hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf??

Wtf??

Granted, we were bottle merchants once again against celtic. Just watched the highlights, there for the taking, again. Another team we show too much respect?? Like our puddle drinking neighbours?? 🤔🤔🤔😕😕

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lay off the drink before posting!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granted, we were bottle merchants once again against celtic. Just watched the highlights, there for the taking, again. Another team we show too much respect?? Like our puddle drinking neighbours?? 🤔🤔🤔😕😕
    Don't post on an empty head.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Don't post on an empty head.
    How are we no?? Comfortably pumped at darkheid when we were playing well..🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

It is a well known fact that Hibs are the only football team in the world to drop points.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    It is a well known fact that Hibs are the only football team in the world to drop points.
    Aye, against the same teams....that was my point. Scotland in a green and white jersey...same mentality...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Aye, against the same teams....that was my point. Scotland in a green and white jersey...same mentality...
    Celtic hardly drop points in domestic football, yet they haven’t beaten us in the league at Easter Road for years.

That’sa good record and mashed a mockery of the bottler label.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Since we were promoted, we have played Celtic 7 times at Easter Road in the League.
    We have won 2, drawn 5, lost NONE.

Get this thread in the sea.

How many time have we seen the “big teams” or the title hopefuls of a league claw back a draw or even a win from a losing position? It happens everywhere and its a “mark of champions” but when it happens here to us we’ve bottled it apparently.

Today was frustrating in the end. No two ways about it. But we showed a more lot to be pleased with han I’ve seen for a number of weeks before the international break. Another day, a different clearance perhaps, we walk away with 3 points.

If this collapse happened against Aberdeen or a Dundee United I’d be concerned. But Celtic, no matter how badly they play at the moment, will get the chances to square games up. You sometimes need to hope its your day and they don’t take them, or you gift them too many.

Its disappointing to lose two points after being 2 - 0 up, no matter who the opposition is. But not a single player on that pitch today bottled anything, we played a defensive game for the whole 90 minutes hitting on the break, but if you play that game your defence is going to be under pressure a lot and the chances are there will be mistakes and at times just plain bad luck.

Their first was the softest of soft penalties nobody can be blamed for apart from the idiots who make up the rules and their equaliser was down to an unfortunate error by a player who otherwise had a very good game.

The guy who scored their penalty ( and was only a sub ) cost over 6 million quid and the guy who equalised cost A/C Milan 12.5 million quid ... while we wet ourselves with excitement because we 'bust the bank' to pay over 250K for Kevin Nisbet. They brought on Leigh Griffiths near the end, a guy who would probably add another thousand sales to our ST total if it was announced he would be returning to Hibs next season.

So before we start slaughtering the team lets have a bit of context eh?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its disappointing to lose two points after being 2 - 0 up, no matter who the opposition is. But not a single player on that pitch today bottled anything, we played a defensive game for the whole 90 minutes hitting on the break, but if you play that game your defence is going to be under pressure a lot and the chances are there will be mistakes and at times just plain bad luck.

Their first was the softest of soft penalties nobody can be blamed for apart from the idiots who make up the rules and their equaliser was down to an unfortunate error by a player who otherwise had a very good game.

The guy who scored their penalty ( and was only a sub ) cost over 6 million quid and the guy who equalised cost A/C Milan 12.5 million quid ... while we wet ourselves with excitement because we 'bust the bank' to pay over 250K for Kevin Nisbet. They brought on Leigh Griffiths near the end, a guy who would probably add another thousand sales to our ST total if it was announced he would be returning to Hibs next season.

So before we start slaughtering the team lets have a bit of context eh?
    Exactly. And whilst others will point to this as a ‘losers mentality’ or ‘accepting bad results’, the reality is that we are a well run club who live within their means, so results will reflect that.

It doesn’t stop us wanting better, but a dose of realism is needed.

I laugh at this theory that Celtic, who brought the best player in the league in Eduard off the bench, have won the last 9 league titles and had the ref giving them any 50/50 were somehow ''there for the taking''

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Since we were promoted, we have played Celtic 7 times at Easter Road in the League.
    We have won 2, drawn 5, lost NONE.

This.

Plus we've played both sides of the Uglies at home this season and remain undefeated against them at ER.

Threads like this are why we cant have nice things

Or another year goes by without Celtic managing to beat us in the league at Easter Road. Depends how you spin it

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Hanlon should have emptied the ball for the second. A tired swipe on his weak foot went askew, and it's a great finish from Laxalt.

I don't even know what the rules are for handball now but if they got that, we should have got another.

433 is the way forward for us, whether or not Doidge is fit. If he doesn't fit the system, he'll need to learn.

We are a good team, no two ways about it...but we need to learn the art of frustrating opponents. Too often we get caught up in the frantic pace that Celtic are dictating. At 2-0 that is when we need calm heads to just kill the game..easier said than done I know..

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 22-11-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    Excellent post. Well said.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

Posts like this are why a “Like” button should be essential for this site.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Bravo Sir, bravo. I've been guilty at times of over reacting and just focusing on the negatives. But I absolutely see that we've progressed and improved this season and, if that's what Jack Ross can achieve in one year, I'm all for giving the man time to build more success. We've not had a manager stay longer than 3 years since Alex Miller and that constant change and need to rebuild needs to stop.

Yes there will be disappointments and frustration along the way but we need to stick this time and keep faith.

Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

Great post well said, agree with everything you say in that post.

Awww I do love I wind up!!!😂😂😂 🤪🎣🎣

what a post

After Northernhibee's post, I think this thread should be closed.

Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Fantastic post. Your post alone has given this miserable excuse for a thread a purpose for existing. I doff my cap to you.

Superb post and says everything that needs to be said - and thanks for the heads up on the snide comment about me. I’ve responded now 😎
    This is how it feels

Great post. Some adults should be ashamed.