Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I went out for a drink tonight after work. After all that the last few months has thrown at us it's literally all myself and my colleagues could do to support the hospitality industry. At ten to 6 the owner or the bar we were in called time and made a short speech about how we will all meet again. He then asked the handful of remaining customers to acknowledge the table I was at.

I'm sure he meant well but it just hammered home how ****ing worthless I am. I went back to work however many months ago with the aim of returning as many of my colleagues to work as I could. Dress it up how you like but myself and the people I work with have failed in that goal. Not only are other people not going to go back to work but I'm getting thrown on the scrapheap as well.

I've always prided myself on doing the absolute minimum to contribute to society. Work, pay tax, look after my family and accept anything else life throws at me. Right now I feel totally worthless because the most basic of things has been robbed from me. Ultimately I have failed to provide for the people I care for most and I feel like they would all be better off without me.
"Work, pay tax, look after my family and accept anything else life throws at me. Right now I feel totally worthless because the most basic of things has been robbed from me." Your worth doesn't come from these things mate. You are worth way more than any of these (I've missed out contribute to society/look after the family because that doesn't stop because of your current thoughts on it)...Thing is all of these things you have very little control over, like so many of us if we put our worth on these we are putting who we think we are on an ever shifting base. These things come and go in various forms, you are still here. When your not thinking about these things that you equate to your value (what you think your all about)....where do you go?

Im guessing of we go back 5 years, 10 years, 15 years you would see you worth in different ways? How we think about ourselves tells us nothing about ourselves. How we see ourself restricts rather than frees....But its what most of us have been told to do

Have a look in the eyes of your child for a couple of mins....with no want, judgement, need, don't connect with any thoughts just look into their eyes...just breath and connect...without delving into thought is it possible to feel worthless then?

I'll keep this short as you may not be in the space to give it a go yet & I don't want to sound preachy :-)

Goes without saying if you ever fancy a chat just drop me a note....Im around most of the time as only have a few bookings on...