hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 961 to 989 of 989
  1. #961
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The alternative was that he was walking away for nothing after Saturday. Struggling to understand why people don't grasp this.

    Boyle got a better wage and job security, with a proviso that he could leave the club once a fee was met. If he's had a shan season, no one would have been interested. As it is, he's played his heart out, scored the goals, helped us to third place and a cup final. Sadly, he's earned a move and he's done the business, thus far. It's not rocket science
    Itís the amount I disagree with the rest I get


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #962
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCrorie the goalie that Hibs were interested in a couple of years ago? Could that be back on if we still want another GK?
    Wonder how may will end up at Hearts?

  4. #963
    Transfers in and particularly out don't really bother me as much as they used to. I fully trust the club to do what's best. They've earned my trust over the last few years so what will be will be.

  5. #964
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís the amount I disagree with the rest I get


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He may well not have signed up Ronnie. The low fee with give Boyle a much higher signing up fee/wages with any new employer. I would imagine it'll broaden the number of would be suitors too.

    It's gash, but thanks to tv money and the like, that's the modern way.

  6. #965
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,492
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Efe could be a good signing and i think he would be good support for Porto
    Just after he broke into the team, Porto was asked about our other CHís and what it was like to play with them - he was gushing about Daz, positive enough about Hanlon but reading between the lines I donít think he thought Efe helped him all that much.

    I still loved Efe as a player for us, he was class. Iíd be more positive about him coming back now heís got a bit more football behind him again, I didnít know how he might come back from his wee break.

  7. #966
    jet confirmed by Aberdeen.

    Meh.

  8. #967
    From Edinburgh live

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/martin-boyle-rubbishes-hibs-transfer-20625935.amp?__twitter_impression=true

    Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

    Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.


    And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

    He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.

  9. #968
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,264
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen will be much improved next season with Brown and the other 3 rumoured signings of JET, Griffiths and Irvine. I hope they remain rumours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    jet confirmed by Aberdeen.

    Meh.
    One down, two to go.

  10. #969
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Edinburgh live

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/martin-boyle-rubbishes-hibs-transfer-20625935.amp?__twitter_impression=true

    Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

    Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.


    And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

    He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.
    Good stuff from Boyler, very respectful to the club - which is no surprise given his character and commitment.

    Of course it doesn't mean he won't be off, that'd be a naive position to take, however it's nice to see one of these tabloid rumours squashed at source rather quickly.

  11. #970
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One down, two to go.
    Big physical signings so far

  12. #971
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,486
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big physical signings so far
    Maybe McInnes is still there after all 😁

  13. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big physical signings so far
    So far, all the wrong side of 30

  14. #973
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Dunfermline/London
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Edinburgh live

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

    Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

    Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.


    And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

    He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.
    Good. Mischief making by someone then.

  15. #974
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,264
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Edinburgh live

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

    Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

    Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.


    And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

    He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.
    How dare someone smear the fine reputation of the Scottish Sun by providing them with fake news. On the Boyle to Celtic issue, and with respect to Martin, Celtic will have to set their sights a bit higher if they want to challenge Rangers and have a run in Europe next season.

  16. #975
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Edinburgh live

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/martin-boyle-rubbishes-hibs-transfer-20625935.amp?__twitter_impression=true

    Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

    Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.


    And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

    He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.
    Standard "keeping options open" response. Good to see he's open to staying, but I suspect he will go if the clause is met.

  17. #976
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    9,465

    Summer 2021-22 transfer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if the player insisted on the clause?
    It seems to me Boyle has always done the right thing by Hibs and I hope he is one of the highest paid players at the Club
    I have no. issue with any of this apart from the amount being quoted
    He is clearly worth far more than that imo If there are add ons then it would soften the blow
    Just my view


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; Today at 05:48 PM.

  18. #977
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not a bad bit of business as he could of walked away after Saturday game for free.

    If we have upped wages for Boyle for 6months it may of been an additional 75k for the 6month period.

    425k in our bank account is better than 0.

    500k is an absolute steal though for a player of his quality.
    Your last point is the bit that I agree with


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #978
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Standard "keeping options open" response. Good to see he's open to staying, but I suspect he will go if the clause is met.
    To be honest I didn't get that from his quotes at all. He IS happy here and his quotes about hibs and his family life back that up. He comes across as really happy with his lot. I don't see him moving.

  20. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just after he broke into the team, Porto was asked about our other CHís and what it was like to play with them - he was gushing about Daz, positive enough about Hanlon but reading between the lines I donít think he thought Efe helped him all that much.

    I still loved Efe as a player for us, he was class. Iíd be more positive about him coming back now heís got a bit more football behind him again, I didnít know how he might come back from his wee break.
    When Porto and Boyler did there Caribou challenge the way they spoke about Efe you could tell they both held Efe in high regard as footballer. Well that was the impression i got from it from it. So I'm surprised by that.

  21. #980
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How dare someone smear the fine reputation of the Scottish Sun by providing them with fake news. On the Boyle to Celtic issue, and with respect to Martin, Celtic will have to set their sights a bit higher if they want to challenge Rangers and have a run in Europe next season.
    MB didn't deny the clause existed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  22. #981
    JET is a big upgrade on Kamberi for Aberdeen

  23. #982
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good stuff from Boyler, very respectful to the club - which is no surprise given his character and commitment.

    Of course it doesn't mean he won't be off, that'd be a naive position to take, however it's nice to see one of these tabloid rumours squashed at source rather quickly.
    Starman can't tell you how happy that has made me. I have been a bit down all day thinking about this and the Euro situation. Much more positive now. You gotta luv that guy. bring it back home Boyler.

  24. #983
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JET is a big upgrade on Kamberi for Aberdeen
    Both much worse than Cosgrove who is really the one they're trying to replace.

  25. #984
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JET is a big upgrade on Kamberi for Aberdeen
    He's hardly set the heather on fire at Livvy, they're welcome to him

  26. #985
    Bruce Anderson joins Livingston from Aberdeen on a pre-contract

  27. #986
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's hardly set the heather on fire at Livvy, they're welcome to him
    Yep couldn't agree more mate...if that's the standard Aberdeen are signing...il take it deffo

  28. #987
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,881
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's hardly set the heather on fire at Livvy, they're welcome to him
    Think heís a decent squad addition - not likely to be their main number 9..but will get some goals and add a bit of quality to their bench ....

  29. #988
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,554
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think heís a decent squad addition - not likely to be their main number 9..but will get some goals and add a bit of quality to their bench ....
    Aye heís a decent back up. We definitely need to bring another striker in. 2 if nisbet leaves. Absolutely cannot leave ourselves with only 2 strikers to choose from

  30. #989
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JET is a big upgrade on Kamberi for Aberdeen
    Wouldnít go that far, a couple of flashes of excellence other than that Iíve not seen anything from him that stands out. Gifted is a goal at Livi which was nice and actually quite Kamberiesq

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)