hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 2224

Thread: Neil Lennon

  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    18,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.His usual calf injury.
    Would that be his Ďweek affí injury?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would that be his Ďweek affí injury?
    No it really is an injury.Remember he suffered before the cup final against Celtic.It goes back a long way and is due to a failure to do proper gym work and just play football instead.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    18,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it really is an injury.Remember he suffered before the cup final against Celtic.It goes back a long way and is due to a failure to do proper gym work and just play football instead.
    I know, but I canít resist a wee tongue in cheek comment. I actually do sympathise with LGís problems and would like to see him back to his best.

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, but I canít resist a wee tongue in cheek comment. I actually do sympathise with LGís problems and would like to see him back to his best.
    Yes and the years are drifting by.One of my biggest regrets is not seeing Riordan and then Griffiths playing regularly for Scotland.They certainly should have.

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,186
    Got a text from a mate saying Lennon was negotiating a deal with Celtic to leave, have no idea if any truth in this, he's just passing on whet he heard.

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    13,742
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember it well and there were no calls from anyone to have him sacked.

    There never were. The day he left everyone was in complete shock, no one said they saw it coming.

    The general feeling amongst the fans was that the board hadnít supported him enough in the summer. Even through that run of 14 the fans were generally right behind Lennon and saying it was down to the players.
    There was plenty people thought his time was up.

    Overall Lennon was probably a success at Hibs. But not an overwhelming success, nowhere near it. We slogged our way to the Championship looking a poorer side than the season before imo, we done pretty well in our first season up overall but were exceptional for a third of the season and were rotten for nearly half the season after before he left. Over the piece I enjoyed most of his time here - even though the Championship wasnít great itís impossible not to enjoy winning the league but Iím fairly certain any manager would have got us up that year and I donít think any Hibs fan couldnít have enjoyed the first season back up, especially after Xmas.

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is quoting 9.75 not a bit parochial? Only Rangers fans surely believe Celtic didnít win the league last year?
    Only Celtic fans give a **** it was 9?

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    26,037
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only Celtic fans give a **** it was 9?
    Iím sure, but it is at least a fact isnít it? I would think most of us wouldnít be interested enough in all that to use stuff like 9.75.

  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím sure, but it is at least a fact isnít it? I would think most of us wouldnít be interested enough in all that to use stuff like 9.75.
    Iím no bothered either way tbh. Two disgusting bigots living in the past fat bald clubs fighting over a comb 👌👍

  11. #130
    He really needs to calm down and take a look at himself, rather than continually blame his players all the time. It was his decision not to play a striker last night. Poor and costly decision. But his decision.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,128
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really needs to calm down and take a look at himself, rather than continually blame his players all the time. It was his decision not to play a striker last night. Poor and costly decision. But his decision.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Never happen. Heís a dick.

    A winner my arse.

  13. #132
    Met him not long after hearts beat us 1 nil at Easter Road and he was spot on with my son, despite being absolutely steaming (him not me).

    His time was probably just about a success. We won the championship, but it was far more of a grind than it should have been.

    First season back we were thoroughly average until January, then scintillating between February and May.

    Final season was very meh and writing was on the wall.

    Overall, probably a 6.5/7 out of 10.

    Unfortunately, that still puts him in the top 5 managers in the last 30 years, if not top 3.

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Met him not long after hearts beat us 1 nil at Easter Road and he was spot on with my son, despite being absolutely steaming (him not me).

    His time was probably just about a success. We won the championship, but it was far more of a grind than it should have been.

    First season back we were thoroughly average until January, then scintillating between February and May.

    Final season was very meh and writing was on the wall.

    Overall, probably a 6.5/7 out of 10.

    Unfortunately, that still puts him in the top 5 managers in the last 30 years, if not top 3.
    There's a question. All our managers have had big faults or left in bad circumstances.



    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,264
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a question. All our managers have had big faults or left in bad circumstances.



    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Managers who have had success at Hibs, are not afforded a bad season anymore, and the chance to build another team.

    We've had it with Hughes and Lennon, who gave us Europe through our league position not through cup wins or finishing runner up.

    We'd rather bring in someone else, who's had no success at the club and give him a chance, rather than give a manager we've actually witnessed give us success another season.

    Looking at it from this website, it was clear from the start of Hughes and lennon's tenure, some folk never liked them from the start, and some folk couldnt wait to get stuck right into them the minute things were not going great, and in some cases even when things were great and we were actually winning games in Europe.

    When i look at how good we've been over my lifetime as a fan, i do wonder what some folk think is success, as i've not seen a lot of it over the years.

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,015
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Managers who have had success at Hibs, are not afforded a bad season anymore, and the chance to build another team.

    We've had it with Hughes and Lennon, who gave us Europe through our league position not through cup wins or finishing runner up.

    We'd rather bring in someone else, who's had no success at the club and give him a chance, rather than give a manager we've actually witnessed give us success another season.

    Looking at it from this website, it was clear from the start of Hughes and lennon's tenure, some folk never liked them from the start, and some folk couldnt wait to get stuck right into them the minute things were not going great, and in some cases even when things were great and we were actually winning games in Europe.

    When i look at how good we've been over my lifetime as a fan, i do wonder what some folk think is success, as i've not seen a lot of it over the years.
    While I agree with the majority of what you say, Iím not sure how you marry all that to the negativity youíve afforded John Collins over the years.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,128
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a question. All our managers have had big faults or left in bad circumstances.



    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Stubbsy. Donít say he was ****ging the physio either.

  18. #137
    Ajer and Ntchams agents have asked Celtic for valuations on the players so they can start negotiating moves for them.

    Interesting times ahead at Celtic I think.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    13,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ajer and Ntchams agents have asked Celtic for valuations on the players so they can start negotiating moves for them.

    Interesting times ahead at Celtic I think.
    Didnít realise Ntcham has been there 6 years and only managed 73 league appearances. Heís a decent player but if he never plays then heíll be no great loss.

    Was Ajer not being touted for a move to Milan for a ridiculous fee? If Edouard also goes then Celtic could be looking at having an obscene amount of money for a Scottish team. How Lennon/the board spend it could see them stroll the league for years to come or potentially lose them 10 in a row.

    Edit: Sky Sports said heíd been there since 2014 but itís 2017 so heís only been there 3 years.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 28-08-2020 at 06:47 AM.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    38,410
    i thought ntcham was one of their better players the other night, forrest and McGregor have had their purple patches and i'l be surprised if scott brown gets next season

  21. #140
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didnít realise Ntcham has been there 6 years and only managed 73 league appearances. Heís a decent player but if he never plays then heíll be no great loss.

    Was Ajer not being touted for a move to Milan for a ridiculous fee? If Edouard also goes then Celtic could be looking at having an obscene amount of money for a Scottish team. How Lennon/the board spend it could see them stroll the league for years to come or potentially lose them 10 in a row.
    I honestly don't see it with Ajer at all. Everytime I see him he looks all over the place and a liability.

    I see Liverpool have been linked with him which is just crazy IMO. Eduard is the only player they have that could play genuine top level.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 28-08-2020 at 05:34 AM.

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,264
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I agree with the majority of what you say, Iím not sure how you marry all that to the negativity youíve afforded John Collins over the years.
    Collins was brilliant when he first arrived, i remember driving home from a Motherwell away game thinking he was the best manager since Turnbull, even though i wrote off my BMW on the way back.

    Very quickly he alienated players he could not control, and as soon as he was able to bring in his own players, it was very clear those players were vastly inferior to those that left.

    Now i'm not daft enough to have expected similar players to Brown, Thomson and the likes, but Alan O****in brien, kung foo terry and Brian Kerr were all bloody useless.

    And dont get me started on that bloody keeper Makalamby.

  23. #142
    One thing that Collins and Lennon have in common is they inherited a very good Hibs side which went downhill when they brought their own players in

  24. #143
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing that Collins and Lennon have in common is they inherited a very good Hibs side which went downhill when they brought their own players in
    They both also inherited good players who were going to be very difficult to replace - but also imperfect sides with weaknesses which it should have been possible to improve.

    I agree with you though - and when you assess a Hibs manager you need to look at what they inherited, how much they were backed and what they left behind.

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing that Collins and Lennon have in common is they inherited a very good Hibs side which went downhill when they brought their own players in

    Was just going to post this, add in the fact that both have large egos and an inability to man manage properly, always a recipe for disaster.

  26. #145
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was just going to post this, add in the fact that both have large egos and an inability to man manage properly, always a recipe for disaster.
    Theyíve also both achieved enough in the game to be afforded a bit of respect though.

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,856
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    theres a part of me that would for him to mess up 10 in a row. He's doing a decent job so far.

  28. #147
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Osprey Heights
    Posts
    29,359
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collins was brilliant when he first arrived, i remember driving home from a Motherwell away game thinking he was the best manager since Turnbull, even though i wrote off my BMW on the way back.

    Very quickly he alienated players he could not control, and as soon as he was able to bring in his own players, it was very clear those players were vastly inferior to those that left.

    Now i'm not daft enough to have expected similar players to Brown, Thomson and the likes, but Alan O****in brien, kung foo terry and Brian Kerr were all bloody useless.

    And dont get me started on that bloody keeper Makalamby.

    We won our first trophy in years under Collins and people were calling for his head by Christmas. Lennon didn't win any trophies and people were calling for his head by Christmas

    Collins lost one of the most promising group of players in years and had to replace them with a strict budget... ditto with Lennon.

    Collins' final season started well and went downhill for literally three months... as did Lennon's.

    Collins seemed to have an attitude problem with the players... Lennon seems to have the same problem with every team he's ever managed (even the current Celtc side).


    Collins' lasting legacy was a trophy (we won 5-1) and the Training Centre that he pushed for. Lennon's was finishing fourth.



    (just a different perspective )
    Last edited by Keith_M; 28-08-2020 at 08:14 AM.

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    13,742
    Heard a clip from an interview with Lewis Stevenson on the ĎDid Ye Aye?í Podcast about NL.

    Apparently came in over an hour late, told the players ďletís get one thing ****ing straight here, this isnít a democracy, this is a dictatorship and Iím in chargeĒ And then put on a video of the playoff defeat to Falkirk - which he wasnít even manager for - and absolutely slaughtered the players and lost the rag.

    Itís no surprise he falls out with so many of his players and we ended up with such a toxic atmosphere if thatís his approach to management.

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,853
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard a clip from an interview with Lewis Stevenson on the ĎDid Ye Aye?í Podcast about NL.

    Apparently came in over an hour late, told the players ďletís get one thing ****ing straight here, this isnít a democracy, this is a dictatorship and Iím in chargeĒ And then put on a video of the playoff defeat to Falkirk - which he wasnít even manager for - and absolutely slaughtered the players and lost the rag.

    Itís no surprise he falls out with so many of his players and we ended up with such a toxic atmosphere if thatís his approach to management.
    Link?

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,128
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennons an ******** and doesnít give a **** about Hibs. **** him.
    Lewis seems to agree then 😁

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)