hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iv'e lost the battle.
    Same, just lost my mojo and struggling to get back into the zone, diagnosed as diabetic and now been started on Metaformin, gutted but its my own making, only I can sort myself out ☹️

2. Log in to remove the advert

Day one of the new battle. Back from holiday and weighed myself today. Now, I knew I was badly overweight, but to find I've put on 5 stone in 4 years was highly depressing.

Anyway, going to try and lose 4 stone and then see how I feel from there.

Will attempt the first month on a very strict diet, then try and branch into the "lifestyle change" type.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Gave up, to many infections and antibiotics where I have to eat to take a tablet, new suit this week as can’t get in to old one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Gave up, to many infections and antibiotics where I have to eat to take a tablet, new suit this week as can’t get in to old one.
    Sounds like you've enough to deal with just now. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm starting again. Between me looking after sick relatives, returning to work after 3 years off sick and catching up on life after covid I've found it really hard to be consistent but I got my butt kicked by a consultant the other day so trying hard again.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Gained half a kilo on holiday. Not unexpected and better than feared.

Added meditation to my daily routine. I find stress and anxiety a trigger to me eating so sleep and good mental health practise is vital for me. Just climbed up a hill, sat on the grass and mediated for twenty minutes or so. Really clears the mind.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Gained half a kilo on holiday. Not unexpected and better than feared.

Added meditation to my daily routine. I find stress and anxiety a trigger to me eating so sleep and good mental health practise is vital for me. Just climbed up a hill, sat on the grass and mediated for twenty minutes or so. Really clears the mind.

With all the things in my previous post happening I found sleep the hardest thing to do. I started using sleep meditation apps. They made a huge difference and still do when I need them. I just used ones from YouTube.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    Sounds like you've enough to deal with just now. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm starting again. Between me looking after sick relatives, returning to work after 3 years off sick and catching up on life after covid I've found it really hard to be consistent but I got my butt kicked by a consultant the other day so trying hard again.
    Been on the Colorectal surgery waiting list since last year, admitted to hospital 6 times last year and start of this year started to change my lifestyle to a better one, but continue to get flare ups in my bowel, told the backlog waiting list is due to covid, this year I have had 10 courses of antibiotics but they just aren’t clearing things up, last visit at doctors and he said that it will now be more than likely that I will have part of my bowel removed as things can’t continue the way things are going, it’s hard to get out and about for walks when you feel crap and can’t control your bowel movements but I try, running to get home is not the best look for me

Good to see you are on the mend J and stick in.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Been on the Colorectal surgery waiting list since last year, admitted to hospital 6 times last year and start of this year started to change my lifestyle to a better one, but continue to get flare ups in my bowel, told the backlog waiting list is due to covid, this year I have had 10 courses of antibiotics but they just aren’t clearing things up, last visit at doctors and he said that it will now be more than likely that I will have part of my bowel removed as things can’t continue the way things are going, it’s hard to get out and about for walks when you feel crap and can’t control your bowel movements but I try, running to get home is not the best look for me

Good to see you are on the mend J and stick in.
    I'm not gonna pry into your personal stuff but pm me if you want. It was bowel cancer I had and I had a stoma for about 18 months. The team at the WGH were outstanding with me. It drains the life out of you though and the anxiety of leaving the house is real. The op will change your life and you can concentrate on your weight then.

week one done and 6lb down. Going to keep aiming for big losses the next two week then adjust to a more sensible diet.

still got 4.5 stone to lose, so going to take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    week one done and 6lb down. Going to keep aiming for big losses the next two week then adjust to a more sensible diet.

still got 4.5 stone to lose, so going to take a long time.
    If you have got that much to lose. Consistency is the key. If you are still exercising in a year you'll be on the way to doing it, if not you will have failed.

Long term goal so I'd get on a lifestyle change ASAP and forget diets.

Just my thoughts on it. I have never seen anyone on a diet every keep the weight off. I never did.

I sound harsh but you will need to be motivated and determined to succeed. I'd also stay off the scales as they are never your friend. Use clothes to judge you are doing well.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    If you have got that much to lose. Consistency is the key. If you are still exercising in a year you'll be on the way to doing it, if not you will have failed.

Long term goal so I'd get on a lifestyle change ASAP and forget diets.

Just my thoughts on it. I have never seen anyone on a diet every keep the weight off. I never did.

I sound harsh but you will need to be motivated and determined to succeed. I'd also stay off the scales as they are never your friend. Use clothes to judge you are doing well.
    Totally get that and would usually agree tbf. But I've got a holiday coming up that I don't want to be hugely, hugely overweight for. So I'm just going to do another two strict weeks and then move onto the proper lifestyle change track and look to lose 2lb a week.

Aiming to be down to around 13 stone by December.

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone have any insight to this Six Pack Revolution that is being hawked on social media. It seems to be a mix of diet and exercise intended to reduce stomach fat in just 75 days, and the before and after photos are quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Does anyone have any insight to this Six Pack Revolution that is being hawked on social media. It seems to be a mix of diet and exercise intended to reduce stomach fat in just 75 days, and the before and after photos are quite amazing.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it always is.
    Cougars!!!

It just looks like a structured plan to me. The theory behind losing fat is easy but it's not easy to implement in real life so for some people a structured plan can motivate them and he'll them stay disciplined.

A lot can be achieved in 75 days and looking at the pictures it's not unreasonable progress it just counts on the plan being stuck to for the duration. Like anything consistency is key and it boils down to instant gratification vs delayed gratification

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    It just looks like a structured plan to me.
    Thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    If anyone is struggling for motivation, you should give the transformation challenge on instagram a go. 8 week programme and the person participating that does the best wins £5k. There’s a prize for male and female.

Calorie counting + good nutrition + plenty sleep and water + plenty activity = weight loss for the vast majority of people. Not rocket science and I hate these “regimes” as if you’re following someone else’s then you’re less likely to stick to it.

Better looking at those four elements and figuring out how to make it happen in a way you can stick to for each of them.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Calorie counting + good nutrition + plenty sleep and water + plenty activity = weight loss for the vast majority of people. Not rocket science and I hate these “regimes” as if you’re following someone else’s then you’re less likely to stick to it.

Better looking at those four elements and figuring out how to make it happen in a way you can stick to for each of them.
    Great advice.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Great advice.
    For me it’s 1,800 calories a day
    Five fruit and veg a day
    Two and a half litres water and minimum seven hours sleep
    10k steps every day and two hours football a week plus at least one session of cold water swimming for recovery a week

Back on the weight loss this week, lost a pound and a half. I record absolutely everything of the above in a little notebook as I find it helps to create consistency and to keep it at the front of my mind.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    For me it’s 1,800 calories a day
    Five fruit and veg a day
    Two and a half litres water and minimum seven hours sleep
    10k steps every day and two hours football a week plus at least one session of cold water swimming for recovery a week

Back on the weight loss this week, lost a pound and a half. I record absolutely everything of the above in a little notebook as I find it helps to create consistency and to keep it at the front of my mind.
    You make a really good point about keeping records there NH.

It can be really helpful to track your progress.

For those wanting to track calories My Fitness Pal is a great app where you can scan bar codes to record the food you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    You make a really good point about keeping records there NH.

It can be really helpful to track your progress.

For those wanting to track calories My Fitness Pal is a great app where you can scan bar codes to record the food you eat.
    I tend to log all my food on My Fitness Pal then record daily calories in my notebook.

I’m absolutely terrible at football but my team voted me to be team captain as since day one of playing together I’ve grafted on the pitch. What I’ve tried to teach them is to be intense and push yourself on the pitch but to be absolutely consistent off it.

Whatever you choose for your intense exercise, push yourself and see how far the limit of your capability has moved over time. For the stuff that’s a bit more of a grind like the calories, water, sleep and step count record, hold yourself accountable (or find someone to hold you accountable) when you don’t reach that target.

I actively enjoy trying to hit my step count now - when I get a call at work I take my phone and do laps of the car park whilst taking the call, I actually park in a free public car park away from our normal one (and in doing so add 3,000 steps to my day automatically).

I also don’t believe in a set “cheat day”. If I need something off plan after a bad day I’ll have it, but I’ll choose the least worst option that’ll satisfy that craving. If I don’t need it I don’t have a cheat meal that week.

Now just - and only just - out of the ‘obese’ range on the BMI scale.

I was at 38.1 at the start of the year and am now just a tiny bit under 30. Next goal is just a pound away, will have started the year at “twenty stone something” and if I lose that I’ll be “fifteen stone something”.

Been doing more resistance work and yoga to encourage my muscles to stick around but also moved to right back on the football pitch. Bursting up and down the wing is exhausting and lung bursting but the more I stick with it, the easier it will become.

@hibs.net private member

I was at 38.1 at the start of the year and am now just a tiny bit under 30. Next goal is just a pound away, will have started the year at “twenty stone something” and if I lose that I’ll be “fifteen stone something”.

Been doing more resistance work and yoga to encourage my muscles to stick around but also moved to right back on the football pitch. Bursting up and down the wing is exhausting and lung bursting but the more I stick with it, the easier it will become.
    Well done

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sistema-Ben...ps%2C67&sr=8-1

Can wholeheartedly recommend these. Have been taking in my own lunches to work recently and this has loads of compartments for stuff. Today I had:

Chicken salad with a little feta and dried cranberries
    Balsamic vinegar in the small pot
    Fresh cherries
    Fresh strawberries
    Fresh raspberries in the big tub.

Brilliant. Well done you. Keep going.

Struggled a bit last few weeks as had 4 trips away.

Exercise seems to be at a good level but eating when warm is the problem. I seem to snack more rather than eat proper meals.

I'm defo better October to April for that. Summer months I struggle last two years.

Guess still 5 stone down so done OK.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I’ve dropped under 100kgs for the first time in about 5 years.
    Definitely reasons to be optimistic, but I’m currently working night shifts so diet is terrible, but activity levels are absolutely through the roof. I usually have a very sedentary desk job but I offered to help them out during our busy period.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I’ve dropped under 100kgs for the first time in about 5 years.
    Definitely reasons to be optimistic, but I’m currently working night shifts so diet is terrible, but activity levels are absolutely through the roof. I usually have a very sedentary desk job but I offered to help them out during our busy period.
    Fantastic effort 👍

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WINOMO-Swim...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Bought a pair of webbed swimming gloves similar to these, they do increase your swimming speed a bit but the main benefit for me is that they increase resistance. I do breaststroke and feel it in my upper arms and chest after a good swim with these on.

@hibs.net private member
    I've lost half a stone in 4 weeks using noom. It's a slow win but a win none the less. Nothing else had worked for so long. Just gotta keep going and see what happens.