hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88

Time to back the club now that it has done the decent thing

"The Board believes it is time for all fair minded supporters to get behind their clubs and to contribute in whatever way they can to the viability of the professional game in Scotland."

The most striking part of the 'no vote' declaration was this bit at the end. The standard of Scottish football is set to drop and we can't afford to boot out Rangers and then desert our teams. Our teams have never needed us more!
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 24-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

Time to back the club now that it has done the decent thing

OK, we've wielded fan power and the Govan Stealers will not make it into the SPL.

I am one of the 2000 who has so far held back from renewing. But no more. The club need cash and will be getting mine over the next few days.

So who else is now going to join me and put their money where their mouth is?

ditto................:-)
    Last edited by SAUZEH; 24-06-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: merged thread

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I

Arrow

Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Last edited by HNA4; 24-06-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Swear filter bypass!

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could this be a little nasty trick RPhas up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets them vote no on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Petrie is not a liar. His consistency (often under pressure) is one of his better qualities.
    Last edited by HNA4; 24-06-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Swearing portion of original post removed

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.
    Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Then I think you hate the Huns more than you love Hibs.

Where they end up after they don't get into the SPL had nothing to do with Hibs.

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.

Good for you

Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Always get one!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Idiot.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Bought ma first season ticket and bought the new away top, my first away top. Have also promised Rodders I'll make his favourite spaghetti soufle for him next time I'm passing :D

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    OK, we've wielded fan power and the Govan Stealers will not make it into the SPL.

I am one of the 2000 who has so far held back from renewing. But no more. The club need cash and will be getting mine over the next few days.

So who else is now going to join me and put their money where their mouth is?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    I hope everyone will stick to their word and buy their season tickets now, the Hibs family need to stick together on this and help to make sure we don't lose a significant amount of money from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    I hope everyone will stick to their word and buy their season tickets now, the Hibs family need to stick together on this and help to make sure we don't lose a significant amount of money from this.
    Absolutely. Same goes to the fans of the other SPL clubs, the fans need to get down and support their clubs, our clubs have never needed us more. We need to stick together and rally as much support as possible so that the financial hit is not as bad. Hibs have done the right thing by standing up and voting NO to the newco, therefore they have my full backing.

If you are able to buy a season ticket then I strongly urge you to do so. I understand some folk cant afford it or work/family commitments etc. can limit the amount of games you are able to attend but this season it is vital that we get as many numbers as possible so if it is possible to do so, then please get yourself to as many games as possible. "I can't be bothered" or "I'd rather watch on the telly" etc is not good enough this season i'm afraid.

We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 25-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    Absolutely. Same goes to the fans of the other SPL clubs, the fans need to get down and support their clubs, our clubs have never needed us more. We need to stick together and rally as much support as possible so that the financial hit is not as bad. Hibs have done the right thing by standing up and voting NO to the newco, therefore they have my full backing.

If you are able to buy a season ticket then I strongly urge you to do so. I understand some folk cant afford it or work/family commitments etc. can limit the amount of games you are able to attend but this season it is vital that we get as many numbers as possible so if it is possible to do so, then please get yourself to as many games as possible. "I can't be bothered" or "I'd rather watch on the telly" etc is not good enough this season i'm afraid.

We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?

Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post

Given the crowds at Easter Road since the 60's, I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    Bought ma first season ticket and bought the new away top, my first away top. Have also promised Rodders I'll make his favourite spaghetti soufle for him next time I'm passing :D

Just been down to ER to renew. The club has done the right thing, and enough Scottish football clubs have done the right thing, to convince me that the game is at least salvageable.

I'm absolutely delighted that an East Coast/Highland voting block has emerged, and take the lead and finally assert its authority in our game. This needs to happen more often, we need a progressive force standing up to the West Coast, entrenched, sectarian-led, succulent lamb status quo. Interesting to note the deafening silence from Celtic, (though not the fans, who have been admirable on this issue), giving credence to the notion that both clubs function as one in a sectarian franchise.

Celtic and Rangers will always be prominent in Scottish football. No need to worry about them. Our greatest moments in the post-war domestic game have occurred when we've had a strong Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United. For that to happen, those clubs have to be as united and ruthless in pursuing their joint interests as the OF.

This is a great start, and I hope those clubs sense their power in the game. And yes, he's a nutter, but I salute Vladimir Romanov who being the first to raise his head above the parapet and to set the ball rolling, giving Scottish the message the fans -even Rangers ones- need to hear.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Just been down to ER to renew. The club has done the right thing, and enough Scottish football clubs have done the right thing, to convince me that the game is at least salvageable.

I'm absolutely delighted that an East Coast/Highland voting block has emerged, and take the lead and finally assert its authority in our game. This needs to happen more often, we need a progressive force standing up to the West Coast, entrenched, sectarian-led, succulent lamb status quo. Interesting to note the deafening silence from Celtic, (though not the fans, who have been admirable on this issue), giving credence to the notion that both clubs function as one in a sectarian franchise.

Celtic and Rangers will always be prominent in Scottish football. No need to worry about them. Our greatest moments in the post-war domestic game have occurred when we've had a strong Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United. For that to happen, those clubs have to be as united and ruthless in pursuing their joint interests as the OF.

This is a great start, and I hope those clubs sense their power in the game. And yes, he's a nutter, but I salute Vladimir Romanov who being the first to raise his head above the parapet and to set the ball rolling, giving Scottish the message the fans -even Rangers ones- need to hear.
    You could have just said 'Morbo pleased'

But I agree, it is time that we stick together and vote together on key issues for the greater benefit of the Scottish game. We now have a realistic chance of voting to change the voting system and redistribute wealth accordingly to favour a democratic Scottish league. This is almost a new beginning, one where all clubs need to defend their honour and their fans, we shouldn't be pandering to any club now.

Also it is time for this to be said: Doncaster out!

Time indeed for all Hibs supporters to get behind the club. We should expect queues for season tickets this week. Time to shake off last season and back the club, now that they have done the right thing.

I'm going to do what I can - have nothing spare this month but end July will be donating somehow

Membership / boot sponsorship or something similar

Could this be a little nasty trick RPhas up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets them vote no on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Mmm doubt it...
    Last edited by HNA4; 24-06-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Swearing portion of original post removed

Make money? Hibs don't make money they're losing it....

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Make money? Hibs don't make money they're losing it....
    You know what I ment? Cash in the keep the Huns in?

I highly doubt it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.

You know what I ment? Cash in the keep the Huns in?

I highly doubt it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.
    Yeah I knew what you meant, total pish - 'cash in' Hibs aren't a big business that are fleecing people.

if someone wanted to 'cash in' they would be in a different business

If people are expecting Hibs to spend more than they can afford before thinking about supporting the club in what will be a tough season financially maybe the Huns are right...?

I will buy a season ticket on 5 July, if Newco are asked to apply for admittance into the Scottish Football League.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I will buy a season ticket on 5 July, if Newco are asked to apply for admittance into the Scottish Football League.
    This, even though I am lucky to get 5 or 6 home games a season.

i am delighted our club has taken a stand against the famous glasgow bankrupts. i already have my season ticket and now i will buy the new strip for the belgium jolly up..... G.G.T.T.H.

I have actually upgraded my season tickets before all the fall out. I did tho contact the board and told them I would not be coming along if they voted yes to New co

I think we all agree they should be booted out but the Mafia as Vald says (and he is right) will miss out on freebies etc and dont want them to go down and out simple really I think the SPL,SFA and SFL should not be asked to do the right thing only 2 or 3 years ago they wanted to go to England along with Celtic this should be pointed out at all meeting that are taking place.

I personaly hate rangers and Celtic with a Passion

But RP did the right thing now he needs to invest in the team he will never get a better chance of finishing Second and champions leauge Footie :)