hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they’ve never been mutually exclusive.

beating them 3 or 4 times, as well as being incredibly satisfying and enjoyable, will go a long way towards getting us the league position we all want. Let’s just f***ing do them this time!
    For the purposes of the hypothetical question being asked they are mutually exclusive.

Of course it increases our chances of third if we also beat them 3/4 times, but it's not really a good question: "do you want to beat hearts and finish high up the league, or lose and finish lower?".
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    For the purposes of the hypothetical question being asked they are mutually exclusive.

Of course it increases our chances of third if we also beat them 3/4 times, but it's not really a good question: "do you want to beat hearts and finish high up the league, or lose and finish lower?".
    I know mate but I was just making the point that I am obsessed with beating them and I don’t find anything at all “weird” about that. As well as wanting us to finish top 3 obviously.

they’ve had a laugh at our expense far far far too often and I want to properly rub their noses in it while they are pish.

they’ve never been mutually exclusive.

beating them 3 or 4 times, as well as being incredibly satisfying and enjoyable, will go a long way towards getting us the league position we all want. Let’s just f***ing do them this time!
    But being happy to be in the bottom half of the league as long as we beat Hearts in the Derby is very weird behavior. Thats a really **** season for us.

Disaster = avoiding relegation, being knocked out of a cup or Europe by a team with a fraction of our budget.

Average = finishing 5th to 7th, the semi of one cup and quarters of the other, two/three rounds in Europe.

Excellence = 3rd or 4th (qualifying for Europe), a semi and a final for the domestic cups, reach the European group stages.

Glory = finishing second (ahead of a big spending ugly Sister), winning a cup final, reach the European knock out stages.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I know mate but I was just making the point that I am obsessed with beating them and I don’t find anything at all “weird” about that. As well as wanting us to finish top 3 obviously.

they’ve had a laugh at our expense far far far too often and I want to properly rub their noses in it while they are pish.
    I agree, I think calling it weird is weird

Think it’s going to be difficult to be 3rd get to a semi final and final of the cups next season. You never know but the cup draws would need to be kind to us. Other than the money it doesn’t matter if you are 3rd or 4th although 3rd would be nice. For me minimum semi finals and hopefully win one of the cups every 3 or 4 years would be realistic.

@hibs.net private member
    Top 4, a decent cup run and decent European performances will always be deemed to be a decent season based on our most recent history, throw in a cup every few years and the vast majority of the hibs support would be kept happy. We had a very unique set of circumstances this year which clearly upgraded all our targets for the year, Jack will probably now be wishing we got put out in the early stages and he’d be dining out on an excellent 3rd place finish in the league.