hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's one sure way of getting over any defeat this season............remembering Pa Kujabi, Isaiah Osbourne and Tom Soares and realising how far we have progressed from then

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    That's one sure way of getting over any defeat this season............remembering Pa Kujabi, Isaiah Osbourne and Tom Soares and realising how far we have progressed from then

I've been watching Hibs for 50 odd years and apart from a few years under Turnbull it's been up and down like a whores drawers, we've been glorious under achievers for the majority of this time, we just don't do steady at Hibs, we're either superb or pure cack, very little in between.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I've been watching Hibs for 50 odd years and apart from a few years under Turnbull it's been up and down like a whores drawers, we've been glorious under achievers for the majority of this time, we just don't do steady at Hibs, we're either superb or pure cack, very little in between.
    Yep, it's why we love' em JC

@hibs.net private member
    It was the inevitability I felt as soon as they scored which really spoiled the rest of the game for me, never even celebrated the penalty save as I knew it was irrelevant. It’s been a hard one to stomach, and age has definitely chilled me, but right now I’m glad to see the back of the season. Can’t say I feel that particularly bothered about the Euro’s either. I’m sure a couple of decent new signings and the excitement of European football will help my Hibs mojo return. Sounds a bit over dramatic but I feel extremely let down by the team as a whole but players I expected to set us apart from St Johnstone just looked as though their heart wasn’t in it for some reason and they’ll need to regain my respect and trust because of it. Bad day at the office/fine margins etc etc just doesn’t cut it for me, and I’d hope, nor Ron Gordon. Anyway, appreciate the opportunity to release some of my inner tension......therapy session over😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's not really much else to discuss just now so there is an inevitability that old ground will get a going over again and again. Make a signing, release a strip or whatever and people will find something else to talk, or moan, about. Of ourse there are the obsessives who will still see fit to hurl abuse at the guy that runs the Twitter account as if he is reporting exactly what is said directly to Ron. Those types are best ignored though.

Interestingly, and I think this was mentioned on another thread, I think this forum is a lot more measured and tame than people want to believe about the current position we are in. I'm quite surprised by how down a lot of people I speak to are about Hibs. This is either guys who travel home and away every week or are ST holders and semi regular away attendees. It's not entirely reactionary to the final either, it's been creeping in all season. Hopefully it's just a symptom of the inability to attend and they pick up when we get confirmation we can get back in to the stadium.
    I’m one of those folk that you mention, that is quite down about Hibs at the moment.

I don’t know if it’s as a result of not being able to go for a year (I’m home and away every week). I’ve not enjoyed it all season. Then we won the semi final and it was the first time I’d really felt good about things all season. I was really up for the cup final, it was the first cup final with my boy, but then the cup final happened.

Without wishing to be unduly negative, I just don’t think I share the optimism that many have. Don’t get me wrong, I think we’ll be absolutely fine, but that’s about it. I’ll never expect Hibs to win every week but, equally, opportunities like we’ve had this season are once in a generation type stuff. Seeing a club like St Johnstone doing a cup double, at our expense, has sickened me to be honest.

I’m quite glad the season is done now and hopefully I feel a bit differently if/when I can get back in to the stadium.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 31-05-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    The day I get over it is the day the overall man in charge of that day is sacked.

It's time for these people to be held responsible for such failure.

The lose to St Johnstone is up there with the Hearts lose. Fenlon held on for abit and he should of gone then. Its exactly the same here, Ross will keep his job and we will be arguing over the same thing in the next 6 months.

No doubt I'll be shot down in flames here from the same people who swore blind Josh Vela, Chris Maxwell, Tom James were all top signings and not to be so negative.

It's time we stopped accepting such failures.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    The day I get over it is the day the overall man in charge of that day is sacked.
    In that case I hope you don't get over it any time soon.

I’m over it. Very disappointing and a shocking performance. However, its gone. Time to look forward.

The lose to St Johnstone is up there with the Hearts lose. Fenlon held on for abit and he should of gone then. Its exactly the same here, Ross will keep his job and we will be arguing over the same thing in the next 6 months.

No doubt I'll be shot down in flames here from the same people who swore blind Josh Vela, Chris Maxwell, Tom James were all top signings and not to be so negative.

How is anyone “accepting” such failures? What benefit do you get from continuing to moan about it? It was pish, but there’s a new season to prepare for.

I am over thinking about it if that is what you mean?

But let’s be clear that performance and the magnitude of the game, the opportunity etc has set us back at least a year as every big game will be about our bottle. And Jack Ross with Sunderland and Hibs has yet to prove he can get it over the line. He might do it next season and then that’s that but he and the players won’t be able to hide away from no supporters in the ground. If Hampden had 35k Hibees I am not sure Ross or some of the players could recover from what they would have got.

But yes I am over it 🤣🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member

You missed Joe Newell and Christian Doidge from your list?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Personally over it, got much worse stuff going on in life to worry about than Hibs losing the nth cup final since I was wee.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I more or less knew the moment St Johnstone got their last second of the game equaliser against Rangers that we were not going to win it. I was convinced we would have beaten Rangers in the final or at least made a better fist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m one of those folk that you mention, that is quite down about Hibs at the moment.

I don’t know if it’s as a result of not being able to go for a year (I’m home and away every week). I’ve not enjoyed it all season. Then we won the semi final and it was the first time I’d really felt good about things all season. I was really up for the cup final, it was the first cup final with my boy, but then the cup final happened.

Without wishing to be unduly negative, I just don’t think I share the optimism that many have. Don’t get me wrong, I think we’ll be absolutely fine, but that’s about it. I’ll never expect Hibs to win every week but, equally, opportunities like we’ve had this season are once in a generation type stuff. Seeing a club like St Johnstone doing a cup double, at our expense, has sickened me to be honest.

I’m quite glad the season is done now and hopefully I feel a bit differently if/when I can get back in to the stadium.
    Exactly how I feel about Hibs atm. Still feel sickened by last week and I don’t know what it will take for that to go away. Feels a lot worse than previous final defeats

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Exactly how I feel about Hibs atm. Still feel sickened by last week and I don’t know what it will take for that to go away. Feels a lot worse than previous final defeats
    Each to their own but with not having been to a game in such a long time I am exactly the opposite.
    I am disappointed we lost, particularly the way we did, but I just want to get back to my seat and watch Hibs live.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Each to their own but with not having been to a game in such a long time I am exactly the opposite.
    I am disappointed we lost, particularly the way we did, but I just want to get back to my seat and watch Hibs live.
    I agree with B.H.F.C but I also agree with you.

I can’t wait to get back into Easter road but I’m happy to have a wee break, I was scunnered up until about the Tuesday or Wednesday. Part of me thinks I don’t really care any more I just want the days out again but I know I don’t really mean that.

For a team that finished 3rd I’ve never really thought we were that good so I don’t care if anybody leaves, I don’t really care who we bring in as I don’t imagine we will change how we play.

I think we will do ok next year without being particularly good.

Over it about 5 minutes after the final whistle. I've had enough really bad things happen in my life to know that losing a game of football isn't worth tying yourself in knots over.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don’t think I was ever really that into it. No doubt I would have felt differently if we’d won but I found it so easy to disconnect from it after the final whistle.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasn’t surprised so, wobbled along the road pished as a fart and never gave it another thought.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    I’m over it..

Hopefully they club have learnt from it and we move in to an even more successful season last year.
    Same, we still have Europe to look forward to aswell. GGTTH 💚
    2nd next season will be good since septic will have to rebuild.

@hibs.net private member uwxm07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Over it about 5 minutes after the final whistle. I've had enough really bad things happen in my life to know that losing a game of football isn't worth tying yourself in knots over.
    This !

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I was over it by the Sunday, I have been witness to numerous disappointments results following Hibs since 1968. I am fortunate that our results no matter how disappointing they are have less of an effect the older I get.
    The disappointments are far more than the successes but I would not give up a day of following the Hibs for anything else
    Ditto It used to take me until the next game to get over a disappointment, you're lucky if it's a day now.

Do you not think we had a decent season?

Quote Originally Posted by bayhibs View Post
    I got over it surprisingly quickly. Probably a combination of low expectations and not actually being at the game.
    Having been at so many of our Hampden debacles it's much easier for me to deal with sat with friends and family at home.
    The absence of a bus home, with a sore throat and an early hangover (and putting up with the few on the bus they haven’t hit the hangover yet) was definitely a small consolation.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kinda getting used to it now. The boy band mentality at our club is beyond embarrassing. Maybe we should be taking umbrage and maybe we’re ****in well entitled to carry on feeling let down!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Kinda getting used to it now. The boy band mentality at our club is beyond embarrassing. Maybe we should be taking umbrage and maybe we’re ****in well entitled to carry on feeling let down!
    Boy band mentality? How does that relate to the current squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    I'm still sore about it, we were well beaten by a team of huddies imo. It would be much worse if we hadn't won it in 2016.

Some solace to be found in the hard cold fact that the Yams haven't won the League Cup since 1962. Nearly 60 years for goodness sake. That is a beyond embarrassing statistic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Over it next morning.
    We are all different but the players were pathetic in the cup final.
    Not so sure you should have shrugged it off by Sunday morning.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Over what?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    Over it. We're still 4-3 ahead of the Jambos for trophy wins in my lifetime so we're not behind any of the second tier teams in my eyes. Imagine if we had won against, Livi, Ross C, St J though . . . . . .