Page 154 of 229 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 6858

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I'm years behind but just binge watched every episode of Peep Show over the last week. How did I not see this before? Series 9 episode "threeism" had me laughing out loud and that doesn't often happen. 😂😂😂
    Funnily enough I've just binge watched them too. Agree it's superb.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    It’s been on Amazon U.K. for ages has it not?
    It's funny (or not) cos I'd seen that Start Up was available on Amazon for ages - thought it looked alright but the synopsis and photos etc weren't grabbing me. Didn't watch.

As soon as it's on Netflix I found myself watching it within a week. I just think Netflix's app/functionality is so much better. They immediately jump into the trailer, it tells you it's in the Top 10 this week etc..... Maybe just me but it works. Amazon is so clunky I find and the categories they list the shows in is pretty counter-intuitive. First world problems I know.

Anyway I've nearly finished season 1 of Start Up. It's decent for me, I like Adam Brody and Martin Freeman so that's a big tick in the box. Otherwise it's a bit of a low rent Breaking Bad. Nothing particularly original or amazing but worth a watch.

Gamer IDs

I have both Netflix and Prime and agree Netflix's UI is far superior.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I have both Netflix and Prime and agree Netflix's UI is far superior.
    If it's anything like here there's no comparison. Apart from the UI, Prime seems far less stable and gives the impression of being on a far worse connection than Netflix even though they're on the same line/box.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If it's anything like here there's no comparison. Apart from the UI, Prime seems far less stable and gives the impression of being on a far worse connection than Netflix even though they're on the same line/box.
    One thing I've noticed on Prime is the sound drops for a few seconds every now and then.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    One thing I've noticed on Prime is the sound drops for a few seconds every now and then.
    Pardon ?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It's funny (or not) cos I'd seen that Start Up was available on Amazon for ages - thought it looked alright but the synopsis and photos etc weren't grabbing me. Didn't watch.

As soon as it's on Netflix I found myself watching it within a week. I just think Netflix's app/functionality is so much better. They immediately jump into the trailer, it tells you it's in the Top 10 this week etc..... Maybe just me but it works. Amazon is so clunky I find and the categories they list the shows in is pretty counter-intuitive. First world problems I know.

Anyway I've nearly finished season 1 of Start Up. It's decent for me, I like Adam Brody and Martin Freeman so that's a big tick in the box. Otherwise it's a bit of a low rent Breaking Bad. Nothing particularly original or amazing but worth a watch.

That's it in a nutshell , Hover over anything and it jumps to a trailer right away , Also the top 10 for the week draws you in

Start up is superb , Nearly finished season 1 and got another 10 episodes of season 2 to go but when it hits season 3 and it Netflix don't show it not sure what i'l do

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post

That's it in a nutshell , Hover over anything and it jumps to a trailer right away , Also the top 10 for the week draws you in

Start up is superb , Nearly finished season 1 and got another 10 episodes of season 2 to go but when it hits season 3 and it Netflix don't show it not sure what i'l do
    Season 3 is already on Netflix or am I missing something?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Pardon ?
    🙄👍
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Watch it on Amazon 🤷🏼*♂️ I think Netflix will get the rights eventually but would save you waiting.

I saw a report that suggested that Netflix might actually fund a 4th season themselves. Presumably as it’s been a big success for them. I didn’t actually read past that headline for fear of any spoilers....

Not a tv show but on u tube “At Daryl’s house the music is superb

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Been watching that for years. It's so good.

Gamer IDs

Particularly enjoyed Cee Lo Green on that.

Smokey Robinson and the “o” jays take some beating

the “o” jays take some beating
    Aye, that was quality, particularly Backstabbers.

Joe Walsh on a different planet

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

That’s so true and it’s the reason I watch far more stuff on Netflix compared to Amazon. I’ve got Netflix, Amazon , Disney and discovery, but the Netflix app is miles ahead of the others.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

I actually find Amazon better for having proper trailers...Netflix seems to like to show you a random 30 seconds from the show / film that gives you little idea of what it’s about.

Although that said I think Netflix has improved a touch on that recently.

But in general I agree...finding genuine new content on Amazon is a pain sometimes. Especially their ‘new’ movies on Amazon feed...often stuff from the 90’s that they just happen to now have the rights for.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I finished it on Monday. Somebody mentioned before that it's a bit like Breaking Bad, etc. - I see that more in the 3rd season than the other 2 in the way that its filmed, edited, etc.
    Just binge watched the last 4 episodes. It certainly picked up pace again. Hope Netflix do a 4th series.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I just watched the first season of intelligence after it came up as a suggestion after I watched the Friends Reunion. It was quite funny. I already liked Nick Mohammed from watching Ted Lasso but didn’t realise he was a writer too. Looking forward to the second season now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Would be interested in your take on it. I've just finished season 1 and am still enjoying it, despite the mega loud ****ging scenes.
    Finally got round to watching the first two episodes last night, I know I am going to enjoy this, Martin Freeman is great in it, seems like there will be more to his backstory, they definitely got the ****ging scenes in the first episode, can't wait to see how it develops

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    BBC4 re-running Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Classic writing.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    I watched Friends the Reunion last night. Really enjoyed it. The outtakes were quite funny. Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox have ruined their faces with plastic surgery, while Lisa Kudrow looked brilliant and untouched by the mad cosmetic procedures industry. Gunther is unrecognisable now from the character he played. Mathew Perry appears to still be unwell, I suspect his anxiety is still a major issue, felt really sorry for him as he appears to have hid his health problem from the cast who were unaware of just how badly affected he was when they were filming most of the series. My fave was and still is David Schwimmer. Worth a watch for any Friends fans.
    Watched it last night. The plastic surgery that Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox and, to a lesser degree, David Schwimmer have had done is horrendous. Cox looks like a burns victim and it seems to have had some sort of impact on Aniston’s ability to speak normally.

It was quite telling how ‘normal’ Matt Le Blanc and Lisa Kudrow are compared to the rest of them.

I thought Matthew Perry was going cry when Lisa Kudrow emphatically replied “no” when asked if they’d do a movie. He’s obviously been banking on something like that financially.

Start up season 1 finished , Very good and looking forward to season 2

Izzy as an absolute babe

I watched the 3rd season of the Kominsky Method over the weekend. It's still pretty funny but I got the impression that they couldn't be bothered finishing the season so just squashed 3 episodes into 1 at the end.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 31-05-2021 at 06:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    I'm not good with emoji's, what do these 2 signify?
    Sorry, it was meant to indicate how much I disapprove of your favourite Friend 😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Mare of Eastwood episode 1 this is gonna be amazing

Mare of Eastwood episode 1 this is gonna be amazing
    Here we go the finale
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 31-05-2021 at 08:06 PM.

I’ve just finished it absolutely tremendous t.v.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    I’ve just finished it absolutely tremendous t.v.
    Just finished watching the finale. Absolutely superb.