hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Plastic pitch at Easter road?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 16.36%
  • No

46 83.64%

Thread: Plastic pitches

Plastic pitches

They seem to have given teams such as Hamilton and Alloa a fair advantage at home.If we had one at Easter road it could make us harder to beat.All teams seem to have been looking forward trips to Easter road the last few seasons.
    Are these pitches the future of football anyway?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They seem to have given teams such as Hamilton and Alloa a fair advantage at home.If we had one at Easter road it could make us harder to beat.All teams seem to have been looking forward trips to Easter road the last few seasons.
    No, no a thousand times no (but only one vote, sadly)
    This is how it feels

I don't mind other teams having plastic pitches, but I'd be disappointed if we went down that road. And really, does anyone think it would actually improve us? Call me old fashioned, but if we're gonna be crap, I'd rather it were on proper grass.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    We had a similar thread very recently did we not? Answer is still the same NO, NEVER, football should be played on grass.

Football should be played on grass.

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Exactly. Hamilton hammered us at new douglas park and it was only our storming performance on the easter road grass thay got us to penalties.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    No, but it's not supporters you should be asking as we don't play on the surface, but if you were to ask football players then it will be grass everytime for them.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Can't beat the start of a season and ER pitch looking like a beautiful carpet. Yeah it can get messy in the winter but that's football. I hope we never have a fake pitch!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Can't beat the start of a season and ER pitch looking like a beautiful carpet. Yeah it can get messy in the winter but that's football. I hope we never have a fake pitch!
    we could get a fake pitch to go with the fake team we have, seriously im not for the artificial pitches.

Define "plastic" please.

If it's one of the state of the art pitches used in the English Premiership then I'd be in favour (assuming we could afford the installation and maintenance).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Define "plastic" please.

If it's one of the state of the art pitches used in the English Premiership then I'd be in favour (assuming we could afford the installation and maintenance).
    These pitches are actually grass, the main difference being that underneath the grass there is a woven plastic structure which the grass adheres to, thereby making it stronger. This has to be the way forward, and whilst they are expensive just now (approx 500k) I'm sure the price will come down down as more companies venture into this market. On a separate issue, the womens world cup is due to be played on plastic pitches in Canada. I pray it is an unmitigated disaster.

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

That's all.
    This

(Always wanted to do that :D)

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Just NO! Close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

That's all.
    Might be part of the reason for our form - perhaps we'd be better off playing on amphetamines?

P.s. Just say no kids. And to plastic pitches too.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    That's the thing - I don't think our pitch is ever in enough of a state for long enough that we need to go down this line.

I don't recall ever playing on a grass surface as good as Easter Rd but I have played on one or two good-quality artificial surfaces... I would still take the amateur grass pitches every time

I do know of others that have the opposite opinion though.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe Scotland should play Germany at Alloa, visiting teams seem to struggle there.

Plastic pitches will get better.

And when they do, hopefully we will have a consistent year round surface to allow teams to play football and banish the winter time cabbage patch crud we currently endure.

Our climate is a hindrance to good football.