hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Scran

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good chicken wings are very easy to do.

Dab them dry with a paper towel.

Dry rub of salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion and garlic powder.

Give them a light spray of cooking spray

Put into an oven at 160C for twenty minutes (line your baking sheet)

Turn

Same again for twenty minutes

In the meantime, put in half a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce and a of tablespoon of salted butter in a pan and gently heat until made into a buffalo wings sauce

Take the wings out (give them three or four minutes at the highest temp if you want some gnarly charred bits)

Toss them in the sauce

Done.

Thanks for sharing this - made on Friday night, we loved it!! think I went slightly over on the spice, not sure if too much Franks sauce, but still managed to devour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    Thanks for sharing this - made on Friday night, we loved it!! think I went slightly over on the spice, not sure if too much Franks sauce, but still managed to devour.
    You can always tweak that to suit, but I do like a fair bit of heat in my wings. Glad you enjoyed it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Jambalaya is a favourite in my household. Simple one pot dish and very tasty.

This recipe but use a spicy Chorizo ring, add extra cayenne pepper and chilli's.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...-jambalaya/amp

Was doing some leftover cooking tonight - our Burns night supper was belated as my partner had a physio appointment and I was playing fives, but I had leftover haggis, four rashers of bacon, two slightly stale bagels and half a bag of spinach on the verge of going out.

Made what I'm calling Burns Benedict - toasted bagels topped with spinach, haggis, a rasher of bacon, a poached egg, home made hollandaise and topped with the crispy bits of haggis that were in the pan as a little crumb. Served with roasted asparagus which was also on the cusp of going out.

Absolutely brilliant. If it was in a restaurant or high end hotel on their brunch menu I'd be diving into it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Was doing some leftover cooking tonight - our Burns night supper was belated as my partner had a physio appointment and I was playing fives, but I had leftover haggis, four rashers of bacon, two slightly stale bagels and half a bag of spinach on the verge of going out.

Made what I'm calling Burns Benedict - toasted bagels topped with spinach, haggis, a rasher of bacon, a poached egg, home made hollandaise and topped with the crispy bits of haggis that were in the pan as a little crumb. Served with roasted asparagus which was also on the cusp of going out.

Absolutely brilliant. If it was in a restaurant or high end hotel on their brunch menu I'd be diving into it.
    I’m going to make that sometime soon. Sounds barry.

Made a brilliant aubergine curry. The sort of thing you need to serve with flatbread to dip it in as it doesn't make a huge amount, but if you make a decent grilled flatbread and put some veg up too, this'll be good for two.

Get the two biggest aubergines you can from the shop and cut them lengthways. Line a baking tray with foil, add a little oil and put the aubergines cut side down. Grill under a hot grill for 15 minutes or until the skin is charred, blistered and the flesh is soft and scoopable.

In the meantime in a frying pan put in about a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of oil. Add in a chopped onion and fry til transluscent and then add two or three chopped cloves of garlic, a tablespoon and a half of curry powder and two tablespoons of tomato paste. Fry for a couple of minutes til fragrant. Put to one side.

Scoop in the flesh of the aubergines and some freshly chopped parsley, mix really well and serve to scoop up with some nice grilled flatbread and some natural yoghurt.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 31-01-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    Jambalaya is a favourite in my household. Simple one pot dish and very tasty.

This recipe but use a spicy Chorizo ring, add extra cayenne pepper and chilli's.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...-jambalaya/amp
    Made this tonight, was a major hit with the family. Thanks for sharing

Something a bit more cooncil, salt n chilli chicken nuggets (personally prefer turkey dinosaurs if anyone is wondering but I'm just a big bairn) and potato waffles. Cook waffles and nuggets as usual, fry off some peppers, onions and carrots (pre boiled) in soy sauce and garlic oil, throw in waffles and nuggets once cooked and add some of that Chinese 7 spice you get in the supermarket and some herbs, garlic granules, wee bit more soy sauce, whatevers in the cupboard really. Absolutely magic and takes 20 mins tops if you've an air fryer

@hibs.net private member
    I bought a sous vide recently for making steak.

Literally the best steak I’ve ever eaten at home. Cook it perfect every time and it’s perfectly medium rare all the way through rather than medium rare in the very centre working it’s way out to medium well closer to the outside.

Pay the money for decent steak though and go to a butcher.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I make Macaroni cheese without Macaroni!
    I use Penne or Rigatoni. The cheese sauce I make gets stuck in the pasta tubes, for me makes it more tastier

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Had a couple of recipes from Simply Cook as a free gift when I ordered something online and I’m really impressed.

It’s a bit like Hello Fresh or Gusto, but they only send you the wee bits that you wouldn’t have in the cupboard. Last night we had steaks with a really nice Japanese style rub and rice with charred asparagus.

Couple of weeks ago we had masala spiced lamb chops.

Both really really good, if you get offered a free sample box give it a go.

Think the subscription is a tenner a box - four meals worth- and you can specify how often you want it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I had a lasagne pie and a chilli con carne pie from Stories in Leith Walk today.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Made a Chicago style deep dish pizza on Sunday for the Super Bowl.

Made the dough. Layered with slices of mozzarella. On top of that went some sausage crumbled with fennel, bacon, pepperoni and red onions. Homemade tomato sauce on top of that with some grated Parmesan.

Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Made the dough. Layered with slices of mozzarella. On top of that went some sausage crumbled with fennel, bacon, pepperoni and red onions. Homemade tomato sauce on top of that with some grated Parmesan.

Delicious!
    That sounds incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I had a lasagne pie and a chilli con carne pie from Stories in Leith Walk today.
    And?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    And?
    Delicious mate.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Delicious mate.
    Good for you
    Maybe try the lasagne one next time I’m down that way

Just made up lemon posset for tomorrow nights pudding. Will be having it with fresh raspberries and shortbread.

@hibs.net private member

Delicious!
    Did you cook the sausage beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Did you cook the sausage beforehand?
    Yep. Took the meat out the sausage skin, fried it with some fennel seed and then broke it up.

@hibs.net private member
    Yep. Took the meat out the sausage skin, fried it with some fennel seed and then broke it up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Sausage meat is so under-rated as a component IMO.

I love a tomato past made with de-skinned sausages, especially something like a more fiery one.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Sausage meat is so under-rated as a component IMO.

I love a tomato past made with de-skinned sausages, especially something like a more fiery one.
    Fry up some de skinned sausages, crumbling and breaking up as you go with cumin, chilli, garlic, a little tomato paste and finely diced onion.

Put in a soft taco with some guacamole or smashed avocado, your spiced sausage mix, fresh coriander and scrambled egg for an absolutely belting breakfast taco.

Fry up some de skinned sausages, crumbling and breaking up as you go with cumin, chilli, garlic, a little tomato paste and finely diced onion.

Put in a soft taco with some guacamole or smashed avocado, your spiced sausage mix, fresh coriander and scrambled egg for an absolutely belting breakfast taco.
    Must give that a try at the weekend

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Chicken wings in the air fryer was quite tasty

Cany mind if I took it from here, but made these potato wedges last night and they were the business

https://platedcravings.com/air-fryer...container-8307

Haven't used the air fryer in over a year but followed them up with a baked potato tonight and it was made to perfection. On the hunt for more air fryer recipes now

Must give that a try at the weekend
    A little splash of hot sauce on the top - banging. If you can get the small tortillas then they're all the better, give them a quick blast in a dry frying pan to get some heat into them too.

A little splash of hot sauce on the top - banging. If you can get the small tortillas then they're all the better, give them a quick blast in a dry frying pan to get some heat into them too.
    I've got a pack of soft corn tacos in the cupboard. Think it'll need to be next weekend given weekend plans though.

Delicious!
    I've got some pizza dough in my breadmaker with a timer set to have it ready for when I get home. Trying this tonight.

I've got some pizza dough in my breadmaker with a timer set to have it ready for when I get home. Trying this tonight.
    Enjoy.

Probably too late now but normally when I make it, I use normal plain flour. However, that last time I had some strong bread flour that was about to go out of date, so I used that and the crust was so much better. Will definitely use the strong flour from now on.

We're doing your breakfast tacos this weekend. Will report back.