hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Celtic goal

  1. #91
    Testimonial Due Tricla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still no seeing a McGinn touch. Turnbull turns in to trouble because of his first touch, he ends up about side on to goal, flicks the ball away and buys a foul.
    SM definitely gets the ball for me. There's no way Turnbull's second touch was going that quickly diagonally away from goal. Can only be a touch from SM. It even looks like he gets a flick on it.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Testimonial Due Tricla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you should go and view the thread, still people saying after the YouTube link they canít see it, for me turnbull hits the ball and McGinn is late
    Those people are incorrect.

  4. #93
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those people are incorrect.
    I couldn't tell either way, to be honest. First reaction was to shout at the ref that it was never a foul, on watching the replay at first I then thought the ref was right.

    I've watched a few times now and I can't tell conclusively one way or the other, so for me that's not an error from the ref, he's a split second to make a call on that and if his thoughts were that he'd seen the foul then I'd believe it.

    His decision not to apply the laws of the game to Duffy's presence in the Hibs wall, though, is inexplicable and inexcusable.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  5. #94
    Testimonial Due Tricla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't tell either way, to be honest. First reaction was to shout at the ref that it was never a foul, on watching the replay at first I then thought the ref was right.

    I've watched a few times now and I can't tell conclusively one way or the other, so for me that's not an error from the ref, he's a split second to make a call on that and if his thoughts were that he'd seen the foul then I'd believe it.

    His decision not to apply the laws of the game to Duffy's presence in the Hibs wall, though, is inexplicable and inexcusable.
    I can see why the ref thought it was a foul. DT was between him and SM and it happened so fast. However, when you watch the replay it seems clear to me that SM's touch diverts the ball away. There was nothing about DT's movement or direction that would have caused the ball to go off at the angle it did.

    We have the advantage of being able to look at it in that detail and take our time doing so. The ref has to make a quick decision based on what he saw and from what angle. I don't hold it against the ref for giving it as a foul and I would never vouch for VAR to make those decisions in our game. Also, he could easily have given a pen (and I was surprised he didn't given the opponent and venue) for the Porto tackle.

    Agree with your point about Duffy. Comedy refereeing. The ref probably thought he was isolating and couldn't possibly be in the wall!

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    31,855
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw that very angle the other night and thatís why Iím so convinced. No quite behind the goal but the other side of McGinn.
    Sure Sky showed an angle on the night clearly showing Stephen getting the ball.

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Petty I know as it was a quality free kick but shouldn't have stood as Duffy was in our wall and not the required 1m away.
    Probably the only good thing he ever did for Celtic. Just an awful, calamitous player. Can't believe he's wanted down south too. I'm not sure he'd even get into our starting xi.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member happiehibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,196
    am glad they scored. We then started to play with a bit of passion

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)