hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 241 to 265 of 265
  1. #241
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,332
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather stick thanks.
    Running with the pontoon analogy, McInnes would be like twisting on 17 when you know the aces and twos are gone from the pack.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #242
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,766
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or, the players got themselves up for a big Semi Final, then went right back to where they were in the next league game.
    Genuinely didn't think we were that bad yesterday actually thought we were good first half just done by awful goal and red card.

  4. #243
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,766
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 3-1 home defeat to Hearts was the pre-cursor to all his criticism and lack of big game credentials.
    Nonsense

  5. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Running with the pontoon analogy, McInnes would be like twisting on 17 when you know the aces and twos are gone from the pack.
    The McInnes shout is only so he can moan about the poor standard of football.

  6. #245
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís a results driven business. The cons are outweighing the pros for me.
    I know that but hopefully you are wrong and we don't panic at the first sign of poor form especially after just reaching our second final on the trot blowing away the league champions. His record at Hibs clearly imo outweighs his cons.

  7. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 3-1 home defeat to Hearts was the pre-cursor to all his criticism and lack of big game credentials.
    I started the jack Ross in big games thread and it was not after the 3-1 hearts defeat at home.

    He's also proven since he is very capable in games both big and small. Binning him would be a mistake. He'll turn this round.

  8. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started the jack Ross in big games thread and it was not after the 3-1 hearts defeat at home.

    He's also proven since he is very capable in games both big and small. Binning him would be a mistake. He'll turn this round.
    Iím genuinely conflicted about whether heís the right man any more.

    I think he probably deserves the chance to turn it around but Iím not sure how long that chance extends. Sunday came from nowhere really. Otherwise, Iím not seeing a great deal to make me think anything is turning. We canít score goals.

  9. #248
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    61
    Posts
    10,240
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Derek McInnes
    Nobody agrees, Derek.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  10. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím genuinely conflicted about whether heís the right man any more.

    I think he probably deserves the chance to turn it around but Iím not sure how long that chance extends. Sunday came from nowhere really. Otherwise, Iím not seeing a great deal to make me think anything is turning. We canít score goals.
    Maybe Sunday was us turning it around. Last night, as an individual game, was no disaster. A rubbish result away on a Wednesday night, missed chances. It happens. A very rare defeat away from home under Ross. We'll win this weekend.

  11. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5 defeats in a row in the league. Potentially looking at 7 now no Doidge or Boyle. This has to be our worst run of form since we all know when.

    Sunday was great and the manager and the players got the praise they all fully deserved but we canít go on like this.

    Iím not sitting here calling for the manager to be sacked this isnít exactly a Ross out thread but if this run continues then surely the club will have no choice but to sack him or we could be in real trouble which is a very scary thought.

    Itís also confusing because Sunday showed we can perform to a much higher level. Yes we had an awful summer window and that no doubt has a part to play in this but ultimately the players that are still here are more than good enough to get results needed.
    I think the squad is underachieving and the buck stops at the manager. Whether it's bad luck or bad management is something only time will tell but Ron doesn't strike me as a wait and see character. I think that if there is no improvement in the next few weeks, Jack Ross will be in an extremely precarious position, particularly so since we now have an obvious caretaker manager at the club in Steve Kean.

  12. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasnít really criticising him. Just pointing out that we werenít 11th when he came in. Weíll never know where weíd have finished had the season been played to completion, would probably have been determined by that St Johnstone game. We werenít steadily climbing by the time the season was stopped though, hadnít won in three and the last two games we got pumped by Hearts and Aberdeen.
    But before those 2 pumpings we were steadily climbing the table ok....

  13. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But before those 2 pumpings we were steadily climbing the table ok....
    Weíd climbed from where he took over but then dropped a bit again. Enough problems to discuss currently without going in to all that though. As I said, my intention wasnít really to criticise him for what he did at that point in time, we did clearly improve I just thought that initial improvement was more modest than others did.

  14. #253
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Sunday was us turning it around. Last night, as an individual game, was no disaster. A rubbish result away on a Wednesday night, missed chances. It happens. A very rare defeat away from home under Ross. We'll win this weekend.
    I really hope we do but I'm not sure where you are getting the confidence from that we'll beat St Johnstone. A team we have a terrible record against and we'll be without our best player.

  15. #254
    Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like "Sunday was papering over the cracks" is the new "doesn't win big games".

    Na its more like "doesn't win wee games" now

  16. #255
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít agree with your last sentence.

    His job is safe until the cup final at least, I genuinely think we could lose every game between now and then and he wonít get sacked.

    Once the cup final is out the road is when pressure will start to build of league form doesnít improve IMO.
    This post could have been made a couple of years ago when Heckingbottom was here!

    I like JR but I think heís pretty much already on the way out.

    If we lose the final I and a few more league games next month, I think heíll be gone in January.

  17. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope we do but I'm not sure where you are getting the confidence from that we'll beat St Johnstone. A team we have a terrible record against and we'll be without our best player.
    St Johnstone are terrible, we're not. No reason we cant win.

  18. #257
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Johnstone are terrible, we're not. No reason we cant win.
    Let's hope so.

  19. #258
    Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Johnstone are terrible, we're not. No reason we cant win.

    totally agree and we should be going into the game with positive thoughts.

  20. #259
    Saturday is the first league game in a long time that i don't fancy us to get something. In saying that i thought we would lose on Sunday

  21. #260
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    totally agree and we should be going into the game with positive thoughts.
    I am planning a full 12 minute mindfulness session to flood Jack and the boys with positive thoughts, i think we all should

  22. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and we're on an 8 or 9 match losing streak then he'll be on a very shoogly peg.

    Not many managers can afford to lose that many consecutive league games and still keep their job.
    An eight or nine match losing run? Have we ever had a run as bad as that? Surely we'll pick up a point or two somewhere although it's hard to see where. With the team we're likely to be putting out in Perth it's hard to see past another grim 1-0 type defeat, while Rangers will be well fired up for revenge next week.

    Out of interest, anyone know what our worst ever run of league results is? In living memory I'm guessing it must have come under Butcher, Duffy or Turnbull (ie relegation seasons).

  23. #262
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An eight or nine match losing run? Have we ever had a run as bad as that? Surely we'll pick up a point or two somewhere although it's hard to see where. With the team we're likely to be putting out in Perth it's hard to see past another grim 1-0 type defeat, while Rangers will be well fired up for revenge next week.

    Out of interest, anyone know what our worst ever run of league results is? In living memory I'm guessing it must have come under Butcher, Duffy or Turnbull (ie relegation seasons).
    Looking at the league table at the start of January 2014 it's still hard to believe how we ended up getting relegated. That must be the worst run of form in the 2nd half of the season in the club's history. Quite unbelievable that run.

    https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/comphist_tables_onday.php?played=2014-01-13&played_dp=1&played_year_start=128&played_year_e nd=2021&played_mon=&played_da1=128-06-01&played_da2=2021-11-24&played_sna=1&played_aut=&played_frm=&played_tar =&played_inp=1&played_fmt=d-M-Y&played_day=13&played_month=01&played_year=2014&s ubmit=Submit

  24. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at the league table at the start of January 2014 it's still hard to believe how we ended up getting relegated. That must be the worst run of form in the 2nd half of the season in the club's history. Quite unbelievable that run.

    https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/comphist_tables_onday.php?played=2014-01-13&played_dp=1&played_year_start=128&played_year_e nd=2021&played_mon=&played_da1=128-06-01&played_da2=2021-11-24&played_sna=1&played_aut=&played_frm=&played_tar =&played_inp=1&played_fmt=d-M-Y&played_day=13&played_month=01&played_year=2014&s ubmit=Submit
    4 points from our last 13 matches.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  25. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasnít directly calling for it, I was trying to have an open discussion on how long this can carry on but I can see itís descending into a bit of a farce with comments like yours
    It's not hard to predict how a thread about sacking the manager, dressed up as an open discussion if you like? Would go after a hibs defeat.

    I'm just sick of how after a win this board is full of Ross is brilliant and after a loss its full of he's awful sack him.

    He's not getting sacked before the window closes in January.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  26. #265
    In response to the OP the club have now acted. Here's an excerpt from Jack Ross:

    To be, or not to be, that is the question:

    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer in Dingwall,

    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune against Doidge,

    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles in Perth


    Jack will be appearing in Mothergoose at The Weegie Pavilion if things don't go well in December

    Last edited by CMurdoch; 26-11-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)