PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

calumhibee1
10-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Only one who was decent out of that lot was Doherty. Crap attitude mind.

Doherty was decent for us I thought. Always felt people’s opinions of him were clouded by what went on after the cup final although IMO there was players closer to home that have more to answer for than he does.

Diclonius
10-01-2019, 12:03 PM
EEN now calling Gauld a Hibs "target" in a highlights video. :paranoid:

Callum_62
10-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Surely someone has seen him in Dubai?

mcfly
10-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Now on page 117 and still no new signings

Only on hibs.net 😩

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Doherty was decent for us I thought. Always felt people’s opinions of him were clouded by what went on after the cup final although IMO there was players closer to home that have more to answer for than he does.

Definitely

FGR2016
10-01-2019, 12:10 PM

They also say thats hibs are soon expected to complete his signing. Don't think theres much to worry about with this one, it'll be over the line soon enough :thumbsup:

Tobias Funke
10-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Yep, definitely not signing now.

Heisenberg
10-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Hoped we’d have at least one signing in by now but it’s not happened yet for whatever reason. 3 weeks left to get half a team signed up.

The 90+2
10-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Hoped we’d have at least one signing in by now but it’s not happened yet for whatever reason. 3 weeks left to get half a team signed up.

Gauld will be announced this afternoon 👍

RossScott1991
10-01-2019, 12:21 PM
Peterborough played last night, Cummings not in the squad. ;)

MrRobot
10-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Not sure about the JC rumours. NL didn’t seem keen on him when he was here before so not so sure he’d want him back.

Keith_M
10-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Only on hibs.net 😩

Funny but that was exactly what I was thinking.

We can't half rabbit on about absolutely nothing.

brog
10-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Looks like GSM is heading to USA. Much bleating from the Sheep!

1van Sprou7e
10-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Tin hat on - those signings did fine for us.

If they'd been as pish as folk are making out we'd have been relegated and knocked out the cup in the first round.

The worst thing they could have done was to reach a cup final.

Doherty is obviously a great player and did well for us, claros is the same to a lesser extent

O'Donovan did decent but Soares and kujabi were mostly pish

matty_f

It's a disgrace that clubs from the USA can sign players already and we still haven't announced anyone. Noticed Falkirk have signed someone today as well, so that's only got me more annoyed.

Diclonius

Good, now he can stop scoring against us.

Last Minute
10-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Not sure about the JC rumours. NL didn’t seem keen on him when he was here before so not so sure he’d want him back.

Strange as in the Hibernian reborn Dvd Neil said he was delighted to get him back and called Leeanne to get the contract ready as soon as possible :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
10-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Strange as in the Hibernian reborn Dvd Neil said he was delighted to get him back and called Leeanne to get the contract ready as soon as possible :rolleyes:

Get him back from where? :confused:

Heckys Wheel
10-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Get him back from where? :confused:

If memory serves me correctly, JC had decided he wanted to leave and NL “brought him back” from the brink?

HoboHarry
10-01-2019, 12:55 PM
It's a disgrace that clubs from the USA can sign players already and we still haven't announced anyone. Noticed Falkirk have signed someone today as well, so that's only got me more annoyed.
Not sure why you think that Matty? Their season is closed....

Last Minute
10-01-2019, 01:01 PM
If memory serves me correctly, JC had decided he wanted to leave and NL “brought him back” from the brink?

Correct .:agree:

matty_f
10-01-2019, 01:06 PM
Not sure why you think that Matty? Their season is closed....

I wasn't being serious :aok:

Lago
10-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Funny but that was exactly what I was thinking.

We can't half rabbit on about absolutely nothing.

Nothing to report result in much ado about nothing, it's the Hibs way.

HoboHarry
10-01-2019, 01:16 PM
I wasn't being serious :aok:
OK fair enough. I was wondering if I was missing something......

The_Horde
10-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Admins. Fax this troll back to kaunas at once.

Speedway
10-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Comments like that you can beat it. 😉.

GGTTH

That's bad really really bad, you know it. C'mon.

Hopefully Lennon can still get a couple in before the team head off to Dubai.

greenpaper55
10-01-2019, 01:32 PM
It's the Hibs way, suddenly nothing happened but mind you it happened suddenly ! It's almost as if the club is putting two fingers up to the fans, not a cheep from anyone, they would be greeting their eyes out if we held back ST money until the last day !

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Who is GSM?

Hibbyradge
10-01-2019, 01:39 PM

My memory is getting worse. I have no recollection of that at all.

Heisenberg
10-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Ayr have announced that none of their players will be leaving in this window. Offers only being accepted if the player is to be loaned back to them for the rest of the season.

Ends any speculation about Shankland to us in this window.

Callum_62
10-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Ayr have announced that none of their players will be leaving in this window. Offers only being accepted if the player is to be loaned back to them for the rest of the season.

Depends really how the player takes that

Reads like the club trying to be seen as taking a hardline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
10-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Unless he hands in a transfer request and tries to force a permanent move.

EDIT: I read the statement and there's a bit where McCall says that players who sign pre-contracts "will also be informed that pre contracts in Scotland are not recognised by the SFA and are therefore worthless." What's that about?

makaveli1875
10-01-2019, 01:50 PM
My memory is getting worse. I have no recollection of that at all.

Not remember lennon flying him out to France for the euros and jc getting selfies with Alan shearer

MrSmith
10-01-2019, 01:52 PM
That's bad really really bad, you know it. C'mon.

Hopefully Lennon can still get a couple in before the team head off to Dubai.

When do they head off to Dubai?

Heisenberg
10-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Unless he hands in a transfer request and tries to force a permanent move.

EDIT: I read the statement and there's a bit where McCall says that players who sign pre-contracts "will also be informed that pre contracts in Scotland are not recognised by the SFA and are therefore worthless." What's that about?

Perhaps means if any of them sign a pre contract with another Scottish club it’s not officially recognised by the SFA? Absolutely no clue though. Never heard of it before.

Hibbyradge
10-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Not remember lennon flying him out to France for the euros and jc getting selfies with Alan shearer

I don't remember that at all, but I've just looked it up.

How did I miss that?

I was probably still on a high from the cup final.

Oscar T Grouch
10-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Who is GSM?

Gary Mackay Steven

Callum_62
10-01-2019, 02:06 PM
http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement-3/

Zazu62
10-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Mackay-Steven has scored 5 goals for Aberdeen, have they all been against Hibs?

BroxburnHibee
10-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Admins. Fax this troll back to kaunas at once.

Don't worry he's on our radar :agree:

One Day Soon
10-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Agree with that.

2 strikers
2 central midfielders
1 winger

Not sure I see us getting all of that though.

Plus the catering staff. If we don't strengthen there this window it's a disgrace.

My_Wife_Camille
10-01-2019, 02:11 PM
He’s scored way more than 5! Closer to 15 probably

Diclonius
10-01-2019, 02:16 PM

He's scored 10 and half of them have been against us.

calumhibee1
10-01-2019, 02:17 PM

He scored 9 last season alone? Not sure what he has this year.

One Day Soon
10-01-2019, 02:20 PM
They're probably deliberately dragging it out to save a day or two wages and that.

It's worse than that, they log on here and just target the pet obsessions and irrational ravings of a select band of posters to make sure they are doing exactly the opposite of what those posters want. Or something.

MrRobot
10-01-2019, 02:30 PM
I don't remember that at all, but I've just looked it up.

How did I miss that?

I was probably still on a high from the cup final.

haha I have absolutely no memory of this either.

Souter96Mac
10-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Just watched a sky interview with Lenny on twitter. Neil seems confident Gauld is in, and he'll be involved in the game tomorrow. It's just delayed with having to sort things out with Lisbon.
He said he's not been in contact with Celtic about Morgan, but said he is a type of player that would be welcomed.

Hibernia&Alba
10-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Just watched a sky interview with Lenny on twitter. Neil seems confident Gauld is in, and he'll be involved in the game tomorrow. It's just delayed with having to sort things out with Lisbon.
He said he's not been in contact with Celtic about Morgan, but said he is a type of player that would be welcomed.

Well that's positive news. Lennon will really be earning his corn this window: we need a good yin.

Ozyhibby
10-01-2019, 02:57 PM
http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement-3/

‘Derisory offer’ certainly sounds like it could be us. [emoji23]

Callum_62
10-01-2019, 02:59 PM
‘Derisory offer’ certainly sounds like it could be us. [emoji23]

Reads to me that a player or club trying to sign a player has advised they will sign a pre contract to force a move.

Ozyhibby
10-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Reads to me that a player or club trying to sign a player has advised they will sign a pre contract to force a move.

Yes, I agree. Sounds like a pre contract has happened and they are now trying to push it through now. Hope it’s us.

Captain Trips
10-01-2019, 03:04 PM

I agree I think he to a point happy to continue with him in Championship but not in SPL. I had a feeling that NL did not rate him as highly as others perhaps at the time he spoke to him he did or was a means to an end. I rataed him though so would welcome him back.

stantonsboots
10-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Yes, I agree. Sounds like a pre contract has happened and they are now trying to push it through now. Hope it’s us.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt was an offer from Dundee united for Liam Smith

J-C
10-01-2019, 03:11 PM

I said before Gauld was on a season long loan at Farense, this contract will have to be agreed to be terminated by them, paperwork will then have to go back to Sporting before they can then sign it off to us, our problem is Portuguese FA could be really slow in getting things like this done and we'll just have to wait for paperwork.

Tug Wilson
10-01-2019, 03:17 PM
I said before Gauld was on a season long loan at Farense, this contract will have to be agreed to be terminated by them, paperwork will then have to go back to Sporting before they can then sign it off to us, our problem is Portuguese FA could be really slow in getting things like this done and we'll just have to wait for paperwork.

Less of the sensible stuff. Get with the program. FFS Hibs get it sorted. Petrie out. Lennon out. Dempster out.

No sure how to add emoji ☺ hope this works.

Smartie
10-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Doherty is obviously a great player and did well for us, claros is the same to a lesser extent

O'Donovan did decent but Soares and kujabi were mostly pish

Doherty did well.

Kujabi also did very well for us. Sadly the only evidence that now exists is footage of a certain free kick and memories of a horrific cup final.

Soares and O'Donovan served a purpose and were an improvement on what we already had.

Claros was decent enough during that spell and very good when his loan was extended.

They came into a crap squad and improved it.

Put it this way - if our January business this year improves us as much as those players did then we should have a decent season.

mcfly
10-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Doherty did well.

Kujabi also did very well for us. Sadly the only evidence that now exists is footage of a certain free kick and memories of a horrific cup final.

Soares and O'Donovan served a purpose and were an improvement on what we already had.

Claros was decent enough during that spell and very good when his loan was extended.

They came into a crap squad and improved it.

Put it this way - if our January business this year improves us as much as those players did then we should have a decent season.

Oh dear why are we discussing these players who wouldn’t get anywhere near hibs now.

These guys were awful except Claros.

Let’s get back on topic about this transfer window, not 6 yrs ago

xyz23jc
10-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Who is GSM?

Monosodium Glutamate for the dyslexic....!? :duck:

James310
10-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Oh dear why are we discussing these players who wouldn’t get anywhere near hibs now.

These guys were awful except Claros.

Let’s get back on topic about this transfer window, not 6 yrs ago

So Matt Doherty, rumoured to be wanted by Spurs, would not improve our team?

pacoluna
10-01-2019, 03:55 PM

He was rank when at Hibs.

Golden Bear
10-01-2019, 04:02 PM
He was rank when at Hibs.

:agree:

Especially his attitude.

mcfly
10-01-2019, 04:11 PM

Was this the guy who was laughing at a 5-1 cup final defeat.

I don’t care if he is wanted by spurs - he was terrible at hibs and his don’t care attitude is not what we need.

So no he wouldn’t improve our team

Stokesy's on fire
10-01-2019, 04:12 PM

IMO we should offer him a contract. Aberdeen must be such a boring crowd to play in front of every week

Broken Gnome
10-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Matt Doherty was seven years ago. There's been 700 threads about Matt Doherty since then. There surely doesn't need to be another one...

mcfly
10-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Matt Doherty was seven years ago. There's been 700 threads about Matt Doherty since then. There surely doesn't need to be another one...

Exactly my point

We are now at 119 pages of this chat and not1 signing yet

SeanWilson
10-01-2019, 04:26 PM

I don’t care if he is wanted by spurs - he was terrible at hibs and his don’t care attitude is not what we need.

So no he wouldn’t improve our teamGet a grip. He wasn't arsed about losing in the final. It meant nothing to him. He apologised shortly afterwards. He's a fantastic football player. He played in an awful, awful, awful Hibs team as a loanee. Get over it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
10-01-2019, 04:29 PM

Errr, aye right ......:faf:

mcfly
10-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Get a grip. He wasn't arsed about losing in the final. It meant nothing to him. He apologised shortly afterwards. He's a fantastic football player. He played in an awful, awful, awful Hibs team as a loanee. Get over it.

Calm down calm down.......

This happened 6yrs ago, I don’t care anymore.

Someone keeps bringing up past signings - I’m no interested

I’m only bothered about this transfer window.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Only on hibs.net [emoji30]It's hardly Hibs.Nets fault we haven't signed anyone yet??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
10-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Was that not O'Connor who then went on night out.

Wilson
10-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Get a grip. He wasn't arsed about losing in the final. It meant nothing to him. He apologised shortly afterwards. He's a fantastic football player. He played in an awful, awful, awful Hibs team as a loanee. Get over it.

He was nothing special when at hibs. Perhaps it was his attitude. It is in the past so barely worth discussing. Except to suggest that we don't confuse the player he has become with the one that turned out for us.

As for the others. Kujabi was found out pretty early on. Claros was always overrated - especially when you consider some of our recent midfield. He did a decent job for us at the time tough.

Beefster
10-01-2019, 04:43 PM

You’re thinking of Garry O’Connor.

Doherty’s ‘dont care’ statement was a reaction to dog’s abuse on Twatter. It wasn’t his general attitude during his loan spell. But hey, if you can take prolonged abuse from a multitude of ****holes without losing your rag and digging back, you’re a better man than most of us.

SeanWilson
10-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Calm down calm down.......

This happened 6yrs ago, I don’t care anymore.

Someone keeps bringing up past signings - I’m no interested

I’m only bothered about this transfer window.Fairs doo's. However, to suggest you wouldn't take a player who'll likely go for 30+ mil in current market, playing in a top 6 prem team back at Hibs based on that game is silly.

SeanWilson
10-01-2019, 04:46 PM
He was nothing special when at hibs. Perhaps it was his attitude. It is in the past so barely worth discussing. Except to suggest that we don't confuse the player he has become with the one that turned out for us.

As for the others. Kujabi was found out pretty early on. Claros was always overrated - especially when you consider some of our recent midfield. He did a decent job for us at the time tough.Or was perhaps to do with the fact that that team was utterly horendous? He's clearly a decent player. Anyway....

Jones28
10-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Please announce someone so this pish about one of the worst transfer windows ever can stop.

RossScott1991
10-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Am I the only one who genuinely thinks we won’t sign Allan?

A lot of people may be left disappointed , just got a bad feeling we won’t come to any agreement with Celtic, if we actually approach them. Lennon may sign Gauld and settle on that for that type of creative player.

MagicSwirlingShip
10-01-2019, 04:52 PM

A lot of people may be left disappointed , just got a bad feeling we won’t come to any agreement with Celtic, if we actually approach them. Lennon may sign Gauld and settle on that for that type of creative player.

If Sunderland have an offer on the table then I reckon that’s where he will end up.

Surdjoe
10-01-2019, 04:53 PM
He's been mentioned but Scott Allan insta story is him training with Johnny Russell

alihibs1
10-01-2019, 05:00 PM
He's been mentioned but Scott Allan insta story is him training with Johnny Russell

Wonder where that is

AllyF
10-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Is it odd that he’s not with the Celtic squad in Dubai?

alihibs1
10-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Gauld, Russel, Allan and Cummings [emoji7]

Col2
10-01-2019, 05:08 PM

We could finish 2nd with that level of recruitment.

04Sauzee
10-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Friends from their UTD days?

3pm
10-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Or none of them....

flash
10-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Or none of them....

As one is already here that's hard to imagine.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-01-2019, 05:20 PM

Insert Daffy gif here...

BlackSheep
10-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Wonder where that is

Actually looks like the Oriam in Edinburgh.....

Libby Hibby
10-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Actually looks like the Oriam in Edinburgh.....

Toryglen

H18S NX
10-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Has anyone seen Gauld lately?Only time i have seen him was his d/utd days,that was 5 years ago,has he improved,stayed the same? Just asking like.

BILLYHIBS
10-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Has anyone seen Gauld lately?Only time i have seen him was his d/utd days,that was 5 years ago,has he improved,stayed the same? Just asking like.
Will find out tomorrow

alihibs1
10-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Worries me slightly that the only concrete rumour we have had so far is Gauld.

Hopefully behind the scenes we have another 1 or 2 deals very close

calumhibee1
10-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Will find out tomorrow

Well.. we might 👀

Hamish
10-01-2019, 05:42 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46828106

3 or 4 more in according to NL

BILLYHIBS
10-01-2019, 05:44 PM

beat me to it :greengrin

alihibs1
10-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Wish they’d asked him about Scott Allan

Gmack7
10-01-2019, 05:53 PM

surprised he even commented on LG, maybe just maybe😁

Real Emerald
10-01-2019, 05:55 PM

If Scott Allan was going to happen you would have thought a pre contract would already have been signed. I’m not convinced this will happen now but you have to live in hope 🤞

Lee Marvin
10-01-2019, 05:56 PM

I'm now firmly in the Allan is not coming camp. Hope I am wrong

stevie-bee
10-01-2019, 05:59 PM
I'm now firmly in the Allan is not coming camp. Hope I am wrong
Maybe Scott Allen doesn’t want to come to hibs , might want to run his contract down and move else where ,

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2019, 06:05 PM

So no he wouldn’t improve our teamWasn't teribble at all and would stroll into our current side blindfolded. Very good player.

J-C
10-01-2019, 06:10 PM
I have a feeling Allan might have came but with Sunderland being quoted it's a non goer, hopefully Gauld fills the creative gap which Lennon has already mentioned 're Gauld. Notice he spoke about Cummings and Griffiths, don't know if it was wishful thinking on his part or a wee tease.

staunchhibby
10-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Said a while ago was not buying into the hype surrounding Allan give what hahappened previously

Inconsequential
10-01-2019, 06:33 PM

A lot of people may be left disappointed , just got a bad feeling we won’t come to any agreement with Celtic, if we actually approach them. Lennon may sign Gauld and settle on that for that type of creative player. Nope you're not the only one Ross. Not sure how Scott Allan and Ryan Gauld would fit into the same team along with Mallan. But then I'm no expert. Gauld is ready to play Allan would take a while to get up to speed. It's all about a blend.

Souter96Mac
10-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Can't see Allan moving to Sunderland. He's got a young laddie so can't see him moving down away from him.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Can't see Allan moving to Sunderland. He's got a young laddie so can't see him moving down away from him.

Double, even treble his current wages might convince him though.

Michael
10-01-2019, 06:41 PM

They're in league 1.

mjhibby
10-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Nope you're not the only one Ross. Not sure how Scott Allan and Ryan Gauld would fit into the same team along with Mallan. But then I'm no expert. Gauld is ready to play Allan would take a while to get up to speed. It's all about a blend.

I think Nl would love to have that problem. The fact he never mentioned Allan in his BBC interview suggests it's very much on and the Morgan one is unlikely to happen. Any business with celtic is very likely to be awkward after the sjm transfer so could take a lot of delicate negotiations.

J-C
10-01-2019, 06:43 PM
We got Hyndman in as thr creative player, I'm now thinking Gauld has become available and is an easier option than trying to do business with Celtic and Lennon has just said he'll offer us that creativity we've missed.

Stuart93
10-01-2019, 06:45 PM
They're in league 1.

? Still easily double or treble what we can offer him

Billy Whizz
10-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Doubt it

number9dream
10-01-2019, 06:52 PM
I think Nl would love to have that problem. The fact he never mentioned Allan in his BBC interview suggests it's very much on and the Morgan one is unlikely to happen. Any business with celtic is very likely to be awkward after the sjm transfer so could take a lot of delicate negotiations.

My interpretation was the complete opposite regards Allan & Morgan. But what do I know? There’s a lot of bluff and double bluff involved at this time of year. Maybe Lennon is fed up being asked about Allan and let’s journos know in advance (especially non challenging ones like BBC Brian). Maybe he knows it won’t happen or maybe talks are at an advanced stage and he doesn’t want to let the cat out of the bag.
I also thought Jack Ross would be more likely to go for Morgan than Allan since he did so well for him at St Mirren.

Lago
10-01-2019, 06:53 PM

3 or 4 more in according to NL
Hopes to get 3 or 4, nothing concrete at all. As for Allan think that ship has sailed, hope I am wrong.

Blackfordhibby
10-01-2019, 06:54 PM
Do not know how accurate this average wage website is, or even how old?

https://www.onaverage.co.uk/money-averages/average-premier-league-salary

OtleyHibs
10-01-2019, 06:55 PM

Couldn’t blame him really but at the same time maybe he’s more eager to play regular football at a club where he will be loved and try and kickstart his career whilst being closer to his kid.

We may not pay as well as some other clubs but he wouldn’t be poor playing for the Hibs and he has earnt plenty sitting out at other places.

Far too good a player to have done what he has since he was last here and football is a short career. No better place for him to kickstart his career (again) and I’m hopeful he will think the same way 👍

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2019, 07:07 PM

If Sunderland don't go up this season it'll be another change of manager and player clear out.

Gmack7
10-01-2019, 07:10 PM
i think SA will be released near the end of the window after negotiating a pay off

ian cruise
10-01-2019, 07:12 PM
I'm just trying to catch up in this thread, are we signing Matt Doherty or not?

Michael
10-01-2019, 07:14 PM
? Still easily double or treble what we can offer him

Well okay true. But he's currently on a Celtic wage.

RedHibby
10-01-2019, 07:16 PM

I don't think we will sign him either. The reasons are that Celtic will not make it easy and he will want too much money. Given that he went to Celtic for more money and has hardly played a game it is pretty obvious that his only motivation is money as it is with all players today.

tamig
10-01-2019, 07:24 PM
You’re thinking of Garry O’Connor.

Doherty’s ‘dont care’ statement was a reaction to dog’s abuse on Twatter. It wasn’t his general attitude during his loan spell. But hey, if you can take prolonged abuse from a multitude of ****holes without losing your rag and digging back, you’re a better man than most of us.
Well said. Can’t believe some of the absolute pish spouted about Matt Doherty on here. Absolute nonsense. I remember Doherty’s celebrations when he scored the opener against Dunfermline in what was a relegation clash. Looked like he cared to me. A fine right back in his time with us - and he was only 20.

porthibbie
10-01-2019, 07:25 PM
If Sunderland don't go up this season it'll be another change of manager and player clear out.

Sunderland Finances are not particularly great .

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-s-financial-challenges-explained-after-stewart-donald-opens-up-on-potential-january-issues-1-9342667

flash
10-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Well said. Can’t believe some of the absolute pish spouted about Matt Doherty on here. Absolute nonsense. I remember Doherty’s celebrations when he scored the opener against Dunfermline in what was a relegation clash. Looked like he cared to me. A fine right back in his time with us - and he was only 20.

He was easily the best of the loan deals we brought in around that time. He was outstanding that night if memory serves.

SeanWilson
10-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Sunderland Finances are not particularly great .

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-s-financial-challenges-explained-after-stewart-donald-opens-up-on-potential-january-issues-1-9342667Neither are sevco's.....

Centre Hawf
10-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Can’t see us signing Allan this window at all. Reckon we’ll take Gauld as his type and revisit it when he’s a free agent in the summer. Celtic won’t deal with us i reckon either which is why Hyndman and Gauld are being targeted imo.

The main worry is here we are again nearly 2 weeks into the Window and all we’ve had is exits and injuries. We were far too slow in the summer and for whatever reason its looking similar. Plenty of time to go but I had hoped for 1 or 2 by now at least.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 07:57 PM
They're in league 1.

Dylan McGeouch

LustForLeith
10-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Does Ryan Gauld actually exist? I’m beginning to think he’s like Keyser Soze In The Usual Suspects

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2019, 08:13 PM
I don't believe for a second Celtic wouldn't deal with us. Footballs a buisness. If we made an acceptable bid for Allan they'd accept just like we accepted their acceptable bid for McGinn. It won't be long before they want another Hibs player (possibly Porteous) and it'll be the same again. I'd be staggered if Celtic were in the huff with us.

The Spaceman
10-01-2019, 08:16 PM
I don't believe for a second Celtic wouldn't deal with us. Footballs a buisness. If we made an acceptable bid for Allan they'd accept just like we accepted their acceptable bid for McGinn. It won't be long before they want another Hibs player (possibly Porteous) and it'll be the same again. I'd be staggered if Celtic were in the huff with us.

McGinn could have been their captain and lynchpin for the next decade though. They know they have massively ****ed up and are finger pointing at us for not bending over!

CraigHibee
10-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Does Ryan Gauld actually exist? I’m beginning to think he’s like Keyser Soze In The Usual Suspects

Lennon seems to think so, i think the issue is folk expected him be announced when they arrived or the day after in Dubai

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-ryan-gauld-signing-just-a-matter-of-time-1-4854787

jax67
10-01-2019, 08:19 PM

I think your spot on. Celtic will do business with any Scottish side,
especially a side that has the knack of taking points from their rivals.

CraigHibee
10-01-2019, 08:19 PM

6 months contract left don't think it would take a big offer to get a player that hasn't had first team game in how long?

Michael
10-01-2019, 08:21 PM
6 months contract left don't think it would take a big offer to get a player that hasn't had first team game in how long?

His wages are probably more of the issue.

nonshinyfinish
10-01-2019, 09:46 PM
#AnnounceAnyone

BlackSheep
10-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Dylan McGeouch

IIRC Dylan’s wages are not that great this year, but he does have some sort of promotion clause that would see him get a pay rise, so I guess if the Allan rumours are true and they are after him, they could offer a similar deal?

Then it’s whether Allan is willing to take the risk of signing and not getting promoted and therefore a wage increase.

hibsbollah
10-01-2019, 09:51 PM
#AnnounceAnyone

Ian Black available from Tranent. Still only 33. Could easily elbow his way into our midfield.

Time For Heroes
10-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Ian Black available from Tranent. Still only 33. Could easily elbow his way into our midfield.

Could do a job.... painting

ForeverHibees
10-01-2019, 10:00 PM
It’s coming along nicely..

Heisenberg
10-01-2019, 10:03 PM
See Greg Stewart has been recalled by Birmingham. Killie lost their best player.

leithsansiro
10-01-2019, 10:28 PM
I think that the whole Scott Allan transfer saga reminds me of that pretty girl at a nightclub who spends her whole time kinda flirting with you and suggesting it might be on, only to go home at the end of the evening with some other ugly looking chump.

Just a thought

#ihatethetransferwindow

Keyser Sauzee
10-01-2019, 10:34 PM
See Greg Stewart has been recalled by Birmingham. Killie lost their best player.

If that’s true, along with probably seeing jones leave this window aswell after his PCA and subsequent tweet, Killie will fall down the league rapidly

BILLYHIBS
10-01-2019, 10:34 PM
I think that the whole Scott Allan transfer saga reminds me of that pretty girl at a nightclub who spends her whole time kinda flirting with you and suggesting it might be on, only to go home at the end of the evening with some other ugly looking chump.

Just a thought

#ihatethetransferwindow

Happened to me all the time but even though I was better looking :greengrin the reality was
the ugly guy always had a better job and more money than me and had a better car than Shankseys Pony

:cb

Baader
10-01-2019, 10:50 PM

Maybe a loan for Paint it Black. The Famous Five upper could probably do with a lick...

Souter96Mac
10-01-2019, 10:57 PM

Good news for us. Could do with Steve Clarke leaving too 😂

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Allan would flog his granny down a mine for an extra grand a week. Showed many times throughout his career that actually playing doesn't interest him much. Now is his chance to change that by coming here.

Souter96Mac
10-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Supposedly Mulumbu leaving Celtic

hibsbollah
10-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Maybe a loan for Paint it Black. The Famous Five upper could probably do with a lick...

:grr: this is a family board

Diclonius
10-01-2019, 11:52 PM

Get him in.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Get him in.

Would rather have Allan!

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2019, 12:56 AM
Would rather have Allan!Don't see Allan happening TBH all the talk is on here with nothing from Lennon about him at all. Don't see it happening now but really hope I'm wrong.

Allant1981
11-01-2019, 05:33 AM
Allan would flog his granny down a mine for an extra grand a week. Showed many times throughout his career that actually playing doesn't interest him much. Now is his chance to change that by coming here.

Apart from all the times he has went on loan so he can play

Winston Ingram
11-01-2019, 05:45 AM

What’s an acceptable bid?

The value of the remainder of Scott Allan’s contract is estimated at £8000 p.w.. which equates to £416,000 p.a. so are you saying that we should’ve stumped up a bid + that?

Salisbury Hibby
11-01-2019, 06:19 AM

The value of the remainder of Scott Allan’s contract is estimated at £8000 p.w.. which equates to £416,000 p.a. so are you saying that we should’ve stumped up a bid + that?No. That's how much money Celtic would save on their wage bill. I'm glad you're not in charge of Hibs' transfer negotiations.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

jacomo
11-01-2019, 06:28 AM
I don't think we will sign him either. The reasons are that Celtic will not make it easy and he will want too much money. Given that he went to Celtic for more money and has hardly played a game it is pretty obvious that his only motivation is money as it is with all players today.

If SA signed a pre contract agreement it would help our negotiating position no end.

Heisenberg
11-01-2019, 06:31 AM
If SA signed a pre contract agreement it would help our negotiating position no end.

Exactly. He’s holding out for the best offer and who can blame him.

neil7908
11-01-2019, 06:32 AM

The value of the remainder of Scott Allan’s contract is estimated at £8000 p.w.. which equates to £416,000 p.a. so are you saying that we should’ve stumped up a bid + that?

Offering that might make sense if you Celtic wanted to keep Allan and he was playing for them.

Right now that's what he's draining from Celtic with no benefit to them. We'd be saving them that money if he left now rather than the summer.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2019, 07:02 AM

Back to Killie?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2019, 07:03 AM

Leeds after Brophy too.

brog
11-01-2019, 07:14 AM

Some people, who actually negotiate football contracts, think it may be the opposite in this case.

Stuart93
11-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Exactly. He’s holding out for the best offer and who can blame him.

Probably can’t blame him but he’ll be taking a risk career-wise going down south again where it already hasn’t worked out for him twice

BILLYHIBS
11-01-2019, 07:18 AM
The preferred option would be to bring Scott Allan in now but with each passing day is looking more and more unlikely

:confused:

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Shouldn't have just watched 'Sunderland 'til I Die' while we're in this transfer window. Martin Bain, the attitude of players and the difficulty of ifs, buts and maybes in signing targets seems to make it a pretty grim lottery.

Heisenberg
11-01-2019, 07:25 AM
Gauld to play today if we get international clearance in time. Hold up was the cancellation of the loan deal between Sporting and Farense.

Since90+2
11-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Probably can’t blame him but he’ll be taking a risk career-wise going down south again where it already hasn’t worked out for him twice

I think it's pretty clear that money is the main motivating factor for Scott Allan and not career development. Not saying that's a bad thing by the way , alot of folk would probably be the same.

J-C
11-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Apart from all the times he has went on loan so he can play

You realise Allan still gets full pay when out on loan, yes he's playing but not to the detriment to his pocket.

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Waiting for Gauldot.

JohnM1875
11-01-2019, 07:31 AM
You realise Allan still gets full pay when out on loan, yes he's playing but not to the detriment to his pocket.

Of course he does. But if it was only about the money then why even bother going out on loan to play?

He'd already got the move for more money. Why not just sit on the bench and enjoy it? Think all this 'Allan only cares about the money' stuff is wrong.

Allant1981
11-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Hence my response to the poster

calumhibee1
11-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Of course he does. But if it was only about the money then why even bother going out on loan to play?

He'd already got the move for more money. Why not just sit on the bench and enjoy it? Think all this 'Allan only cares about the money' stuff is wrong.

It would probably be more accurate to say he cares more about the money than playing. Quite rightly too btw, that’s not a criticism of him.

J-C
11-01-2019, 07:38 AM

If all he wanted to do was play football, then last summer he could've easily negotiated a deal to leave Celtic and join us at a lesser wage, again this could still be done now, he's obviously unwanted there and I'm sure Celtic would be happy to get him off their wage bill but so far we've heard nothing but gossip and hearsay and nothing about Allan actually wanting out of Celtic, if he was so desperate to just play, why is he not banging doing their doors asking to be released.

Souter96Mac
11-01-2019, 07:42 AM
I was bored last night and had a look on YouTube for this team we're playing today. It seems they've got a Brazilian lad Fabio Lima who looks a decent player. No rumour whatsoever but will be interesting to see how he does up against us today.

CapitalGreen
11-01-2019, 07:49 AM

Please list these times.

CapitalGreen
11-01-2019, 07:55 AM
If all he wanted to do was play football, then last summer he could've easily negotiated a deal to leave Celtic and join us at a lesser wage, again this could still be done now, he's obviously unwanted there and I'm sure Celtic would be happy to get him off their wage bill but so far we've heard nothing but gossip and hearsay and nothing about Allan actually wanting out of Celtic, if he was so desperate to just play, why is he not banging doing their doors asking to be released.

You have no idea if he’s had discussions with Celtic asking to be released or not. Celtic have no obligation to release players.

Cat Stanton
11-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Waiting for Gauldot.

Very good!

Greencore
11-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Shouldn't have just watched 'Sunderland 'til I Die' while we're in this transfer window. Martin Bain, the attitude of players and the difficulty of ifs, buts and maybes in signing targets seems to make it a pretty grim lottery.

does that mean we have struck Gauld then?:cb

Zazu62
11-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Recruitment is difficult, ok players like Gauld and Allan will more than likely do well at Hibs but the rest of the market that Hibs shop in isn’t the best especially in January

oneone73
11-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Waiting for Gauldot.

Ah, but remember, Gauldot never comes.

WhileTheChief..
11-01-2019, 08:14 AM
The Herald are reporting that Allan amd Mulumbu’s contracts are to be terminated this month.

Also looking to loan out several players with Hibs favourites to land Morgan.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Please list these times.

Every permanent move he's made except to Hibs.

BlackSheep
11-01-2019, 08:30 AM
The Herald are reporting that Allan amd Mulumbu’s contracts are to be terminated this month.

Don’t see anything about Mulumbu’s contract being terminated, only that he needs regular game time and is free to go on loan.

If your info is true then we need to be in for both him and Allan.

What a midfield if all these rumours come off

Gauld, Mallan, Mulumbu, Allan, Morgan...!

Souter96Mac

We'd get slagged even more than we do now for being 'mini celtic', but would honestly love if we got 2/3 of those players mentioned.
Reckon Mulumbu will be away abroad though.

Diclonius

Let's ****in goooooooooooooooo

Heisenberg
11-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Can see Mulumbu going back to Killie.

Diclonius
11-01-2019, 08:37 AM
So, Allan being released and Morgan definitely going out on loan. Up to us to offer the best package for each, though we can't really do anything if an English club comes in.

BlackSheep
11-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Karanka leaves Nottingham Forest.... what could this mean for Cummings...?

CapitalGreen
11-01-2019, 08:39 AM

What evidence is there that those moves were purely money oriented as opposed to the opportunity to play at a higher level?

yerauldda
11-01-2019, 08:40 AM
So, Allan being released and Morgan definitely going out on loan. Up to us to offer the best package for each, though we can't really do anything if an English club comes in.

Has this been reported somewhere?

number9dream
11-01-2019, 08:41 AM

Maybe with a view to selling him before his contract expires? We have a few bob in the bank, surely...

B.H.F.C
11-01-2019, 08:43 AM

He’s made two permanent moves to bigger clubs, with the potential to play at a higher level than the club he was leaving. Money would have came with those moves but Allan could quite easily have moved for footballing reasons as well, ie the opportunity to play at a higher level. It’s just that he’s fallen short with both Celtic and WBA when he has made those moves.

Elephant Stone
11-01-2019, 08:46 AM

All three would be nice :agree:

Hibbyradge
11-01-2019, 09:17 AM

Exactly.

Same with John McGinn and Leigh Griffiths.

And Dylan McGeoch.

And Efe.

Money grabbing, granny selling bas***ds.

Steven79
11-01-2019, 09:20 AM

What would you do for an extra 4 grand a week?

Pretty Boy
11-01-2019, 09:37 AM
There has been a long standing frustration from some posters on here that almost any black player we sign is lazily compared to another black player regardless of similarity in playing style.

Perhaps read in that context the posts above will make far more sense. I see them as a comment, or criticism, on the casual or unintentional 'racism' of others rather than carrying any racist intent themselves.

In saying that it's probably time to move on from the joke now as it's evidently upset a few people, not everyone will have seen the previous discussion on this so it may well have been taken out of context and come across poorly.

Smartie
11-01-2019, 09:39 AM
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding, an honest and genuine one that is very easy to make.

There is a bit of an in-joke going on following on from a thread a while ago.

It would be very easy to see a lot of this and assume that that there is racism going on but the truth is actually the opposite - it is an attempt to mock and ridicule racism and racists.

I have a very low tolerance of racism indeed (none actually) and I would never seek to excuse anything of a racist nature but I don't believe there is anyone honestly being racist here, although I accept that it might not look the case.

TBH it might look pretty bad.......

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2019, 09:39 AM
We really need to make a signing for the sake of this thread :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
11-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Are we now saying that comparing a black player to another black player is racist?

Really??

I’m hoping this a whoosh moment on my part.

Greencore
11-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Hi Thread, any transfer news?

Pretty Boy
11-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Are we now saying that comparing a black player to another black player is racist?

Really??

I wouldn't say that's what is being said.

There was a comparison made a while back, the 2 players escape me, that was ridiculous though and there seemed little logic behind it beyond them both being black. I do think there is a lazy stereotyping of black players that exists.

Juniper Greens
11-01-2019, 09:43 AM

Really??

No, we are not saying this. As far as I'm aware Mulumbu and agyepong have very little in common, then Kevin Harper was also thrown into the mix. I don't see comparisons between those players on a footballing level really.

J-C
Ok Ok a bit of a misunderstanding, if you all want to carry on this discussion please take it over to the Holy Ground and try and leave this for signing and rumours ta very much.

Captain Trips

Really??

Only if said Black player plays in a different position from whom you compare I believe. So what if I compare Scott Allan to Darren Mcgregor?

makaveli1875
11-01-2019, 09:44 AM
This place is bat **** crazy sometimes :confused:

malcolm
There appear a lot of unsavoury looking comments appearing on this re Mulumbu this morning. Light hearted or not, they have no place in modern society and I encourage admins to act please. If it's what it looks like I'm actually disgusted.

If you adopt a colour by numbers pro forma approach to the identification of racist intent and racist minds then you would perhaps be right. A problem with such an approach is that it also encompasses that which is not. I don’t know if there is any more than a sense of humour (that might also have applied to ginger/bearded/balding characteristics) and neither do you so your ‘disgust’ is a product of your own imagination.

As a society we can’t move forward till skin pigment can take its place alongside other trivial physical characteristics and be subject to innocent jocularity without discomfort and without mock outrage :wink:

I think we failed to adequately replace our best ever ginger forward:greengrin

Pretty Boy
No, we are not saying this. As far as I'm aware Mulumbu and agyepong have very little in common, then Kevin Harper was also thrown into the mix. I don't see comparisons between those players on a footballing level really.

So you're making exactly the same point as the people you are complaining about then?

Their posts were sarcastically comparing the players for exactly the reasons you mention based on previous conversations that have taken place.

Captain Trips
I agree we need a signing to get this back on track.

leithsansiro
11-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Hmmm, I’m not sure some of those posts are satire to be fair. There are suspiciously dodgy undercurrents and the same jokes wouldn’t be getting made, satirically or not, about players who are white. It sounds a bit like a excuse for a bit of casual lazy racism.

calumhibee1
11-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Really??

It’s not if you’re comparing them on footballing ability and they are similar players.

The issue that people are taking the piss out of though is that some black players have been compared to other black players who are totally different players. Think Mark Milligan being compared to Scott Allan or something along those lines and that’s the kind of comparisons we’ve saw made with black players.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Hmmm, I’m not sure some of those posts are satire to be fair. There are suspiciously dodgy undercurrents and the same jokes wouldn’t be getting made, satirically or not, about players who are white. It sounds a bit like a excuse for a bit of casual lazy racism.

Looking at the posters involved in the 'joke' and recalling some of their views on racism on other threads over the years on here I'd be absolutely stunned if that was the case.

J-C
11-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Only if said Black player plays in a different position from whom you compare I believe. So what if I compare Scott Allan to Darren Mcgregor?

That is what the poster was saying, there was a thread where one poster tried to say one certain black player was the same as another even though they played in a different position, he was shot down for doing so. MWC was doing the same with all his usual style and it wasn't picked up that he was having a wee dig because certain posters haven't seen the original thread.

Brightside
11-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Admins - there have been about 40 warning about closing this thread. CAN WE PLEASE JUST CLOSE IT. Lets get an actual transfer thread up and running.

SRHibs
11-01-2019, 09:49 AM
The commentator for Hibs TV never got this memo. Every time Ambrose went past the 18 yard line he was off on a “Bamba-esque” run.

BroxburnHibee
Ok everyone, we've decided to delete the posts that appeared there.

Feel free to discuss the point in another thread if you like but leave this one for its intended purpose.

Thanks

One Day Soon
I don't think I have ever criticised admins on .net but i am now. The deletions on this thread are just ridiculous.

Oscar T Grouch
11-01-2019, 09:50 AM
I remember when I used to come onto .net for news on Hibs and stuff like that, remember that? It was good back then eh? :greengrin

Iain G
11-01-2019, 09:52 AM
I remember when I used to come onto .net for news on Hibs and stuff like that, remember that? It was good back then eh? :greengrin

Back in the days of dial up 😉

BroxburnHibee
11-01-2019, 09:53 AM
I don't think I have ever criticised admins on .net but i am now. The deletions on this thread are just ridiculous.

Really? Do you think they are anything they are anything to do with a transfer thread?

I get that some posters got the in-joke but clearly there was plenty others that didn't and plenty more that could have interpreted the posts in a different manner.

Feel free to discuss it in the appropriate place.

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 09:53 AM
I tried to make a small joke earlier about Waiting for Gauldot. What has transpired since suggests to me that this thread is in fact a modern Hibernian reworking of exactly that script. I sense a Fringe show.

In other news does anyone have any - absolutely any - gossip, rumours or tittle tattle about possible signings? I'd settle for even just that right now.

Speedway
11-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Admins - there have been about 40 warning about closing this thread. CAN WE PLEASE JUST CLOSE IT. Lets get an actual transfer thread up and running.

What makes you think that the new one would stay on track?

JimboHibs

Seriously though you have made a cracking point.This place was brilliant used to be my go to forum 1st before any other,its despearte now,the Holy Ground is still decent but the football side of the forum is torture.

My_Wife_Camille
Can we get this thread back on track please? Any transfer news?

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2019, 09:55 AM

They seemed to be clutching at straws on deadline day. No plan, no idea, no clue. Was actually cringing watching it. I'm not surprised they were relegated.

Elephant Stone
11-01-2019, 09:55 AM

No jokes allowed. Unless it's about signing Griffiths for 150k or Hearts selling chips

J-C
11-01-2019, 09:56 AM
I tried to make a small joke earlier about Waiting for Gauldot. What has transpired since suggests to me that this thread is in fact a modern Hibernian reworking of exactly that script. I sense a Fringe show.

In other news does anyone have any - absolutely any - gossip, rumours or tittle tattle about possible signings? I'd settle for even just that right now.

Gauld - paperwork, Allan - who the hell really knows, maybe aye maybe no, Morgan - again guesswork but would be a good signing that Lennon wants, Cummings - seemingly last seen in Edinburgh, getting a new manager may change things. Other than that nothing new.

Captain Trips
11-01-2019, 09:57 AM

On this occasion I have to disagree when people start chucking about that posts are racist wether they are or not it does leave Admin in a position that caution probably has to be taken. IMO the most ridiculous threads are the one accusing people of "lazy racism" etc.

Steven79
11-01-2019, 09:57 AM
They seemed to be clutching at straws on deadline day. No plan, no idea, no clue. Was actually cringing watching it. I'm not surprised they were relegated.

Sounds like the Tory EU negotiating team.

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Really? Do you think they are anything they are anything to do with a transfer thread?

I get that some posters got the in-joke but clearly there was plenty others that didn't and plenty more that could have interpreted the posts in a different manner.

Feel free to discuss it in the appropriate place.

Yes thread relevance is clearly a fair point. However given the serious nature of what was being discussed - and frankly the total lack of anything actually transfer related to discuss - it would IMO have been more sensible to let that discussion play out. Apart from anything else it will almost certainly happen again now in a future thread since the misinterpretation/ correct interpretation was not debated to its conclusion.

However you're the boss(es) and the referee's word is final.

Callum_62
11-01-2019, 09:59 AM
So any news coming out if Dubai as to Gauld taking part in todays game?

Should find out soon anyway

makaveli1875
11-01-2019, 10:00 AM
So Lewis Morgan and Cummings are the latest rumours ...

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 10:00 AM

Literally that, it was staggering. No wonder Bain has been pilloried for it since. I felt every bit of the pain for the Sunderland fans. David Aaronovitch tweeted recently having watched it that it made him realise that all of us with hopes and emotions invested in our teams probably need our heads examined. He's not far wrong.

Captain Trips
11-01-2019, 10:02 AM
If Mulumbu is getting released what is his actual position obviously at Killie as he has not been a feature at Celtic.

Vault Boy
11-01-2019, 10:04 AM
If Mulumbu is getting released what is his actual position obviously at Killie as he has not been a feature at Celtic.

Central midfield, was more of a sitting player in England IIRC but showed some brilliant technical ability at Killie, so very much an engine room all rounder.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2019, 10:04 AM
What we really need is the guy from Facebook who used to hide in the bushes at East Mains.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2019, 10:05 AM
A final word on this.

The posts were deleted because it was one of those arguments in which no one is going to shift their position so it becomes a tiresome cycle of the same points over and over again. I don't think the accusation of racism had any basis and I absolutely got the joke but for someone looking in without context it could have read differently.

There was a situation 2 or 3 years ago that saw an EEN columnist perform an absolute hatchet job on the Bounce because he dug up a thread on there from years before in which a few people were making satirical comments about supporting Combat 18 and similar. They received an apology but it was a pretty grim experience for them and I think we'd all rather similar didn't happen here.

Callum_62
11-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Can he actually play for a 3rd team in 1 season?

makaveli1875
11-01-2019, 10:06 AM

He played centre midfield for Killie . A ball winner that can drive forward with the ball and sure he scored a couple of decent goals

BlackSheep
11-01-2019, 10:07 AM
He played centre midfield for Killie . A ball winner that can drive forward with the ball and sure he scored a couple of decent goals

A John McGinn type...

Vault Boy
Can he actually play for a 3rd team in 1 season?

I thought he signed for Celtic in the summer, what other team?

SirDavidsNapper
Literally that, it was staggering. No wonder Bain has been pilloried for it since. I felt every bit of the pain for the Sunderland fans. David Aaronovitch tweeted recently having watched it that it made him realise that all of us with hopes and emotions invested in our teams probably need our heads examined. He's not far wrong.

Yeah it was painful to watch. Can only imagine how the Sunderland fans felt watching it. I bet it was similar to us pre Dempster.

Captain Trips
11-01-2019, 10:11 AM
What we really need is the guy from Facebook who used to hide in the bushes at East Mains.

He is taking up position in Dubai:

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03113/Selfie_dubai_2_3113748c.jpg

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2019, 10:12 AM

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03113/Selfie_dubai_2_3113748c.jpg

:faf:

Hibbyradge
11-01-2019, 10:12 AM

:hilarious

:thumbsup:

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 10:13 AM

Celtic won't even talk to us about him
We can't afford his wages now that Championship clubs are interested
His legs are gone
I bet we wait until the final day and then sign a poor alternative on loan
Lennon just doesn't have an eye for quality guys who hide in bushes (apart from that one window)
We've already got loads of guys who can play the hiding in bushes position
Scott Allan's not interested in hiding in bushes anymore, he just wants the money.

*Delete as applicable according to taste

Callum_62
11-01-2019, 10:14 AM
I thought he signed for Celtic in the summer, what other team?

Whoops you are correct

Captain Trips
11-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Celtic won't even talk to us about him
We can't afford his wages now that Championship clubs are interested
His legs are gone
I bet we wait until the final day and then sign a poor alternative on loan
Lennon just doesn't have an eye for quality guys who hide in bushes (apart from that one window)
We've already got loads of guys who can play the hiding in bushes position
Scott Allan's not interested in hiding in bushes anymore, he just wants the money.

*Delete as applicable according to taste

Maybe we should look at Pedro Caixinha he is not bad in bushes.

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Yeah it was painful to watch. Can only imagine how the Sunderland fans felt watching it. I bet it was similar to us pre Dempster.

I doubt it. Sunderland looked like indecisive tools. You can level many accusations at Petrie but I don't think indecisive or disorganised would be fair.

Who was they guy they had on their books at 70-odd thousand a week and who wouldn't play? Have they got rid of him yet?

Hibeewilly
11-01-2019, 10:16 AM
So Lewis Morgan and Cummings are the latest rumours ...

Cummings has been offered to Hibs by his agent but Lennon isnt interested. That could change of course if we don't get our targets and are still scrambling for a striker at the end of the window. That is definitely the position just now though.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2019, 10:17 AM
So page 125 of the Thread , Day 11 of Transfer Window and No Signings yet Plenty Rumours and names being banded about though
Gauld is all but completed and may even be announced today and 20 days left to do Business
Interesting Lennon hasn’t mentioned Scott Allan If he is now having to look at Lewis Morgan as Boyles replacement we know there will be other Clubs interested in him If Aberdeen are loosing G M S as has been suggested else where it’s a cert they would want Morgan
So don’t see Morgan s situation being sorted out early unless he now fancies teaming up with R G and will know he is guaranteed game time with us Could be enough to persuade him Although would of been better if we had Ben in the top six at the Break
I have no doubt the Club are working hard behind the scenes and have no doubt we will sign a number of players
But losing Effie and Boyle have made a difficult task even more so for Lennon and his back room staff
We need to aim for players of the Quality of Morgan but the Club will be realistic to know we may not get our first picks in and the balance is when to move for other players if there is still a chance of getting first choices in
The Elon game takes care of itself but two tricky away ties in League that we really could do with winning await after that
A few key players in before those would be great
But equally a fit scoring David Gray would be a bonus and Porteous back fit with his scoring threat as well
The Man City Winger hasn’t been relaeased so wonder if he is nearing fitness
Was never for first team but did we eventually sign Tommy Block

Moan The Hibees Lets get back into the Too Six and take it from there

danhibees1875
11-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Cummings, Griffiths, and Morgan is the headline EEN are running with at the moment.

I think they'd all be good additions, although I'm not sure I can see us getting any of them for various reasons. :dunno:

One Day Soon
11-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Cummings has been offered to Hibs by his agent but Lennon isnt interested. That could change of course if we don't get our targets and are still scrambling for a striker at the end of the window. That is definitely the position just now though.

Interesting, though I really don't think Cummings is the type of player we need right now. Having said that if he ended up at Hearts you just know he'd score against us in derby after derby after derby.

Heisenberg
11-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Looks like paperwork delays are going to mean Gauld misses the game today.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Cummings, Griffiths, and Morgan is the headline EEN are running with at the moment.

I think they'd all be good additions, although I'm not sure I can see us getting any of them for various reasons. :dunno:

Where's Daffy?

I don't see why 2/3 isn't out of the question...