hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1506
  1. #1291
    Testimonial Due SON OF PADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    south east
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the poster was in York and has related what he saw, how is it codswallop?

    Thanks CockneyRebel,some folks a just lost in their own little world and don't want to know the facts.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1292
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,469
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks CockneyRebel,some folks a just lost in their own little world and don't want to know the facts.
    For what it's worth, what you described is exactly what's been happening here in France for 2 months now.

  4. #1293
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LEITH NO MORE
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Masks are removed only when you are seated,anytime you get up from your table the mask goes on !
    I would have thought that was obvious?
    I was in the Roseburn Bar on Wednesday.

    Customers had masks when they entered and took them off when seated.

    Nobody I saw put masks on to go up to go up to the bar to get served , whilst standing beside unmasked people standing drinking at the bar.

    Some wore masks to go to the toilets and nobody I saw put masks back on at leaving time.

    I think the mask regime is slowly fading in bars at least.

  5. #1294
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,276
    I was down in Newcastle last month. I would say around 50% were wearing masks in supermarkets etc. It felt really liberating having the choice. I decided to wear one as I had it there so it really wasn't an issue.

  6. #1295
    gloryhunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the Roseburn Bar on Wednesday.

    Customers had masks when they entered and took them off when seated.

    Nobody I saw put masks on to go up to go up to the bar to get served , whilst standing beside unmasked people standing drinking at the bar.

    Some wore masks to go to the toilets and nobody I saw put masks back on at leaving time.

    I think the mask regime is slowly fading in bars at least.

    I went to The Guildford pub after the match v St Mirren and at the door was a sign to wait for a table. My pal and I had our masks on and could see a few tables being cleaned down so we waited. Employee came up and gave us the skinny. Masks worn to the table then off. Masks worn to the bar and back to table. Masks worn to the loo and back to table. Masks worn to exit premises. Small price to pay to sit in the first pub since lockdown. Good crowd and ample space between tables. No standing at the bar unless being served.

    NB. Great pub for real ale enthusiasts - lots of choice and plenty of guest beers.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 27-09-2021 at 02:41 PM.

  7. #1296
    gloryhunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the Roseburn Bar on Wednesday.

    Customers had masks when they entered and took them off when seated.

    Nobody I saw put masks on to go up to go up to the bar to get served , whilst standing beside unmasked people standing drinking at the bar.

    Some wore masks to go to the toilets and nobody I saw put masks back on at leaving time.

    I think the mask regime is slowly fading in bars at least.


    It is the responsibility of the pub or restaurant to set the rules. It is the responsibility of the patrons to then follow those rules.

    If the mask regime is fading like you say then it is only because the rule breakers are not being arrested, locked up and flogged regularly

  8. #1297
    Testimonial Due SON OF PADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    south east
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what it's worth, what you described is exactly what's been happening here in France for 2 months now.

    That's good to hear, of course some folks won't believe it !

  9. #1298
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,469
    Nobody, apart from a small minority who wear them in supermarkets, where I live in Hertfordshire.

    Pretty much the same in London.

    I was also in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago, and also no masks to be seen.

    Was in Glasgow the week before Liverpool, and it was like going back a year ago. Draconian.

  10. #1299
    Testimonial Due SON OF PADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    south east
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the Roseburn Bar on Wednesday.

    Customers had masks when they entered and took them off when seated.

    Nobody I saw put masks on to go up to go up to the bar to get served , whilst standing beside unmasked people standing drinking at the bar.

    Some wore masks to go to the toilets and nobody I saw put masks back on at leaving time.

    I think the mask regime is slowly fading in bars at least.


    Thanks for the heads up 👍
    that's another pub to put on the give it a miss list.😏

  11. #1300
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody, apart from a small minority who wear them in supermarkets, where I live in Hertfordshire.

    Pretty much the same in London.

    I was also in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago, and also no masks to be seen.

    Was in Glasgow the week before Liverpool, and it was like going back a year ago. Draconian.
    Aye, we're just going round in circles up here and achieving hee-haw!

  12. #1301
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just back from York today !
    Everyone wearing masks in shops,Pubs and all public transport.
    Went to the theatre and had to show our vacation passport prior to entry!
    And seen no one complaining.
    My mate and his wife are in York right now.

    Just sent me a message saying how liberating it is and that hardly anybody is wearing masks

  13. #1302
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    54
    Posts
    21,342
    Fools and their masks are easily parted.

  14. #1303
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,449
    Maybe the OP can bin this thread as it's so far off track it should really be in the other forum.........

  15. #1304
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fools and their masks are easily parted.
    When I was in Liverpool last weekend most Scousers seemed to have ditched them right enough

  16. #1305
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    54
    Posts
    21,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I was in Liverpool last weekend most Scousers seemed to have ditched them right enough
    Thankfully I donít live there!

  17. #1306
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    41,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody, apart from a small minority who wear them in supermarkets, where I live in Hertfordshire.

    Pretty much the same in London.

    I was also in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago, and also no masks to be seen.

    Was in Glasgow the week before Liverpool, and it was like going back a year ago. Draconian.

    well i for one have more respect for them

    i'm also pleased that the big majority i see whenever in Livingston shopping centre also respect these 'Draconian' measures


    Covid-19 doesn't support these 'Draconian' measures though

  18. #1307
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well i for one have more respect for them

    i'm also pleased that the big majority i see whenever in Livingston shopping centre also respect these 'Draconian' measures

    Covid-19 doesn't support these 'Draconian' measures though
    If masks were so effective then I'd expect to see a huge disparity in figures between England and Scotland - but there isn't. If anything Scotland has worse figures per capita.

    I think most of Scotland must be wearing these things round their eyes rather than their mooths.

  19. #1308
    The Rangers just announced that their fans will need to take proof of vaccine from this Sunday.

    Exemptions are in place for those under 18, people who are not able to receive the vaccine for medical reason, those who are Participants in vaccine trial and workers or volunteers at the venue or event.

  20. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Rangers just announced that their fans will need to take proof of vaccine from this Sunday.

    Exemptions are in place for those under 18, people who are not able to receive the vaccine for medical reason, those who are Participants in vaccine trial and workers or volunteers at the venue or event.
    So someone behind the kiosks doesnít have to show it to distribute food to several hundred people but a supporter can walk in and have no interaction with anyone but needs to show proof of vaccination.

    Doesnít make much sense like many of the covid rules / guidelines.

    Also several weeks too late.

  21. #1310
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18,157
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So someone behind the kiosks doesnít have to show it to distribute food to several hundred people but a supporter can walk in and have no interaction with anyone but needs to show proof of vaccination.

    Doesnít make much sense like many of the covid rules / guidelines.

    Also several weeks too late.
    Still think they will be binned completely in the next few weeks.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  22. #1311
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Rangers just announced that their fans will need to take proof of vaccine from this Sunday.

    Exemptions are in place for those under 18, people who are not able to receive the vaccine for medical reason, those who are Participants in vaccine trial and workers or volunteers at the venue or event.
    The law changes from Friday, although in reality there's very little chance of anyone who is unvaccinated being denied entry.

    I posted yesterday on the Covid-19 thread that I was in hospitality at Easter Road yesterday and one of the requirements was to do a lateral flow test but no-one even checked it on arrival. Someone actually asked the person greeting us if he wanted to see his test result and he was told no.

    If there's no checks being done on (at most) a couple of hundred people in hospitality, I don't hold out much hope that there will be many checks being done on thousands of people arriving at turnstiles apart from a token few so clubs can say they're ticking a few boxes.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  23. #1312
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LEITH NO MORE
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So someone behind the kiosks doesnít have to show it to distribute food to several hundred people but a supporter can walk in and have no interaction with anyone but needs to show proof of vaccination.

    Doesnít make much sense like many of the covid rules / guidelines.

    Also several weeks too late.
    Canít make being vaccinated a condition of employment.

    Human rights, medical privacy and all that.

  24. #1313
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The law changes from Friday, although in reality there's very little chance of anyone who is unvaccinated being denied entry.

    I posted yesterday on the Covid-19 thread that I was in hospitality at Easter Road yesterday and one of the requirements was to do a lateral flow test but no-one even checked it on arrival. Someone actually asked the person greeting us if he wanted to see his test result and he was told no.

    If there's no checks being done on (at most) a couple of hundred people in hospitality, I don't hold out much hope that there will be many checks being done on thousands of people arriving at turnstiles apart from a token few so clubs can say they're ticking a few boxes.
    Going by the Rangers statement - it doesnít seem like they are expecting anyone who say they are exempt to have to prove anything - so in reality itís the mask situation all over again. Therefore itís completely pointless.

  25. #1314
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,469
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canít make being vaccinated a condition of employment.

    Human rights, medical privacy and all that.
    They have here in France - either that or you have to get tested every 3 days which, starting in a couple of weeks time, will cost from 20-45Ä each.

  26. #1315
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    7,182
    Was in a few bars up town on Saturday. About 90% of people never bothered putting them on after initially walking in the door. Bar staff weren't really fussed at all.

  27. #1316
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canít make being vaccinated a condition of employment.

    Human rights, medical privacy and all that.
    Whilst it may not be a mandatory condition of employment, for those with existing jobs, there are companies introducing vaccination status into their recruitment, certainly in social care work.

  28. #1317
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The law changes from Friday, although in reality there's very little chance of anyone who is unvaccinated being denied entry.

    I posted yesterday on the Covid-19 thread that I was in hospitality at Easter Road yesterday and one of the requirements was to do a lateral flow test but no-one even checked it on arrival. Someone actually asked the person greeting us if he wanted to see his test result and he was told no.

    If there's no checks being done on (at most) a couple of hundred people in hospitality, I don't hold out much hope that there will be many checks being done on thousands of people arriving at turnstiles apart from a token few so clubs can say they're ticking a few boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going by the Rangers statement - it doesnít seem like they are expecting anyone who say they are exempt to have to prove anything - so in reality itís the mask situation all over again. Therefore itís completely pointless.
    In a way hasn't it worked?

    As you thought you might get checked you did the needful and got a test, a boy at my work did it and was positive so let someone else go instead.
    cým fallain

  29. #1318
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,735
    I was in Bexleyheath London a couple of weeks ago, very few masks in pubs/shops/restaurants. Then we went to Colchester and it was the same, the wedding we went to had none at all that i remember, over 120 people.

    And in Blackpool i've been out most weekends since lockdown was scrapped, and nobody is wearing masks apart from the odd idiot who has it draped over their chin.

  30. #1319
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LEITH NO MORE
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have here in France - either that or you have to get tested every 3 days which, starting in a couple of weeks time, will cost from 20-45Ä each.

    Expect to see the yellow vests on the streets again and a queue at the human rights court in Strasbourg.

  31. #1320
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a way hasn't it worked?

    As you thought you might get checked you did the needful and got a test, a boy at my work did it and was positive so let someone else go instead.
    It did in SDGs case.

    I canít imagine the threat of spot checks scaring off many folk without a vaccine passport though. Theyíll know theyíre very highly unlikely to get checked.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)