hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 (nhc)

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Her 'reluctance' works for now, but once we're partly opened up, she'll have next to no control of the population if England are allowing mass gatherings from May and foreign travel from June. Scots will simply pop over the border for events and holidays leaving from English ports and airports.
    Can't disagree with any of that and have no doubt that if travel corridors are reopened from England before Scotland many Scots will take advantage of it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If it's relevant, UEFA have cancelled the Under-19 tournaments for men and women.
    When & where was that being played ?
    Did Scotland qualify ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    When & where was that being played ?
    Did Scotland qualify ?
    Romania in June for the men.

Not sure about the women.

Don't think we did qualify.

I couldn't care less what your political affiliations are folks :)

The main thing re euro 2020 is that it goes ahead. Safely obv. Would love there to be crowds of any size, 10k would hopefully be able to make something of an atmosphere- prawn sandwiches allowing.

It's a wonderful thing to look forward to. A squad stacked with winners and battlers.

It's great to have a Scotland team you can take pride in.

Romania in June for the men.

Not sure about the women.

Don't think we did qualify.
    Cheers

A more positive tone at daily briefing today by FM and Jason Leitch when asked about fans at Wembley (wish the question had been Hampden as well as different considerations) and saying they are hopeful fans can go. They must realise thousands are going to London regardless!

I hope the SFA are all over this and lobbying big time even playing politics to get it on agenda. If we can make it work for 10k fans we can have real hope going into August next season.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    A more positive tone at daily briefing today by FM and Jason Leitch when asked about fans at Wembley (wish the question had been Hampden as well as different considerations) and saying they are hopeful fans can go. They must realise thousands are going to London regardless!

I hope the SFA are all over this and lobbying big time even playing politics to get it on agenda. If we can make it work for 10k fans we can have real hope going into August next season.
    Hopefully if the full Scotland allocation can go down for it.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Hard to see it played with any fans at this point.

Euro's likely being moved to England.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Euro's likely being moved to England.
    Hopefully they can move it to the UK and utilise the millenium stadium and Hampden as well.

Would be a kick in the teeth for us to have our two home games taken away from us, but then played just down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Hopefully they can move it to the UK and utilise the millenium stadium and Hampden as well.

Would be a kick in the teeth for us to have our two home games taken away from us, but then played just down the road.
    Would be more annoyed if we aren't aloud to go to games but England can have fans in all it's stadiums.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

I hope that all Scotlands games are played away.

Reaching a major championships and playing your games at home is a bit rubbish I think.

I loved Euro 96, we play games at Hampden all the time. Playing at different stadiums would add to the occasion IMO.

I wonder if it will be only England because the Scottish Govt won’t allow it here.

I would rather we played somewhere with some fans than and empty Hampden but it ignores the points that we should be consistent across the the UK.

I wonder if it will be only England because the Scottish Govt won’t allow it here.

I would rather we played somewhere with some fans than and empty Hampden but it ignores the points that we should be consistent across the the UK.
    Sounds like that could be the reason.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56203775

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Sounds like that could be the reason.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56203775
    Can imagine the uproar if they don’t let fans into Hampden but there’s fans at all the games in England.

Can imagine the uproar if they don’t let fans into Hampden but there’s fans at all the games in England.
    I tell you what they have no idea the anger this will cause. People are reasonably balanced and if it’s well thought through and best efforts made and logic and data say no we can’t they we will be disappointed but most will understand,

But to hear from the new sports minister give zero information, not one piece of insight. Not even a review date, or what the measures and data required to give a green lights, or a range of numbers, or a plan for the plan, or test events. I could honestly write a plan myself.

This looks like the ****show we have come to expect. A new sports minister wet behind the ears from a wee village up north totally out of her depth. Her first interview a d she couldn’t say one thing. She said she didn’t even know if she could know more by April.

The only consolation is this will get very noisy while fans and let’s by honest thousands of voters watch England plan ahead and we sit on our arse.
    Last edited by Col2; 25-02-2021 at 10:02 PM.

If there is a limited crowd at Hampden it's worth remembering that a lot of tickets have already been sold in the first allocation over a year ago. That's going to eat into what's available and the crowd won't just be made up of 10,000 from the Scotland Travel Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If there is a limited crowd at Hampden it's worth remembering that a lot of tickets have already been sold in the first allocation over a year ago. That's going to eat into what's available and the crowd won't just be made up of 10,000 from the Scotland Travel Club.
    The game is completely sold out. UEFA have unofficially indicated they will need to do a redraw of tickets hence why they need to know in April what Scot Gov and SFA plan is(that should be interesting). So your right no guarantees.

The game is completely sold out. UEFA have unofficially indicated they will need to do a redraw of tickets hence why they need to know in April what Scot Gov and SFA plan is(that should be interesting). So your right no guarantees.
    Only way i see it is Uefa refund those who have bought tickets and limit tickets to those who part of the supporters clubs for tickets. Would be unfair on the supporters clubs to miss out. Would make being a member not worth the hassle.

I'm only saying this as I'm guaranteed tickets through the SSC.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Dunno if this is true as I didn't apply for ballot tickets, but apparently Uefa changed their T&C's offering refunds to existing ticket holders, with the caveat that if they didn't accept that refund then they wouldn't be eligible for a future refund if the venues changed.

So basically, I wouldn't pin any hopes on ballot ticket holders being guaranteed, or even prioritised.

If UEFA want it held in one country then the whole UK doesn’t come into it, the FA would be bidding for it to go to England, SFA would need to pitch in for it to come to Scotland.

Only way i see it is Uefa refund those who have bought tickets and limit tickets to those who part of the supporters clubs for tickets. Would be unfair on the supporters clubs to miss out. Would make being a member not worth the hassle.

I'm only saying this as I'm guaranteed tickets through the SSC.
    Makes sense and I for one would lose out as not part of SSC but those are the breaks!

@hibs.net private member
    Uefa will go with whatever provides them the most money and votes.

If they said to a sponsors, pay us an extra £1M and we'll give you and extra 1000 seats then that'll cover the cost of bumping ballot fans tickets.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Dunno if this is true as I didn't apply for ballot tickets, but apparently Uefa changed their T&C's offering refunds to existing ticket holders, with the caveat that if they didn't accept that refund then they wouldn't be eligible for a future refund if the venues changed.

So basically, I wouldn't pin any hopes on ballot ticket holders being guaranteed, or even prioritised.
    That's correct.

I have tickets for the Croatia-Czechia game at Hampden. AIUI, if the game goes ahead there, with no crowd, I get my money back. If it's moved elsewhere, I don't.

I'm not clear whether my tickets would be valid if it was moved to, say, Newcastle.

Which game are you talking about ? Doubt any games in tournament are sold out given very high ticket prices . 4 Euro 20 games programmed for Hampden , only 2 with Scotland playing . Tournament is organised by UEFA so SFA not involved and not sure SFA supporters club members have any priority for tickets , many of their club members will have applied for and bought tickets already anyway . Scottish govt will be in the same situation as govts of countries of other venue cities .

That's correct.

I have tickets for the Croatia-Czechia game at Hampden. AIUI, if the game goes ahead there, with no crowd, I get my money back. If it's moved elsewhere, I don't.

I'm not clear whether my tickets would be valid if it was moved to, say, Newcastle.
    Think the whole point in changing that T&C is that they will offer you a ticket to the game, but majority wouldn’t be going if it was moved across the continent, which would now mean you’d lose out. They couldn’t not refund you if they don’t offer you a ticket for it.

I tell you what they have no idea the anger this will cause. People are reasonably balanced and if it’s well thought through and best efforts made and logic and data say no we can’t they we will be disappointed but most will understand,

But to hear from the new sports minister give zero information, not one piece of insight. Not even a review date, or what the measures and data required to give a green lights, or a range of numbers, or a plan for the plan, or test events. I could honestly write a plan myself.

This looks like the ****show we have come to expect. A new sports minister wet behind the ears from a wee village up north totally out of her depth. Her first interview a d she couldn’t say one thing. She said she didn’t even know if she could know more by April.

The only consolation is this will get very noisy while fans and let’s by honest thousands of voters watch England plan ahead and we sit on our arse.
    I read this yesterday and disagreed or at least found holes in every paragraph which is what messageboards are about I suppose . Noone else has questioned your arguments but I`m curious about a couple of things - " from a wee village up north " - no idea where you`re from or live but do you really think opinions of folk from north of Scotland ( in this case ) are worth less than folk from other places ? Do you really think a significant number of the public will give more importance to a football tournament especially one which is already a year behind time and being played in so many places that most people probably don`t know tournament is still scheduled to take part than a pandemic which continues to affect all of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Which game are you talking about ? Doubt any games in tournament are sold out given very high ticket prices . 4 Euro 20 games programmed for Hampden , only 2 with Scotland playing . Tournament is organised by UEFA so SFA not involved and not sure SFA supporters club members have any priority for tickets , many of their club members will have applied for and bought tickets already anyway . Scottish govt will be in the same situation as govts of countries of other venue cities .
    Both Hampden games are sold out.

Neither Hamden game is sold out. 32% of tickets were set aside for the FAs of participating nations to distribute. The SFA hasn't got to that point as it's unclear if the matches will go ahead at Hamden, how many people will be let in etc.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Both Hampden games are sold out.
    SSC tickets have not gone on sale yet.

I believe the Croatia v Czech game is the same time as England v Scotland so can’t see that being a huge draw with locals.