Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Expectations need to be managed about the January window. It’s going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).
I made this point earlier. The club have placed a lot of emphasis on the failure of the summer widow being the key reason for our poor start to the league campaign.

January is a notoriously difficult window to do good business so there is going to be an element of sticking plasters on a ruptured artery to it. I think that puts the manager in a very tricky position. If we bring in 2 or 3 and he still can't get a tune out of what he has available then the club will start to think about making changes, regardless of what they have said before.

I'd be stunned if we got dragged into any kind of relegation fight, even allowing for our alarming current form, but if it even looks like we could miss out on top 6 and all the short and medium term financial implications that go with that then again they will think about acting. We can't afford no European football AND a further collapse in ST sales, especially as so much of our business plan centres around the latter.

Jack Ross is arguably in his most critical phase since becoming our manager. He has to arrest the current slump before it becomes a crisis, he has to muddle along to January and find a way to pick up a few points with what we have, he has to inspire a performance in the cup final and he has to see a swift improvement post January. It's in everyone's best interests that most of those things happen and we move forward with the consistency and stability that brings, if he fails on multiple of those fronts then he won't be here come the start of next season.