hibs.net Messageboard

Page 43 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3396

Thread: Rugby

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Scotland game off.

We will now replay the match with 10 players missing rather than France have 10 + players missing.

Disgraceful if the points plus a bp aren’t awarded to Scotland.
    Last edited by Jones28; 25-02-2021 at 01:32 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland game off.

We will now replay the match with 10 players missing rather than France have 10 + players missing.

Disgraceful if the points plus a bp aren’t awarded to Scotland.
    Have they confirmed it'll be next weekend? I'd like to hope they'd be taking steps to ensure our full team is available, otherwise I'd support Scotland refusing to turn up.

We can't be punished for France's violations.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Have they confirmed it'll be next weekend? I'd like to hope they'd be taking steps to ensure our full team is available, otherwise I'd support Scotland refusing to turn up.

We can't be punished for France's violations.
    They've only said that it will bebplanned at a later date.

Someone in the French camp clearly breached the protocols. How else would the virus have gotten into the camp.

They should be forfeiting the game and giving Scotland the win.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Someone in the French camp clearly breached the protocols. How else would the virus have gotten into the camp.

They should be forfeiting the game and giving Scotland the win.
    Rumours en francaise are that it is Galthie that has been the guilty party. Not sure how true that is as it seems the FFR are blaming a physio

Gamer IDs

Ah, match-day. No Scotland this weekend but looking forward to Edinburgh later on today, followed by Wales vs England!

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I do too. Wales have turned it on against them when it matters in the past though. Josh Adams is back too I believe?
    Nice try by Wales. Josh Adams back.

Wow, England have been done there.

That’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen!!!
    The ref has had a shocker. I would be raging if that had happened against Scotland.

Wales beat England with a bonus point to win the triple crown. Should beat Italy so it’s a trip to France to win another Grand Slam. A nation absolutely brilliant at Rugby.

The luckiest team in world rugby. Narrow wins against two teams down to 14 men and then a horrific decision for their 2nd try. Even the 1st is questionable. He had asked Farrell to have a word with his players after another penalty and then while he was still doing that he started play. I would have been raging with both to be honest

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The luckiest team in world rugby. Narrow wins against two teams down to 14 men and then a horrific decision for their 2nd try. Even the 1st is questionable. He had asked Farrell to have a word with his players after another penalty and then while he was still doing that he started play. I would have been raging with both to be honest
    Thought the first try decision was absolutely incredible should have been chalked off. Second one thought it looked like a knock on however commentator seemed to be saying technically the right decision which seemed to quieten Moore and Davies so dont really know to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thought the first try decision was absolutely incredible should have been chalked off. Second one thought it looked like a knock on however commentator seemed to be saying technically the right decision which seemed to quieten Moore and Davies so dont really know to be honest.
    Brian Moore is a qualified ref so I'd be surprised if he got that wrong. I think it was guscott that said it was technically correct but it looked like a knock on to my untrained eye and the reaction of the Welsh player said a lot. Wales are surely going to win the whole thing, they've been so jammy.

The 2nd decision was correct, the rule is that the ball has to go forward off your hand or arm AND hit the ground or an opponent before you regain control. Because it hit his leg and then his foot before hitting the ground or opposition then it isn't a knock on as it came off his feet so counts as a kick.

I don't understand the big fuss about this one to be honest, losing control of the ball forward on its own is not enough to count as a knock on, it has to hit the ground or opposition player as well and he clearly got his foot on it first.

The first try decision was worse and really harsh on England IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    The 2nd decision was correct, the rule is that the ball has to go forward off your hand or arm AND hit the ground or an opponent before you regain control. Because it hit his leg and then his foot before hitting the ground or opposition then it isn't a knock on as it came off his feet so counts as a kick.

I don't understand the big fuss about this one to be honest, losing control of the ball forward on its own is not enough to count as a knock on, it has to hit the ground or opposition player as well and he clearly got his foot on it first.

The first try decision was worse and really harsh on England IMHO.
    Sorry, not having that. Its a knock on. He tried to catch it, dropped it and luckily hit his calf. He at no point had control of the ball. Everyone, and I mean everyone who I know who has played the game thinks that is a knock on. Reece-Zammit thought it was a knock on. All the commentators thought it was a knock on.
    Im a qualified referee and level 3 ukcc coach and if that happened in a game I would be awarding a scrum to the opposition every time

Sorry, not having that. Its a knock on. He tried to catch it, dropped it and luckily hit his calf. He at no point had control of the ball. Everyone, and I mean everyone who I know who has played the game thinks that is a knock on. Reece-Zammit thought it was a knock on. All the commentators thought it was a knock on.
    Im a qualified referee and level 3 ukcc coach and if that happened in a game I would be awarding a scrum to the opposition every time
    That’s my take on it too. How many times have we seen someone lose control of the ball and it goes forward down on to their thigh/knee and then on to the ground. Knock on every time. The wording of the rule isn’t the best though I have to admit.

Your opinion is validated by world rugby head of refs, Joël Jutge.

Jutge said: “The ball is not controlled by the wing and falls on his thigh. The situation became confused because at the time there was no notion of loss of control. The reality is that if he had whistled for a knock-on, no one would have found fault with him. This is one of the perverse effects of the video system, looking too much [at an incident] in microscopic detail. There is a tendency to refer to the TMO too often when one can make the call on the pitch and stick with it.”

It seems I'm in the minority on this one, happy to take a referees word for it!

My view of this might be clouded by the fact that I used to play on the wing and on the (very rare ) occurrences that I did knock the ball on I would always do my best to try to get my foot/leg on the ball before it hit the ground to try to prevent it being a knock on.

I don't remember loss of control being a thing when I played though is it new?

I thought he knocked it on. Can't believe the ref gave it! Nigel Owens was on scrum V saying it was def a knock on so i'm going with big Nige on that one!

Thought the first try was a bit harsh on them as well to be honest but we went on to put more and more pressure on them and they capitulated. Penalties left right and centre due to the pressure we were putting on them. Even if you take off the 2 dodgy tries we would have won anyway.

We should beat Italy so on to Paris for (another) go at a slam.

For those that like the league variety, the NRL kicks off Thursday morning at 9.05am with Melbourne v South Sydney

Gamer IDs

Currently watching the Sydney vs Manly game - oh to see spectators back in our arenas again like they are over there.

Big day in the Six Nations today. Wales should obviously deal with Italy, and a massive match between England and France. Strange going into a game hoping for an English win...(or more to the point, French loss).

Gamer IDs

Wales absolutely dominating Italy - a bonus point after half an hour and they finish the first half without conceding. Italy unable to get moving at all.

Welsh looking good for the Grand Slam!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This game is superb.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the french got what they deserved, stopped playing after 50 mins

i put £12 on england not long after france went ahead 20-13, returned £26 :)

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    England 23 France 20 a really good game that.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    our record against ireland from 2000 is dreadful

P -27

W-6
    L- 21

last 10 games we've won just once, i don't expect us to improve on that tomorrow

20 years up to 2000

P-21
    W -15
    L -5
    D -1
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-03-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Gamer IDs

I'm not optimistic for us tomorrow.

Still, manage a win against them, a win against Italy and upset France in Paris (the most unlikely of the 3), coupled with a French win vs Wales next weekend and we might still have a chance!

I actually really fancy Wales to get the GS after today. They took their foot off the pedal in the second half but were very comfortable in defense. Young Rees-Zammit is absolutely incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    England 23 France 20 a really good game that.
    Just finished watching it after a day of watching football, fantastic viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Wales absolutely dominating Italy - a bonus point after half an hour and they finish the first half without conceding. Italy unable to get moving at all.

Welsh looking good for the Grand Slam!
    I’m sure a Welsh grand slam would see them match England’s record of 13!