hibs.net Messageboard

Page 93 of 229 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 6852

Thread: Best tv

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just started Line of Duty and thought the 1st season was very good. Looking forward to binging the 2nd season tomorrow after the rugby. Might throw in a few episodes from the 3rd as well but see how the 2nd season goes if it is worth it.
    It is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    after watching 132 episodes of TWD i can only remember 4 episodes which were boring, last nights episode was the first i kept on flicking forward, it was freakin dreadful viewing

Does anyone know when Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ lands on Netflix? Dying to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Does anyone know when Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ lands on Netflix? Dying to see it.
    According to The Independent:

"The Irishman will be released in selected UK cinemas on 8 November, before arriving on Netflix from 27 November."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Just watched El Camino. Was disappointed, a bit underwhelming. It was decent enough not to tarnish the series, but not as good Better Call Saul. Was never going to be the same given it was a 2 hour film so they couldn’t develop the characters the way they did in tv episodes.
    I watched it last night and really liked it, lots there for fans of the Breaking Bad 'universe' - I'll definitely watch it again at some point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I watched it last night and really liked it, lots there for fans of the Breaking Bad 'universe' - I'll definitely watch it again at some point.
    It felt like an extended final episode to me. Was nice to see some characters again (thought we may have seen more) but the plot was a bit thin IMO.

Weird that on the day its released that Bob Forster passed away.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    According to The Independent:

"The Irishman will be released in selected UK cinemas on 8 November, before arriving on Netflix from 27 November."
    Thanks 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

El Camino - Excellent. Loved all the wee flashbacks and things being put in place.
    Won’t say too much re spoilers but if you come to this not having seen Breaking Bad and it’s multi-nuanced storylines, you won’t make head nor tail of it.
    Disappointed in only one aspect - Jesse Plemons really should have got his bloated arse in gear and dropped the blubber he’s gained since his original role in BB - made his ‘flashbacks’ less than credible.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    El Camino - Excellent. Loved all the wee flashbacks and things being put in place.
    Won’t say too much re spoilers but if you come to this not having seen Breaking Bad and it’s multi-nuanced storylines, you won’t make head nor tail of it.
    Disappointed in only one aspect - Jesse Plemons really should have got his bloated arse in gear and dropped the blubber he’s gained since his original role in BB - made his ‘flashbacks’ less than credible.
    Aha glad it wasn’t me that thought he looked a bit on the large side!!

As for the ‘film’...I agree that it was more of an extended final episode or two rather than a stand alone film. Good enough watch if you’ve seen BB but nothing more than that.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    That’s a bit harsh Is it not. How many of us are the same weight and shape from 6 years ago? Can’t say that I particularly noticed the actors weight gain.

I love you, now die - Interesting two parter on Sky Crime regarding a court case in America where a young woman is being prosecuted for convincing her "boyfriend" to commit suicide via text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    That’s a bit harsh Is it not. How many of us are the same weight and shape from 6 years ago? Can’t say that I particularly noticed the actors weight gain.
    I don’t think it is harsh as it goes...he must’ve known the continuity demands of the script and that’s his trade. I can only think he’s perhaps contracted to play a part that requires him to be overweight. The other cast members maintained their look from the original series - Plemons looked like a different guy which detracted from the naturalistic elements (in flashback) of the overall performance.
    Opinions eh!

Started watching Suits recently, now onto season 3.

Really enjoying it so far.

I don’t think it is harsh as it goes...he must’ve known the continuity demands of the script and that’s his trade. I can only think he’s perhaps contracted to play a part that requires him to be overweight. The other cast members maintained their look from the original series - Plemons looked like a different guy which detracted from the naturalistic elements (in flashback) of the overall performance.
    Opinions eh!
    The flashbacks were from season 2. Which was 10 years ago. Aaron Paul is now 40. I don’t think many folk at 40 look like they did at 30. The actor who played Todd has put on a ton of weight and didn’t have any continuity from the final episode to El Camino, set just after the final episode. Can’t say it made me judge his performance as anything other than excellent.

Think you are being overly critical and looking too much into it IMO. I can’t even see how Aaron Paul is overweight in any case.

Just watched El Camino, enjoyed it. Cant help thinking we haven't seen the last of some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Just watched the two-part documentary on Sky 'I love you, now die' about the girl who certainly contributed to her boyfriends suicide. Even after finishing it I can't make my mind up about the case. Won't state the outcome in case anyone watches it without knowing the verdict.
    Never noticed this post but, it's certainly an intriguing case. Won't comment on the outcome but, it certainly leaves you with a lot to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    World on Fire has been quite good so far.
    I'm really enjoying this, got a bit of everything.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I came quite late to the Breaking Bad party and just finished watching the series last Sunday and watched El Camino right after and the weight gain of Tod (Jesse Plemons) was something that both myself and my wife noticed right away. I did recognise Jesse Plemons from an episode of Black Mirror which was a few years after the original Breaking Bad series and wondered, thought he'd maybe be asked to lose a bit of weight as guessing most actors would have to do win roles. Anyway I digest. Breaking Bad was 10/10 an amazing series and glad they ended it after only 5 series and had an ending planned. El Camino was 8/10. Not as good but gave a fairly satisfactory ending to Jessie's story.

Opinions eh!
    Sorry, just seen someone else’s post. I had assumed when you said Jesse Plemons it was an autocorrect and you were talking about Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), I didn’t know that was the actor for Todd’s real name. My reply must have seemed a bit odd on that basis 😀

What your saying now makes sense, not sure I necessarily agree with Todd being overweight detracting anything from the film. It does help my bemusement that I thought you were saying Jesse Pinkman had gotten fat though.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    How good was the finale of S2 of Succession? Top, top drama.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    I came quite late to the Breaking Bad party and just finished watching the series last Sunday and watched El Camino right after and the weight gain of Tod (Jesse Plemons) was something that both myself and my wife noticed right away. I did recognise Jesse Plemons from an episode of Black Mirror which was a few years after the original Breaking Bad series and wondered, thought he'd maybe be asked to lose a bit of weight as guessing most actors would have to do win roles. Anyway I digest. Breaking Bad was 10/10 an amazing series and glad they ended it after only 5 series and had an ending planned. El Camino was 8/10. Not as good but gave a fairly satisfactory ending to Jessie's story.
    Funny, I watched the first two and was pretty bored.

When I brought this up to people they told me season 3 was where it got good, but I never went back to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

When I brought this up to people they told me season 3 was where it got good, but I never went back to check.
    Yep. Was considering quitting until the end of S3.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19

BB was amazing as a whole, 10/10 series for me, the film was OK.

I'd definitely recommend going back and picking up where you left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Yep. Was considering quitting until the end of S3.
    See this is what I don't get though... a lot of people call it a fantastic show and it was brilliant this and brilliant that, there was 5 seasons, at least 2 were pretty guff (it wouldn't have been dropped otherwise) so we're talking a 60% success rate maximum!

@hibs.net private member
    See this is what I don't get though... a lot of people call it a fantastic show and it was brilliant this and brilliant that, there was 5 seasons, at least 2 were pretty guff (it wouldn't have been dropped otherwise) so we're talking a 60% success rate maximum!
    It wasn’t dropped though - the writers had a full arc and covered it ...

overall I thought it was the best piece of TV writing that I had ever experienced. ...took what Sopranos and Wire started to another level....

I can understand why it wasn’t for everyone - I almost gave up after first two episodes..yet grew to
    love it ...

wonder what will emerge to take the crown ....

There were no guff seasons of BB, that’s crazy talk!

The first season was cut short due to the writers strike at the time. So it wasn’t the strongest overall and that’s why it’s shorter. Season 2 was phenomenal IMO and it just improved from there. The pacing isn’t for everyone but they deliberately chose to go into detail that most shows bypass.

If you weren’t into season 2 then it’s probably just not gonna be your thing. I think some people preferred season 3 onwards as there is more “action” and more of Saul.

EDITED ONCE READ YOUR EARLIER POST.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 16-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    It wasn’t dropped though - the writers had a full arc and covered it ...

overall I thought it was the best piece of TV writing that I had ever experienced. ...took what Sopranos and Wire started to another level....

I can understand why it wasn’t for everyone - I almost gave up after first two episodes..yet grew to
    love it ...

wonder what will emerge to take the crown ....
    Succession is the best thing around at the moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Just finished series 2 absolutely amazing. The dry digs superb

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Not seen any of it - will Give it a whirl after your recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not seen any of it - will Give it a whirl after your recommendation
    👍🏻

Similar to The Wire or Breaking Bad in that it takes a while to get into. But worth sticking with and after 3/4 episodes I was hooked