Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.His usual calf injury.
    Would that be his ‘week aff’ injury?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Would that be his ‘week aff’ injury?
    No it really is an injury.Remember he suffered before the cup final against Celtic.It goes back a long way and is due to a failure to do proper gym work and just play football instead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No it really is an injury.Remember he suffered before the cup final against Celtic.It goes back a long way and is due to a failure to do proper gym work and just play football instead.
    I know, but I can’t resist a wee tongue in cheek comment. I actually do sympathise with LG’s problems and would like to see him back to his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I know, but I can’t resist a wee tongue in cheek comment. I actually do sympathise with LG’s problems and would like to see him back to his best.
    Yes and the years are drifting by.One of my biggest regrets is not seeing Riordan and then Griffiths playing regularly for Scotland.They certainly should have.

Got a text from a mate saying Lennon was negotiating a deal with Celtic to leave, have no idea if any truth in this, he's just passing on whet he heard.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Remember it well and there were no calls from anyone to have him sacked.

There never were. The day he left everyone was in complete shock, no one said they saw it coming.

The general feeling amongst the fans was that the board hadn’t supported him enough in the summer. Even through that run of 14 the fans were generally right behind Lennon and saying it was down to the players.
    There was plenty people thought his time was up.

Overall Lennon was probably a success at Hibs. But not an overwhelming success, nowhere near it. We slogged our way to the Championship looking a poorer side than the season before imo, we done pretty well in our first season up overall but were exceptional for a third of the season and were rotten for nearly half the season after before he left. Over the piece I enjoyed most of his time here - even though the Championship wasn’t great it’s impossible not to enjoy winning the league but I’m fairly certain any manager would have got us up that year and I don’t think any Hibs fan couldn’t have enjoyed the first season back up, especially after Xmas.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Is quoting 9.75 not a bit parochial? Only Rangers fans surely believe Celtic didn’t win the league last year?
    Only Celtic fans give a **** it was 9?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Only Celtic fans give a **** it was 9?
    I’m sure, but it is at least a fact isn’t it? I would think most of us wouldn’t be interested enough in all that to use stuff like 9.75.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I’m sure, but it is at least a fact isn’t it? I would think most of us wouldn’t be interested enough in all that to use stuff like 9.75.
    I’m no bothered either way tbh. Two disgusting bigots living in the past fat bald clubs fighting over a comb 👌👍

Left by mutual consent!
    He really needs to calm down and take a look at himself, rather than continually blame his players all the time. It was his decision not to play a striker last night. Poor and costly decision. But his decision.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    He really needs to calm down and take a look at himself, rather than continually blame his players all the time. It was his decision not to play a striker last night. Poor and costly decision. But his decision.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Never happen. He’s a dick.

A winner my arse.

Met him not long after hearts beat us 1 nil at Easter Road and he was spot on with my son, despite being absolutely steaming (him not me).

His time was probably just about a success. We won the championship, but it was far more of a grind than it should have been.

First season back we were thoroughly average until January, then scintillating between February and May.

Final season was very meh and writing was on the wall.

Overall, probably a 6.5/7 out of 10.

Unfortunately, that still puts him in the top 5 managers in the last 30 years, if not top 3.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Met him not long after hearts beat us 1 nil at Easter Road and he was spot on with my son, despite being absolutely steaming (him not me).

His time was probably just about a success. We won the championship, but it was far more of a grind than it should have been.

First season back we were thoroughly average until January, then scintillating between February and May.

Final season was very meh and writing was on the wall.

Overall, probably a 6.5/7 out of 10.

Unfortunately, that still puts him in the top 5 managers in the last 30 years, if not top 3.
    There's a question. All our managers have had big faults or left in bad circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    There's a question. All our managers have had big faults or left in bad circumstances.

Managers who have had success at Hibs, are not afforded a bad season anymore, and the chance to build another team.

We've had it with Hughes and Lennon, who gave us Europe through our league position not through cup wins or finishing runner up.

We'd rather bring in someone else, who's had no success at the club and give him a chance, rather than give a manager we've actually witnessed give us success another season.

Looking at it from this website, it was clear from the start of Hughes and lennon's tenure, some folk never liked them from the start, and some folk couldnt wait to get stuck right into them the minute things were not going great, and in some cases even when things were great and we were actually winning games in Europe.

When i look at how good we've been over my lifetime as a fan, i do wonder what some folk think is success, as i've not seen a lot of it over the years.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Managers who have had success at Hibs, are not afforded a bad season anymore, and the chance to build another team.

We've had it with Hughes and Lennon, who gave us Europe through our league position not through cup wins or finishing runner up.

We'd rather bring in someone else, who's had no success at the club and give him a chance, rather than give a manager we've actually witnessed give us success another season.

Looking at it from this website, it was clear from the start of Hughes and lennon's tenure, some folk never liked them from the start, and some folk couldnt wait to get stuck right into them the minute things were not going great, and in some cases even when things were great and we were actually winning games in Europe.

When i look at how good we've been over my lifetime as a fan, i do wonder what some folk think is success, as i've not seen a lot of it over the years.
    While I agree with the majority of what you say, I’m not sure how you marry all that to the negativity you’ve afforded John Collins over the years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post

Stubbsy. Don’t say he was ****ging the physio either.

Ajer and Ntchams agents have asked Celtic for valuations on the players so they can start negotiating moves for them.

Interesting times ahead at Celtic I think.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Ajer and Ntchams agents have asked Celtic for valuations on the players so they can start negotiating moves for them.

Interesting times ahead at Celtic I think.
    Didn’t realise Ntcham has been there 6 years and only managed 73 league appearances. He’s a decent player but if he never plays then he’ll be no great loss.

Was Ajer not being touted for a move to Milan for a ridiculous fee? If Edouard also goes then Celtic could be looking at having an obscene amount of money for a Scottish team. How Lennon/the board spend it could see them stroll the league for years to come or potentially lose them 10 in a row.

Edit: Sky Sports said he’d been there since 2014 but it’s 2017 so he’s only been there 3 years.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 28-08-2020 at 06:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i thought ntcham was one of their better players the other night, forrest and McGregor have had their purple patches and i'l be surprised if scott brown gets next season

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Didn’t realise Ntcham has been there 6 years and only managed 73 league appearances. He’s a decent player but if he never plays then he’ll be no great loss.

Was Ajer not being touted for a move to Milan for a ridiculous fee? If Edouard also goes then Celtic could be looking at having an obscene amount of money for a Scottish team. How Lennon/the board spend it could see them stroll the league for years to come or potentially lose them 10 in a row.
    I honestly don't see it with Ajer at all. Everytime I see him he looks all over the place and a liability.

I see Liverpool have been linked with him which is just crazy IMO. Eduard is the only player they have that could play genuine top level.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 28-08-2020 at 05:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    While I agree with the majority of what you say, I’m not sure how you marry all that to the negativity you’ve afforded John Collins over the years.
    Collins was brilliant when he first arrived, i remember driving home from a Motherwell away game thinking he was the best manager since Turnbull, even though i wrote off my BMW on the way back.

Very quickly he alienated players he could not control, and as soon as he was able to bring in his own players, it was very clear those players were vastly inferior to those that left.

Now i'm not daft enough to have expected similar players to Brown, Thomson and the likes, but Alan O****in brien, kung foo terry and Brian Kerr were all bloody useless.

And dont get me started on that bloody keeper Makalamby.

One thing that Collins and Lennon have in common is they inherited a very good Hibs side which went downhill when they brought their own players in

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    One thing that Collins and Lennon have in common is they inherited a very good Hibs side which went downhill when they brought their own players in
    They both also inherited good players who were going to be very difficult to replace - but also imperfect sides with weaknesses which it should have been possible to improve.

I agree with you though - and when you assess a Hibs manager you need to look at what they inherited, how much they were backed and what they left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

Was just going to post this, add in the fact that both have large egos and an inability to man manage properly, always a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Was just going to post this, add in the fact that both have large egos and an inability to man manage properly, always a recipe for disaster.
    They’ve also both achieved enough in the game to be afforded a bit of respect though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    theres a part of me that would for him to mess up 10 in a row. He's doing a decent job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Collins was brilliant when he first arrived, i remember driving home from a Motherwell away game thinking he was the best manager since Turnbull, even though i wrote off my BMW on the way back.

Very quickly he alienated players he could not control, and as soon as he was able to bring in his own players, it was very clear those players were vastly inferior to those that left.

Now i'm not daft enough to have expected similar players to Brown, Thomson and the likes, but Alan O****in brien, kung foo terry and Brian Kerr were all bloody useless.

And dont get me started on that bloody keeper Makalamby.

We won our first trophy in years under Collins and people were calling for his head by Christmas. Lennon didn't win any trophies and people were calling for his head by Christmas

Collins lost one of the most promising group of players in years and had to replace them with a strict budget... ditto with Lennon.

Collins' final season started well and went downhill for literally three months... as did Lennon's.

Collins seemed to have an attitude problem with the players... Lennon seems to have the same problem with every team he's ever managed (even the current Celtc side).

Collins' lasting legacy was a trophy (we won 5-1) and the Training Centre that he pushed for. Lennon's was finishing fourth.

(just a different perspective )
    Last edited by Keith_M; 28-08-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Heard a clip from an interview with Lewis Stevenson on the ‘Did Ye Aye?’ Podcast about NL.

Apparently came in over an hour late, told the players “let’s get one thing ****ing straight here, this isn’t a democracy, this is a dictatorship and I’m in charge” And then put on a video of the playoff defeat to Falkirk - which he wasn’t even manager for - and absolutely slaughtered the players and lost the rag.

It’s no surprise he falls out with so many of his players and we ended up with such a toxic atmosphere if that’s his approach to management.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Heard a clip from an interview with Lewis Stevenson on the ‘Did Ye Aye?’ Podcast about NL.

Apparently came in over an hour late, told the players “let’s get one thing ****ing straight here, this isn’t a democracy, this is a dictatorship and I’m in charge” And then put on a video of the playoff defeat to Falkirk - which he wasn’t even manager for - and absolutely slaughtered the players and lost the rag.

It’s no surprise he falls out with so many of his players and we ended up with such a toxic atmosphere if that’s his approach to management.
    Link?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Lennons an ******** and doesn’t give a **** about Hibs. **** him.
    Lewis seems to agree then 😁