hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of your group of 8 know season ticket holders that might have a spare?

You really think most ST holders will buy 2 when they only need 1?

Pretty much everyone that wants a ticket will get one, you're moaning about something that hasn't happened yet!
    Afraid you have got that all wrong. I reckon they will all be gone by the end of the weekend. Unfortunately they dont know season ticket holders, they just go along now and again, and went on Sunday. I wish I had your optimism that they will get tickets, but I seriously doubt it. I hope you are right and I am wrong, as if you are, we may get another coupld of future regulars to the Hibby fold, if not, I supect they will be heartbroken, and wont want to go again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This is a balls up IMO. Leaves it open for a lot of 'Final day trippers' to attend instead of fans who regularly attend but don't know anyone with a season ticket.

Very strange decision of which I see no upside to?!

Quote Originally Posted by mussbull View Post
    Afraid you have got that all wrong. I reckon they will all be gone by the end of the weekend. Unfortunately they dont know season ticket holders, they just go along now and again, and went on Sunday. I wish I had your optimism that they will get tickets, but I seriously doubt it. I hope you are right and I am wrong, as if you are, we may get another coupld of future regulars to the Hibby fold, if not, I supect they will be heartbroken, and wont want to go again.
    That last line is incredibly melodramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    But if the first 8750 season ticket holders buy 2 tickets , quite a few holders might not get a ticket .
    Which isn’t going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    To support the Hibees come what may?
    I've supported Hibs for 30 years and had numerous season tickets over that time. Circumstances dictated I couldn't buy a season ticket this year but I've been to as many games as I could including the semi. I don't mind missing out to a season ticket holder but why should I miss out to a season ticket holders mate who's not been to a game since the 2016 cup final?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    So two tickets max per ST holder but nothing stated about how many per person via the general sale. Anyone ITK?
    I wouldnt worry, I very much doubt there will be a public sale, unless they get a further allocation of tickets. I suppose the only good thing is that if they sell out this weekend, then the pressure goes back to the SFA to back up their claim that Hibs will get more tickets if they sell out.

None of your group of 8 know season ticket holders that might have a spare?

You really think most ST holders will buy 2 when they only need 1?

Pretty much everyone that wants a ticket will get one, you're moaning about something that hasn't happened yet!
    This in bold, wait until there is something to moan about. I have a feeling Hibs will get a number of the debenture tickets and possibly the returned SPLF tickets. The stadium holds around 52k, Hibs and Celtic getting around 45k in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Were all client ref numbers added on when you booked?
    I only bought one ticket for myself. Check with the other guy who's the group of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What about us that were there on Sunday who don't have a season ticket or mate that is a season ticket holder?
    I feel sorry for those. I have 3 non season ticket holders that were with me, can only buy for 1 so the other two will need to take their chances later on. ***** scenario I agree.

I've supported Hibs for 30 years and had numerous season tickets over that time. Circumstances dictated I couldn't buy a season ticket this year but I've been to as many games as I could including the semi. I don't mind missing out to a season ticket holder but why should I miss out to a season ticket holders mate who's not been to a game since the 2016 cup final?
    Well said, agree completely. It wouldnt be difficult to give everyone who bought a ticket from the general sale would be allocated a ticket for the final. It would only be a few hundred, as I imagine the vast majority of those there on Sunday were season ticket holders

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    that's three i know that will be getting a tad anxious waiting on general sale, when it gets to the general sale can folk just purchase any amount ?
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 25-11-2021 at 05:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Agree with you completely. I know a group of 8, including 2 young children who went to the semi, none of them season ticket holders, and they wont smell a ticket now. It should be one ticket per season ticket holder, then those who went on sunday who werent season ticket holders, then anything left should go out on general sale. They way they have done it means there is the possibility that some season ticket holders wont get any tickets. Well done ticket office for spoiling a good day. Though they have history of making a mess of these things. Sad thing is, they will probably now lose 2 future fans, who wont bother now, especially the way they have been treated. As for the Doncaster comment that Hibs may get more tickets if they sell out, they are still not going to go to the non season ticket holders who went on Sunday. Shame on you Hibs.
    When has going to a semi guaranteed you a ticket for the final? I get where you’re coming from, but hibs need to look after season ticket holders first. For very story like yours there will x20 stories of people who are delighted with the way it’s being done. For example I went in a group of 16 to the semi and a good number of them are now guaranteed a ticket for the final due to us allowing 2 per season ticket. I am quite confident there will be a general sale and I hope all the people you mentioned get themselves tickets.

United we stand here....

While there is very remote chance that a season ticket holder wont get a ticket for the game its highly unlikely. We have a group of 6 or 7 going and we wont be taking any extras. Comments on here suggest that most ST holders will be the same.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This in bold, wait until there is something to moan about. I have a feeling Hibs will get a number of the debenture tickets and possibly the returned SPLF tickets. The stadium holds around 52k, Hibs and Celtic getting around 45k in total.
    We get these threads regularly but when it comes to it, you rarely hear from folk missing a final because they couldn't get a ticket.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I'm eligible for 2. i can apply for an extra one and give you it ,if successful, if you need.

I think most of us who do go will end up heartbroken and won't want to go again*, tbh.

* but will still be there the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    That last line is incredibly melodramatic.

You obviously dont know 11 year olds, who are so excited about the whole thing. Thankfully they are not mine, it will be someone elses sad business to tell them they cant go to the final. I hope the SFA relent, and give hibs, at least another 5,000 tickets, and perhaps then Hibs could firstly give tickets from that allocation to those who bought them for the Semi. Lets hope sense prevails all round.

I'm eligible for 2. i can apply for an extra one and give you it ,if successful, if you need.
    Thanks for the kind offer, but its 8 that went to the semi. If I was still a season ticket holder, I would buy an extra one, and make sure it went to someone who was at the semi. I wont be there, my days of serving the cause week in week out are over now. Too many long silent trips back along the M8 after semis and finals. They joys of being a Hibby. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Folk are getting pissed off with the wrong organisation here. The issues caused here are caused squarely by the SPFL. Hibs are in a no win situation with regards to ticket sales. I won't be taking up the offer of a second ticket and I don't think many of the 20 or so ST holders I know will be doing so either

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Folk are getting pissed off with the wrong organisation here. The issues caused here are caused squarely by the SPFL. Hibs are in a no win situation with regards to ticket sales. I won't be taking up the offer of a second ticket and I don't think many of the 20 or so ST holders I know will be doing so either
    Correct. The tickets will go to general sale, they always do.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a general sale. IMO most ST holders will get their own seats only, many won't go as they have Covid fears, live abroad and the closeness to Christmas makes it too difficult and the Ticket Prices are ridiculous. Last night's result won't help sales and hopefully lots of tickets are sold before we have to worry about Saturdays result. I have 3 client numbers available to me and will be getting 3 tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    When has going to a semi guaranteed you a ticket for the final? I get where you’re coming from, but hibs need to look after season ticket holders first. For very story like yours there will x20 stories of people who are delighted with the way it’s being done. For example I went in a group of 16 to the semi and a good number of them are now guaranteed a ticket for the final due to us allowing 2 per season ticket. I am quite confident there will be a general sale and I hope all the people you mentioned get themselves tickets.
    There is probably more agreement between us than you think. I agree completely that those who went with season ticket holders should also be guaranteed a ticket. Any season ticket holder who bought additional tickets for family or friends should also get. The problem, as has already been mentioned by others, is that by allowing all season ticket holders an extra ticket, a lot of those could go to those who havent been to a game since the Scottish Cup final. I just think they could easily have done it better. Seems to be too much haste, with the tickets going on sale tomorrow

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    It’s been suggested elsewhere that we’ll get extra tickets if we sell out. We must have been given an indication of the amount of extras or we wouldn’t have allowed 2 per season ticket holder.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    It’s been suggested elsewhere that we’ll get extra tickets if we sell out. We must have been given an indication of the amount of extras or we wouldn’t have allowed 2 per season ticket holder.
    Probably in the hundreds rather than thousands. Celtic have got the north stand so only tickets left i would imagine would be south upper. We had huns above us at semi so hopefully avoid that situation in final.

We get these threads regularly but when it comes to it, you rarely hear from folk missing a final because they couldn't get a ticket.
    The only time I'm aware of hibs fans not being able to get into a Final was , ironically, when it was pay at the gate against Dunfermline.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    The only time I'm aware of hibs fans not being able to get into a Final was , ironically, when it was pay at the gate against Dunfermline.

remember it well, and a couple of thousand more will as well, if still with us

plenty of space in the Dunfy end didn't pacify us

I'm in a similar but older boat. Rarely free at weekends but try to get to most midweek matches at ER. If I get a ticket for the final I'll free myself up to go and it will be a bonus. If I don't get a ticket but folk who attend less frequently than me do, I'm not going to spit the dummy and stop going to matches when I can.
    I have more sympathy for the ST holder who could potentially lose out (but I agree probably won't). Suggested a simple solution on another thread (although I didn't quite do my sums right).
    If we have 17,500 tickets and 11,000 ST holders, you offer two tickets per ST holder until the first 13,000 tickets are sold (ie a minimum of 6,500 ST holders), then have a 24-48 hour window for the remaining 4,500 (max) ST holders to buy one ticket, then what remains goes on public sale. But that boat's sailed. Beyond the horizon. Or off the edge of the world if you're a Rover driving cardigan wearer.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    A pay-at-the-gate final? Wow.

The Scottish Cup final v Celtic in 2001 went to a form of ballot if I am remembering correctly. Those who went to the Semi Final or were members of the Famous Five scheme were eligible to enter so some did miss out on that one.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

In 2001, Hibs announced that everybody that attended the semi final would be guaranteed a final ticket, but then withdrew a large number of tickets to give to sponsors, or to sell as part of package deals to businesses.

Me and my son attended the semi but were one of only a few hundred that missed out on final tickets.... then watched on TV as hundreds of Celtc fans celebrated in the Hibs End.