hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: TICKET OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CHANGES

2. Log in to remove the advert

So £1.50 added onto the cost per ticket for away games or is it per transaction?

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    It's not very mobile responsive, I can't see the costs unless I switch to desktop mode.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So £1.50 added onto the cost per ticket for away games or is it per transaction?
    Per ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    It's not very mobile responsive, I can't see the costs unless I switch to desktop mode.
    Yip same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Per ticket.
    So a family of four going to Tynecastle would have another £6 added on top of the already over the top priced tickets.

If it was per transaction I could accept/understand but per ticket is taking the michael.

Take for example going to Perth where you get two free kids tickets the price shoots up from £17 for me and two kids to £21.50.

So a family of four going to Tynecastle would have another £6 added on top of the already over the top priced tickets.

If it was per transaction I could accept/understand but per ticket is taking the michael.

Taking for example going to Perth where you get two free kids tickets the price shoots up from £17 for me and two kids to £21.50.
    It's frustrating but Hibs make a loss on selling you or I a ticket for an away game currently. Ticketmaster and admin costs are currently absorbed by Hibs. Hopefully this can be balanced with away teams offering a print at home or mobile ticketing system moving forward.

It's less of an issue for home matches because there is a profit made on the sale of a home ticket..

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's frustrating but Hibs make a loss on selling you or I a ticket for an away game currently. Ticketmaster and admin costs are currently absorbed by Hibs. Hopefully this can be balanced with away teams offering a print at home or mobile ticketing system moving forward.
    I can't see it happening with many clubs having a different system and it would be abused by fans of certain teams (Can you imagine the carnage with Rangers fans having print at home tickets for Easter Road & Tynecastle?)

Also I can see this leading to people trying to pick up away tickets on matchdays to avoid the £1.50 fee per ticket which could lead to massive queues.

Also I wonder if this affects away season ticket holders till the end of the season?

@hibs.net private member
    I stopped going to as many gigs back in the day when these charges started appearing - granted they were significant more but you could argue a similar percentage of the overall ticket price.

It might just be me but for some reason I shy away from paying them.

@hibs.net private member

Also I can see this leading to people trying to pick up away tickets on matchdays to avoid the £1.50 fee per ticket which could lead to massive queues.
    This is what I expect and quite honestly will do myself.

@hibs.net private member

Take for example going to Perth where you get two free kids tickets the price shoots up from £17 for me and two kids to £21.50.
    20% surcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This is what I expect and quite honestly will do myself.
    I plan on either doing that as the price of football is too high without adding another extra cost on top.

As I've said £1.50 per transaction is fine but per ticket is a rip off and I can't see how they can justify it.

@hibs.net private member
    I plan on either doing that as the price of football is too high without adding another extra cost on top.

As I've said £1.50 per transaction is fine but per ticket is a rip off and I can't see how they can justify it.
    I think I will have to miss the Dundee Utd game now, there is no point moaning about it to then go and pay it and as I live in Ayrshire I won't be passing the ticket office any time before then.

@hibs.net private member

The justification is that it costs Hibs per ticket.

I asked this question on the previous thread about this and nobody replied - either nobody knew or didn’t think it important. So, here we go again.......

If you buy a ticket online for a home friendly, European or League/Scottish Cup game, will we still be charged £1-50 if the ‘add access to season ticket card’ option is chosen?

I appreciate it doesn’t happen that many times in a season but it’s not 100% clear in the list of charges. Genuinely, if nobody on the forum knows, then please say. I guess a phone call to the ticket office will confirm one way or the other.

Does anybody else in the league charge an admin fee for purchasing an away ticket?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    I asked this question on the previous thread about this and nobody replied - either nobody knew or didn’t think it important. So, here we go again.......

If you buy a ticket online for a home friendly, European or League/Scottish Cup game, will we still be charged £1-50 if the ‘add access to season ticket card’ option is chosen?

I appreciate it doesn’t happen that many times in a season but it’s not 100% clear in the list of charges. Genuinely, if nobody on the forum knows, then please say. I guess a phone call to the ticket office will confirm one way or the other.
    I'd pop down In Person rather than calling the premium rate number...

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Does anybody else in the league charge an admin fee for purchasing an away ticket?
    Rangers and Celtic used to charge the home club a fee for selling the tickets on their behalf. Hibs sold directly to both sets of fans for a spell rather than pay it.

I assume they no longer do this.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

If it’s your own seat and added to your card there won’t be a charge. No charge for print at home ticket for home games either. It’s fairly clear to be honest.
    Last edited by greenlex; 04-01-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Is the £1.50 charge not just for home tickets eg for the Dundee Utd game the only additional charge is if you use the phone to order. There is no reference to an additional charge (other than postage) for tickets bought online.

They seem to be encouraging people to use print at home or mobile tickets for home games and they would not be able to do that for away games.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Is it possible to add your season ticket as an e-ticket on your phone. No 1 son manages to forget his card a couple of times a season but is never separated from his phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

Official Site: TICKET OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Is it possible to add your season ticket as an e-ticket on your phone. No 1 son manages to forget his card a couple of times a season but is never separated from his phone.

Don’t think so. But the office have printed a ticket for my seat for me a few times at no cost ....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Don’t think so. But the office have printed a ticket for my seat for me a few times at no cost ....
    Reprinting a ticket when you've forgotten your season ticket will now cost £1.50.

But printing them at home or the office etc remains free. Almost everybody must either have, or have a family member/pal with access to, a printer no?

I seem to remember folk saying the online system we have with Ticketmaster for the last derby was much quicker/better than the previous big game. That improvement won't have come for free to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

Take a photo of the QR code. That should Scan. (Try it next time but make sure you’ve got your card too). Another thing may be issues with phone sizes not fitting under the scanner. Worth a try. The old barcode scanned from phones no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by poulton hibs View Post
    Is the £1.50 charge not just for home tickets eg for the Dundee Utd game the only additional charge is if you use the phone to order. There is no reference to an additional charge (other than postage) for tickets bought online.

They seem to be encouraging people to use print at home or mobile tickets for home games and they would not be able to do that for away games.
    I don’t think so. The charge is for getting a physical ticket via ticket master or the ticket office. Obviously all away tickets need to be physical. All home tickets can either be added to your card( mobile ticket ) or printed at home at no extra cost. That’s how I read it anyway.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

There is no charge for adding a cup game or other game to your ST card.

Sadly just another poor change in the fan experience from Hibs recently. Dempster seriously undoing a lot of the good she changed at the start

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Take a photo of the QR code. That should Scan. (Try it next time but make sure you’ve got your card too). Another thing may be issues with phone sizes not fitting under the scanner. Worth a try. The old barcode scanned from phones no problem.
    Done. Tried to get the photo the same size as the card so and will hopefully remember to try it at the Hamilton game