hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McFadden said the ref rushed the red card decision. Back in the real world, he checked with his linesman. No wonder people are fed up with the programme when they come out with made up "facts" to suit their view.
    I’ll give him the benefit as the Saturday programme is rushed out. As for the Sunday night programme I’m amazed that they think Boyle might’ve stood on the guy. they seemed to be suggesting it’s not even worthy of a yellow!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I’ll give him the benefit as the Saturday programme is rushed out. As for the Sunday night programme I’m amazed that they think Boyle might’ve stood on the guy. they seemed to be suggesting it’s not even worthy of a yellow!
    If he had caught Boyle he couldve broken his leg.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    If he had caught Boyle he couldve broken his leg.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    It’s mental - all the “it’s a contact sport” and “the games gone” stuff. It’s like the never watched the tackle.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It’s mental - all the “it’s a contact sport” and “the games gone” stuff. It’s like the never watched the tackle.
    They watched it in detail as did I and totally agree with them, never a red card, a ridiculous decision.

A clear and obvious red card. The game has changed and players are going to have to wise up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    They watched it in detail as did I and totally agree with them, never a red card, a ridiculous decision.
    If it wasn't for the fact that it was a reckless, at speed, studs up, out of control challenge, you would be right

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don’t think, given the debate on it, it could ever be described as a ridiculous decision.

The ref has had one look at it, take advice and produced a red card, which some pundits and a lot of fans have agreed with.

If that’s ridiculous then I’d like to see how ridiculous your definition of the word “ridiculous” is.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don’t think, given the debate on it, it could ever be described as a ridiculous decision.

The ref has had one look at it, take advice and produced a red card, which some pundits and a lot of fans have agreed with.

If that’s ridiculous then I’d like to see how ridiculous your definition of the word “ridiculous” is.
    Simple really, as Marv said if that’s a red card he may as well pack in tackling, ridiculous in my opinion as I said.

@hibs.net private member
    Simple really, as Marv said if that’s a red card he may as well pack in tackling, ridiculous in my opinion as I said.
    If Marv can only tackle like that he may as well pack in.

Is it only cos Hamilton glanced him you think that? If he’d managed to wipe him out (as intended) would it have been a red then?

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Red all day long. It was wild and out of control.

At least Boyle anticipated it as i fear what would have happened if he continued his run.

Are we really expecting Boyle to get seriously injured before we expect to see red cards!

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Yep, for the 3rd time. Still think it was a red card

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Never liked sportscene since Sutherland landed the gig.
    Not a massive fan of Sutherland but he's better than that **** Rob Maclean

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Red all day long. It was wild and out of control.

At least Boyle anticipated it as i fear what would have happened if he continued his run.

Are we really expecting Boyle to get seriously injured before we expect to see red cards!
    Of course it was. Leg breaker all day long if that had made contact.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Regarding the tackle, the boy comes flying in at 300 mile an hour and completely misses the ball, would've snapped boyle in 2 if he made contact. I initially also thought it was harsh but I don't see how people can be saying "Never in a million years". It's a reckless challenge and the intent was there. Boy's got previous as well.

@hibs.net private member
    McFadden said the ref rushed the red card decision. Back in the real world, he checked with his linesman. No wonder people are fed up with the programme when they come out with made up "facts" to suit their view.
    And Barnes said that the referee was only going to book him and the linesman changed his mind.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    It’s a red card, he’s going into that tackle with the intent to hurt our player. Boyle is very lucky there wasn’t more contact.

You don’t have to break someone’s leg for it to be a terrible tackle.

If he’d swung a punch at Boyle and missed it would be a red, you can’t act like a thug, he’s went to do him with the tackle, and the wee prick deserved the red card.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It’s a red card, he’s going into that tackle with the intent to hurt our player. Boyle is very lucky there wasn’t more contact.

You don’t have to break someone’s leg for it to be a terrible tackle.

If he’d swung a punch at Boyle and missed it would be a red, you can’t act like a thug, he’s went to do him with the tackle, and the wee prick deserved the red card.
    I think you're wrong on that.

I wonder what they’d say if it had been Big Daz making that tackle on Saturday?

I don’t watch or listen to any of the BBC pish and by all accounts there’s negativity aground Hibs once again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

I don’t watch or listen to any of the BBC pish and by all accounts there’s negativity aground Hibs once again!

They weren’t being negative about Hibs, they’re doing trial by sportscene in reverse.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

God forbid it was Porteous. The lad Hamilton has previous and he should have kept more control.

They weren’t being negative about Hibs, they’re doing trial by sportscene in reverse.
    So looking for every excuse for it not to be a red or indeed a penalty.

God forbid it was Porteous. The lad Hamilton has previous and he should have kept more control.
    Indeed. Having watched in on numerous occasions and from other angles it’s a red every day of the week!

similar tackle

If my memory serves me well i recall Porteous being sent off last season for a similar tackle against Rangers and nobody disputed that one

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    If my memory serves me well i recall Porteous being sent off last season for a similar tackle against Rangers and nobody disputed that one
    The biggest differences between the tackles are the opposition and the reaction of theirrespective managers. Ryans tackle I don't think was any worse but Gerrard made a meal of it at the time and has held it against Ryan ever since. The press therefore have their duty to report that as fact as it came from the mouth of the manager of Rangers. Hamiltons tackle however was against Hibs and our manager did not set out to crucify the guy.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Out of control, at speed with high feet. Can’t see why there’s even any the slightest doubt over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think you're wrong on that.
    There is one camera angle that suggests he meant to put a little extra on Boyle rather than just winning the ball.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    The biggest differences between the tackles are the opposition and the reaction of theirrespective managers. Ryans tackle I don't think was any worse but Gerrard made a meal of it at the time and has held it against Ryan ever since. The press therefore have their duty to report that as fact as it came from the mouth of the manager of Rangers. Hamiltons tackle however was against Hibs and our manager did not set out to crucify the guy.
    Plenty folk on here said it wasn’t a red for that. I’m being consistent - I thought both were red - I was raging at Porteous at the time.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    There is one camera angle that suggests he meant to put a little extra on Boyle rather than just winning the ball.
    Yep

A lot of tv and pod producers have realised that there’s only so much time you can spend analysing ref decisions and then debating it ad nauseum before it becomes boring TV. Sportscene seem to be late to that. Personally I’d rather they just briefly said their opinion and then talked about the actual game instead.

Ligue 1 dont show red cards at all in their highlights show, which is a bit weird and going too far IMO, but there’s a middle ground to be found here. MOTD isn’t much better; The whole point of VAR was supposed to be to stop rows about decisions; the result down south seems to be the opposite.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Plenty folk on here said it wasn’t a red for that. I’m being consistent - I thought both were red - I was raging at Porteous at the time.
    Yes, I remember opinion being split on the Porteous one. For me the key difference was that while Porteous initially had his foot high, by the time he actually reached the player his foot was practically on the ground and studs no longer showing. To my mind that's not dangerous, although I can see why the referee would give it having seen the initial height of his foot.

However, I've no idea what the referee's guidance/standard interpretation is for an example like Porto's – it may well be that the ref was completely correct based on that.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Exactly.

There are ways of making a tackle like that and the way he made that challenge was a red card.

If his foot is low, on the ground and with studs not showing then it’s a classic piece of defending.