hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 238
  1. #151
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve got no problem with the longbangers boys putting the question to Martin, it’s good to see how these players cope with challenging questions. Personally I wouldn’t have had the baws to ask him about the cup final dive and he dealt with it in a classy way.

    I just think the Gogic question is based on such an annoying and stupid premise. You just need to point out how important he was to us last season and how hes now played what, two? games this season. Asking if he’s played his last game for us because he’s not a good enough player just makes no sense. But then again I’ve read it on here so it’s clearly an opinion that’s out there.
    I thought we would have been terribly two faced to have not mentioned the final if we were also going to go through the talking points, but i hoped that we’d have built up enough of a rapport by that point that it could be said without causing offence, which i think we did.

    Like you say, he answered in s very classy way anyway. He was a great guest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #152
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,957
    Just been out to buy some Fry's Turkish Delight for the first time in about a decade lol

  4. #153
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just been out to buy some Fry's Turkish Delight for the first time in about a decade lol
    Taste the Orient!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  5. #154
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taste the Orient!
    Chicken Fried Rice please lol

  6. #155
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  7. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting comments about switching Boyle out to the left to allow him to better cut inside. I actually think we was great for us on Saturday on the right, knocked it past players and got the ball in the box/ won us throw ins and set pieces further up the park and ultimately scored his goal by coming in from the right through some nice link up play.

    I think sticking Boyle out to the left to be marked by Nicky Devlin, one of their better players, would have been a poor move on Sat but something to consider for another game possibly.

  8. #157
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting comments about switching Boyle out to the left to allow him to better cut inside. I actually think we was great for us on Saturday on the right, knocked it past players and got the ball in the box/ won us throw ins and set pieces further up the park and ultimately scored his goal by coming in from the right through some nice link up play.

    I think sticking Boyle out to the left to be marked by Nicky Devlin, one of their better players, would have been a poor move on Sat but something to consider for another game possibly.
    Ideally we have Boyle & Murphy switching wings throughout a match as we've already seen a couple of times this season.

    Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll see that again for a good few weeks.

  9. #158
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Gross Kienitz
    Posts
    14,903
    Really enjoyed that, thanks guys, it just seems more down to earth and honest compared to normal club or TV interviews.

  10. #159
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really enjoyed that, thanks guys, it just seems more down to earth and honest compared to normal club or TV interviews.
    Cheers!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  11. #160
    First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    387
    Matty just a small point could you tell Dave it's Magennis not Maginnes.:-)

  12. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Matty just a small point could you tell Dave it's Magennis not Maginnes.:-)
    😂👍

  13. #162
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Matty just a small point could you tell Dave it's Magennis not Maginnes.:-)
    We’re still trying to stop him calling JDH “Barrels”
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  14. #163
    First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re still trying to stop him calling JDH “Barrels”
    😆👍

  15. #164
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taste the Orient!
    Full of Eastern Promise……. That girl……..

  16. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Full of Eastern Promise……. That girl……..
    That was it! I knew Orient didn't make sense.

  17. #166
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers


  18. #168

  19. #169
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,327
    My tuppence worth on the Macey discussion…

    When you look at the number of keepers that English clubs keep on their books it’s not surprising there are loads of keepers who are a significant age like Macey with only a few dozen appearances. At Arsenal he’s at a top club, learning from (supposedly) the best coaches and training with (genuinely) some of the best in the world at that position. If you enjoy training and getting paid there is no real reason to go out on loan every season, he did that for one season at Plymouth where he had most of his appearances with a side who were getting pummelled most weeks. Is that a better learning experience than being at Arsenal as a 4th choice? I suppose it’s down to the individual and what their mindset is.

    One things for sure is there must be loads of really top keepers not getting game time for whatever reason, (manager just doesn’t fancy them, not fitting a size/style archetype, injury, too much competition) who if they get that chance are going to seize it and change the fortunes of a club. Look at what’s happened to Emi Martinez after stumbling into the Arsenal first team after years being unknown and suddenly he’s a millionaire winning the Copa America, or at a lesser level Peacock Farrell now saving everything at Sheffield Wednesday. The trick is finding them of course
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 15-09-2021 at 01:54 PM.

  20. #170
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quick Bang is available now. Reaction to the draw with St Mirren and find out why Leon is a genuine local hero.

    https://youtu.be/zV-hMKUMe04

    Available in all the usual places. And some unusual ones.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  21. #171
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quick Bang is available now. Reaction to the draw with St Mirren and find out why Leon is a genuine local hero.

    https://youtu.be/zV-hMKUMe04

    Available in all the usual places. And some unusual ones.
    Great stuff lads!

  22. #172
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quick Bang is now available in all good places, and some rubbish ones.

    We discuss our win at Dundee United.

    https://youtu.be/iJ6zCKAsCOU
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  23. #173
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Latest Quick Bang Is available now, discussing today’s win.

    https://youtu.be/wHt6jf-A-l0
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  24. #174
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Longbangers 117: Who's Melissa McCarthy?
    ✅@HibernianFC win v @StJohnstone
    ✅ traffic and diesel
    ✅ @ScottAllan_ almost pulling it off
    ✅@MartinBoyle9 immense ****housery
    ✅TeenWolf thirst issues
    ✅@HibernianWomen derby
    ✅ N64 ISS/PES nostalgia
    https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000536805574

    https://open.spotify.com/episode/18o...Fg&dl_branch=1

    https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episod...Carthy-e17vo5a

    https://share.recast.app/v/GxNMM?referrer=5mW18

    https://youtu.be/jKYLxKi7W6Q
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  25. #175
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,327
    FWIW Matty, Belle &Sebastian came on my Spotify just now and I just associate it with your podcast now

  26. #176
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW Matty, Belle &Sebastian came on my Spotify just now and I just associate it with your podcast now
    I can’t tell you how happy that makes me!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  27. #177
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,464
    Just caught up with recent episodes and delighted to finally get an airing on longbangers as I think being the poster who suggested Chris Kane as a signing 😂😂
    A great day out ruined by the football

  28. #178
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just caught up with recent episodes and delighted to finally get an airing on longbangers as I think being the poster who suggested Chris Kane as a signing 😂😂


    Nice one!!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  29. #179
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quick Bang is available now on all the usual channels. No punches pulled as face give their views on events at Ibrox:

    https://youtu.be/D78_rkU9XwA
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  30. #180
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Longbangers 118: What Chance Have You Got? is available now in all the usual places!
    ✅No fans - should we shut them out, too?
    ✅@RangersFC get the big call from the ref again
    ✅@HibernianFC in control until the intervention
    ✅Right behind Porto
    And more!

    https://share.recast.app/v/82ew9?referrer=5mW18

    https://t.co/aZhyoXnrFq

    https://open.spotify.com/episode/7J4...Lw&dl_branch=1

    https://t.co/GwDnSpPvdg

    https://youtu.be/rQgd4CSxxzM
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)