hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He’s the weirdest striker we’ve ever had, when he’s hot he’s unbelievable, but when he’s not he looks seriously ordinary. Right now he’s hot at the right time of the season.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he was excellent tonight. The goal and a rest appear to have worked wonders as he looked a yard sharper, possibly the opposition, and looked confident in front of goal. I'm off the opinion he hasn't been as good as he should have been and hasn't been working hard enough. Not through laziness just through the head dropping when he missed so many chances. He was chasing but not as hard as he did and wasn't as wholehearted in some challenges or running into spaces etc. He looked a different player tonight even during the opening 20 minutes when most of his team mates were not at the races. Hope he can keep the goals coming as to me his whole game is better when he has the spark of a goal or two to light his fire. One thing I have never criticised him is that he is brave in terms of getting into goal scoring positions. James Collins and Grant Holt started playing further and further from goal making it less likely to score when they were having droughts. Big Doidge has stuck at it and is starting to get his reward for consistently being in the danger area and getting chances. He may well have a great run just when we need him most

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Was very good tonight I thought even out with his goals. He looked unusually very comfortable with the ball at his feet which I don’t usually thinks his strength. Held up the ball very well at times and worked hard.

Deserved his 2 goals and motm

@hibs.net private member
    Delighted for Doidgy - after a big stretch where nothing would go in for him suddenly he's Mr goals with 3 in 2 games. We can argue the toss about his quality in front of goal but his attitude and overall contribution to the team is never in doubt. Strikers need goals though and I think this last little clutch of goals gives a better indication of Christian's contribution over the piece this season. We have potentially 10(?) games left to go - great time for All our strikers to find some form!

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s the weirdest striker we’ve ever had, when he’s hot he’s unbelievable, but when he’s not he looks seriously ordinary. Right now he’s hot at the right time of the season.
    Partly agree with this, but even when he isn’t scoring he’s pulling his weight in the team through hold up play, linking, aggression and threat in the air. Never hides and always contributes even when his generally pretty prolific goal touch deserts him.

His ability but more than that, his attitude means he’ll always be a favorite.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If he was to put away all the chances that he gets, then he wouldn't be playing for us.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Christian has totally won me over after an indifferent start, great team player, brilliant attitude and will continue to score if he keeps getting into positions he does.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Partly agree with this, but even when he isn’t scoring he’s pulling his weight in the team through hold up play, linking, aggression and threat in the air. Never hides and always contributes even when his generally pretty prolific goal touch deserts him.

His ability but more than that, his attitude means he’ll always be a favorite.
    He was back in defence when we were 3-0 up and cruising, the man certainly puts in a shift but I too kind of agree with the poster you quoted.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Christian has totally won me over after an indifferent start, great team player, brilliant attitude and will continue to score if he keeps getting into positions he does.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    The commentator even remarked that he had to double check that it was Doidge defending at Right Back when QOS broke away.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If he was to put away all the chances that he gets, then he wouldn't be playing for us.
    If any striker who played for us put away all of their chances they wouldn't play for us not just Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    The commentator even remarked that he had to double check that it was Doidge defending at Right Back when QOS broke away.
    Against the boy that McFadden proclaimed to be the fastest player on the pitch when he came on. Gave him a head start, chased him down and won the ball back.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    The good thing about having such quality throughout the squad is that different players can come to the fore when others aren't having the best time. Boyle, Nisbet and Doigde have all had indifferent periods this season (of varying lengths of time) and yet are all in double figures in terms of goals now.

If all three were to hit peak form at the same time (the next few weeks would be absolutely perfect), then we'd be truly formidable. Such a variety of threats across the three players.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm really proud of this so I'm just going to keep posting it everywhere.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Diego is back

He’s an interesting one for sure, one thing you can guarantee is he willl always get a chance.

When you compare him to other strikers, even Nisbet, he seems to get far more chances or be in better positions. He doesn’t always take them, but he’s got the instinct to get in those positions.

I think Nisbet doesn’t help himself with his as he always comes deep which is good, but I’d like to see him have the desire to get back in the box straight away for more tap ins.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I like Doidge a lot and would start him in the vast majority of games.

My one complaint is if we and him are struggling in a game he either gets caught offside a lot or gives away petty fouls.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I think I'm more impressed with him this season than last. Other than under Heckingbottom, he couldn't do wrong in the first season and everything fell into place for him, he reaped the rewards of that.

Things seem to have just gone against him this season, nothing quite worked for a large part but he's never stopped working, never stopped battling for the benefit of his team mates and is now coming into very good form now the crunch part of the season is here. His attitude is fantastic and I really hope we can keep him for a few years longer, I rate him very highly indeed.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent today. We’re not the same team without him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Excellent today. We’re not the same team without him.
    Something like 42/43 goals between him, Nisbet and Boyle. That's a terrific return from all 3, especially when they play together more often than not.

Need our midfield to contribute much more in goals though, hopefully that is looked at next season.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Something like 42/43 goals between him, Nisbet and Boyle. That's a terrific return from all 3, especially when they play together more often than not.

Need our midfield to contribute much more in goals though, hopefully that is looked at next season.
    41 between the three of them. Said a few weeks ago that if all three hit form at the same time, we could have an amazing end to the season.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    41 between the three of them. Said a few weeks ago that if all three hit form at the same time, we could have an amazing end to the season.
    ...whilst over the road, 45 goals between 8 strikers and wingers in a lower league, v a mix of full and part timers, and with cup draws v lower league part time opposition

Give me Tommy Tapin every day of the week

I really like Doidge. Even missing the one on.ones at Pitoddrie, he was making the right runs. Wins loads in the air and is a collosus defending corners and free kicks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I'd be offering an extension on his deal pronto

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I'd be offering an extension on his deal pronto

I agree. There's been a lot of talk about Nibs.net potentially moving on in the summer but I reckon Doidge could attract at least as much interest.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Excellent finish

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    I reckon Doidge is exactly the sort of player that good teams need.

First and foremost he is a really good guy, he always tries his best and leads by example.

He’s not the most technically able but is brave and has ability. He not selfish at all.

I like him a lot, he’s, for me, a real fans favourite. I just want to get back to cheer this group on, especially the big fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I agree. There's been a lot of talk about Nibs.net potentially moving on in the summer

New deal please hibs. Guy is so good.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I agree. There's been a lot of talk about Nibs.net potentially moving on in the summer but I reckon Doidge could attract at least as much interest.
    😃 Has he got his own fans' forum now?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Has he got his own fans' forum now?
    I can't remember who came up with that, but if we're going to misspell his name we might as well do it with style.