hibs.net Messageboard

Page 384 of 406 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,520 of 12180
    So my Boy is clearing house at the Jets after tomorrows game. Could be interesting!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Cowboys missing tackles all over the place on their opening drive. It’s like they’re scared of the playoffs. 7-0 The G Men.

Giants hold on and stay alive at 6-10, if Washington win later they win the division. Seahawks winning, Bears surprising Packers early on.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Who does everyone think will win it now? As much as I’d like to say the Steelers, I just can’t see them winning it with no running game. The Chiefs are the obvious choice and I think they’ll probably win it, but the Ravens have hit form at the right time.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who does everyone think will win it now? As much as I’d like to say the Steelers, I just can’t see them winning it with no running game. The Chiefs are the obvious choice and I think they’ll probably win it, but the Ravens have hit form at the right time.
    For once the AFC looks stronger, especially offensively. Bills Ravens and Chiefs Titans all have ridiculous offenses capable of scoring 40 points on anyone. In the NFC the Buccaneers Saints and Packers all look like they have a chance too. It’s just impossible to call...but I picked the saints at the start of the season so I’ll stick with them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    For once the AFC looks stronger, especially offensively. Bills Ravens and Chiefs Titans all have ridiculous offenses capable of scoring 40 points on anyone. In the NFC the Buccaneers Saints and Packers all look like they have a chance too. It’s just impossible to call...but I picked the saints at the start of the season so I’ll stick with them.
    I'd love to see the Bills win it, Josh Allen has had so many doubters and as soon as he got a decent WR in Diggs has been lighting it up. It's going to be a close one between Bills, Ravens and Chiefs. I think that the Chiefs have a tendency to switch off in games, it's almost like it is too easy for them, and this may come back to haunt them in the playoffs.

Can't really see past the Packers in the NFC, Rodgers has been playing insanely good. The Packers should draft a QB every season.

As for Trevor Lawrence, the draft is always a lottery but he's as nailed on a prospect as you'll ever see IMHO. The Jags had 12 draft picks last year and a further 10 this year if they draft well they'll be really well placed to make a big jump a couple of years from now, just in time for the franchise to move to London.... If the rumours are correct that they're going for Urban Meyer as HC it will be really interesting to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets trade away from number 2, Darnold is a serviceable QB, surround him with the right weapons and a decent HC and I think he'll be fine. The Patriots, Broncos and Panthers could all be willing to trade up for a QB, although it's not something the Patriots ever seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I'd love to see the Bills win it, Josh Allen has had so many doubters and as soon as he got a decent WR in Diggs has been lighting it up. It's going to be a close one between Bills, Ravens and Chiefs. I think that the Chiefs have a tendency to switch off in games, it's almost like it is too easy for them, and this may come back to haunt them in the playoffs.

Can't really see past the Packers in the NFC, Rodgers has been playing insanely good. The Packers should draft a QB every season.

As for Trevor Lawrence, the draft is always a lottery but he's as nailed on a prospect as you'll ever see IMHO. The Jags had 12 draft picks last year and a further 10 this year if they draft well they'll be really well placed to make a big jump a couple of years from now, just in time for the franchise to move to London.... If the rumours are correct that they're going for Urban Meyer as HC it will be really interesting to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets trade away from number 2, Darnold is a serviceable QB, surround him with the right weapons and a decent HC and I think he'll be fine. The Patriots, Broncos and Panthers could all be willing to trade up for a QB, although it's not something the Patriots ever seem to do.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets consider trading down as well. I think Darnold may be approaching last chance saloon there though, he's still making a lot of the same mistakes he was making as a rookie. In saying that someone like Ryan Tannehill , or as you mention Josh Allen shows what happens when you give a QB weapons and protection.

There will certainly be scope to move up for those that want to. I'd be stunned if the Dolphins aren't seriously considering trading back from 3. We have an urgent need for a RB and a WR but we should be able to get one of the top prospects from a bit further down the line whilst stacking picks in the later rounds (which is where a lot of the real business is done). I think it's also quite likely we will take a QB at some point as well, probably round 5 or 6.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If this is last chance saloon for Darnold then surely the Jets take a QB this year? If he ****s the bed and they’re left with a mid top 10 draft pick next year in a weaker QB class they are shafted.

They defo take a QB this year IMO.

Here we go with the playoffs! I have beer, pizza delivery later, love the wild card weekend.
    I can see the Bills putting a bit of a destruction on the Colts shortly. Later, in the big game in this house anyway, Seattle host the La Rams. I’m predicting a messy defensive Seattle win, probably in the final minutes.

I'd love to see the Bills win it and I think they have a very decent outside shot.

I like Josh Allen and I have a friend who is a huge Bills fan. He still gets angry that Jim Kelly never got a ring.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd love to see the Bills win it and I think they have a very decent outside shot.

I like Josh Allen and I have a friend who is a huge Bills fan. He still gets angry that Jim Kelly never got a ring.
    I like them too, perennial losers, Allen has turned it round, I honestly think he’s up there with Rodgers and mahomes. Two throws today in particular were just unreal.

That could have been a huge call at the end there. My initial thought was fumble and having seen the 1000 replays I'm still not convinced there was any contact before that knee was up. Didn't matter in the end anyway. Enjoyed that game though and a tense ending.

I have a cousin in California who is a big Rams fan but I've never been able to take to them so hoping for a Seattle win the in the next game.

Never seen so many 3 & 0’s in a play off game. Gonna be a tight finish. Come on the Rams

So it’s the Rams and the Buccaneers who proceed.

Ravens Titans is a bit special in half an hour, could be a lot of points.
    Some major trade rumors swirling too; Deshawn Watson unhappy in Houston, and talk of a trade to the Dolphins with Tua and picks going the other way!

So it’s the Rams and the Buccaneers who proceed.

Ravens Titans is a bit special in half an hour, could be a lot of points.
    Some major trade rumors swirling too; Deshawn Watson unhappy in Houston, and talk of a trade to the Dolphins with Tua and picks going the other way!
    I'm a bit sceptical about those rumours. It seems to stem from Watson supposedly saying he would work with Brian Flores and him wearing a Dan Marino shirt back in April.

I don't think our offense is a one man fix, even if that one man is as talented as Watson. We have shifted the biggest obstacle in our antique OC but Tua was always a part of a bigger project. We stacked picks and cap space last year and this year, last year sorted a lot of defensive issues and this year is about building an offense. A $40M cap hit and a stack of picks to bring in Watson just doesn't seem to fit with that strategy. In saying all that if it could be done for giving them back their no.3 pick, Tua and a late rounder I'd take it. It would cost more than that though.

Ravens did an incredible job shutting down Derrick Henry

I know the Bears ain’t great but the saints haven’t let them convert on 3rd down all game and nearly in fourth quarter.

How good is Tony Romo as Co commentator?

I know it's hardly a secret but he must be one of the best at what he does in any sport. Actually insightful, breaks things down accurately and explains them so they are understandable.

I know it's hardly a secret but he must be one of the best at what he does in any sport. Actually insightful, breaks things down accurately and explains them so they are understandable.

totally agree, really enjoy listening to Romo

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I hope Big Ben comes back next year, it was so sad seeing him at the end of that game, he looked broken. With no running game the pressure for him to throw the ball was always going to lead to turnovers and the Browns made them pay. It’s looking like a big rebuilding job now though. The call to punt it at 4th and 1 was ridiculous and Tomlin needs to have a look at himself for that.

United we stand here....

Romo is the best I've ever heard in any sport. He even calls the plays before they happen and as already stated his explanations as to why certain teams are using certain plays are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I hope Big Ben comes back next year, it was so sad seeing him at the end of that game, he looked broken. With no running game the pressure for him to throw the ball was always going to lead to turnovers and the Browns made them pay. It’s looking like a big rebuilding job now though. The call to punt it at 4th and 1 was ridiculous and Tomlin needs to have a look at himself for that.
    Big Ben is finished IMO, and it’s hard to feel sorry for a guy with his background.

The Jets have reached an agreement in principle to make Robert Saleh their new head coach. Will definitely bring some energy to the team and hopefully a couple more wins next season.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    The Jets have reached an agreement in principle to make Robert Saleh their new head coach. Will definitely bring some energy to the team and hopefully a couple more wins next season.
    I found him really annoying on the sidelines with some of his antics but no question he’s a great defensive mind.
    The Jaguars have appointed 3 time National Championship winner Urban Meyer.

I found him really annoying on the sidelines with some of his antics but no question he’s a great defensive mind.
    The Jaguars have appointed 3 time National Championship winner Urban Meyer.
    I agree came across as annoying to me as well but if he can bring that energy to the Jets hopefully works.

Here we go Divisional round begins. Who do you all fancy ? Go RAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Here we go Divisional round begins. Who do you all fancy ? Go RAMS
    BrownsRavensSaintsPackers is my tip.

But the Rams are fighting well so far tonight. It’s not over.

BrownsRavensSaintsPackers is my tip.

But the Rams are fighting well so far tonight. It’s not over.
    Over now HB. GB defence has been near immaculate tonight. GB running game has been excellent. Looks an expensive flop giving Goff $140 million contract now.

Big decisions for the Rams off season where to go after tonights performance. Packers a deserved No 1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Over now HB. GB defence has been near immaculate tonight. GB running game has been excellent. Looks an expensive flop giving Goff $140 million contract now.

Big decisions for the Rams off season where to go after tonights performance. Packers a deserved No 1 seed.
    Goff is a strange one. He’s probably the weak link in the entire team, he shows flashes of being great and then makes bad decisions again

Bills Ravens should be immense coming up shortly but I don’t think I can stay awake...

Yep put a Rodgers, Wilson or the GOAT into that Rams team and it would be hard to stop but Goff unfortunately is not the answer. Whether it’s Goff not playing McVay’s calls correctly or McVays calls being wrong at crucial times I’m not sure but time and again this season it hasn’t worked out.

Think the Bills will be too strong tonight in the late game got the matchsticks ready on standby and a couple of beers on hand.