hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The goalie had a worldly? there's 1 for starters
    Read again. I never said the goalie had a worldy. I said it’s been made out that he did. He (their goalie) never had a serious save to make.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The goalie had a worldly? there's 1 for starters
    You need to read his post properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    How many efforts on goal did we have v Rangers? Had we scored our chances we’d probably have even had the same result. The way we setup and the way we played in the first half was very similar to Sunday. The avoidable goal then screws up the game for us.
    You’re comparing last night to playing the champions in a national cup semi final. We won the game in the first half an hour, sat back and protected what we had for the remainder. We were never going to create chance after chance.

Last night we were playing the team bottom of the league who had one win and conceded 26 goals in their 12 games. We had a couple of decent bits of play in the first half and nothing after the break other than a couple of half chances from the edge of the box.

We’re absolutely toothless as a team except for one man.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Read again. I never said the goalie had a worldy. I said it’s been made out that he did. He (their goalie) never had a serious save to make.
    Show me where's it being made out he did, that was my point, I can read thanks.

Show me where's it being made out he did, that was my point, I can read thanks.
    I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, That’s not us being unlucky as is being made out, it’s poor finishing. We can’t score goals.

Left by mutual consent!
    I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, That’s not us being unlucky as is being made out, it’s poor finishing. We can’t score goals.
    Yep, have a watch of Nisbets attempts last night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Oh god, we lost a game, that boy bond rubbish is being said again, totally out of context and complete rubbish.
    I knew and I’m sure others did that a performance like that was on the cards. Still though they couldn’t do anything about it.

I’m not saying they are a boy band but that they showed they have it in them.

So it's not being made out he had a worldy and you just made that up? thanks for clarifying my point

Was we great last night? No Was we terrible? No.

Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.
    Two good results in 18 months?

Think you'll see some comments for that one.

Testimonial Due

Two good results in 18 months? I didn’t realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    Two good results in 18 months? I didn’t realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!
    Nearly spat my coffee out at that one myself

Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.

It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.
    And on that note let's all get behind the team and pick up the dummy

Testimonial Due
    Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.
    Ok, so how many “great” results is it possible to have if you have ruled that 90% of the games we play are ineligible?

@hibs.net private member

Should be but rarely has been. There’s a vocal minority that got bored with winning all these games comfortably cos they’re not sexy enough - even to the extent they were happy to discard winning 1-0 away to Aberdeen and 3-0 and 3-1 at home to them, especially cos cups were more important.

Now last night’s more important than the cup. Quite hard to keep up - they keep you on your toes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

I think the term fine margins angers the fans more than anything. Nothing more infuriating than Jack Ross saying losing a Derby Semi Final is down to fine margins.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    I think the term fine margins angers the fans more than anything. Nothing more infuriating than Jack Ross saying losing a Derby Semi Final is down to fine margins.
    Do you think it only angers the fans that don’t understand what fine margins means?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Do you think it only angers the fans that don’t understand what fine margins means?
    Fine Margins is a textbook cliche to say we were unlucky.

I don't think it's what the fans want to hear after such a loss though.

@hibs.net private member

Even if we are?

It doesn’t just mean unlucky BTW.

Expectations need to be managed about the January window. It’s going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).

What do you want to hear? The manager foaming at the mouth and slagging off every player individually?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Even if we are?

It doesn’t just mean unlucky BTW.
    Nope, thats not what fans want to hear regardless of how true it is.

I for one think it sums up the vast majority of games we've had under Jack Ross where we've lost.

If our striker scores his chances last night we win the game IMO.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Expectations need to be managed about the January window. It’s going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).
    We have 2 coming in already. I’d expect 3 more with at least Allan and Wright leaving. The loan players will also be away.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Nope, thats not what fans want to hear regardless of how true it is.

I for one think it sums up the vast majority of games we've had under Jack Ross where we've lost.

If our striker scores his chances last night we win the game IMO.
    That sounds like fine margins while singling out an individual.

Ok, so how many “great” results is it possible to have if you have ruled that 90% of the games we play are ineligible?
    Im just saying that's all the great results I could think of at the time of he post.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The bod band thing annoys me more than it should. Was it not originally directed at Riordan, Thompson etc with their bleached hair? Why does it get trotted out when we lose a game? Makes absolutely no sense.
    Correct

Is not used more to describe how soft we can be at times, take last night for example, a cold winter night up in the Scottish Highlands.
    Incorrect

"This isn't a Ross out thread"

Proceeds to ask about manager getting sacked.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Im just saying that's all the great results I could think of at the time of he post.
    But if you say we only had 2 great results, but then say the vast majority of the games we play are not eligible to be great results: if you rule out league games against anyone outside hearts and the old firm, there’s not many games left. Especially given hearts haven’t been around for 12 of those 18 months.