hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43
  1. #1

    Pay per view in England

    Went in to my POV account this morning and it states that unfortunately POV is not allowed in England due to UEFA/FIFA rules. Never seen this before as Iíve been using it for ages now. Has it changed does anyone know


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey, Ex Musselburgh
    Age
    64
    Posts
    5,915
    I hope that's not true, I have watched more Hibs games recently than for many years!

    major blow if its right...

    edit. it's true.

    *******s
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

  4. #3
    Really pi$$ed off with this.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Lendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Profile pic on Etsy as a print
    Posts
    1,540
    Getting a VPN will sort you out.

  6. #5
    Must be an England thing. Never used a virtual network before. Any idea which is best to use for free.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,395
    Just a thought in trying to be helpful folks. If you have a season ticket youíll still be able to log in to Hibs TV and watch.

  8. #7
    Donít have a season ticket unfortunately. Found PPV really brill, virtually watched every match this season

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    2,388
    https://twitter.com/cowdenbeathfc/st...336062473?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,013
    I was meant to be at the game this week but had to cancel.

    No PPV is annoying!!
    Cougars!!!

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was meant to be at the game this week but had to cancel.

    No PPV is annoying!!
    Just invest in a VPN and you will be good to go.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,013
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just invest in a VPN and you will be good to go.
    Sorted.
    Cougars!!!

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be an England thing. Never used a virtual network before. Any idea which is best to use for free.
    Ultrasurf works well for me on my Android phone, tablet and Fire Stick.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be an England thing. Never used a virtual network before. Any idea which is best to use for free.
    Proton VPN is decent and free, have used it on my iPhone and my laptop. Used it loads when I lived in England 👍🏻

  15. #14
    Downloaded express vpn but it still doesnít allow me to use the PPV. I must be doing something wrong I guess. Itís my iPad and the vpn sign is showing on the top right of my iPad. Frustrating to say the least

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    No longer a city dweller
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,018
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Downloaded express vpn but it still doesnít allow me to use the PPV. I must be doing something wrong I guess. Itís my iPad and the vpn sign is showing on the top right of my iPad. Frustrating to say the least
    Have you gone into the VPN settings and changed your country?

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,013
    Using secure vpn. Not sure if it is good? let me in and to buy screen.
    Cougars!!!

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    East Stand
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting a VPN will sort you out.

    Aye, how does that actually work?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  19. #18
    Yes changed to Ireland, United States and another but it still comes up when I go in to my account showing the uefa message. Iíve even opened a new account and itís still the same. Any help would be appreciated

  20. #19
    I downloaded it from the App Store but Iím sure that shouldnít make a difference.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    21,639
    Mozilla Firefox VPN $4.99 a month
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,663
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Do VPN's still work on HibsTV? Didn't last time I tried one.

  23. #22
    Donít believe a vpn works on ppv. Just read this in the terms and conditions as well. If anyone has actually got it to work Iíd be grateful knowing how pls

    o (h) use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service or similar to mask or otherwise hide or modify your actual location for the purposes of viewing the Relevant Home League Match outside the Territory; and (i) distribute or publish any data or information in relation to the Relevant Home League Match.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,013
    I set it up, deleted all history, cookies and whatever. Closed all browsers etc.

    Logged back in and it seemed to let go to buy it screen.

    Not actually bought it until tomorrow.

  25. #24
    Just set it up on my iPhone and it works. Iíll pay for it tomorrow. Iíll delete all the history etc from my iPad and see if that solves the problem. Thanks

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just set it up on my iPhone and it works. I’ll pay for it tomorrow. I’ll delete all the history etc from my iPad and see if that solves the problem. Thanks
    I got to that point and clicked on buy pass, no joy, the uefa message came up

  27. #26
    Testimonial Due gbhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    outside auld reekie
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,896
    Scottish clubs/spfl should just ignore this. Let them try to take clubs/spfl to court the publicity alone will embarass the English FA. This is a decent source of revenue for small Scottish clubs. Time Scottish authorities grow a pair.

  28. #27
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít believe a vpn works on ppv. Just read this in the terms and conditions as well. If anyone has actually got it to work Iíd be grateful knowing how pls

    o (h) use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service or similar to mask or otherwise hide or modify your actual location for the purposes of viewing the Relevant Home League Match outside the Territory; and (i) distribute or publish any data or information in relation to the Relevant Home League Match.
    Got it to work several times yes, used express VPN and it's worked absolutely fine

    Sometimes need to close and reopen the stream page but never had any major issues

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,013
    My only worry is will be paying with normal debit card which is registered at English address.
    Cougars!!!

  30. #29
    No idea how it all works,but, I bought a 30 quid Firestick from Amazon and I pay 80 quid a year for absolutely everything, all Scottish/english football, rugby, F1, films, series etc etc. Loads of foreign channels and hundreds of US channels, sports, etc.... works out as less than 10 quid a month. Very happy.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,013
    I want Hibs to have my 15 quid though. Just want to watch the game.
    Cougars!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)