hibs.net Messageboard

Page 33 of 423 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The alternative was that he was walking away for nothing after Saturday. Struggling to understand why people don't grasp this.

Boyle got a better wage and job security, with a proviso that he could leave the club once a fee was met. If he's had a shan season, no one would have been interested. As it is, he's played his heart out, scored the goals, helped us to third place and a cup final. Sadly, he's earned a move and he's done the business, thus far. It's not rocket science
    It’s the amount I disagree with the rest I get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    McCrorie the goalie that Hibs were interested in a couple of years ago? Could that be back on if we still want another GK?
    Wonder how may will end up at Hearts?

Transfers in and particularly out don't really bother me as much as they used to. I fully trust the club to do what's best. They've earned my trust over the last few years so what will be will be.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    It’s the amount I disagree with the rest I get

He may well not have signed up Ronnie. The low fee with give Boyle a much higher signing up fee/wages with any new employer. I would imagine it'll broaden the number of would be suitors too.

It's gash, but thanks to tv money and the like, that's the modern way.

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Efe could be a good signing and i think he would be good support for Porto
    Just after he broke into the team, Porto was asked about our other CH’s and what it was like to play with them - he was gushing about Daz, positive enough about Hanlon but reading between the lines I don’t think he thought Efe helped him all that much.

I still loved Efe as a player for us, he was class. I’d be more positive about him coming back now he’s got a bit more football behind him again, I didn’t know how he might come back from his wee break.

jet confirmed by Aberdeen.

Meh.

From Edinburgh live

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/martin-boyle-rubbishes-hibs-transfer-20625935.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.

And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Aberdeen will be much improved next season with Brown and the other 3 rumoured signings of JET, Griffiths and Irvine. I hope they remain rumours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    jet confirmed by Aberdeen.

Meh.
    One down, two to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    From Edinburgh live

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/martin-boyle-rubbishes-hibs-transfer-20625935.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hibs star Martin Boyle has rubbished any suggestion he is looking to leave the club this summer.

Reports suggested Hibs faced a fight to keep him at Easter Road due to a £500k clause in his contract but Boyle has laughed it off.

And while he admits he was delighted to see his name linked with any move, he insists he has no real interest in moving on but is flattered by the talks.

He was heavily linked with Celtic in the past and the Australia international is just focusing on the Scottish Cup Final and then returning for a European trip next season.
    Good stuff from Boyler, very respectful to the club - which is no surprise given his character and commitment.

Of course it doesn't mean he won't be off, that'd be a naive position to take, however it's nice to see one of these tabloid rumours squashed at source rather quickly.

One down, two to go.
    Big physical signings so far

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Maybe McInnes is still there after all 😁

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    So far, all the wrong side of 30

Left by mutual consent!
    From Edinburgh live

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

Good. Mischief making by someone then.

Blog Entries
    From Edinburgh live

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

How dare someone smear the fine reputation of the Scottish Sun by providing them with fake news. On the Boyle to Celtic issue, and with respect to Martin, Celtic will have to set their sights a bit higher if they want to challenge Rangers and have a run in Europe next season.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    From Edinburgh live

Standard "keeping options open" response. Good to see he's open to staying, but I suspect he will go if the clause is met.

Summer 2021-22 transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What if the player insisted on the clause?
    It seems to me Boyle has always done the right thing by Hibs and I hope he is one of the highest paid players at the Club
    I have no. issue with any of this apart from the amount being quoted
    He is clearly worth far more than that imo If there are add ons then it would soften the blow
    Just my view

Last edited by Ronniekirk; 18-05-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Its not a bad bit of business as he could of walked away after Saturday game for free.

If we have upped wages for Boyle for 6months it may of been an additional 75k for the 6month period.

425k in our bank account is better than 0.

500k is an absolute steal though for a player of his quality.
    Your last point is the bit that I agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Standard "keeping options open" response. Good to see he's open to staying, but I suspect he will go if the clause is met.
    To be honest I didn't get that from his quotes at all. He IS happy here and his quotes about hibs and his family life back that up. He comes across as really happy with his lot. I don't see him moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Just after he broke into the team, Porto was asked about our other CH’s and what it was like to play with them - he was gushing about Daz, positive enough about Hanlon but reading between the lines I don’t think he thought Efe helped him all that much.

I still loved Efe as a player for us, he was class. I’d be more positive about him coming back now he’s got a bit more football behind him again, I didn’t know how he might come back from his wee break.
    When Porto and Boyler did there Caribou challenge the way they spoke about Efe you could tell they both held Efe in high regard as footballer. Well that was the impression i got from it from it. So I'm surprised by that.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    How dare someone smear the fine reputation of the Scottish Sun by providing them with fake news. On the Boyle to Celtic issue, and with respect to Martin, Celtic will have to set their sights a bit higher if they want to challenge Rangers and have a run in Europe next season.
    MB didn't deny the clause existed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

JET is a big upgrade on Kamberi for Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Good stuff from Boyler, very respectful to the club - which is no surprise given his character and commitment.

Of course it doesn't mean he won't be off, that'd be a naive position to take, however it's nice to see one of these tabloid rumours squashed at source rather quickly.
    Starman can't tell you how happy that has made me. I have been a bit down all day thinking about this and the Euro situation. Much more positive now. You gotta luv that guy. bring it back home Boyler.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Both much worse than Cosgrove who is really the one they're trying to replace.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    He's hardly set the heather on fire at Livvy, they're welcome to him

Bruce Anderson joins Livingston from Aberdeen on a pre-contract

Yep couldn't agree more mate...if that's the standard Aberdeen are signing...il take it deffo

@hibs.net private member
    Think he’s a decent squad addition - not likely to be their main number 9..but will get some goals and add a bit of quality to their bench ....

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think he’s a decent squad addition - not likely to be their main number 9..but will get some goals and add a bit of quality to their bench ....
    Aye he’s a decent back up. We definitely need to bring another striker in. 2 if nisbet leaves. Absolutely cannot leave ourselves with only 2 strikers to choose from

Wouldn’t go that far, a couple of flashes of excellence other than that I’ve not seen anything from him that stands out. Gifted is a goal at Livi which was nice and actually quite Kamberiesq

Been saying for ages to anyone who'll listen (which isn't many when it's me talking) that Aberdeen are reigning in their spending. They are going to experience what we did for a few years....