Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 6784

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cobra Kai.............awesome...........that is all
    Brilliant

2. Log in to remove the advert

I stuck with Traces to the end but tbh I was a bit bored with it.

Currently 5 episodes into The Serpent which I am really enjoying. I intended to watch 1 episode last night and ended up sitting up half the night watching 'just one more'. I've read reviews saying it's a bit slow but I quite like that about it. Tahar Rahim is excellent.

I'm currently working my way through a lot of things on iplayer that I have been saying I am going to watch for ages.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Currently 5 episodes into The Serpent which I am really enjoying. I intended to watch 1 episode last night and ended up sitting up half the night watching 'just one more'. I've read reviews saying it's a bit slow but I quite like that about it. Tahar Rahim is excellent.

I'm currently working my way through a lot of things on iplayer that I have been saying I am going to watch for ages.
    I’m also watching The Serpent and really enjoying it. The music is really good in it too.

Is it bad I really like The Wheel.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’m also watching The Serpent and really enjoying it. The music is really good in it too.
    You've just reminded me to look up one of the tracks. Jump into the Fire (Harry Nilsson). Sure it was used in Goodfellas as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    You've just reminded me to look up one of the tracks. Jump into the Fire (Harry Nilsson). Sure it was used in Goodfellas as well
    Yep, the paranoia scene where he’s driving and it finishes playing The Who’s Magic Bus.

What a talent Harry Nilsson was. A big catalogue with a lot of guff in it but Pandemonium Shadow Show, Nilsonn Schmilsonn & of course Aerial Ballet are excellent albums.

I see Jenna Coleman is getting panned for her French accent, I'm quite happy to let her away with it.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Yep, the paranoia scene where he’s driving and it finishes playing The Who’s Magic Bus.

What a talent Harry Nilsson was. A big catalogue with a lot of guff in it but Pandemonium Shadow Show, Nilsonn Schmilsonn & of course Aerial Ballet are excellent albums.
    The point? 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    The point? 😉
    I only listed the albums of his I own but The Point is decent, once you strip out the bloody narrator 😀

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The Simpsons. Just so funny, especially the early ones.

Is The Serpent a BBC thing?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Is The Serpent a BBC thing?
    Yeah

The Serpent is really good, only watched 2 episodes so far but really enjoying it.

Also been watching ‘traces’ on bbc iplayer and enjoying that. Murder mystery set in Dundee with a good cast.

Anyone watched Wanda Vison? Some of the Marvel films are good but find Marvel hit and miss. My wife loves Marvel though so watched the first episode with her. Very weird, I’ll give it one more episode before I’m out, declaring it utter nonsense.

Tin Star season 3

Outstanding , Tim Roth

We’re on the penultimate episode 7. I just think the whole story is a bit weak, I hate the constant back and forward in time storytelling, but Mrs Bollah is enjoying it so I’m ploughing on.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    We’re on the penultimate episode 7. I just think the whole story is a bit weak, I hate the constant back and forward in time storytelling, but Mrs Bollah is enjoying it so I’m ploughing on.
    We’ve not long finished the second episode. It’s not for me, first two episodes have been a chore and not particularly interested to find out what’s actually going on. Will let Mrs Modfather watch it solo.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Anyone watched Wanda Vison? Some of the Marvel films are good but find Marvel hit and miss. My wife loves Marvel though so watched the first episode with her. Very weird, I’ll give it one more episode before I’m out, declaring it utter nonsense.
    We obviously don't know what's going on just now, but each episode is going too be based on a different decade of TV, that has me intrigued to see what's going on, get the impression I'm not going to know if I really like it or not until I can piece it all together

I stuck with The Serpent but I was pretty zoned out by the end. The constant jumping about with the timeline started to grate. As a concept it was fine but for the sake 20-30 second scenes was just excessive. It's one of those shows that suffered because the real story is so mental that a drama is always going to fall a bit short.

I've just started watching Pole to Pole with Michael Palin. I've never seen it before and loved the 1st couple of episodes. It's both dated and timeless in equal measure.

I stuck with The Serpent but I was pretty zoned out by the end. The constant jumping about with the timeline started to grate. As a concept it was fine but for the sake 20-30 second scenes was just excessive. It's one of those shows that suffered because the real story is so mental that a drama is always going to fall a bit short.

I've just started watching Pole to Pole with Michael Palin. I've never seen it before and loved the 1st couple of episodes. It's both dated and timeless in equal measure.
    I finished The Serpent last night, the timeline jumps did become a tad tedious.

Pole to Pole is majestic zone out viewing.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 16-01-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Pole to Pole was brilliant. I remember watching it when it was first out, what was it, late 90s or something? Palin is just such an unarguably decent and warm person you can’t help going along with him emotionally as well. And are you getting that on the iPlayer?

Pole to Pole was brilliant. I remember watching it when it was first out, what was it, late 90s or something? Palin is just such an unarguably decent and warm person you can’t help going along with him emotionally as well. And are you getting that on the iPlayer?
    1991. The Soviet Union is still a thing!

Yep on iPlayer. A few of his travel docs are on there along with a few other classics.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Started the Glitch on Netflix, 1 episode in very decent

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Me and the Mrs loved it. Normally I watch this kind of story and think "how can anyone be suckered into this kind of ploy", however the Serpent brings it across as plausible.

I’m enjoying Lupin on Netflix with the family. Undemanding and hard to dislike really.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I’m enjoying Lupin on Netflix with the family. Undemanding and hard to dislike really.
    The actor Omar Sy, who became a big name in the Untouchables, used to be part of a comedy double act - Omar & Fred. We never see Fred any more while Omar Sy goes from success to success.

It reminds me a bit of Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie.

Anyone watched Ratched? I love One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, and Nurse Ratched is such a good character. So was interested in her back story. Reading about it though it seems to be in the same mould as American Horror Story, and while I’ve never seen it, from the trailers and clips I’ve seen don’t think it’s for me, so not convinced Ratched will be for me either.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Anyone watched Ratched? I love One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, and Nurse Ratched is such a good character. So was interested in her back story. Reading about it though it seems to be in the same mould as American Horror Story, and while I’ve never seen it, from the trailers and clips I’ve seen don’t think it’s for me, so not convinced Ratched will be for me either.
    It was all a bit style over substance for me and I gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The actor Omar Sy, who became a big name in the Untouchables, used to be part of a comedy double act - Omar & Fred. We never see Fred any more while Omar Sy goes from success to success.

It reminds me a bit of Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie.
    The more I’m watching the more I’m understanding. So if the original Lupin short stories were an attempt by the French author of the time to echo Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, this is French TV and Netflix’s attempt to echo the success of BBC Sherlock?! The style is really really similar.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The more I’m watching the more I’m understanding. So if the original Lupin short stories were an attempt by the French author of the time to echo Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, this is French TV and Netflix’s attempt to echo the success of BBC Sherlock?! The style is really really similar.
    I haven't started it yet but I wouldn't be surprised. Most French crime series are pretty awful and any that I like tend to get pulled after 1 season. British & Scandinavian series were beating them hands down and now with the quality of stuff that the likes of Netflix & Amazon are producing, I honestly think they the main French channels have given up.

Lupin's a Netflix original and you have to give them there due for making stuff in different countries instead of staying safe in the states or UK doing only English language stuff.