hibs.net Messageboard

Page 255 of 484 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 14514
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People need to stop pretending that League Cup games - one of only two things we can realistically win - aren’t proper games.

They are, but they are also unhelpfully early as far as the transfer window goes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If it's true he's hardly going to come out and say publicly that he's not happy.
    True, would he feel the need to say anything at all though? I can’t see the benefits that would have.

Good to see moat off out signings being 2 or 3 year deals. I'm surprised however that we haven't utilised the loan market more.
    Maybe that's a sign tha Heckingbottom does like to develop players and he'd rather develop our own players than someone else's

@hibs.net private member
    SPFL choosing a strange GIF to use captioned “running in to the weekend like....” with Cummings celebrating scoring for us against the Huns

Best to shut this thread down now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...eporting-story

Done and dusted he says.

We badly need another option up top. Forgetting injuries, as it stands shaw will be the one we turn to on the bench if we are struggling? Not enough imo.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    We badly need another option up top. Forgetting injuries, as it stands shaw will be the one we turn to on the bench if we are struggling? Not enough imo.
    Agree, still a bit light up front.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post

Done and dusted he says.
    If you believe that you'll believe anything. 100 percent at least 2 more coming in.

It's not over until the deadline day statement saying all business is done

Everyone knows this.

There is a month and a bit to go until the window closes. We will be bringing in at least another 2.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I actually think what he’s said is true

I think there’ll be a couple outgoings and he knows this

Then there’ll be another two or three in

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    We play with one up front (which we probably will anyway)

If they both get injured then we’d play Shaw and have Boyle as a back up striker.

A bigger concern for me is Vela. If he gets injured then we’ve nobody to step in and play that position. There is people we can put in there but none that are actually any good at linking defence to midfield.

Could be a big season for the youngsters.
    The bit in bold is spot on.
    I think we still need another CM for the starting XI week in week out and that's without Vela being injured.

Put it this way Vela, without kicking a ball, is probably the first name down on the team sheet due to being the only proper player we have in that position given PH doesn't appear to like Slivka.

I reckon if Vela is injured then we're probably looking at makeshift midfielders for the team.
    We shouldn't be in that position in the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    True, would he feel the need to say anything at all though? I can’t see the benefits that would have.
    He can't not say anything though can he? He's asked at the press conference are you happy with the recruitment this summer, what is he meant to say? I won't comment on that or no comment ect? The press would pick up on that in a second. It's easier just to tow the party line and say he's happy and will go with what he's got if need be.

I'd be amazed if we don't make at least 1more significant signing before the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    The bit in bold is spot on.
    I think we still need another CM for the starting XI week in week out and that's without Vela being injured.

Put it this way Vela, without kicking a ball, is probably the first name down on the team sheet due to being the only proper player we have in that position given PH doesn't appear to like Slivka.

I reckon if Vela is injured then we're probably looking at makeshift midfielders for the team.
    We shouldn't be in that position in the transfer window.
    Could not agree more, was about to write an identical post.

Hecky says we have 2 for every position, I'd say we have no backup for Vela unless it's a makeshift one. And we haven't even seen Vela play yet! Another quality CM still top of the list for requirements.

Done and dusted he says.
    ...but that's not what he said though is it. He has not ruled out additional signings. Read the whole text not just the first few sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    The interview about being done and dusted isn’t what I wanted to hear at all. Done very well within the budget? Can’t really see it at this time.
    It's far too early to judge if the signings have been decent or not but I am disappointed massively if that's us done tbh...I hope he is playing a game of bluff

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Done and dusted he says.

Do you honestly believe that?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Good to see moat off out signings being 2 or 3 year deals. I'm surprised however that we haven't utilised the loan market more.
    Maybe that's a sign tha Heckingbottom does like to develop players and he'd rather develop our own players than someone else's
    Heckingbottom has addressed this over the summer. It seems he believed that we had too many loan signings when he joined and that we are now building for the longer term.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-loan-16547644

Reading between the lines I think this is Heckie talk for unless Omeonga & McNulty become affordable to us we are not actively pursuing anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Reading between the lines I think this is Heckie talk for unless Omeonga & McNulty become affordable to us we are not actively pursuing anyone else.
    I agree or unless any specific targets become more available or if anyone was to depart.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Exactly. He scored an absolute barrel load of big goals for us. On top of that he scored a good amount in general. The idea that he isn’t good enough just doesn’t add up to me. Thank god we weren’t so quick to write off Scott Allan who has failed at every single club other than Hibs.
    He has a good scoring record against big teams and a decent record in big games in general but it's not a barrel load.
    His main goal tally is in the lower division however.

Like with most of the stuff on here it's more a shade of gray than black and white.

He's a decent striker who has shown that he can score in big games and has a good cup record during his time with Hibs but who there are also question marks over due to his league scoring record being only in the second flight in Scotland and having failed to make an impact at other clubs.

Those saying not good enough are judging him harshly but equally those talking him up like he's a slam dunk for 15-20 goals in the league are also probably wide of the mark.

The other two bits that bug me are a focus on being a Scottish Cup Winner - so was Conrad Logan who I love but wouldn't fall over myself to re-sign - and "being a match for a club".
    We've had examples of both players working out and players not. Cummings I suspect might work out for us but it wouldn't be because of some special bond....it'd be his natural confidence which is a lot of what we got from McNulty when he arrived and what he lost after the bad miss in the internationals.

And if we get him and he hits 20 I'll be f'ing delighted by the way.

Some of u may know better but at the moment I believe that until the official website has a story which includes a sentence along the lines of 'this concludes our signings this window' we are open for business. That would be in accord with PH statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Heckingbottom has addressed this over the summer. It seems he believed that we had too many loan signings when he joined and that we are now building for the longer term.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-loan-16547644
    I understand that, he is also on record as saying the loan market is a market we could utilise.
    I'm happy with our long term strategy, just surprised we haven't got a player or 2 in that may have been outwith our normal budget but would make our squad better

[QUOTE=The Leith Dutch;5850895]He has a good scoring record against big teams and a decent record in big games in general but it's not a barrel load.
    His main goal tally is in the lower division however.

Like with most of the stuff on here it's more a shade of gray than black and white.

He's a decent striker who has shown that he can score in big games and has a good cup record during his time with Hibs but who there are also question marks over due to his league scoring record being only in the second flight in Scotland and having failed to make an impact at other clubs.

Those saying not good enough are judging him harshly but equally those talking him up like he's a slam dunk for 15-20 goals in the league are also probably wide of the mark.

The other two bits that bug me are a focus on being a Scottish Cup Winner - so was Conrad Logan who I love but wouldn't fall over myself to re-sign - and "being a match for

Iam not a fan I always thought his preferred option is to shhot hard but straight at goalies like hes playing a computer game. Butcher was bad for him imo. PH might ne better for him or atleast the assistants might be. Imo he has failed at all other clubs and might do ok with us having had more experience. Still not a big fan though.

Difficult one really mate, I suppose it comes down to opinions and after the new signings have played a few games for us. If they turn out to be good/decent signings then less loan deals needed. But if the new signings are ***** and the manager has given them all 2 and 3 year contracts then we probably would need to go down the loan deal route more frequently as he wouldn't have much more money to spend. And if the loan deals were also ***** I would imagine Ron/Leeanne would probably have a whip round for his taxi money.

It's too early to know whether we need more players, we'll probably know more after the 1st few games of the league season.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I understand that, he is also on record as saying the loan market is a market we could utilise.
    I'm happy with our long term strategy, just surprised we haven't got a player or 2 in that may have been outwith our normal budget but would make our squad better
    The window isn’t finished yet?

Managers don’t always tell the truth

We’ll see another couple

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    More bluff.

Unless he's given official first team squad places to a Campbell or a Sadiki or a Gullan, then there's still two to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    We need another striker. Doidge or Flo gets injured then what
    That logic can't just apply to anything, though. Gray got injured in 2018, we figured it out and Boyle/Ambrose covered. If a player gets injured another will play. Shaw is a very decent option for a few weeks, not worried if he has to cover at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    More bluff.

Unless he's given official first team squad places to a Campbell or a Sadiki or a Gullan, then there's still two to come.
    Hope so really fancied a forward a wide man and another CM

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    More bluff.

agreed. and we havent used the loan marhet ..gk excepted...and that will hot up once the enflish window gets close to xlosing early next month. keep the faith and take the talk in the papers for what it is..really a bit of a non story in reality!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That logic can't just apply to anything, though. Gray got injured in 2018, we figured it out and Boyle/Ambrose covered. If a player gets injured another will play. Shaw is a very decent option for a few weeks, not worried if he has to cover at all.
    Imo if shaw has to cover us for a few weeks then we are muddling through rather than having a good option. We need more