hibs.net Messageboard

The game that kept St Mirren in the SPFL

Thought that there's been enough threads about Hertz, so how about we think about the St Mirren angle in all of this.

Amazing to think this one game turned out to be pivotal in St Mirren staying in the league. Had St Mirren lost it, they would have been

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eugk7Nl_8XE

However, watching that game again, there was no way the Hertz were going to win it. If these are the highlights, then the Hertz must have been pretty woeful. Instead, the Saints showed much more endeavour and creativity.

Amazing that with hindsight, that game turned out to be so pivotal with the loser being relegated. Pleasing!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Knowing Hearts they will still find a way to blame someone else. It's the hearts way.

What a woeful free kick they lost possession for the goal

Blog Entries
    And the beauty of it is it was last senior game played anywhere. Only Hearts could take 4 points from us & Motherwell & yet after St M game they were further adrift than before our game. As the guy on KB said, that my friends is Karma!

Still a faking disgrace they beat us twice at home this season.

Should be forever known as the 2019/2020 relegation play off final. St. Mirren’s convincing victory consigning Hearts to Scottish football’s second tier. Someone should add commentary to those highlights, add some player interviews and fans reactions. Could maybe produce special edition DVD with added extra of the 2013 league cup final to boot.

What’s weird is they would have known the potential significance of that game going into it (was already lots of talk of games being suspended due to Covid) yet they still turned in such a limp display! 😂 Their performances against the weaker teams give me cause for optimism that it might not necessarily be straight back up for them 🤞🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s weird is they would have known the potential significance of that game going into it (was already lots of talk of games being suspended due to Covid) yet they still turned in such a limp display! 😂 Their performances against the weaker teams give me cause for optimism that it might not necessarily be straight back up for them 🤞🏻
    I think they could ‘do a Sunderland’ and struggle, especially if they retain their current manager. Although if he’s sensible he’ll try to get a job in Germany.
    Last edited by Clarence; 16-05-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Should be forever known as the 2019/2020 relegation play off final. St. Mirren’s convincing victory consigning Hearts to Scottish football’s second tier. Someone should add commentary to those highlights, add some player interviews and fans reactions. Could maybe produce special edition DVD with added extra of the 2013 league cup final to boot.
    I had completely forgotten about that 2013 final. I remember seeing all the buses leaving and all their chat about playing 'a diddy team' and 'cups in the bag'. Fast forward a few hours and it was 'just a wee cup anyway' and 'it would have hurt more if it had been the Scottish'.

You can see why St Mirren have left them with some pretty big issues.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    I was thinking the same. The most annoying thing regards the so called unfairness of them being relegated is virtually every one of them thought they were down after that game. They have won only 4 games all season so how the hell were they going to avoid relegation. I know it’s not the best way to decide the leagues but it’s the only way it can be done. They have struggled against teams around them in the league, those like st mirren and Hamilton who are used to relegation battles. All the nonsense coming from Gorgie about the maroon pound is merely deflecting how terrible there team has been as has been from sevco. Deflecting their own inadequacy. I won’t celebrate their relegation and do feel sorry for thistle. The fact is they had one game to save themselves at Paisley and were outplayed. Inconvenient facts but the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Still a faking disgrace they beat us twice at home this season.
    Yeah people seem to forget that

🎶 heart of Midlothian, it’s never your fault 🎶
    I wonder if we could turn that into a chant next season...
    To the same tune of “Glasgow Rangers, you let your club die”
    Last edited by sauzee=legend; 16-05-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I had completely forgotten about that 2013 final. I remember seeing all the buses leaving and all their chat about playing 'a diddy team' and 'cups in the bag'. Fast forward a few hours and it was 'just a wee cup anyway' and 'it would have hurt more if it had been the Scottish'.

Aye, there was one bus that didn't get a run out that day though

YamsBus.jpg

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

PB your usually quite good at these things, but remember in 2004 we were in the same frame of mind, it was turn up for the cup!!!
    I ended up standing on Almondale Boulivard watching Livi parading the cup???
    These things happen, and to all different types of teams!!!

We knighted Sir Albert Kidd for his contribution to ****s n giggles, so how about we award Jonathan Obika an OHE (Order of the Hibee Empire)?

The reason he doesn't get the Knighthood is while well funny it cannae match the joy Sir Albert brought all those years ago.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    PB your usually quite good at these things, but remember in 2004 we were in the same frame of mind, it was turn up for the cup!!!
    I ended up standing on Almondale Boulivard watching Livi parading the cup???
    These things happen, and to all different types of teams!!!
    The victory bus driven by former Hibby Benny Brazil.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    We knighted Sir Albert Kidd for his contribution to ****s n giggles, so how about we award Jonathan Obika an OHE (Order of the Hibee Empire)?

The reason he doesn't get the Knighthood is while well funny it cannae match the joy Sir Albert brought all those years ago.
    I wonder if we’ll be talking about Jon Obika in 34 years time like we do with Sir Albert? Maybe not quite worthy of a day in his honour but certainly worth an OHE or an MHE.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Yeah people seem to forget that
    Not much chance to forget it is there, really?

Never let them forget that their fate was in their own hands but they couldn’t beat the buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    I wonder if we’ll be talking about Jon Obika in 34 years time like we do with Sir Albert? Maybe not quite worthy of a day in his honour but certainly worth an OHE or an MHE.
    Looks like we might have ourselves a chant for the semi final.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=372308596993660&_rdr