This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should have been in quarantine!

In Dubai.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It definitely wasn’t a free kick, Mcginn clearly wins the ball. I didn’t notice Duffy in the wall, but surely the referee has to see that.
    or the linesman near side ... or far side ... or 4th official ..

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQHib View Post
    or the linesman near side ... or far side ... or 4th official ..

The clip of freekick looking king down the pitch shows it all .

The Hibs wall with Duffy standing in the gap right next to the end of the Hibs wall. The ref is also in the picture looking straight at the wall and where Duffy is.

He’s obviously unaware of the rules.

@hibs.net private member
    The officials in Scotland are years behind the top officials in standards and knowledge... the fact they are not professionals means they don't give a toss, in my opinion.

If we think EPL and the likes are working out all the kinks of VAR then we are mistaken, if, and thats a big IF, we get VAR then i can tell you know our officials will bumble their way through that as well.

I mean when was the last time you saw an official telling a player to leave by the nearest byline? There's no fans in now so no excuse about player safety?

Inconsistent enforcement and use of the newer offside regulations about letting play go on til the play finishes....

Handball in the box still applied inconsistently.

Sending off hedges and giving a penalty in the Dons v Huns game... incorrectly applied rules.

I could go on... and i implore anyone to add to this list.....!
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 13-01-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    The officials in Scotland are years behind the top officials in standards and knowledge... the fact they are not professionals means they don't give a toss, in my opinion.

If we think EPL and the like are working out all the kinks of VAR then we are mistaken, if, and that a big IF, we get VAR then i can tell you know our officials will bumble their way through that as well.

I mean when was the last time you saw an official telling a player to leave by the nearest byline? There's no fans in now so no excuse about player safety?

Inconsistent enforcement and use of the newer offside regulations about letting play go on tilt he play finishes....

Sending off hedges and giving a penalty in the Dons v Huns game... incorrectly applied rules.

Can bash them about a lot but the Hedges one they correctly applied the rules when it would be easy not to. He never made a play for the ball so red card was correct, even if I don’t necessarily agree with that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Can bash them about a lot but the Hedges one they correctly applied the rules when it would be easy not to. He never made a play for the ball so red card was correct, even if I don’t necessarily agree with that.
    Fair enough... but its open to debate in my opinion.

One instance applied correctly doesn't make up for a multitude of poor decisions.

Fair enough... but its open to debate in my opinion.

One instance applied correctly doesn't make up for a multitude of poor decisions.
    It’s not open to debate. If you foul someone trying to win the ball you won’t be sent off, if you handball, pull or foul someone without trying to win the ball you’ll be sent off.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

If we think EPL and the likes are working out all the kinks of VAR then we are mistaken, if, and thats a big IF, we get VAR then i can tell you know our officials will bumble their way through that as well.

Inconsistent enforcement and use of the newer offside regulations about letting play go on til the play finishes....

Our refs are maybe not full time professional, but for £ 800 fee per match they should be expected to know the rules.

It wasn’t a free kick, but it was a fantastical free kick taken. Is what it is.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Our refs are maybe not full time professional, but for £ 800 fee per match they should be expected to know the rules.
    Is it not about a thousand pounds now? Think it was 800 when they had their strike

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Optimal word being SHOULD.

Blog Entries
    The "non foul" for their goal could have been avoided if Stevie McLean had acted earlier. In the 1st 20 minutes Nisbet was repeatedly fouled without penalty, meanwhile every time a Celtc player was tackled a foul was given. This set the tone & allowed McGregor & Johnston to try it on with outrageous dives. To his credit McLean wasn't fooled but both should have been booked for simulation. A few minutes before the free kick Turnbull was being harassed, completely fairly, by Gogic. Turnbull was waving his arms about & shouting for a free kick. I knew then he would be going to ground as soon as possible & unfortunately S McGinn gave him that opportunity. What gets me is , the idiot that is Andy Walker, stating McGinn was nowhere near the ball. He clearly made contact with the ball, whether under current iterpretations the follow through could be deemed a foul is possible, but commentators making incorrect statements with complete certainty is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    He clearly made contact with the ball, whether under current iterpretations the follow through could be deemed a foul is possible, but commentators making incorrect statements with complete certainty is ridiculous!
    Thing is there is no follow through, he flicks the ball away and his foot lands on the ground. It's Turnbull's momentum into the Hibs player that makes him lose balance. Never a foul.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Duffy made no difference to the free kick. He was behind the wall and stepped forward as it was struck. The ball wasn’t close to him and Hanlon’s jump was also irrelevant. He would have needed spring heels to make contact with it. It was a superbly executed free kick, it happens.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Duffy made no difference to the free kick. He was behind the wall and stepped forward as it was struck. The ball wasn’t close to him and Hanlon’s jump was also irrelevant. He would have needed spring heels to make contact with it. It was a superbly executed free kick, it happens.
    I agree on both points.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Petty I know as it was a quality free kick but shouldn't have stood as Duffy was in our wall and not the required 1m away.
    Should never have been a free kick anyway - McGinn clearly won the ball and cleanly. Incredibly poor decision gifted Celtic a gilt edged chance which they duly took.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I agree on both points.
    The replay from behind the free kick give a proper perspective on both issues. The side angle skews the perspective a fair bit.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Should never have been a free kick anyway - McGinn clearly won the ball and cleanly. Incredibly poor decision gifted Celtic a gilt edged chance which they duly took.
    It’s one of those ones where had it been in the box they would be looking to see if the defender had got anything on the ball. Mcginn didn’t just get something on the ball, he made a perfectly good tackle. What was more annoying was that the commentators all said it was a free kick.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    The replay from behind the free kick give a proper perspective on both issues. The side angle skews the perspective a fair bit.
    It doesn’t matter if him being there affected the resultant free kick or not. The rule states he should be at least 1m away from our wall. He wasn’t

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Does anyone have a link to a replay of the tackle or highlights where it was shown?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a replay of the tackle or highlights where it was shown?

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwCOi_C5TrE&t=292s

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I'm sorry but that is never a free kick. I had a go at McGinn on the match thread having heard it over the radio and I fully take it back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s one of those ones where had it been in the box they would be looking to see if the defender had got anything on the ball. Mcginn didn’t just get something on the ball, he made a perfectly good tackle. What was more annoying was that the commentators all said it was a free kick.
    Andy Walker is a blinkered Celtic-obsessed moron - no surprise that he is incapable of objective observation - what is a surprise is that TV producers allow him anywhere near a microphone.

It’s clearly just me but I think Turnbull kicks the ball away, not McGinn. He plays for the foul but it is a foul for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It’s clearly just me but I think Turnbull kicks the ball away, not McGinn. He plays for the foul but it is a foul for me.
    I hate to say it but that's what it looks like to me too.

Not a foul. McGinn gets a foot on the ball and knocks it away, Turnbull runs into the leg and body, playing for a foul. Robbed .

Except standing in the wall, blocking the keepers view (can see Macey looking around trying to get a view). The rule states he must be 1m away when the kick is taken, he’s standing right on the edge of the wall. As clear a foul as you’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The ball picks up speed and changes direction when McGinn kicks it, Turnbulls flick wouldn’t have done that.

Except standing in the wall, blocking the keepers view (can see Macey looking around trying to get a view). The rule states he must be 1m away when the kick is taken, he’s standing right on the edge of the wall. As clear a foul as you’ll see.
    Debateable as to whether he blocks the view, given that there's also five or six Hibs players in front of him (Macey), but yes, he's definitely not 1m away from the wall. Makes you wonder why a player gets involved in the wall if the rules are so clear cut. It was a brilliant free kick, why would anyone compromise that with so little to gain?

So it wasn't a foul and the goal should have been disallowed too. Brilliant officiating at work...not

The ball picks up speed and changes direction when McGinn kicks it, Turnbulls flick wouldn’t have done that.
    Still no seeing a McGinn touch. Turnbull turns in to trouble because of his first touch, he ends up about side on to goal, flicks the ball away and buys a foul.