hibs.net Messageboard

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1505
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks CockneyRebel,some folks a just lost in their own little world and don't want to know the facts.
    For what it's worth, what you described is exactly what's been happening here in France for 2 months now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Masks are removed only when you are seated,anytime you get up from your table the mask goes on !
    I would have thought that was obvious?
    I was in the Roseburn Bar on Wednesday.

Customers had masks when they entered and took them off when seated.

Nobody I saw put masks on to go up to go up to the bar to get served , whilst standing beside unmasked people standing drinking at the bar.

Some wore masks to go to the toilets and nobody I saw put masks back on at leaving time.

I think the mask regime is slowly fading in bars at least.

@hibs.net private member
    I was down in Newcastle last month. I would say around 50% were wearing masks in supermarkets etc. It felt really liberating having the choice. I decided to wear one as I had it there so it really wasn't an issue.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Nobody I saw put masks on to go up to go up to the bar to get served , whilst standing beside unmasked people standing drinking at the bar.

Some wore masks to go to the toilets and nobody I saw put masks back on at leaving time.

I went to The Guildford pub after the match v St Mirren and at the door was a sign to wait for a table. My pal and I had our masks on and could see a few tables being cleaned down so we waited. Employee came up and gave us the skinny. Masks worn to the table then off. Masks worn to the bar and back to table. Masks worn to the loo and back to table. Masks worn to exit premises. Small price to pay to sit in the first pub since lockdown. Good crowd and ample space between tables. No standing at the bar unless being served.

NB. Great pub for real ale enthusiasts - lots of choice and plenty of guest beers.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 27-09-2021 at 02:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member

It is the responsibility of the pub or restaurant to set the rules. It is the responsibility of the patrons to then follow those rules.

If the mask regime is fading like you say then it is only because the rule breakers are not being arrested, locked up and flogged regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    For what it's worth, what you described is exactly what's been happening here in France for 2 months now.

That's good to hear, of course some folks won't believe it !

@hibs.net private member
    Nobody, apart from a small minority who wear them in supermarkets, where I live in Hertfordshire.

Pretty much the same in London.

I was also in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago, and also no masks to be seen.

Was in Glasgow the week before Liverpool, and it was like going back a year ago. Draconian.

Thanks for the heads up 👍
    that's another pub to put on the give it a miss list.😏

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Nobody, apart from a small minority who wear them in supermarkets, where I live in Hertfordshire.

Was in Glasgow the week before Liverpool, and it was like going back a year ago. Draconian.
    Aye, we're just going round in circles up here and achieving hee-haw!

Just back from York today !
    Everyone wearing masks in shops,Pubs and all public transport.
    Went to the theatre and had to show our vacation passport prior to entry!
    And seen no one complaining.
    My mate and his wife are in York right now.

Just sent me a message saying how liberating it is and that hardly anybody is wearing masks

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Fools and their masks are easily parted.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Maybe the OP can bin this thread as it's so far off track it should really be in the other forum.........

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Fools and their masks are easily parted.
    When I was in Liverpool last weekend most Scousers seemed to have ditched them right enough

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    When I was in Liverpool last weekend most Scousers seemed to have ditched them right enough
    Thankfully I don’t live there!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post

well i for one have more respect for them

i'm also pleased that the big majority i see whenever in Livingston shopping centre also respect these 'Draconian' measures

Covid-19 doesn't support these 'Draconian' measures though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    well i for one have more respect for them

i'm also pleased that the big majority i see whenever in Livingston shopping centre also respect these 'Draconian' measures

Covid-19 doesn't support these 'Draconian' measures though
    If masks were so effective then I'd expect to see a huge disparity in figures between England and Scotland - but there isn't. If anything Scotland has worse figures per capita.

I think most of Scotland must be wearing these things round their eyes rather than their mooths.

@hibs.net private member
    The Rangers just announced that their fans will need to take proof of vaccine from this Sunday.

Exemptions are in place for those under 18, people who are not able to receive the vaccine for medical reason, those who are Participants in vaccine trial and workers or volunteers at the venue or event.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    The Rangers just announced that their fans will need to take proof of vaccine from this Sunday.

Exemptions are in place for those under 18, people who are not able to receive the vaccine for medical reason, those who are Participants in vaccine trial and workers or volunteers at the venue or event.
    So someone behind the kiosks doesn’t have to show it to distribute food to several hundred people but a supporter can walk in and have no interaction with anyone but needs to show proof of vaccination.

Doesn’t make much sense like many of the covid rules / guidelines.

Also several weeks too late.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    So someone behind the kiosks doesn’t have to show it to distribute food to several hundred people but a supporter can walk in and have no interaction with anyone but needs to show proof of vaccination.

Still think they will be binned completely in the next few weeks.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post

The law changes from Friday, although in reality there's very little chance of anyone who is unvaccinated being denied entry.

I posted yesterday on the Covid-19 thread that I was in hospitality at Easter Road yesterday and one of the requirements was to do a lateral flow test but no-one even checked it on arrival. Someone actually asked the person greeting us if he wanted to see his test result and he was told no.

If there's no checks being done on (at most) a couple of hundred people in hospitality, I don't hold out much hope that there will be many checks being done on thousands of people arriving at turnstiles apart from a token few so clubs can say they're ticking a few boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Can’t make being vaccinated a condition of employment.

Human rights, medical privacy and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The law changes from Friday, although in reality there's very little chance of anyone who is unvaccinated being denied entry.

I posted yesterday on the Covid-19 thread that I was in hospitality at Easter Road yesterday and one of the requirements was to do a lateral flow test but no-one even checked it on arrival. Someone actually asked the person greeting us if he wanted to see his test result and he was told no.

If there's no checks being done on (at most) a couple of hundred people in hospitality, I don't hold out much hope that there will be many checks being done on thousands of people arriving at turnstiles apart from a token few so clubs can say they're ticking a few boxes.
    Going by the Rangers statement - it doesn’t seem like they are expecting anyone who say they are exempt to have to prove anything - so in reality it’s the mask situation all over again. Therefore it’s completely pointless.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

They have here in France - either that or you have to get tested every 3 days which, starting in a couple of weeks time, will cost from 20-45€ each.

Was in a few bars up town on Saturday. About 90% of people never bothered putting them on after initially walking in the door. Bar staff weren't really fussed at all.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Whilst it may not be a mandatory condition of employment, for those with existing jobs, there are companies introducing vaccination status into their recruitment, certainly in social care work.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Going by the Rangers statement - it doesn’t seem like they are expecting anyone who say they are exempt to have to prove anything - so in reality it’s the mask situation all over again. Therefore it’s completely pointless.
    In a way hasn't it worked?

As you thought you might get checked you did the needful and got a test, a boy at my work did it and was positive so let someone else go instead.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was in Bexleyheath London a couple of weeks ago, very few masks in pubs/shops/restaurants. Then we went to Colchester and it was the same, the wedding we went to had none at all that i remember, over 120 people.

And in Blackpool i've been out most weekends since lockdown was scrapped, and nobody is wearing masks apart from the odd idiot who has it draped over their chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They have here in France - either that or you have to get tested every 3 days which, starting in a couple of weeks time, will cost from 20-45€ each.

Expect to see the yellow vests on the streets again and a queue at the human rights court in Strasbourg.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

As you thought you might get checked you did the needful and got a test, a boy at my work did it and was positive so let someone else go instead.
    It did in SDGs case.

I can’t imagine the threat of spot checks scaring off many folk without a vaccine passport though. They’ll know they’re very highly unlikely to get checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

It worked on this occasion, however word will soon get out that your test result won't be checked. I just think it's unprofessional to put that in as a requirement but then don't bother to check anyone on their way in.

The vaccine passport rule will end up being largely a waste of time.

27% of males in their 30s are not fully vaccinated and 40% of males aged 18-29 are not fully vaccinated.

Males aged 18-39 will make up a fair chunk of a football attendance so it will be interesting to see if they are targetted.