach for Lewis Morgan.In either in the evening news or evening times can't remember.

Brendan Rodgers talks sh*te. This should be well known by now.

pacoluna
22-01-2019, 01:52 PM

I'm Paco Luna.

Heedersnvolleys
22-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Scored some important goals against the bigger teams. Andy Murray pretty scrawny at that age and a long way from top 5. Gym work built him and skill came through as he matured. Give Ollie a break.
And Andy Murray wishes he had looked at the fitness side a lot earlier than he did. No excuse other than medical if he is not working on it.

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 02:08 PM
I'm Paco Luna.

I'm a diclonius (don't look it up).

Eaststand
22-01-2019, 02:21 PM
I'm a diclonius (don't look it up).

I'm Biggus Dickus.....

Watch the clip on YouTube it's one of the very vewy best :-)

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 02:27 PM
I'm Biggus Dickus.....

Watch the clip on YouTube it's one of the very vewy best :-)

GGTTH

He has a wife, you know ...

Eaststand
22-01-2019, 02:44 PM
He has a wife, you know ...

Weally, and what would her name be ;-)

Thwow him to the gwound, vewy woughly

GGTTH

One Day Soon
22-01-2019, 02:47 PM
I'm One Day. Not now but Soon, very very Soon.

SonOfDavidFrancey
22-01-2019, 02:56 PM

GGTTH

This thread is wisible

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 02:57 PM

GGTTH

About eleven, sir.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 03:03 PM
This thread is wisible

You will find yourself in gladiator school vewy quickly with wotten behavior like that. :hilarious

Better stop now. Thwead hijacking is fwound upon 😁

JXM73
22-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Welease wodiwick...

He w anks higher than any in wome...

Could go on and on

h185forever
22-01-2019, 03:27 PM
This thread is wisible

yeah ....I can see it too .....lucky it’s not inwisible or none of us would see it :wink:

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Welease wodiwick...

He w anks higher than any in wome...

Could go on and on

Thtop it.

McIntosh
22-01-2019, 04:48 PM
My guess would be that he was actually the reincarnation of a recently binned poster.
I kniw this is of topic but what happened yesterday with “my wife Camille” and “Dexter St John” to incur their departure.

Haymaker
22-01-2019, 04:51 PM
:hyper

JohnMcM
22-01-2019, 04:56 PM

I find it hard to agree with you about Lewis and Oli.

Oli is a striker who thrives on making the best of well delivered passes. Yes, he has missed a few chances from good passes, but in his defence, 1 maybe 2 good passes in his recent games simply have not been good enough. He scores for fun elsewhere when on the receiving end of good deliveries.

I feel eel sorry for Lewis. Chucked in at the deep end when injuries to and poor performances by other players made NL make changes. I think he hasn't been given a run long-enough to show he can do at senior level what he does for the development team.

Each to their own view huh?

:flag:

Elephant Stone
22-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Reading through the lines from Lennon's latest press conference, Celtic are completely ignoring us over Morgan.

Lawell can keep this temper tantrum up as long as he wants but this can go both ways, i.e. us refusing to listen to them for offers for our payers even if they do make an acceptable bid.

Why are you making things up

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 05:10 PM
I kniw this is of topic but what happened yesterday with “my wife Camille” and “Dexter St John” to incur their departure.

I'm not sure, I'm not an admin.

hibee_nation
22-01-2019, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure, I'm not an admin.

Who cares it was the best news on this thread.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Who cares it was the best news on this thread.

I don't care. I was answering a question which was put to me for some reason.

Joe6-2
22-01-2019, 05:44 PM
This thread has gone way of course!!

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 05:49 PM
This thread has gone way of course!!

Agreed, needs a fish pun or new signing.

SaulGoodman
22-01-2019, 05:52 PM
I don't care. I was answering a question which was put to me for some reason.

Why does the site slow down on matchdays?

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Why are you making things up

After re-reading the article I realised I misread it first time. Apologies.

HoboHarry
Agreed, needs a fish pun or new signing.
Agreed, thread is starting to flounder....

SquashedFrogg
And Andy Murray wishes he had looked at the fitness side a lot earlier than he did. No excuse other than medical if he is not working on it.

Medical? How does that work?

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Agreed, thread is starting to flounder....

Ok. I'd like to skate right now I had nothing to do with this.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Pollocks

HoboHarry
Yes you did, your post is a red herring....

Michael
I find it hard to agree with you about Lewis and Oli.

Oli is a striker who thrives on making the best of well delivered passes. Yes, he has missed a few chances from good passes, but in his defence, 1 maybe 2 good passes in his recent games simply have not been good enough. He scores for fun elsewhere when on the receiving end of good deliveries.

I feel eel sorry for Lewis. Chucked in at the deep end when injuries to and poor performances by other players made NL make changes. I think he hasn't been given a run long-enough to show he can do at senior level what he does for the development team.

Each to their own view huh?

:flag:

Usually if a youngster is to make it they make an immediate impact. Shaw might have a chance of doing something for us, but no chance for Lewis Allan.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Usually if a youngster is to make it they make an immediate impact. Shaw might have a chance of doing something for us, but no chance for Lewis Allan.

Totally where I'm at. Shaw (for me has something that gives him a chance), sadly I don't see anything in Allan.

SquashedFrogg
Yes you did, your post is a red herring....

Caught hook, line and sinker.....

tynehibs
Pollocks

Your a dab hand at this

Hermit Crab
22-01-2019, 06:13 PM
**** off with the puns please, there was a separate thread for this ****. Use it.

stoneyburn hibs
22-01-2019, 06:17 PM
**** off with the puns please, there was a separate thread for this ****. Use it.

Well said Mr Crab 😂😂

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Language Timothy. A bit of light hearted fun in amongst transfer chat. There was plenty of it earlier. Didn't see you complain when the whole "biggus dickus" chat was happening.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Well said Mr Crab 😂😂

Pmsl:greengrin

tynehibs
22-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Language Timothy. A bit of light hearted fun in amongst transfer chat. There was plenty of it earlier. Didn't see you complain when the whole "biggus dickus" chat was happening.

Eel apologise

Haymaker
22-01-2019, 06:22 PM

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Eel apologise
No he won't, he's a real crabby b*****d......

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 06:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

Joe6-2
22-01-2019, 06:34 PM
No he won't, he's a real crabby b*****d......

I've haddock with this

Greencore
22-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Striker and a winger please!

Smartie
22-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Striker and a winger please!

Hans Gills-haus and Ted McMinnow.

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 06:48 PM
"Hey, the transfer thread has blown up, let's see what exciting new signings they're all discussing!"

"LOL FISH PUNS FISH FISH LOL WE LIKE FISH LOL..,,,.,., DONT HAVE A SEA-COW MAN!!! GEDDIT CAUSE ITS A NORMAL SENTENCE BUT THERES A FISH THING IN IT"

Every. Time.

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 06:50 PM
"Hey, the transfer thread has blown up, let's see what exciting new signings they're all discussing!"

"LOL FISH PUNS FISH FISH LOL WE LIKE FISH LOL..,,,.,., DONT HAVE A SEA-COW MAN!!! GEDDIT CAUSE ITS A NORMAL SENTENCE BUT THERES A FISH THING IN IT"

Every. Time.
I'm having a whale of a time personally......

hibee1875
22-01-2019, 06:53 PM

Every. Time.

It’s brutal. Genuinely don’t get pun humour

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 06:55 PM

It’s brutal agreed

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 06:58 PM

You do get it. You just don't pike it.

jingler1954
22-01-2019, 07:01 PM
It’s brutal agreed

This is a load of carp!

Joe6-2
It’s brutal agreed

I blame Petrie...........Rod!!

mjhibby

Really. It's what makes life bearable. The dafter the better.

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Really. It's what makes life bearable. The dafter the better.
Exactly, puns fill my sole with joy......

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 07:05 PM

I didn't find the biggus dickus stuff funny or interesting earlier but never felt the need to whine about it.

This thread has been full of utter crap at times. And a pun scrambles peoples brains.

Ok. Shaw should stay in my opinion and I hope Barker comes back.

Beefster
22-01-2019, 07:09 PM
I didn't find the biggus dickus stuff funny or interesting earlier but never felt the need to whine about it.

This thread has been full of utter crap at times. And a pun scrambles peoples brains.

You’re strange. I hate puns but even I found the Life of Brian stuff funny.

And don’t be trying to bring us back on topic either.

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 07:12 PM

All fine and I get some find puns funny. However I log into Hibs.net looking for the latest updates and rumours and when I see new posts in the “transfer thread” I wrongly believe something is going on. Sadly it’s just full of meaningless guff and I sadly now find twitter or Facebook better for rumour chat.

Anyway each to their own I suppose.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 07:15 PM
You’re strange. I hate puns but even I found the Life of Brian stuff funny.

And don’t be trying to bring us back on topic either.

Eh? I got Life of Brian references. Just didnt moan when they appeared on a transfer thread.

Lemonade
22-01-2019, 07:22 PM
All fine and I get some find puns funny. However I log into Hibs.net looking for the latest updates and rumours and when I see new posts in the “transfer thread” I wrongly believe something is going on. Sadly it’s just full of meaningless guff and I sadly now find twitter or Facebook better for rumour chat.

:agree:

Its brutal.

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Good luck with believing the info found in those places mate.......

hibsbollah
22-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Mario Balotelli agrees terms with Marseille, announcement tomorrow.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2019, 07:27 PM
This thread is car crash stuff.

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Good luck with believing the info found in those places mate.......

I didn’t say I believe it 😁

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 07:30 PM

I bet they are the type who laugh at their own jokes.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2019, 07:43 PM

I admit i do that sometimes but lighten up for cods sakes

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2019, 07:47 PM

Probably. Then again, maybe not.

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 07:50 PM
I admit i do that sometimes but lighten up for cods sakes

I’m lightened up thank you very much. Just don’t understand the mentality to post the same unfunny puns. It’s like watching Only an excuse on repeat

Eyrie
22-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Mario Balotelli agrees terms with Marseille, announcement tomorrow.

He'll mackerel difference for Marseille. Still only 28, which surprised me. Feels like he's been around forever.

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 07:56 PM
I’m lightened up thank you very much. Just don’t understand the mentality to post the same unfunny puns. It’s like watching Only an excuse on repeat
So is every other transfer thread where a whole host of keyboard experts explain to us how crap our scouting team is/why we didn't sign players early/why we didn't push the boat out financially/it's all Rod Petrie's fault/blah blah blah ad nauseum. Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean everyone else has to be the same as you.

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 07:58 PM
So is every other transfer thread where a whole host of keyboard experts explain to us how crap our scouting team is/why we didn't sign players early/why we didn't push the boat out financially/it's all Rod Petrie's fault/blah blah blah ad nauseum. Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean everyone else has to be the same as you.

I didn’t say everyone has to be the same as me? It’s you that’s taking offence as I find puns annoying and unfunny.

RoscoHibby
22-01-2019, 07:58 PM

I used to think like this, until i then realised most of the fun is in watching folk go mental about it and then getting hit with them as well. 😂😂

Anyway, while im on what's that boys name, singer, used to be in a band, from Edinburgh, likes the hibs...

Zazu62
22-01-2019, 08:01 PM

This

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 08:01 PM
I used to think like this, until i then realised most of the fun is in watching folk go mental about it and then getting hit with them as well. 😂😂

Anyway, while im on what's that boys name, singer, used to be in a band, from Edinburgh, likes the hibs...

Well maybe you are right. Probably best to leave them to get on with it.

Joe6-2
22-01-2019, 08:03 PM

😂😂😂

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 08:06 PM
I didn’t say everyone has to be the same as me? It’s you that’s taking offence as I find puns annoying and unfunny.
Not taking offence at all, simply pointing out that you find puns boring while I find the same repetitive stuff telling us how s***e our club handles the transfer window to be a gigantic bore. Each to their own.....

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 08:08 PM

Don't remember but he's Incommunicado......

Tobias Funke
22-01-2019, 08:09 PM

Agreed. Absolutely love watching the more highly strung and twitchy members on here get their knickers in a twist over it. :top marks

sambajustice
22-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Algae radio rental if these puns don't stop soon!!!!

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Not taking offence at all, simply pointing out that you find puns boring while I find the same repetitive stuff telling us how s***e our club handles the transfer window to be a gigantic bore. Each to their own.....

Don’t believe you sorry.

And at what stage did I say I liked any of what you just posted above? All I have said is puns are not funny - you then came on the attack as you didn’t like that

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Don’t believe you sorry.

And at what stage did I say I liked any of what you just posted above? All I have said is puns are not funny - you The came on the attack 😘
OK then, fair enough.

RoxburghHibs
22-01-2019, 08:14 PM
OK then, fair enough.

Maybe there should be two threads. One for the puns one without.

We all win 😁

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2019, 08:15 PM

Thats bad taste, so soon after the Dukes a hazard crash. :wink:

IanM
22-01-2019, 08:27 PM

You’ll have to resort to making up your own rumours for your twitter account

04Sauzee
22-01-2019, 08:31 PM

Ooft 😆 :)

Captain Trips
22-01-2019, 08:37 PM
I find the puns pish but won't be getting worked up. I will just keep on scrolling until I see something interesting.

J-C
22-01-2019, 08:39 PM
I'm having a whale of a time personally......

Hate to be pedantic but that's a mammal. :greengrin

Roxyhibee
22-01-2019, 08:41 PM

Paul Hake of Josef K was a Hibby..?

Hibernian Verse
22-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Hate to be pedantic but that's a mammal. :greengrinAnd a Killer Whale is not actually a whale.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2019, 08:46 PM

Canny mind asking bud.

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Fish!

:faf:

J-C
22-01-2019, 08:58 PM
And a Killer Whale is not actually a whale.

Pedant alert.

It's actually a toothed whale ( Odontoceti ) of the cetacean family which include dolphins and porpoises and all other whales that have teeth, the other whales have Baleens which are filter feeder such as the blue, humpback and grey whales.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2019, 09:03 PM
https://i.gifer.com/51Vu.gif

One Day Soon
22-01-2019, 09:03 PM

Dick...

hibsbollah
22-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Pedant alert.

It's actually a toothed whale ( Odontoceti ) of the cetacean family which include dolphins and porpoises and all other whales that have teeth, the other whales have Baleens which are filter feeder such as the blue, humpback and grey whales.

Top digression:top marks genius

Hibernian Verse
22-01-2019, 09:08 PM
Pedant alert.

It's actually a toothed whale ( Odontoceti ) of the cetacean family which include dolphins and porpoises and all other whales that have teeth, the other whales have Baleens which are filter feeder such as the blue, humpback and grey whales.That is true. However they are not seen as traditional whales by the WDC and other groups (totally different Pavorder). They are of course all cetaceans.

jgl07
22-01-2019, 09:11 PM
He'll mackerel difference for Marseille. Still only 28, which surprised me. Feels like he's been around forever.
He had won three league championships (Two at Inter and one at City) by the age of 21.

He has been around a bit for a 28 year old.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Why does the site slow down on matchdays?

lol he's going to pump her

Diclonius
22-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Oh my god, that one's actually funny. :eek:

The 90+2
22-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Or what about not actually spamming a thread that people will use as a source of info *

*unless the guys girls running the site find it acceptable because it’s the usual crew spamming.

The 90+2
22-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Oh my god, that one's actually funny. :eek:

Can’t wait to show the work colleagues tomorrow when it comes to our transfer window. Try contain yourself 👍

matty_f
22-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Or what about not actually spamming a thread that people will use as a source of info *

*unless the guys girls running the site find it acceptable because it’s the usual crew spamming.
Really?

matty_f
22-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Can we leave the puns now please.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2019, 09:29 PM

The folk complaining are spamming just as much, if not more, than the punsters.

If folk are genuinely relying on this thread for their information then they're not very astute so they probably don't realise they're puns in the first place.

FilipinoHibs
22-01-2019, 09:31 PM

Yup this thread had no whiff of the three signings so far - including Allan's pre contract. All came from Hibs. The thread is amusing at times but tediously boring at other times. One for the obcessed contributors.

Haymaker
22-01-2019, 09:33 PM

matty_f
22-01-2019, 09:34 PM

If folk are genuinely relying on this thread for their information then they're not very astute so they probably don't realise they're puns in the first place.

They're not spamming more than the punsters.

jacomo
22-01-2019, 09:52 PM

The trick is to stay on topic while slipping in a pun at the same time no?

It’s lack of technique more than anything.

Wee Effen Bee
22-01-2019, 10:15 PM
They're not spamming more than the punsters.
Nonsense. Next you’ll be banning us for trying to lighten up tedious threads like this. Who’s next for the chip...I mean chop? Remember Niemöller:
First they came for the punsters and I didn’t speak up because I wanted to post made up stories to make me look important! Or something like that. Too many crabby gets on here telling us how Hibs are reluctant to spend a few squid to encourage some international superstar(fish) Poseidon the dotted line for us. They’re the ones skate-ing on thin ice by continually coasting codswallop on here. If you’re reely going to ban people, just for the halibut, let minnow!😬

WeeRussell
22-01-2019, 10:21 PM

He’s right. The transfer thread isn’t the plaice for these.

One Day Soon
22-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Have to say I've enjoyed all of it at one level or another. Transfer rumours, lack of transfer rumours, the mass consenting like a St Valentiine's Day Massacre, the whining, the axe grinding, the commitment to negativity, even the puns to a degree. Seems a pity to let the league season recommence really.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Some clean up job for the admins this thread.

WeeRussell
22-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Some clean up job for the admins this thread.

All hands on deck!

Hermit Crab
22-01-2019, 11:23 PM
He’s right. The transfer thread isn’t the plaice for these.

All hands on deck!

:rolleyes:

Smartie
22-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Have to say I've enjoyed all of it at one level or another. Transfer rumours, lack of transfer rumours, the mass consenting like a St Valentiine's Day Massacre, the whining, the axe grinding, the commitment to negativity, even the puns to a degree. Seems a pity to let the league season recommence really.

Me too.

Transfer window threads are hilarious. Agitation/ panic at the lack of signings, ecstasy when we do sign someone, bickering, OT nonsense (the post about whales feeding above was a particular favourite), the occasional outbreak of puns, some more bickering, disquiet as our rivals make more signings, a few contributors "mutually consented", a bit more bickering.......

If you're really looking for information then this would not be the place to look imo. For chilled-out entertainment, it's the place to be.

HoboHarry
22-01-2019, 11:47 PM
Me too.

Transfer window threads are hilarious. Agitation/ panic at the lack of signings, ecstasy when we do sign someone, bickering, OT nonsense (the post about whales feeding above was a particular favourite), the occasional outbreak of puns, some more bickering, disquiet as our rivals make more signings, a few contributors "mutually consented", a bit more bickering.......

If you're really looking for information then this would not be the place to look imo. For chilled-out entertainment, it's the place to be.
Pass the joint man.........:smokin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2019, 12:01 AM
Is there a cheerio page where you can see who’s been faxed to Kaunas?

matty_f
23-01-2019, 03:27 AM
Nonsense. Next you’ll be banning us for trying to lighten up tedious threads like this. Who’s next for the chip...I mean chop? Remember Niemöller:
First they came for the punsters and I didn’t speak up because I wanted to post made up stories to make me look important! Or something like that. Too many crabby gets on here telling us how Hibs are reluctant to spend a few squid to encourage some international superstar(fish) Poseidon the dotted line for us. They’re the ones skate-ing on thin ice by continually coasting codswallop on here. If you’re reely going to ban people, just for the halibut, let minnow!😬
In all for lightening things up, but the puns (and especially the fish puns) have been done to death, and clearly they're making the thread a lot less enjoyable for some users, who have asked folk to stop with them.

I think that is just about having some common courtesy in these instances, it's easy enough to start a new thread or revisit one of the many, many other threads where someone has done something for the halibut etc and regurgitate then on that thread.

Continuing with them when people are calling out that it's doing things is just shellfish, sorry, selfish.

WeeRussell
23-01-2019, 04:30 AM

Oh my cod that’s some effort.

WeeRussell
23-01-2019, 04:32 AM

Only on .NET

MacGruber
23-01-2019, 05:56 AM
At least 1 striker required for any chance of top six and subsequent Euro push. 2 strikers, winger & Allan ideally...... & Efe

C'mon Hibs

patch1875
23-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Ive haddock up to here with all the puns.

im trout.