hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andy Halliday on Open Goal

Talks about the Cup Final from here https://youtu.be/l1elSsjrAUo?t=4635

I tuned in just for this to enjoy his tears or excuses but to be honest I thought he came across really well on all of it, I then found myself watching the rest of it and laughing along to some of his stories (Who the **** is Robbie!? ) and I even went back and watched it from the start up to the Cup Final again.

Seems like a decent, funny lad. No idea if he's still any good but I he's not quite the despicable typical hun that I thought he was.

There's a pretty funny Allan MacGregor story later on too as well as a cringey Steven Gerrard one and a good bit of Gary Bollan. Mentions for Griffiths and Cummings too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He did a thing with John McGinn in the run up to that cup final and he came across well in that too.

Snarly blokes in Sevco tops are never going to be popular around here but he's actually been very complimentary, reasonable and fair about us in interviews during his time there.

I'm glad he's come out of this quite well as for me, he's one of those "you shouldn't like but kind of do" characters.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    I watched it yesterday and agree I wanted to dislike him but was pleasantly surprised with him as said above comes over as a likeable and funny guy and would be a good laugh in the dressing room.Very fair with his comments about Hibs freely admits we deserved our cup win.

Seems a right decent lad.

Shame he ****ed it up

You get a much better impression of what players are really like on Open Goal it has to be said. I agree he seemed a decent guy and i'd say the same about all the Rangers players they've had on.

Is he out of hospital already?

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he out of hospital already?
    👏👏🏥

Could he do a job for us?? Left back?? Centre mid??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Could definately do a job for us

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    There's a pretty funny Allan MacGregor story later on too as well as a cringey Steven Gerrard one and a good bit of Gary Bollan. Mentions for Griffiths and Cummings too.
    I saw that, it was funny. Apparently he also gives MacGregor's side of the story on his sending off for kicking out at McNulty. I wanted to hear that but I wasn't willing to trawl through a 2 and a half hour interview to find it!

Decent watch, from the guy who scored the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish cup final...oh wait.

Guy’s still a joke tho. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that he won’t be signing for Hibs...
    Last edited by BegbieHSC; 23-06-2020 at 08:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Wes Foderingham made me laugh. Talking about the pitch invasion he said that our fans ruined the day for our club.

Did we, aye?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Class watch. Decent guy!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Those who think he is an ok guy after watching an interview with him still know he is a hun, a died in the wool hun, with all that entails, the songs, the bigotry, you know all the extra lovely stuff you get with huns. I'd spew a little in my mouth if he ever signed for us, but I highly doubt he would sign for a club like Hibs anyway. He may well be a 'decent' enough bloke, but I bet you anything he sang about being up to his knees in blood quite a few times through his life and I can't equate bigotry with decency... just saying.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Those who think he is an ok guy after watching an interview with him still know he is a hun, a died in the wool hun, with all that entails, the songs, the bigotry, you know all the extra lovely stuff you get with huns. I'd spew a little in my mouth if he ever signed for us, but I highly doubt he would sign for a club like Hibs anyway. He may well be a 'decent' enough bloke, but I bet you anything he sang about being up to his knees in blood quite a few times through his life and I can't equate bigotry with decency... just saying.
    Couldn't agree more. Decent human beings dont support Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    You get a much better impression of what players are really like on Open Goal it has to be said. I agree he seemed a decent guy and i'd say the same about all the Rangers players they've had on.
    Totally agree. Leigh Griffiths has a great memory for all games he’s played in and came across really well. Michael Stewart came across really well and told some great stories. Kevin Thomson came across as a very decent guy who I’m sure is painted as something he’s not in the media. I’m sure he could have been coaching at hibs if we offered him a position. Simon ferry tends to let his guests do the talking and usually gets great stories from them. Some guests don’t come across well but I’d rather concentrate on the ones I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Sometimes wonder if we're as bitter as them...

Halliday was brought up in the shadow of Ibrox, and was hardly going to support anyone else- just like his best mate... that guy Scott Allan! Then there's Greg Docherty- not a decent human being? Seemed like he was to me! I've also been assured by people who knew him that our Lewis Stevenson was also a Rangers fan as a boy along with Raith Rovers. I'm sure the list is long.

A lot of them-perhaps a big majority are awful people, but just plain wrong to say none of them are decent human beings.

Halliday was brought up in the shadow of Ibrox, and was hardly going to support anyone else- just like his best mate... that guy Scott Allan! Then there's Greg Docherty- not a decent human being? Seemed like he was to me! I've also been assured by people who knew him that our Lewis Stevenson was also a Rangers fan as a boy along with Raith Rovers. I'm sure the list is long.

A lot of them-perhaps a big majority are awful people, but just plain wrong to say none of them are decent human beings.
    Is Lewis a match going, fenian hating, statue defending, rabid hun? Those are the ones are awful people. Halliday certainly seems to be one of those. Scott Allan isn't, he joined Celtic.

I know plenty.

Just like I know good people that support Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen.. you name it.

What team you support isn’t an indication of whether you’re a good person or not imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I know plenty.

Just like I know good people that support Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen.. you name it.

What team you support isn’t an indication of whether you’re a good person or not imo.
    Of course it's not, that kind of mentality is what gives football a bad name sometimes.

Is Lewis a match going, fenian hating, statue defending, rabid hun? Those are the ones are awful people. Halliday certainly seems to be one of those. Scott Allan isn't, he joined Celtic.
    A few million more huns didn’t go out defending statues than the few hundred who did.

Not excusing the few hundred wallopers but just adding a bit of perspective when we’re talking about the pastime of watching football.
    Last edited by Smartie; 24-06-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Utter bollocks. I know loads of decent well educated & anti sectarian (seriously) The Rangers supporters.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

I think that’s the first time any of us will have heard of LS being a Hun. Can’t see it as he’s a good human being.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I still think he would be a good signing for us.

You missed out Gordon Hunter.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Utter bollocks. I know loads of decent well educated & anti sectarian (seriously) The Rangers supporters.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I know plenty.

Me too

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    What absolute nonsense.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I think that’s the first time any of us will have heard of LS being a Hun. Can’t see it as he’s a good human being.
    I thought that was common knowledge ? I honestly heard that about 12 years ago

Halliday went to Renfrew High, his local team is St. Mirren.