hibs.net Messageboard

Page 195 of 484 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 14514
    The Record also reported Maclaren wasn't coming last summer. Look how that turned out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

McInness will be playing him like a fiddle. Moving to new state of the art stadium, playing in Europe every season, cup finals etc. Sounds much better than not being able to attract 10k season ticket holders, one or two European qualifiers and one trophy since 1995 i guess

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really need to start beating Aberdeen on the park as our record against them since promotion has been *****. They get on my nerves. Another season of them scraping out *****y time wasting 1 goal wins at Easter road can't happen.
    Until we can compete with them financially McInnes will just do the usual - kick the **** out of us, score a flukey goal and play 6 defenders for half an hour. They have the financial muscle to do it and unless Gordon is prepared to invest in the squad we can all just prepare ourselves for it because it will happen time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    We really need to start beating Aberdeen on the park as our record against them since promotion has been *****. They get on my nerves. Another season of them scraping out *****y time wasting 1 goal wins at Easter road can't happen.
    Yup. The kick us all over the park. Play to get the one goal needed then park the bus and use every sneaky move in the book. I would honestly hate if we played like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Sounds like the DR (and I) have jumped the gun again.

We still have plenty time before the season starts to identify a backup. At least we're identifying this as a problem position.
    We’ve got about 22 hours until the season starts!

Now I fully expect us to take care of our league cup group but I’ll be disappointed if we don’t have a midfielder in for at least a couple of those games so they’re up to speed for the league season starting.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    12 seasons as a pro, played more than 30 games in only 4 of them, the only time buzz has been created around him was after he ascended to the lofty heights of S****horpe.

So either:

1. Doesn't get picked much
    2. Gets picked and gets injured a lot
    3. His standout season that has caught our eye is at English 3rd Division level.
    4. The last time he played at Europa League level (the level we're told we should be achieving each season) was a decade ago.
    5. He's 28 next month.
    Out of interest, which was his good season at Scunny 17/18 or 18/19? Last player I can remember moving from Scunny to the Scottish Premiership was Gary Hopper and he did very well. Surprised Hibs fans turn their nose up at that level but hey ho.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Raging? As strong as that?

I’ll be a little miffed but we move on ffs
    If he wants to come to E R fine .If not we move on. we want players who want to be here.Im sure Hecky has a plan B .Hopefully we won't need plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Raging? As strong as that?

I’ll be a little miffed but we move on ffs
    Yes.

Not at the club though, at this little ****** for stringing us along and choosing another team ahead of us at the last minute

It would be pretty disappointing if a guy who is clearly a key target ends up at a rival.

If we have made him the best offer we can and Aberdeen out muscle us financially there isn't really much we can do though. It's disappointing, annoying and various other things but there is no magic money tree. Aberdeen have more money than us so these things will happen.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Yes.

Not at the club though, at this little ****** for stringing us along and choosing another team ahead of us at the last minute
    He's not even signed yet.

Plus he's got a right to choose who he wants. I'm sure Hibs would be equally brutal with him if it suited us.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Yes.

Aye that’s fair enough but wouldn’t go as far as raging

As long as when he comes to ER one of our players let’s them know they’re there

Sure we will find out soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love what hecky said in the interview, offered a good deal but it's up to the player to buy into what the others in the squad have done. Not just a financial desicion to make

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Sure we will find out soon enough!

Indeed. He hasn’t signed for anyone yet. Just weighing up his options which I don’t see what the problem is unless he had given his word to Heckingbottom that he was definitely coming and to try and get some something sorted with s***thorpe

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It would be pretty disappointing if a guy who is clearly a key target ends up at a rival.

If we have made him the best offer we can and Aberdeen out muscle us financially there isn't really much we can do though. It's disappointing, annoying and various other things but there is no magic money tree. Aberdeen have more money than us so these things will happen.
    It’s time the board addressed the fact that Aberdeen have more money than us. We are turning up in bigger numbers than Aberdeen fans and are entitled to ask why it’s 6 years since we finished above them.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Whether folk like Lennon or not, and I did, his record at the end was indefensible. He'd run out of ideas and probably worked his ticket.

I don't know what others feel but Lennon is the only manager we've had in decades who got angry at our underachievement. We were rarely unlucky according to him, he were either good enough or not good enough and not good enough was completely unacceptable to him.

He was also a bit radge, which is always a plus.

As we've discussed, Heckingbottom turned us round. Credit where it's due. He did so getting results that I'd expect any Hibs manager to get.

When we had to beat the bigger teams, (one who still smaller than us) we didn't, bar Hearts.

I want Hibs to win under any manager and any eleven that's on the park in the jersey. That doesn't mean blind support though.

I don't like the signings bar Scott Allan so far and I'm not impressed when I hear the manager speak or see his team play.

Unlike you, others can't debate that. When an opinon differs from their opinion, they attack. It's all they are capable of. That's social media in 2019.

With regard to aspirational signings, we didn't have money in the Miller days, quite the opposite and we could still attract quality players to the club. Stubbs and Lennon could do it once or twice too. I haven't seen evidence of that from Heckingbottom yet.
    My biggest disagreement with you was your comment about the manager’s eye for a player based on pre-season warm-ups. It’s a foolhardy and hasty comment to make at this early stage. We’ve not played a competitive game yet. If the new signings still haven’t fired after a few months your pish may become a bit more palatable. If these guys turn out to be stars your earlier comment will look even more outlandish.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Love what hecky said in the interview, offered a good deal but it's up to the player to buy into what the others in the squad have done. Not just a financial desicion to make
    This. You either want to be here or you don't. Your choice. But we move on to players who want to be here, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s time the board addressed the fact that Aberdeen have more money than us. We are turning up in bigger numbers than Aberdeen fans and are entitled to ask why it’s 6 years since we finished above them.

This isn't an issue about money. Its whether or not a player wants to buy into our philosophy of playing football or into McInnes philosphy of kicking anything that moves. Simples

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Given some of the noises our new owner is making it think its an important point to keep in mind. This is not a criticism of RG but to keep with Aberdeen we need to match or better their offers. A new training centre won't be enough.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Ojo might still sign on here. If not, I hope we go for a more dynamic, box to box alternative. The same money would get Jamie Lindsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    He's not even signed yet.

Plus he's got a right to choose who he wants. I'm sure Hibs would be equally brutal with him if it suited us.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
    He does have a right, but where we’re Aberdeen before it all came out about his contract and he agreed to join us? He clearly wasn’t first choice for them as they were chasing McGeouch.

I would suggest he’s signing for Aberdeen before he’s travelling up to speak to them at this time on a Friday. Must have heard enough on the phone to want to go there and I would imagine it would just be the formality left.

If he spoke with hibs today and was genuinely happy and excited he would have signed, he would have had a rough idea What Aberdeen’s offer was without going up.

He does have a right, but where we’re Aberdeen before it all came out about his contract and he agreed to join us? He clearly wasn’t first choice for them as they were chasing McGeouch.

I would suggest he’s signing for Aberdeen before he’s travelling up to speak to them at this time on a Friday. Must have heard enough on the phone to want to go there and I would imagine it would just be the formality left.

If he spoke with hibs today and was genuinely happy and excited he would have signed, he would have had a rough idea What Aberdeen’s offer was without going up.
    I think after missing out on DMcG Aberdeen have chucked cash at this guy in terms of wages, probably wasn’t even a target for them until they seen us linked.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This. You either want to be here or you don't. Your choice. But we move on to players who want to be here, either way.
    I want to play for Hibs and would do for nowt but I’m crap and 64. Think the criteria needs to be more than if someone is willing to sign for us

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I want to play for Hibs and would do for nowt but I’m crap and 64. Think the criteria needs to be more than if someone is willing to sign for us
    I remember the last time we built a team of players who weren’t overly fussed if they were here or not. We got spanked 5-1 in a cup final and relegation soon followed.

I want players who actually want to be here not players who’re just happy enough to pick up a wage every week

I will be raging if he goes to Aberdeen, mainly because Hecky clearly really wants him.

What I will say is Iv never seen him play, but he doesn’t appear to be coming across the best.

Confusion over contract
    refusing to train
    handing in transfer request
    changing club he had already agreed a deal with

Maybe a bit of an attitude problem.
    The refusing to train bit was bad patter in my book. Shows a lack of professionalism and arrogance. I don’t know anything about the guy but that kind of behaviour doesn’t paint him in a good light.
    Last edited by tamig; 12-07-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Seems we have done Aberdeens scouting for them

Exactly. All that chat is just BS for the fans. Only criteria that really matters is if a player is good enough.

On McNulty...

“We can’t get it done at the minute,” Heckingbottom confirmed. “It’ll cost too much money. We’re not in a position to do it because either we’ve not got enough finance or what they’re asking is too much.

“If either of those change then maybe."

Quote Originally Posted by Obscene Omeonga View Post
    On McNulty...

“We can’t get it done at the minute,” Heckingbottom confirmed. “It’ll cost too much money. We’re not in a position to do it because either we’ve not got enough finance or what they’re asking is too much.

“If either of those change then maybe."
    Is that him asking upstairs for more money?

Coaching Staff
    I'm understanding your point, but my comment was about professional footballers that we offer contracts to - they want to come or not - I wasn't remotely referring to any body that could, should or would consider playing for the mighty Hibees.

BTW, I'm 64 too! And female. And I'd play for the Hibees if they asked me!