hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 112 of 112

Thread: Ryder Cup 2021

  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    24,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a busted flush. Heís never been the same since he decided to get ripped.

    Did his game not go to pot when he changed his clubs due to a massive sponsorship deal and struggled with the new clubs.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a busted flush. Heís never been the same since he decided to get ripped.
    To be fair, he's still ranked 15 in the world, Europe's 3rd highest ranking. He's not that bad, but he's been really poor this week though, the course and conditions haven't suited him at all.

    Not sure why Harrington has given him so much game time. And don't get me started on Poulter.

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's living on past glories and contributed the square route of absolutely zero.
    The guy's always annoyed me for some reason. He's also just not good enough to be in the team on current form.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    24,022
    The booing of the European players when their names called out is very poor by the Yanks, McIlroy just gave a wry smile.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    Rahm was immense on Friday and Saturday but is currently up against it v Scheffler. I think though it's mostly down to Scheffler playing well. Hopefully Rahm can turn it around.

    Europe realistically too far behind to catch the US but would be nice if we could at least win the singles session and keep the overall score respectable. Mind you, think I thought the same for Medinah.

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040
    If Europe donít win at least 6 points today itíll be the first time since 2006 that one team has won every session.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Europe donít win at least 6 points today itíll be the first time since 2006 that one team has won every session.
    Fourballs yesterday was 2-2.

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Europe donít win at least 6 points today itíll be the first time since 2006 that one team has won every session.
    Balls, 4th session was 2-2.

    What a flump 😂

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,743
    We are getting hammered, outplayed and outclassed.

  11. #100
    This is getting pretty ugly. Most one sided Ryder cup I've watched I think.

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are getting hammered, outplayed and outclassed.
    Disappointing but not really a surprise given their average world ranking is 8.9 and ours is 30.8. Add in home advantage and restricted number of away fans then it isn't an unexpected scoreline.

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    24,152
    American golf has been unbelievably good. All week too.,

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    Yay, point for Europe. Gap down to 5, game on!

  15. #104
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,669
    The American often(always) have the better players but they have a habit of getting in their own way.

    They had the potential to do the same again here, but Stricker and others have done a great job of preventing that from happening.

    It has been a fantastic performance.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The American often(always) have the better players but they have a habit of getting in their own way.

    They had the potential to do the same again here, but Stricker and others have done a great job of preventing that from happening.

    It has been a fantastic performance.
    Agree, they usually have the better players but we often are the better team. I think the gap this time between the players was that much bigger this team that it was a huge mountain to climb.

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    That's 2 cans of lager Xander Schauffele's downed in one already. He's going to be an ill boy in the morning. 🤮

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,425
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree, they usually have the better players but we often are the better team. I think the gap this time between the players was that much bigger this team that it was a huge mountain to climb.
    The US team was very very strongÖwas always gonna be tough.

    But the Europe team just didnít look at the races from the off.

    The only bright spot outside of the Rahm and Garcia partnership was Hovland who looks a great player.

    In retrospect we should maybe have taken a couple more rookies to blood them ahead of Italy.

    Absolutely cracking course though that encouraged some great golf and punished any poor shots heavily.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,117
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disappointing but not really a surprise given their average world ranking is 8.9 and ours is 30.8. Add in home advantage and restricted number of away fans then it isn't an unexpected scoreline.
    Also can't underestimate the effect of Brexit on the European team.

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,388
    Predictions for the Nicklaus-Jacklin award are Dustin Johnson and John Rahm. Doesn't have to go to the top point scorers but can't see past those 2. Rahm was huge for us 1st 2 days and Johnson only the 3rd player ever to win 5 out of 5 (plus it was on the course where he got a 2 shot penalty and a triple bogey on the 72nd hole to miss out on the playoff by 2 shots in the 2910 USPGA).

  21. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The American often(always) have the better players but they have a habit of getting in their own way.

    They had the potential to do the same again here, but Stricker and others have done a great job of preventing that from happening.

    It has been a fantastic performance.
    Rankings notwithstanding, there's a huge home advantage effect. Whoever has been the home team has had comfortable wins in the last few since the "miracle of Medinah" in 2012.

  22. #111
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,669
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The US team was very very strongÖwas always gonna be tough.

    But the Europe team just didnít look at the races from the off.

    The only bright spot outside of the Rahm and Garcia partnership was Hovland who looks a great player.

    In retrospect we should maybe have taken a couple more rookies to blood them ahead of Italy.

    Absolutely cracking course though that encouraged some great golf and punished any poor shots heavily.
    I loved the bunkers.

    Bunkers are often beautifully manicured these days and players are brilliant at getting out of them.

    I loved that they were proper "hazards" and that players were so often harshly punished for going in them.

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved the bunkers.

    Bunkers are often beautifully manicured these days and players are brilliant at getting out of them.

    I loved that they were proper "hazards" and that players were so often harshly punished for going in them.
    Was saying exactly that to my playing partner yesterday.

    So often you hear that the proís actually PREFER to be in a bunker if they miss the green.

    Not on this course because, as you say, the hazard was indeed a hazard.

    Would love to see that concept applied to a few more courses they play.

    I also saw a chat the other day about removing bunkers from courses and adding humps and hollows instead that actually punished poor play more and, handily, were much cheaper and easier to maintain.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)