hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say sweet potato was a veg, it's classed as a carb like rice, pasta, bread etc. Any other veg is seen as free, such as cabbage, broccoli, green beans, they are full of vitamins and nutrients. More recently things like kale and seaweed have become very popular. Carbs turn into sugar which gives energy, if you don't burn off this energy it gets stored and turns into fat. Cut our simple carbs like white bread and pasta and replace with complex carbs like wholemeal. Porridge in the morning is great as it's a slow release carb, in other words it releases energy in dribs and drabs meaning you don't feel hungry as quickly, bran flakes are similar, also sweet potato.

I've cut down on my bread and cut out unnecessary extras like crisps, biscuits and chocolate and get my sweet fix from fruit. I've dropped 18lbs in 8 weeks by doing this and upping my daily exercise.
    Green beens have 30 cals per 100 gram it's low but its not invisible cals. Sweet potato is a vegetable every vegetable has calories some low some higher. If you eat 2500 every day and burn that then eat a plate of cabbage 3 times a day you will eventually become obese.

You've done brilliant, you must have had a calorie deficit most days, that's obviously helped by cutting out crap

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Green beens have 30 cals per 100 gram it's low but its not invisible cals. Sweet potato is a vegetable every vegetable has calories some low some higher. If you eat 2500 every day and burn that then eat a plate of cabbage 3 times a day you will eventually become obese.

You've done brilliant, you must have had a calorie deficit most days, that's obviously helped by cutting out crap
    Not arguing with you, I'm a fully qualified PT with a background in sports nutrition, I competed for 7 years with the BNBF natural bodybuilding, getting two 2nd places in over 40's qualifiers and twice 5th in the British. So far in 2 months I've not once looked at calories in any food, only checking fat content and saturated sugars.

Green veg, legumes, peppers, mushrooms etc, are low on the glycemic index, which is better for regulating blood sugar levels, also fruit and veg are high in fibre which keeps you fuller for longer due to less metabolisable energy, you'd body struggles to digest fibre found in fruit and veg.

So basically very low calories which the body burns off very easily and the bonus of nutrients and vitamins.

208820_4861597926_7758_n.jpg

Me back in 2006 in the Scottish over 40's.

@hibs.net private member
    Not arguing with you, I'm a fully qualified PT with a background in sports nutrition, I competed for 7 years with the BNBF natural bodybuilding, getting two 2nd places in over 40's qualifiers and twice 5th in the British. So far in 2 months I've not once looked at calories in any food, only checking fat content and saturated sugars.

Green veg, legumes, peppers, mushrooms etc, are low on the glycemic index, which is better for regulating blood sugar levels, also fruit and veg are high in fibre which keeps you fuller for longer due to less metabolisable energy, you'd body struggles to digest fibre found in fruit and veg.

So basically very low calories which the body burns off very easily and the bonus of nutrients and vitamins.
    Not arguing either, not sure what the argument would be. What I'm saying is pretty obvious and not contentious, 1 calorie over what you burn puts weight on, 1 or more under takes it off. Burn loads of calories and you probably don't need to look at calories though to be fair, its more about getting plenty good protein to build.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    208820_4861597926_7758_n.jpg

Me back in 2006 in the Scottish over 40's.
    That’s incredible mate, well done.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    TBF you're already doing exactly what you need to do, eat clean and healthy and do more exercise, remember don't stop eating wee treats or the occasional alcoholic drink, moderation is the key, have a chippy or Chinese now and then, just not every second night. It's not really rocket science, you need around 2000 calories for a man, if you eat 2300 calories but only burn 2000, you have an excess which turns to sugar and then into fat, it's that simple.
    Funnily enough I’m a lot happier without alcoholic drinks full stop. A wee non alcoholic beer or two on an evening out will be about £7 or so, and I put £33 aside (usually what I’d save on a taxi, an inevitable couple more drinks and maybe a takeaway if I was drinking) and have an adventure with it. Could be going to the football, rock climbing, a museum or whatever and I enjoy that lifestyle so much more than being skint and hungover.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Second gym class today and actually enjoyed it. Arms tiring badly by the end of it, but the first time I can ever remember enjoying being in a gym.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Second gym class today and actually enjoyed it. Arms tiring badly by the end of it, but the first time I can ever remember enjoying being in a gym.
    How's the fitness and weight loss going, I've now dropped 21lbs but as the colder weather starts coming in, the craving for comfort food starts and it's getting harder to just ignore it, I've at least another stone minimum to come off and I'm determined this time.

How's the fitness and weight loss going, I've now dropped 21lbs but as the colder weather starts coming in, the craving for comfort food starts and it's getting harder to just ignore it, I've at least another stone minimum to come off and I'm determined this time.
    Scott Baptie has a slow cooker handbook with heaps of high protein recipes that are comfort food style.

My favourite is a Brazilian chicken curry type thing:

1kg whole chicken breast
    1 can coconut milk
    Stock cube
    2 medium red onions
    A few chopped fresh Chillies - my preference but if you don’t like hot then leave these out
    A pinch if chilly flakes
    Enough tumeric to make it yellow
    Cornflour to thicken
    Juice and zest of one lime.
    A few good dollops of peanut butter
    Pinch of salt.

So good with rice or in wraps.

That’s fantastic weight loss by the way.

I’m cutting as well but the weight is dribbling off. I’ve been sticking to my calories and still training with heavy as **** weights but I was hoping it would cone off a bit quicker.
    Last edited by Jones28; 20-10-2023 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Scott Baptie has a slow cooker handbook with heaps of high protein recipes that are comfort food style.

My favourite is a Brazilian chicken curry type thing:

1kg whole chicken breast
    1 can coconut milk
    Stock cube
    2 medium red onions
    A few chopped fresh Chillies - my preference but if you don’t like hot then leave these out
    A pinch if chilly flakes
    Enough tumeric to make it yellow
    Cornflour to thicken
    Juice and zest of one lime.
    A few good dollops of peanut butter
    Pinch of salt.

So good with rice or in wraps.

That’s fantastic weight loss by the way.

I’m cutting as well but the weight is dribbling off. I’ve been sticking to my calories and still training with heavy as **** weights but I was hoping it would cone off a bit quicker.

I think you mis understood, I was talking about food that aint good for you comfort food , I do all my own cooking and get extra meals from a place called Diced in Portobello, they do high protein meals like Chinese Curry, special fried rice, chicken pasta etc, all balanced for healthier diet. So he food I was meaning was cake, crips, chocolate and so on, all the comfort food that's bad for you.

I think you mis understood, I was talking about food that aint good for you comfort food , I do all my own cooking and get extra meals from a place called Diced in Portobello, they do high protein meals like Chinese Curry, special fried rice, chicken pasta etc, all balanced for healthier diet. So he food I was meaning was cake, crips, chocolate and so on, all the comfort food that's bad for you.
    Oh - ***** you mean? 😂

Cheat day gear

Not bad. Weight is remaining pretty constant but I’m feeling good, defo picking up strength. Reckon if I can eat a bit cleaner as I’ve fallen into a few bad habits but if I kick that then the body fat will come off again.

Indoor climbing defo proving to be something worthwhile. You feel it the next day.

Gym classes are also helping as although it’s just one a week, I can take some of that stuff home and use it with my partners weights and kettlebells.

I’m keeping my breakfast and food at work constant - breakfast is half a tub of Lidl’s no fat protein yoghurt with defrosted cherries and raspberries and five crushed meringue kisses (Farmfoods and Home Bargains have them from time to time so I get a few packs when they do - ten calories a meringue kiss).

To work I take two satsumas, two Babybell lights, a bottle of Lidls vanilla protein shake (under 200 calories, 35g of protein), half a pack of Lidls sliced chicken breast with some hot sauce, and a pouch of Grahams Skyr. Eat little and often so never feeling properly full, but never hungry either.

All that comes to about 100-120g of protein, 800 calories, and gives me a decent tea when I’m home to play with.

Not bad. Weight is remaining pretty constant but I’m feeling good, defo picking up strength. Reckon if I can eat a bit cleaner as I’ve fallen into a few bad habits but if I kick that then the body fat will come off again.

Indoor climbing defo proving to be something worthwhile. You feel it the next day.

Gym classes are also helping as although it’s just one a week, I can take some of that stuff home and use it with my partners weights and kettlebells.

I’m keeping my breakfast and food at work constant - breakfast is half a tub of Lidl’s no fat protein yoghurt with defrosted cherries and raspberries and five crushed meringue kisses (Farmfoods and Home Bargains have them from time to time so I get a few packs when they do - ten calories a meringue kiss).

To work I take two satsumas, two Babybell lights, a bottle of Lidls vanilla protein shake (under 200 calories, 35g of protein), half a pack of Lidls sliced chicken breast with some hot sauce, and a pouch of Grahams Skyr. Eat little and often so never feeling properly full, but never hungry either.

All that comes to about 100-120g of protein, 800 calories, and gives me a decent tea when I’m home to play with.
    Grazing food is the way to go as you never get hungry, well done so far.

I still swear by fact that keeping it simple is the only way to be consistent.

If you do it that way you can eat what you want on a treat day and still make your goals.

I know people at the moment who are paying someone 100 quid every six weeks for diet plans. They all seem so unhappy trying to stick to it while I make a point of eating what I want as save my treat days for when I'm with them.

I offer them advice on how I've lost 5 or 6 stone of fat but they still think paying someone is better or the only way to beat the weight. Each to their own.

Good luck every but keep it simple, eat what you want but call it a treat, be honest with yourself and move more. We only get one shot of life.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I still swear by fact that keeping it simple is the only way to be consistent.

If you do it that way you can eat what you want on a treat day and still make your goals.

I know people at the moment who are paying someone 100 quid every six weeks for diet plans. They all seem so unhappy trying to stick to it while I make a point of eating what I want as save my treat days for when I'm with them.

I offer them advice on how I've lost 5 or 6 stone of fat but they still think paying someone is better or the only way to beat the weight. Each to their own.

Good luck every but keep it simple, eat what you want but call it a treat, be honest with yourself and move more. We only get one shot of life.
    I listen to some of the conversations 2 women in my work have about Slimming World and I'm genuinely a bit shocked at how complicated they both seem to want to make losing weight. Now I know SW can work, certainly in the short term, for a lot of people if you stick to it but some of the stuff is just bizarre. Apparently eating a banana whole is no 'syns' but if you mash it up then it incurs said 'syns'. They have tried to explain that logic to me but even though I understand what they are saying, it's fundamentally nonsense. It's just stupid stuff, I have a bowl of homemade soup and a piece of fruit every lunchtime and they dissect it and pass comment. They will sit with plates piled with a bizarre collection of foods; grapes, pickled onions, boiled eggs, ham, beetroot, slices of apple, mushy peas occasionally make an appearance and God knows what else and apparently that pile of incoherent nonsense is better than soup with 4 or 5 veggies in it and an orange.

The biggest thing I find is all they talk about as food. First thing in the morning it's 'what did you have for breakfast' then 10 minutes later it's 'what have you got for lunch' then it's 'oh I was bad last night, had a Wispa, 12 syns'. No wonder they are always hungry, foods is just an obsession.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I listen to some of the conversations 2 women in my work have about Slimming World and I'm genuinely a bit shocked at how complicated they both seem to want to make losing weight. Now I know SW can work, certainly in the short term, for a lot of people if you stick to it but some of the stuff is just bizarre. Apparently eating a banana whole is no 'syns' but if you mash it up then it incurs said 'syns'. They have tried to explain that logic to me but even though I understand what they are saying, it's fundamentally nonsense. It's just stupid stuff, I have a bowl of homemade soup and a piece of fruit every lunchtime and they dissect it and pass comment. They will sit with plates piled with a bizarre collection of foods; grapes, pickled onions, boiled eggs, ham, beetroot, slices of apple, mushy peas occasionally make an appearance and God knows what else and apparently that pile of incoherent nonsense is better than soup with 4 or 5 veggies in it and an orange.

The biggest thing I find is all they talk about as food. First thing in the morning it's 'what did you have for breakfast' then 10 minutes later it's 'what have you got for lunch' then it's 'oh I was bad last night, had a Wispa, 12 syns'. No wonder they are always hungry, foods is just an obsession.
    I was curious about the mashed banana thing so googled it. I came across this from a Scottish blogger as to why a banana changes "syns" when mashed:

Why Should You Syn Mashed Bananas?
    Concentrated Calories: Mashing bananas releases the natural sugars within them, making the fruit more calorie-dense. This concentration of calories can lead to higher energy intake, potentially hindering your weight loss efforts if consumed in excess.

Loss of Fullness: The process of mashing bananas also breaks down their fiber content, which is crucial for promoting feelings of fullness and satisfaction. A mashed banana may not keep you as satiated as a whole one would, making it easier to overeat.

Faster Consumption: It’s much easier to consume mashed bananas quickly compared to eating a whole banana. This can lead to mindless eating and increased calorie intake, as you might not register how much you’ve consumed until it’s too late.

Recipe Implications: Mashed bananas are often used in baking and cooking, but when incorporated into recipes, their Syn value may change. The added ingredients and cooking process can alter the overall Syn value of the dish.
    What a load of nonsense.

Concentrated calories - yep, I get the releasing sugars bit BUT what do they think is happening when you chew on a banana? Or are they thinking you are swallowing it whole?

Loss of fullness - again, what do they think chewing does? I get that there might be a loss of fullness due to the next point.

Faster consumption - yep I get that BUT if you eat an unmashed banana, take your time chewing it, etc. you have consumed one banana. If you eat a mashed banana quickly, you have still consumed one banana. Eating it faster might delay the feeling of fullness and you might be inclined to eat another - but the values are for one banana. One banana whole, or one banana mashed is still the same calorie intake.

Recipe implications - the worst of the lot. Mashed banana is more likely to go into a recipe with other ingredients so it has worse syns. Well of course, if you add extra ingredients to something, you will be consuming more but presumably you are "syning" the extra ingredients too so what does it matter? What a load of rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I was curious about the mashed banana thing so googled it. I came across this from a Scottish blogger as to why a banana changes "syns" when mashed:

What a load of nonsense.

Concentrated calories - yep, I get the releasing sugars bit BUT what do they think is happening when you chew on a banana? Or are they thinking you are swallowing it whole?

Loss of fullness - again, what do they think chewing does? I get that there might be a loss of fullness due to the next point.

Faster consumption - yep I get that BUT if you eat an unmashed banana, take your time chewing it, etc. you have consumed one banana. If you eat a mashed banana quickly, you have still consumed one banana. Eating it faster might delay the feeling of fullness and you might be inclined to eat another - but the values are for one banana. One banana whole, or one banana mashed is still the same calorie intake.

Recipe implications - the worst of the lot. Mashed banana is more likely to go into a recipe with other ingredients so it has worse syns. Well of course, if you add extra ingredients to something, you will be consuming more but presumably you are "syning" the extra ingredients too so what does it matter? What a load of rubbish!
    Aye I've had that conversation on repeat.

The thing is that people who stick to SW do lose weight fairly rapidly to start with so it becomes a bit like a cult to them and they parrot stuff that I think deep down they know is nonsense.

It's not a new thing. The 90s saw the Special K diet. A diet consisting of 2 bowls of cereal a day and one evening meal and you will drop a dress size in 2 weeks. Well obviously because that's massively calorie restrictive, it's unsustainable though as after a couple of weeks you will be ****ing starving. I know a woman who punts ketone drinks on Instagram. One drink a day puts you in ketosis without following a keto diet, the woman in question undeniably lost a lot of weight and looked good for it. Of course it was all on the ketones drinks and nothing to do with the £6000 weight loss surgery and boob job in Turkey Fundamentally dishonest, both to others and herself. She is piling weight back on at a rapid rate now because one drink simply isn't a magic formula. One of my sisters best friends is a dietitian and PT and she is huge on body confidence and body positivity for women. She despairs at these kind of quick fixes because they are unrealistic and potentially dangerous.

I'm no saint when it comes to weight. I can fluctuate quite a lot. Enter a marathon training cycle and I'll put the miles in and eat clean and shock horror weight comes off. Afterwards I can put weight back on quite quickly. I am honest about why though and in recent times have worked harder at avoiding it happening. As HH81 says above it's about realising the mindset change is for life, you have to allow yourself treats but make sure they are treats. The quick fix diet industry is huge purely because it doesn't work long term, like anything it relies on repeat custom.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Aye I've had that conversation on repeat.

The thing is that people who stick to SW do lose weight fairly rapidly to start with so it becomes a bit like a cult to them and they parrot stuff that I think deep down they know is nonsense.

It's not a new thing. The 90s saw the Special K diet. A diet consisting of 2 bowls of cereal a day and one evening meal and you will drop a dress size in 2 weeks. Well obviously because that's massively calorie restrictive, it's unsustainable though as after a couple of weeks you will be ****ing starving. I know a woman who punts ketone drinks on Instagram. One drink a day puts you in ketosis without following a keto diet, the woman in question undeniably lost a lot of weight and looked good for it. Of course it was all on the ketones drinks and nothing to do with the £6000 weight loss surgery and boob job in Turkey Fundamentally dishonest, both to others and herself. She is piling weight back on at a rapid rate now because one drink simply isn't a magic formula. One of my sisters best friends is a dietitian and PT and she is huge on body confidence and body positivity for women. She despairs at these kind of quick fixes because they are unrealistic and potentially dangerous.

I'm no saint when it comes to weight. I can fluctuate quite a lot. Enter a marathon training cycle and I'll put the miles in and eat clean and shock horror weight comes off. Afterwards I can put weight back on quite quickly. I am honest about why though and in recent times have worked harder at avoiding it happening. As HH81 says above it's about realising the mindset change is for life, you have to allow yourself treats but make sure they are treats. The quick fix diet industry is huge purely because it doesn't work long term, like anything it relies on repeat custom.
    There’s a guy whose videos keep popping up on my Facebook whose life appears to revolve around walking around supermarkets and telling people that it isn’t good and that they should eat eggs and avocados and the like. He’s pretty muscly and clearly he’s able to maintain that sort of diet but for most people, it’s miserable and there’s no chance of sticking to it.

Calling pre cooked chicken thighs with a flavoured coating in the supermarket “****ing ****”, or the same with frozen Aldi chicken breasts, or so many things isn’t helpful. It might not be quite as good as plain cooked chicken or that, but the difference is small and if it helps people stick to a lower calorie, high protein & fibre diet then it’s a good thing.

The alarm bells really started when he said something about not needing breakfast and the first meal of the day should be about noon. Bollocks to that.

Way too many people over complicating it.

Keep it simple, no prossessed food, cut out excess sugars, eat more veg and healthy option fruit like apples, melon, grapefruit, pears etc. Up you physical exercise abd burn more calories than you consume. Have a day when you have a cheat like a curry etc, I competed in natural bodybuilding for 7 years and became a personal trainer due to that, after having both hips done I had to come back to taxiing. My problem was still eating big meals as if I was still training, so too many calories and not burning them off, this last 3 years has been bad, hence back on the healthy lifestyle again.

There’s a guy whose videos keep popping up on my Facebook whose life appears to revolve around walking around supermarkets and telling people that it isn’t good and that they should eat eggs and avocados and the like. He’s pretty muscly and clearly he’s able to maintain that sort of diet but for most people, it’s miserable and there’s no chance of sticking to it.

Calling pre cooked chicken thighs with a flavoured coating in the supermarket “****ing ****”, or the same with frozen Aldi chicken breasts, or so many things isn’t helpful. It might not be quite as good as plain cooked chicken or that, but the difference is small and if it helps people stick to a lower calorie, high protein & fibre diet then it’s a good thing.

The alarm bells really started when he said something about not needing breakfast and the first meal of the day should be about noon. Bollocks to that.

Way too many people over complicating it.

Ah the 16/8 intermittent fasting diet. My mate was into that. Funnily enough, I inadvertently follow that and have done most of my adult life as I simply don't like breakfast. I'm not hungry in the morning. I tend to feel sick eating before 11.30ish. When I do eat in the morning it seems to rev up my appetite and I end up eating way more. However, I fluctuate in weight lots, am more often that not a massive fatty, etc. so there clearly isn't much in it. More likely if you are doing the 16/8 "diet" you are consciously doing some other weight loss activity at the same time (calorie restriction, exercise) which is actually causing the weight loss but the restrictive hours is getting the credit.

I really don't trust a lot of the weight loss/healthy living influencers. There's one on my instagram who preached about body confidence, not doing anything too extreme, the ultra muscle bodies aren't what you should be striving for, etc. Then he went on some extreme diet and exercise regime himself to get on the cover of some mens' magazine. A lot of his "healthy" recipes are full of crap too and look quite small portions that would never keep you full. Don't me started on the face he makes when he's tasting the food.

All about making money for those guys.

Just keep it simple, exercise where possible and eat sensible.

Have a treat day and relax. Lifes too short for worrying. If you do the above over time you will get to where you want to be.
    Cougars!!!

Taken out a full membership at my local bouldering gym. Really nice place to be - sofas and an area where you can get a coffee, soft drink, or even a beer if you drink, plus muffins, protein bars, and the like.

A room full of weights and a treadmill, and a good variety of climbing walls.

I hate the gym so find myself going in, warming up, doing a few weights, and when I get bored climbing a few walls to alleviate the boredom. Back to weights, then climbing again, grab a coffee, and finish off with a couple of walls and a cool down.

My chest and arms are burning as well as my legs being tired.

If you're going I highly recommend taking plenty of time to warm up before and watch videos on the basics and also how to fall. Partner has done her rotator cuff after not warming up properly and after losing grip with one hand, took the brunt of her bodyweight on the other side of her body. Also know someone who's broken their foot from not landing properly, not bending and falling as they should.

Other than that, it's hard work, fun, requires the use of your brain, and gives you a cracking workout.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The guy sounds like a bundle of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The guy sounds like a bundle of laughs
    A video of his came up on my timeline yesterday - "It's twelve noon so here's my lunch and first meal of the day. Twelve boiled eggs with tomato sauce".

Apparently other food is "****" and "not food" but he's tanning twelve boiled eggs with ketchup for brunch. No heading round to his for tea.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    A video of his came up on my timeline yesterday - "It's twelve noon so here's my lunch and first meal of the day. Twelve boiled eggs with tomato sauce".

Apparently other food is "****" and "not food" but he's tanning twelve boiled eggs with ketchup for brunch. No heading round to his for tea.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    All about making money for those guys.

Just keep it simple, exercise where possible and eat sensible.

Have a treat day and relax. Lifes too short for worrying. If you do the above over time you will get to where you want to be.

Get yourself into a calorie deficit, eat fairly clean and get in a good amount of protein. Do some exercise, lift some weights and you’ll lose weight, lose body fat and build muscle.

The diet fads are a nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

Get yourself into a calorie deficit, eat fairly clean and get in a good amount of protein. Do some exercise, lift some weights and you’ll lose weight, lose body fat and build muscle.

The diet fads are a nonsense.
    Yep. Agree with every word.

My strength is really coming on already. My first gym class was something like six or seven weeks ago and I ended up by chundering behind a bush in the car park. I’ve upped the weights I’ve been using, and am pushing through it and really making progress. Even noticing a difference on the climbing walls, managing climbs that need a bit of upper body strength.

Back in the climbing gym just now enjoying a quick coffee. For some reason today cannot get a half decent climb for love nor money but it’s still a pretty happy place in terms of working out. Weights room is good and quiet and the climbing is fun.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 15-11-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Starting all over again having ballooned to 17st 7.

Lost 6 pound in the first week, but still got another 3.5 stone to go.

Once again raging at myself for letting it get so out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Starting all over again having ballooned to 17st 7.

Lost 6 pound in the first week, but still got another 3.5 stone to go.

Once again raging at myself for letting it get so out of control.
    In a similar position. Up to 19st 7. I've somehow managed to gain nearly two stone since September. Started healthy eating and going to the gym again this week. I've also started back doing the Couch to 5k app. Absolutely appalled at myself that I couldn't even complete the first run on it given I was a semi-keen runner in the past.

I’ve gained three quarters of a stone in the last three months. Majorly taken my eye off the ball. Always struggle mentally at this time of the year and fallen into bad habits.

Back on the wagon again though, gotten the Pinch of Nom books out, am logging everything on My Fitness Pal, moving more and just recently completed my first OCR of the year at Knockhill and signed up to another two this year in May and September. Aiming to be in shape to do the 21k OCR next January.

I’ve done well to find the activities I can be passionate about - changed the group of people I played football with and the newer ones took it way too seriously - and indoor climbing and OCR racing are things I can properly get obsessed by and love doing.