hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 70
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McFadden said the ref rushed the red card decision. Back in the real world, he checked with his linesman. No wonder people are fed up with the programme when they come out with made up "facts" to suit their view.
    Iíll give him the benefit as the Saturday programme is rushed out. As for the Sunday night programme Iím amazed that they think Boyle mightíve stood on the guy. they seemed to be suggesting itís not even worthy of a yellow!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,323
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll give him the benefit as the Saturday programme is rushed out. As for the Sunday night programme Iím amazed that they think Boyle mightíve stood on the guy. they seemed to be suggesting itís not even worthy of a yellow!
    If he had caught Boyle he couldve broken his leg.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he had caught Boyle he couldve broken his leg.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Itís mental - all the ďitís a contact sportĒ and ďthe games goneĒ stuff. Itís like the never watched the tackle.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    53
    Posts
    20,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís mental - all the ďitís a contact sportĒ and ďthe games goneĒ stuff. Itís like the never watched the tackle.
    They watched it in detail as did I and totally agree with them, never a red card, a ridiculous decision.

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,974
    A clear and obvious red card. The game has changed and players are going to have to wise up to that.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member mim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Buckhaven
    Age
    74
    Posts
    13,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They watched it in detail as did I and totally agree with them, never a red card, a ridiculous decision.
    If it wasn't for the fact that it was a reckless, at speed, studs up, out of control challenge, you would be right

  8. #37
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    43,181
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They watched it in detail as did I and totally agree with them, never a red card, a ridiculous decision.
    I donít think, given the debate on it, it could ever be described as a ridiculous decision.

    The ref has had one look at it, take advice and produced a red card, which some pundits and a lot of fans have agreed with.

    If thatís ridiculous then Iíd like to see how ridiculous your definition of the word ďridiculousĒ is.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    53
    Posts
    20,993
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donít think, given the debate on it, it could ever be described as a ridiculous decision.

    The ref has had one look at it, take advice and produced a red card, which some pundits and a lot of fans have agreed with.

    If thatís ridiculous then Iíd like to see how ridiculous your definition of the word ďridiculousĒ is.
    Simple really, as Marv said if thatís a red card he may as well pack in tackling, ridiculous in my opinion as I said.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simple really, as Marv said if thatís a red card he may as well pack in tackling, ridiculous in my opinion as I said.
    If Marv can only tackle like that he may as well pack in.

    Is it only cos Hamilton glanced him you think that? If heíd managed to wipe him out (as intended) would it have been a red then?

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,836
    Red all day long. It was wild and out of control.

    At least Boyle anticipated it as i fear what would have happened if he continued his run.

    Are we really expecting Boyle to get seriously injured before we expect to see red cards!

  12. #41
    Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    roond the corner
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simple really, as Marv said if thatís a red card he may as well pack in tackling, ridiculous in my opinion as I said.
    Yep, for the 3rd time. Still think it was a red card

  13. #42
    First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Newark, New Jersey
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never liked sportscene since Sutherland landed the gig.
    Not a massive fan of Sutherland but he's better than that **** Rob Maclean

  14. #43
    Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    roond the corner
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Red all day long. It was wild and out of control.

    At least Boyle anticipated it as i fear what would have happened if he continued his run.

    Are we really expecting Boyle to get seriously injured before we expect to see red cards!
    Of course it was. Leg breaker all day long if that had made contact.

  15. #44
    First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Newark, New Jersey
    Posts
    264
    Regarding the tackle, the boy comes flying in at 300 mile an hour and completely misses the ball, would've snapped boyle in 2 if he made contact. I initially also thought it was harsh but I don't see how people can be saying "Never in a million years". It's a reckless challenge and the intent was there. Boy's got previous as well.

  16. #45
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McFadden said the ref rushed the red card decision. Back in the real world, he checked with his linesman. No wonder people are fed up with the programme when they come out with made up "facts" to suit their view.
    And Barnes said that the referee was only going to book him and the linesman changed his mind.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,167
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Itís a red card, heís going into that tackle with the intent to hurt our player. Boyle is very lucky there wasnít more contact.

    You donít have to break someoneís leg for it to be a terrible tackle.

    If heíd swung a punch at Boyle and missed it would be a red, you canít act like a thug, heís went to do him with the tackle, and the wee prick deserved the red card.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,567
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís a red card, heís going into that tackle with the intent to hurt our player. Boyle is very lucky there wasnít more contact.

    You donít have to break someoneís leg for it to be a terrible tackle.

    If heíd swung a punch at Boyle and missed it would be a red, you canít act like a thug, heís went to do him with the tackle, and the wee prick deserved the red card.
    I think you're wrong on that.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,687
    I wonder what theyíd say if it had been Big Daz making that tackle on Saturday?

    I donít watch or listen to any of the BBC pish and by all accounts thereís negativity aground Hibs once again!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what theyíd say if it had been Big Daz making that tackle on Saturday?

    I donít watch or listen to any of the BBC pish and by all accounts thereís negativity aground Hibs once again!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They werenít being negative about Hibs, theyíre doing trial by sportscene in reverse.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,323
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what theyíd say if it had been Big Daz making that tackle on Saturday?

    I donít watch or listen to any of the BBC pish and by all accounts thereís negativity aground Hibs once again!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God forbid it was Porteous. The lad Hamilton has previous and he should have kept more control.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They werenít being negative about Hibs, theyíre doing trial by sportscene in reverse.
    So looking for every excuse for it not to be a red or indeed a penalty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God forbid it was Porteous. The lad Hamilton has previous and he should have kept more control.
    Indeed. Having watched in on numerous occasions and from other angles itís a red every day of the week!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #52

    similar tackle

    If my memory serves me well i recall Porteous being sent off last season for a similar tackle against Rangers and nobody disputed that one

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If my memory serves me well i recall Porteous being sent off last season for a similar tackle against Rangers and nobody disputed that one
    The biggest differences between the tackles are the opposition and the reaction of theirrespective managers. Ryans tackle I don't think was any worse but Gerrard made a meal of it at the time and has held it against Ryan ever since. The press therefore have their duty to report that as fact as it came from the mouth of the manager of Rangers. Hamiltons tackle however was against Hibs and our manager did not set out to crucify the guy.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,202
    Out of control, at speed with high feet. Canít see why thereís even any the slightest doubt over it.

  26. #55
    Testimonial Due Broken Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're wrong on that.
    There is one camera angle that suggests he meant to put a little extra on Boyle rather than just winning the ball.

  27. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest differences between the tackles are the opposition and the reaction of theirrespective managers. Ryans tackle I don't think was any worse but Gerrard made a meal of it at the time and has held it against Ryan ever since. The press therefore have their duty to report that as fact as it came from the mouth of the manager of Rangers. Hamiltons tackle however was against Hibs and our manager did not set out to crucify the guy.
    Plenty folk on here said it wasnít a red for that. Iím being consistent - I thought both were red - I was raging at Porteous at the time.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,167
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is one camera angle that suggests he meant to put a little extra on Boyle rather than just winning the ball.
    Yep

  29. #58
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,974
    A lot of tv and pod producers have realised that thereís only so much time you can spend analysing ref decisions and then debating it ad nauseum before it becomes boring TV. Sportscene seem to be late to that. Personally Iíd rather they just briefly said their opinion and then talked about the actual game instead.

    Ligue 1 dont show red cards at all in their highlights show, which is a bit weird and going too far IMO, but thereís a middle ground to be found here. MOTD isnít much better; The whole point of VAR was supposed to be to stop rows about decisions; the result down south seems to be the opposite.

  30. #59
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plenty folk on here said it wasnít a red for that. Iím being consistent - I thought both were red - I was raging at Porteous at the time.
    Yes, I remember opinion being split on the Porteous one. For me the key difference was that while Porteous initially had his foot high, by the time he actually reached the player his foot was practically on the ground and studs no longer showing. To my mind that's not dangerous, although I can see why the referee would give it having seen the initial height of his foot.

    However, I've no idea what the referee's guidance/standard interpretation is for an example like Porto's Ė it may well be that the ref was completely correct based on that.
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is one camera angle that suggests he meant to put a little extra on Boyle rather than just winning the ball.
    Exactly.

    There are ways of making a tackle like that and the way he made that challenge was a red card.

    If his foot is low, on the ground and with studs not showing then itís a classic piece of defending.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)