hibs.net Messageboard

Mcburnie - Nisbet

With McBurnie being out for the rest of the season, i'd imagine it makes Nisbets place in euros squad more likely

2. Log in to remove the advert

Certainly if he keeps performing as he is.

Ka-ching

A fully fit McBurnie getting ahead of Nisbet would be an embarrassment itself..

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Would dramatically add to Kevin’s value, if he was to get on, and score at Wembley😀

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would dramatically add to Kevin’s value, if he was to get on, and score at Wembley😀
    Last minute winner too .
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

McBurnie. Cheesy peeps.

I keep telling myself that I shouldn’t judge a player based on appearances. Peter Crouch was a gangly stick insect but a highly effective player and his goal scoring record speaks for itself.

I had convinced myself that McBurnie was suffering from the same problem. Awkward looking and long legged.

But then I realised he was garbage. The very fact that Sheffield Utd paid £17.5m is staggering.

It’s been an incredible rise for Kevin. 13 league goals in his first season ain’t to shabby and after the transfer request he sat on the bench and then would only get a low number of minutes.

Would he want to leave again in the summer? A good end of the season and a Euro call up should only add to the value but let’s hope he can stay another season.

I don't think we'll see a noticable drop in McBurnie's performances though.

So might still make the squad 😂

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    McBurnie. Cheesy peeps.

I keep telling myself that I shouldn’t judge a player based on appearances. Peter Crouch was a gangly stick insect but a highly effective player and his goal scoring record speaks for itself.

I had convinced myself that McBurnie was suffering from the same problem. Awkward looking and long legged.

But then I realised he was garbage. The very fact that Sheffield Utd paid £17.5m is staggering.
    Is he long legged or does he just wear his socks and shorts like a knob?

@hibs.net private member
    It’s a shame for the boy that he’s injured but I really can’t see what he brings to the team. It certainly isn’t Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    McBurnie. Cheesy peeps.

The term galoot was invented just for McBurnie....

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Is he long legged or does he just wear his socks and shorts like a knob?
    I dunno. Maybe it’s the scruffy beard.

Gangly. Glaiket.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    The term galoot was invented just for McBurnie....
    I was thinking more of 'huddie'

Mcburnie is a somewhat interesting player. Most players you can see something from them, what they bring to a team, even if you think they’re pish

mcBurnie is different, I can’t see anything that he brings to a team. Doesn’t hold it up well, doesn’t score, doesn’t stretch a defence with pace, isn’t a great header of the ball, doesn’t really do a lot of hard yards for the greater good, doesn’t seem to work the channels, he’s not even good at getting in about centre backs and disrupting/niggling them

I have no idea what coaches see in McBurnie - He gets chosen because of his "arial ability" and can be used as an out ball to relive pressure. But i hardly ever see him winning arial duels, or more importantly retaining possession. Doidge is much better in all those aspects yet you would never imagine Doidge going for £10m+ in transfers.

I thought Nisbet looked like a different player at Ibrox to the one earlier in the season. Full of confidence and holding the ball up well. If he breaks in could be very lucrative for us.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Mcburnie is a somewhat interesting player. Most players you can see something from them, what they bring to a team, even if you think they’re pish

mcBurnie is different, I can’t see anything that he brings to a team. Doesn’t hold it up well, doesn’t score, doesn’t stretch a defence with pace, isn’t a great header of the ball, doesn’t really do a lot of hard yards for the greater good, doesn’t seem to work the channels, he’s not even good at getting in about centre backs and disrupting/niggling them
    Agree with all of that. He really puzzles me. Even with Oli Burke, he has some attributes but unfortunately for him it's like he's never seen a game of football before.

I'm curious to know what fans of Sheff Utd, and Swansea, think of him.

McBurnie is god awful... how he’s even in the Scottish National team baffles me. So setting bias aside Nisbet has to get a chance ! Right ?

McBurnie is a poor mans Doidge

I'm not a fan of McBurnie for Scotland but the criticism is OTT.

He scored 9 in 18 roughly for Barnsley a few years back on loan. He then returned to Swansea and scored 20+ goals in a Championship season - something that not many players achieve. It wasn't exactly a crazy move for Sheff Utd to buy him at that point - the fee might be inflated but he fit their wage structure and realistically they weren't going to get anyone better for similar money.

He's then struggled in the EPL and likely he's out of his depth but playing for Sheffield Utd, chances are at a premium. That doesn't make him total p*sh. Nisbet hasn't played anywhere near the same level as yet and might not fare any better if he gets the chance in years to come. Albeit the fact that Nisbet has performed so well (and scored) against the OF will count for alot with teams looking at him.

So yeah, McBurnie hasn't been great for last few years but he's a decent Championship striker. Similar to Dykes and probably Nisbet in future.

The only genuine Premier League quality we have for now is Che Adams.

I would pick Nisbet ahead of Dykes and McBurnie as I think he brings more to the table than the other two.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    The bashing of mcburnie is a bit ott, yeah he isn’t a English premier league player but he scoring record in the championship is decent, still a good level

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    The bashing of mcburnie is a bit ott, yeah he isn’t a English premier league player but he scoring record in the championship is decent, still a good level
    I'd say he's not an international player too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    I don’t think it’s OTT to say he’s definitely not good enough for the Scotland squad. He may well have scored a decent number of goals in the English championship a few years ago, but for me has shown next to nothing in the last couple of years to suggest he should be playing for Scotland.