hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 241 to 259 of 259

Thread: 2021 Wimbledon

  1. #241
    Berrettini saves three set points - 5-4 Djokovic.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #242
    Second set Djokovic - 6-4.

  4. #243
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    45
    Posts
    31,080
    Djokovic is playing at about 75% of his best Tennis whilst Berrettini is playing his best And Novak still winning

  5. #244
    Djokovic breaks in the third set - 2-1.

    Looks ominous now.

  6. #245
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    45
    Posts
    31,080
    Wish Andrew Castle would STFU!!! And stop bringing the ****ing game tonight up at every opportunity , Helmet!!!

  7. #246
    Third set Djokovic 6-4, only one winner from here.

  8. #247
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,112
    At no time has Novak completely dominated yet his victory seems almost inevitable.

  9. #248
    Point of the tournament.

  10. #249
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    45
    Posts
    31,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point of the tournament.



    How on gods earth did Novak win that point !!!

  11. #250
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,791
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    How on gods earth did Novak win that point !!!
    Hes just relentless. He gets angry and his laser focus kicks in.

  12. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    How on gods earth did Novak win that point !!!
    Unreal.

  13. #252
    Djokovic wins 6-7 6-4 6-4 6-3 for Grand Slam number 20 and equals Nadal and Federer.

    Wimbledon title number 6 which is the 3rd highest in the Open Era.

  14. #253
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Djokovic wins 6-7 6-4 6-4 6-3 for Grand Slam number 20 and equals Nadal and Federer.

    Wimbledon title number 6 which is the 3rd highest in the Open Era.
    Is that why hes eating the grass?
    Weirdo.

  15. #254
    20 slams and he still looks like he's got plenty left in the tank to rack up a few more

  16. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that why hes eating the grass?
    Weirdo.
    He's done that every year he's won it.

  17. #256
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's done that every year he's won it.
    Unhygienic.

  18. #257
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    45
    Posts
    31,080
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20 slams and he still looks like he's got plenty left in the tank to rack up a few more



    Federer is finished , Nadal might get another French , Djokovic the fittest tennis player on the planet can get another 5.6.7.8 Majors and be out on his
    own as the greatest ever Tennis player

  19. #258
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,112
    I'm just amazed at his ability to return the toughest shots and serves. He has such quick reactions.

  20. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone remember a more unpopular champion than Novak? Im listening on the radio and I can tell how each points gone by the crowds reaction before the commentator tells me.
    Broadcasters must be bracing themselves for some pretty grim viewing figures now that crowd pullers like Federer, Nadal and Murray are on the way out. Djokovic's Aussie Open win was the lowest watched in the event's history (extraordinary really when you consider he was going for a ninth title) and I'm sure many others were like myself yesterday in not bothering to watch.

    His smothering tactics are all about forcing his opponents into a mistake. Effective but ugly and a total turn-off. As you say probably the least loved champion ever.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)