hibs.net Messageboard

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All West Lothian recycling centres are open you'll be glad to hear.

Maybe take some time off posting on this thread, grab a snow shovel and help clear your street then take your bags to the tip?!?

FYI: I'm from Livingston (Bankton if that helps your geography). I also live at the end of a cul-de-sac furthest from the main road.
    Unfortunately, as I drive for a living, I have to get out and get on with it rather than whining on a football forum. ��

Apologies for going off topic on a driving pet peeves thread but having read the multiple moans from the poster quoted I truly despair.

Fyii: since the introduction of wheelie bins 30 odd years ago, the bin men have never collected 'bagged rubbish' sitting besides the bin - that's your job mate-either put it in the bin or take it to the tip OR type a furious comment on a fitba fans site.....

my apologies for posting in a pet peeves thread - pretty sure that’s the point of the thread, I’ll check if I have your permission next time. Multiple moans on a pet peeves thread, who’d have thought it. No idea why up your having a pop at me, I’m hardly the only poster who’s made multiple posts, feel free to put me on ignore since I cause so much despair.

To reply to your points - 2 solid inches of ice won’t be cleared by a snow shovel, and to try to do that for several hundred yards would be a challenge.

I'm capable of getting my car out the street, not everyone is so able, and before it’s suggested, yes I do help my neighbours out, but that’s not the point. I’m also able to read other’ posts without feeling the need to post about having to get on with it, one of my neighbours drives for a living and has commented on the state of the street (in agreement with mine), does that make his opinion on this topic more valid than mine?

lastly, I’m well aware of the bag situation, thanks for the patronising “FYI”, none of the bags are mine thanks, I’ve never left bags next to my bin “mate”, I’m referring to people who haven’t the space in their house or ability to get to a tip, and need their bins emptied when the council say they will. Im perfectly capable of going to the tip and posting on the forum, I didn’t realise it was a one or the other situation.
    Last edited by McD; 09-01-2021 at 06:48 AM.