hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be surprised if he's still here next week.
    Of his own volition or moved on by us?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    he will deffo be here next week. Sublime backheeler for our second goal, Scott’s still got it and deserves a run of games.
    Who would you leave out to give Allan a run of games?.

Waste of a jersey 90% of the time he is on the pitch so we’d effectively be playing with 10 men most of the game.

Allan was decent a few years ago but is nowhere near where he needs to be now. I can’t see him being at Hibs after this transfer window for his & Hibs benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post

Waste of a jersey 90% of the time he is on the pitch so we’d effectively be playing with 10 men most of the game.

Allan was decent a few years ago but is nowhere near where he needs to be now. I can’t see him being at Hibs after this transfer window for his & Hibs benefit.
    He's not a waste of a jersey 90% of the time he's on the pitch. That's just ridiculously harsh.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 29-08-2021 at 10:04 AM.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

Pish

The amount of stick Scott Allan seems to be increasingly getting week on week is weird.

Your first sentence was a fair question. Some of the other stuff is a bit unnecessary particularly given the reason for him struggling a bit.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He’s still capable of the absolutely sublime but the rest of his game appears to have understandably deteriorated. Whether that returns if he gets more game time I have no idea but this Hibs side is hard working and mobile and at this moment in time his play doesn’t fit in to what we do.

It’s worth noting that the much maligned Drey Wright also set up a goal with a beautiful back heel earlier in the season and that’s where I see Scott’s playing time - fifteen to twenty minutes here and there when a key player needs replaced or protected.

If Scott is happy with that then I’m happy to have him here (though his wage would need to reflect that if he was to stay beyond his contact).

If he’s not then I will look back on his time with Hibs with dozens of incredible memories that he’s given us. It’s been a joy at times and I wish him nothing but the best either way.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    The amount of stick Scott Allan seems to be increasingly getting week on week is weird.
    He very rarely gets ‘stick’ compared to most other players - let’s be 100 percent clear about that.

I think the argument going on is that a lot of Scott’s biggest supporters keep saying he ‘deserves’ a run of games and a lot of people quite rightly think that he should be treated the same as others and play himself back in by showing up well when he gets the chance.

Personally I’ve always liked him but not seen anything YET that would merit him being ahead of Magennis, JDH or Newell. Could happen, but to me the signs haven’t been too great - although his moment of magic yesterday shows what a very useful guy he is for us to have around.

He won’t be starting if we have a full squad. Still a place for him in the squad though.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Don't think Allan gets stick really. He literally played a square pass 10 yards out wide just after he came on and most of the stadium clapped it.

The fans love the guy and I'm sure he knows it!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Don't think Allan gets stick really. He literally played a square pass 10 yards out wide just after he came on and most of the stadium clapped it.

The fans love the guy and I'm sure he knows it!
    He’s said many times he knows the Hibs fans love him and let him off with a lot. Not many players have been able to say that in recent times😀

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    He very rarely gets ‘stick’ compared to most other players - let’s be 100 percent clear about that.

I think the argument going on is that a lot of Scott’s biggest supporters keep saying he ‘deserves’ a run of games and a lot of people quite rightly think that he should be treated the same as others and play himself back in by showing up well when he gets the chance.

Personally I’ve always liked him but not seen anything YET that would merit him being ahead of Magennis, JDH or Newell. Could happen, but to me the signs haven’t been too great - although his moment of magic yesterday shows what a very useful guy he is for us to have around.
    I think it's more on here the few folk been quite overly critical of him. Someone earlier suggested having him in the team is like playing with 10 men. Where has this myth all of a sudden come from?

I think like any player that's coming back from injury (or a severe health scare like his) deserves a chance to get back to sharpness and the fitness levels required through play time when its available, I think yesterday was the longest he's played so far this season and he got an assist with a lovely back heel. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out a player can't get back to their best with cameo appearances.

Terrible post. Allan is still feeling his way back in but he is always contributing. Last season you could argue magennis didnt look up to it. He just needed a run of games and confidence. And that was after injury. Try a life threatening heart condition.
    Mon Scott Allan. The majority are right behind you!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Horrific post

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Horrific post

You do sometimes wonder about some of these posters and where their loyalties lie, no real supporter would say such things.

Cheers for that Pep

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You do sometimes wonder about some of these posters and where their loyalties lie, no real supporter would say such things.
    Yep think only a Hearts can't would come out with pish like that.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Of his own volition or moved on by us?
    From where he’s sitting he won’t have a clue! It’s a Hibbyradge thought and no more than that. He has some lovely ones mind but this isn’t one of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    From where he’s sitting he won’t have a clue! It’s a Hibbyradge thought and no more than that. He has some lovely ones mind but this isn’t one of them.
    From where I’m sitting, I don’t have a clue either, but I would have thought that most of us Hibby’s would expect Scott to be with us when the window closes. Hibbyradge’s use of ‘surprised’ suggests he knows something others don’t but I think it’s waffle. He doesn’t even try to explain why he would be ‘surprised’. He might now, tho’.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    From where I’m sitting, I don’t have a clue either, but I would have thought that most of us Hibby’s would expect Scott to be with us when the window closes. Hibbyradge’s use of ‘surprised’ suggests he knows something others don’t but I think it’s waffle. He doesn’t even try to explain why he would be ‘surprised’. He might now, tho’.
    Apologies for not being online to reply to your urgent question!

It's not waffle, it's a genuine comment. I'll be surprised if he's still here. No more, no less than that.

I'll be surprised because I don't think we can afford to have a player on our books who we're only going to use for less than a quarter of the game.

Also, others have suggested that he's looking for a move himself.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    If you can be bothered trawling back through their posts you'll probably find that they were among those people who were saying Magennis was a waste of money.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

It's not waffle, it's a genuine comment. I'll be surprised if he's still here. No more, no less than that.

I'll be surprised because I don't think we can afford to have a player on our books who we're only going to use for less than a quarter of the game.

Who?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Who?
    Jeffers on the PM board.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries

Fair enough. Given SA’s medical condition and what he’s been through recently, I won’t be surprised if the two parties don’t reach a compromise to keep him at ER in a capacity which is beneficial to both. I think he’ll be with us for the foreseeable future. I’m not so sure that he is looking for a route out of ER as you suggest some are saying. Anyway, we’ll know in a day or two.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He’s still capable of the absolutely sublime but the rest of his game appears to have understandably deteriorated. Whether that returns if he gets more game time I have no idea but this Hibs side is hard working and mobile and at this moment in time his play doesn’t fit in to what we do.

It’s worth noting that the much maligned Drey Wright also set up a goal with a beautiful back heel earlier in the season and that’s where I see Scott’s playing time - fifteen to twenty minutes here and there when a key player needs replaced or protected.

If Scott is happy with that then I’m happy to have him here (though his wage would need to reflect that if he was to stay beyond his contact).

If he’s not then I will look back on his time with Hibs with dozens of incredible memories that he’s given us. It’s been a joy at times and I wish him nothing but the best either way.

That is pretty much where I am too. He looks absolutely miles off it to me. Like a George Best type figure(obviously nowhere near as good) who is still capable of a flick or trick or defence splitting pass. His football brain is still the same, which for me is a pity as he often plays a more difficult ball than needed when an equally advantageous ball is on and much easier. He can do that because he seems to get great credit for seeing a pass even though he gives the ball away playing it. That to me is why he keeps trying it, Hibs fans seem to only remember his good passes. I have always hoped he would play the odds a little more wisely and often as he gained games but no sign of that.

I think 90% is very harsh in terms of a man short but he has always been poor when we don't have the ball and is even worse now. We already have Murphy who is like a man short when we don't have the ball so I can't see how you could play them together. Murphy being out is a chance for Scottie so he may well prove me and others wrong.

The thing that rings truest in your post is how hard working this Hibs team is(I'd except Murphy myself). It is very unusual for fans to point to a player not putting a shift in these days. Nisbet, Doidge, Magennis, Boyle all work hard and Doyle-Hayes and Newall all dynamos combine that with fullbacks who go up and down with the ball and we are very mobile and fit. Murphy is our bit of magic and he is in form. Id much rather play him than Allan but I'm hoping Scott can fill that roll and give us even more legs and retain the quality on the ball.

Allan is definitely a useful squad player but he is likely one of our higher earners. If he signs a new contract I would hope it reflects that he is at that level now. Mind you he might get some games with Murphy potentially out and that could force him into Jacks's plans even when we are injury free. I can't see it based on what we have seen so far since his return.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Anyone who has paid the slightest bit of attention to my posts will know I’m a huge Scott Allan fan. I was delighted when he came on yesterday. I thought he did OK, but no more than that until his flick to Boyle. However I personally thought he was too advanced, I’d like to have seen him playing a bit deeper and being given the opportunity to pick a pass.

I’d heard suggestions beforehand that he was carrying a bit of extra weight, but I didn’t think so watching him yesterday, however he just didn’t look right to me. Can’t be specific but just didn’t look 100%. I still hope he just needs regular game time to get back to somewhere close to his previous levels. If not with us, sadly, then another team as is looking more likely. I will repeat myself by saying I don’t see him as an impact sub, he needs, certainly at present, time to play himself into a game.

As much as I love SA and clearly all the Hibs fans do, I honestly don’t think it would make a huge difference to us if he was to leave. He would invariably move to a club not as good as us and as much as I’d me gutted to see him go that’s probably more emotional than practical. He’s got a job to do in our squad this season and would defo contribute a lot but suspect he doesn’t want to be that player playing a supporting role and I can’t blame him for that. It’s a shame as the international break couldn’t have come at a worse time for him and even with the derby I can’t see him starting. Don’t expect him to leave this window but wouldn’t rule it out January if he isn’t playing.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Cheers for that Pep
    Your welcome, I didn’t realise we stopped people having opinions unless they matched yours, but it’s good to know that now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    As much as I love SA and clearly all the Hibs fans do, I honestly don’t think it would make a huge difference to us if he was to leave. He would invariably move to a club not as good as us and as much as I’d me gutted to see him go that’s probably more emotional than practical. He’s got a job to do in our squad this season and would defo contribute a lot but suspect he doesn’t want to be that player playing a supporting role and I can’t blame him for that. It’s a shame as the international break couldn’t have come at a worse time for him and even with the derby I can’t see him starting. Don’t expect him to leave this window but wouldn’t rule it out January if he isn’t playing.
    Unlikely he will start given he has only played a total of 93 league minutes since he came back from his heart condition and about half of them were yesterday. It was January he made his comeback so if he isn't fit now I'm not sure he ever will be. He looked much heavier than he was previously to me and he has lost his turn of speed. That isn't sharpness that is just losing a bit of the advantage he previously had. I'm not blaming him for that as it is admirable he has managed to get back to playing in the top league.

When you look at his form before the injury it was dropping off after a very promising start to the season. He had been scoring goals and also chipping in regularly with assists and good minutes on the park. It fell away a good while before he eventually had to stop for his health.

I suppose the question is can he get back to that form. I can't see it but hope he proves me wrong. It won't be easy though as we have a strong starting 11 with a likely starter coming in a few months and possibly one or two to come in before the window slams shut

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Horrific post
    Horrific in what way?.

I responded to a suggestion that Allan gets a run of games and asked who would be dropped.

Some people need to take their Scott Allan blinkers off.

The guy has done remarkably well considering his health issues but we are talking about performances on the park. If we have any ambition as a club then we have to look at the big picture. Would anyone on here even consider starting Allan against Hearts?, if not then that says it all.