PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Sioux
31-01-2019, 04:02 PM
How's the snow down there? Any delays?

Just about to board. No snow, and no delays.

jacomo
Finally!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943)

I was genuinely excited when I read about this transfer.

As they say, it’s the hope that kills you.

Aim Here
Any word on Scott Allan? I hope his agent is trying everything to secure a release from Celtic. A game of offer and counter-offer that could go on until close to midnight.
Alternatively, Scott is at home on the Xbox, content to sit his contract out and we have a full pre-season to get him match fit.
I’d settle for him arriving at 11:55 & Maclaren staying to fight for a place, while hoping for a cheeky left field move for a speedy forward from a far flung corner of Europe...

Getting Allan for the next six months is the least of our worries. Ryan Gauld already is doing much the same job that Allan would be doing, we have Allan tied up on a pre-contract, and our midfield has already been somewhat imbalanced with attacking midfielders like Mallan having to play far more deep than they're suited for. He'd be nice to have, but if Celtic are trying to drive a hard bargain, we don't need the hassle or expense - Allan isn't needed for the last six months anywhere near as much as we need another striker or centre back.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Finally!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943)

Those Brazilian Free Kicks That never went anywhere near the goal were priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McIntosh
31-01-2019, 04:08 PM
If the club don't get anybody in today this forum will explode - board loyalists will be on alert. More accurately I should say apologists.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Villa and Stoke slugging it out for McKenna 7-8m

greenpaper55
Maybe the money to pay off the management team has scuppered any chance of a transfer, hope i'm wrong.

Stuart93
If the club don't get anybody in today this forum will explode - board loyalists will be on alert. More accurately I should say apologists.

*you’ll explode

Stuart93
31-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Incredible Aberdeen are in a position to reject bids of £5m and above

jacomo
31-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Maybe the money to pay off the management team has scuppered any chance of a transfer, hope i'm wrong.

Yay.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Aberdeen have accepted £7 million for McKenna.

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 04:16 PM

Madness that they're getting two McGinn's worth for an inferior player. Fair play to them.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Madness that they're getting two McGinn's worth for an inferior player. Fair play to them.

Crazy mate. Interested who they bring in to replace him, Ambrose?

Here’s Lucy!
31-01-2019, 04:17 PM

Unbelievable.

Heisenberg
31-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Couple of Scottish journos have said there is no £7m bid in for McKenna.

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Crazy mate. Interested who they bring in to replace him, Ambrose?

Aye, good player no doubt but I can't believe there'd be a single football fan out there who would say he's worth twice McGinn!

I'd hate to see Ambrose head there, would be a sickner. He's a very different player to McKenna and the Aberdeen fans always bood him, so I'm hoping it'd be unlikely.

Onion

Massive money for a small provincial club. Go straight into new stadium pot.

Speedway
Only 3 confirmed deals in the Scottish top flight today and 1 was by a club who had no manager at the time.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 04:21 PM
This now seems to be getting rubbished by a few journalists on Twitter

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Scott Brown signs a 2 year extension at Celtic.

theonlywayisup
31-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Just on from work - it would be great if someone could summarise the latest on the ins and outs at Easter Road. I've been getting texts during the day of Mclaren out and McNulty in, but not sure if they were confirmed or just rumours.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Just on from work - it would be great if someone could summarise the latest on the ins and outs at Easter Road. I've been getting texts during the day of Mclaren out and McNulty in, but not sure if they were confirmed or just rumours.

Nowt has happened.

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 04:23 PM

as below

McIntosh
31-01-2019, 04:24 PM
*you’ll explode I am calm at the centre. Just remember Stuart93 be happy and watch the drama unfold.

elevengoats
31-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Meltdown to begin in another 4-5 hours or so. :)

SRHibs
31-01-2019, 04:27 PM
“Hibernian has concluded its business for the transfer window.”

The Spaceman
31-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Sickner with the price difference between McGinn and McKenna, but that is all down to McGinn having 1 year left!

Waxy
31-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Youll explode with joy.

Waxy
31-01-2019, 04:30 PM
“Hibernian has concluded its business for the transfer window.”

You just saying that? Without really knowing?

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Just a joke

Spudster
31-01-2019, 04:35 PM
13000 season ticket holders have invested in the club. Average attendants are the highest in years

Where’s the money gone? And sorry 7th place is unnacceptable.

sadly the only communication we get from our board is when they want us to renew our season tickets.

The level of players we got in would have been our biggest transfer investment in years if not ever.

Kamberi: fee and high wages due to demand from other clubs
McLaren: well known that he was on high wages
Gauld: high wage
Hyndman: premiership player and international, high wage
Agyepong: premiership player and international, high wage
Bogdan: premiership player and international, high wage
Omeonga: Seria A player, high wage
Mallan: fee and high wages (assumed given his previous club)
Horgan: fee and high wages given he's an international
Milligan: high wages given he's an experienced international who played at the world cup
Nelom: reasonable wage as he came from Feyenord and even capped for Holland
Mavrias: reasonable wage, even capped for Greece
Block: assumed low wage

I agree 7th is unacceptable with that level of investment. Not wanting to debate why as I believe it's a number of factors not one simple reason.

Nemo
31-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Get Stubbsy signed up...should only take an hour or so

THEN go for players.

If I was a player I wouldn’t sign for a team with no manager...just saying

mentalhibee
31-01-2019, 04:36 PM
cracking transfer window this is....lost our best player and signed two loanees

Onceinawhile
31-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Get Stubbsy signed up...should only take an hour or so

THEN go for players.

If I was a player I wouldn’t sign for a team with no manager...just saying

How longs he gonna take to get match fit though?

Ozyhibby
Sickner with the price difference between McGinn and McKenna, but that is all down to McGinn having 1 year left!

The ideal time to sell McGinn was in the summer 2017 but we could not get the price we wanted for him because he was playing lower league football. Just another indirect cost of our relegation.

mentalhibee
The level of players we got in would have been our biggest transfer investment in years if not ever.

Milligan: high wages given he's an experienced international who played at the world cup

I agree 7th is unacceptable with that level of investment. Not wanting to debate why as I believe it's a number of factors not one simple reason.

Hibs won’t be paying half of the loan signings wages.

Spudster
31-01-2019, 04:39 PM
I know that. Even a portion of McLaren or Hyndman's wage would still be hefty though.

Billy Whizz
31-01-2019, 04:40 PM
I know that. Even a portion of McLaren or Hyndman's wage would still be hefty though.

Is Hyndman still at Bournemouth

SteveHFC

Don't worry mate, season tickets will be on sale soon.

Ozyhibby

One appearance in the Premiership does not make Hyndman a premiership player. He is not good enough for the spfl premiership never mind the English one.

Stuart93
31-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Don’t worry, quality becomes available at the end of the transfer window

Robbo6-2
31-01-2019, 04:43 PM
This has to be the worst transfer window in history

Alan62
31-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Hibs won’t be paying half of the loan signings wages.

Who mentioned half?

Any percentage of a 'high wage' could be a lot to us.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Meltdown in 4hrs and 16 minutes and counting...

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 04:46 PM
This has to be the worst transfer window in history
Thought somebody said that the last time? Probably next window too......

madhatter
31-01-2019, 04:48 PM

Board loyalists and board apologists...I don't know who you refer to, fans, that I believe you are referring to, are loyal to the club and I'd imagine they would rather try to back the club, even possibly in a misguided way, over repeated digs. What purpose do comments like your's serve? Criticise board and criticise fans would, as far as you are concerned, back the board? I don't think anybody can throw around the term "apologist" based on the last few days' events. Everything in the past week at Hibs has been rather controversial so both sides are defending one side or the other.

Lennon may have scuppered our plans for signings by doing something wrong but I guess that is impossible and our board are incompetent as always...

Maybe they were incompetent as always when they appointed Lennon? Oh, I forgot, that story has been branded in favour of Lennon - "he came to Hibs and revolutionised the clubs understanding of football and educated them on the ways of winning". His recruitment is spun in favour of Lennon, no acclaim for Hibs in actually recruiting him I see...his departure is spun his way as well. Nasty horrible people in the Hibs board arrises once more!

I, like many fans, pay to follow Hibs and also back the club via schemes like HSL. I get the feeling there is a portion of fans that don't go to games (when they can comforably afford to), constantly criticise the board, come out with things like "Ponzi scheme" as soon as anything goes wrong and generally try to plant seeds of discontent within the fanbase. What do we call these fans? I have a few suggestions.

SRHibs
31-01-2019, 04:48 PM

Nope, it's confirmed unfortunately.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943

Zazu62
31-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Aren’t exactly household names

elevengoats
31-01-2019, 04:52 PM
<<<<< TOTAL MELTDOWN >>>>>

:hi: ​

Follow the meltdown here:
https://countingdownto.com/?c=2377142 (https://countingdownto.com/?c=2377142)

madhatter
31-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Without signings we have a good enough squad to reach top six. We've been underperforming. Difficulty with recruiting now is we've got a rebuilding job in the summer anyway and we still don't know if we are running with a Caretaker until then. Players potentially leaving in the summer (or before):

Permanent but getting on a bit/useless so far
------
McGregor (should be transitioning into coach as I think he'll be a good one)
Gray (as above)
Bartley (should play the big games but shouldn't be regular next season)
Nelom (useless so far)

Loans
------
Maclaren
Bodgan
Gauld
Omeonga
Agyepong

Imagine signing a player on a 4 year contract for our new manager to want to offload him in the summer. That'd be stupid.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Sky Sports News

"Hibernian are still trying to get striker Marc McNulty from Reading but that deal is still up in the air"

Ozyhibby
31-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Without signings we have a good enough squad to reach top six. We've been underperforming. Difficulty with recruiting now is we've got a rebuilding job in the summer anyway and we still don't know if we are running with a Caretaker until then. Players potentially leaving in the summer (or before):

Permanent but getting on a bit/useless so far
------
McGregor (should be transitioning into coach as I think he'll be a good one)
Gray (as above)
Bartley (should play the big games but shouldn't be regular next season)
Nelom (useless so far)

Loans
------
Maclaren
Bodgan
Gauld
Omeonga
Agyepong

Imagine signing a player on a 4 year contract for our new manager to want to offload him in the summer. That'd be stupid.

If I knew we were going to chuck it in January I might not have bought a season ticket.

madhatter
31-01-2019, 04:57 PM
If I knew we were going to chuck it in January I might not have bought a season ticket.

Chuck what?

mcfly
31-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Sky Sports News

"Hibernian are still trying to get striker Marc McNulty from Reading but that deal is still up in the air"

I would hope we would be trying for more than 1.

Still time but what a terrible week for hibs

Souter96Mac
31-01-2019, 04:58 PM
We got Allan last minute this time last year, will we do it again?

Just Jimmy
31-01-2019, 04:59 PM
I would hope we would be trying for more than 1.

Still time but what a terrible week for hibsterrible window.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibs90
31-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Meltdown in 4hrs and 16 minutes and counting...

No wonder.

Borderhibbie76
31-01-2019, 05:02 PM
We got Allan last minute this time last year, will we do it again?We need something...if there are no signings in the door today then serious questions need to be asked of this Hibs board...our 1st team squad is tiny

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 05:03 PM
We got Allan last minute this time last year, will we do it again?

I have a feeling we will. What is concerning me is it could be more of a got nothing else coming off so this will take a bit of the heat of us. Only ones pretty happy here are Celtic in that scenario

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Board loyalists and board apologists...I don't know who you refer to, fans, that I believe you are referring to, are loyal to the club and I'd imagine they would rather try to back the club, even possibly in a misguided way, over repeated digs. What purpose do comments like your's serve? Criticise board and criticise fans would, as far as you are concerned, back the board? I don't think anybody can throw around the term "apologist" based on the last few days' events. Everything in the past week at Hibs has been rather controversial so both sides are defending one side or the other.

Lennon may have scuppered our plans for signings by doing something wrong but I guess that is impossible and our board are incompetent as always...

Maybe they were incompetent as always when they appointed Lennon? Oh, I forgot, that story has been branded in favour of Lennon - "he came to Hibs and revolutionised the clubs understanding of football and educated them on the ways of winning". His recruitment is spun in favour of Lennon, no acclaim for Hibs in actually recruiting him I see...his departure is spun his way as well. Nasty horrible people in the Hibs board arrises once more!

I, like many fans, pay to follow Hibs and also back the club via schemes like HSL. I get the feeling there is a portion of fans that don't go to games (when they can comforably afford to), constantly criticise the board, come out with things like "Ponzi scheme" as soon as anything goes wrong and generally try to plant seeds of discontempt within the fanbase. What do we call these fans? I have a few suggestions.

Discontempt isn't a real word. But in this context - and leaving Neil Lennon out of it - I think you've invented a cracking word to describe the behaviour mentioned in the last paragraph.

Lee Marvin
31-01-2019, 05:04 PM
We need something...if there are no signings in the door today then serious questions need to be asked of this Hibs board...our 1st team squad is tiny

Hearts squad must be nearly twice the size of ours. This place is going to be utter carnage in a couple of hours.

Imagine we lose on Saturday too....

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 05:05 PM

I, like many fans, pay to follow Hibs and also back the club via schemes like HSL. I get the feeling there is a portion of fans that don't go to games (when they can comforably afford to), constantly criticise the board, come out with things like "Ponzi scheme" as soon as anything goes wrong and generally try to plant seeds of discontempt within the fanbase. What do we call these fans? I have a few suggestions.

Who among the users of this forum have accused the club of running a "Ponzi scheme"?

wookie70
31-01-2019, 05:05 PM
I hope we aren't wasting too much time on Allen as we have far bigger priority. We have Gauld and Mallan that can play in that area. We desperately need some forwards and can't let the window passed without at least one if not a couple.

Waxy
31-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Nasty

Hibs90
I hope we aren't wasting too much time on Allen as we have far bigger priority. We have Gauld and Mallan that can play in that area. We desperately need some forwards and can't let the window passed without at least one if not a couple.

Defender too

Callum_62
St Johnston sign Sean Goss

madhatter
31-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Discontempt isn't a real word. But in this context - and leaving Neil Lennon out of it - I think you've invented a cracking word to describe the behaviour mentioned in the last paragraph.

Oops typo. Corrected now, cheers. It would be a great word though.

One Day Soon
We need something...if there are no signings in the door today then serious questions need to be asked of this Hibs board...our 1st team squad is tiny

If the manager goes signings became a lot harder - and they're of questionable value too. Anyone who wanted Lennon gone after Motherwell really can't complain about this, regardless of the circumstances under which he left.

mcfly

Agreed - massive crowds may start to get less

The board will have to shoulder the blame and rightly so.

Tiny squad - loads of injuries no replacements

Shocking this has happened.

Jones28

Stop ****ing doing that

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Isn't he one of the Bros twins?

SloopJB
Who among the users of this forum have accused the club of running a "Ponzi scheme"?
I've seen it but think it was a joke (whooshed with me though)

BILLYHIBS

The horror! :turnevil:

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Was on loan at Rangers - scored a FK against us I believe

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 05:10 PM
Scougal away to Carlisle

Waxy
31-01-2019, 05:11 PM

When, will i,will i be famous?
I cant answer.......i cant answer that.

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 05:11 PM

:top marks

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Our club is a ****ing shambles the now. Looks like we're back to the old hibs we loved.

wookie70
31-01-2019, 05:13 PM
Defender too Yes but I still think we should be prioritising a striker over every other signing. We have SDG, Whittaker and Milligan that can all play centre half at a push. We only have Shaw and Kamberi(assuming MacLaren has gone) as real first team players to play up front. We need cover there more than anything and as time is running out I hope that is the focus. Scott Allen may be a fantastic passer of the ball but even he needs someone to pass to.

Nemo
Posted at 17:3917:39
Carver in Hibs frame

Alasdair Lamont
BBC Sport Scotland
Former Newcastle United interim manager John Carver has emerged as a potential candidate to succeed Neil Lennon as Hibernian head coach.

Carver was in temporary charge at St James’ Park on a number of occasions, most recently from January 2015 until the end of that season.

He was a head coach in his own right at Toronto FC in the MLS and the Cypriot club Omonia.

His last role was as Alan Pardew’s assistant at West Bromwich Albion, but he is keen to manage again.

Prefer Stubbsy knows the players and the club.

Iain G
Our club is a ****ing shambles the now. Looks like we're back to the old hibs we loved.

Don't we always love Hibs?

S4uzee
31-01-2019, 05:14 PM

Yup looks that way. We will no doubt just “fall short” of any signings tonight

One Day Soon
IMHO the fewer players we sign today the greater the likelihood they announce Stubbs over the weekend. And if we sign no-one then I reckon Stubbs is an absolute certainty.

Smartie

I'm sure he is, but can't remember whether he's the nutter or the weirdo.

21sMay
Celtic wanting us to cover allans whole wage from now untill end of season

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Yup looks that way. We will no doubt just “fall short” of any signings tonight

Then tomorrow they'll be posting tweets about tickets for upcoming games and asking fans to buy them.

One Day Soon
Carver in Hibs frame

Alasdair Lamont
BBC Sport Scotland
Former Newcastle United interim manager John Carver has emerged as a potential candidate to succeed Neil Lennon as Hibernian head coach.

Carver was in temporary charge at St James’ Park on a number of occasions, most recently from January 2015 until the end of that season.

He was a head coach in his own right at Toronto FC in the MLS and the Cypriot club Omonia.

His last role was as Alan Pardew’s assistant at West Bromwich Albion, but he is keen to manage again.

Anyone connected to Pardew in management by any part of a Venn diagram no matter how small is just a no for me.

yonder1875
Anything less than Mcnulty and Allan is absolutely ***** and of course we won’t get both done. The usual.

Frank Moon
31-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Will not may!

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Would probably cost us just over £100k between now and the end of May. If it’s the difference between us finishing in the top and bottom 6 then do it

madhatter

I think a few have suggested that. Especially back during the launch of HSL but certainly I have seen more than a few suggesting something fishy even if they haven't used "Ponzi scheme" in a while.

Surely anybody can see how quick, as a fanbase, we get widespread suggestions that the board are always either messing something up through their incompetence or something more sinister? Seems relentless for me. Leeann has been present during an upturn at the club and yet at the first sign that things might not be going to plan people are grasping for their pitchforks again. As far as I can see it, this board can never get anything substantial wrong. I'd actually say this isn't solely about this board or it's members, it's a collective mindset that hasn't shifted even after 3-4 years of relative success and a board attempting to rekindle trust. It's almost the idea of the board. People claim Farmer and Petrie being gone will have us all dancing but, in truth, if we miss out on a signing and end up finishing in the bottom six in a hypothetical season in the future we'd be calling for their replacements' heads.

S4uzee
Then tomorrow they'll be posting tweets about tickets for upcoming games and asking fans to buy them.

“Priced out of the move”. Yeah remember the Raith deadline is tomorrow ....

Nicho87
31-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Top 6 literally in the balance in the new few hours imo. No players destined for bottom 6. Scott Allan and mcnulty think we can pull off top 6.

OtleyHibs
31-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Could he come and be paid what he has already agreed to play for next season? I know that would be dependent on him agreeing to a pay cut and fair play if he wants to get his full amount due but I guess I’m asking would that be anything to do with Celtic so long as they don’t have to pay him anything?

Not sure I’m making sense here tbh 😄

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2019, 05:19 PM

Juan kers

21sMay
31-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Could he come and be paid what he has already agreed to play for next season? I know that would be dependent on him agreeing to a pay cut and fair play if he wants to get his full amount due but I guess I’m asking would that be anything to do with Celtic so long as they don’t have to pay him anything?

Not sure I’m making sense here tbh 😄

Would be the ideal scenario

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Yes but I still think we should be prioritising a striker over every other signing. We have SDG, Whittaker and Milligan that can all play centre half at a push. We only have Shaw and Kamberi(assuming MacLaren has gone) as real first team players to play up front. We need cover there more than anything and as time is running out I hope that is the focus. Scott Allen may be a fantastic passer of the ball but even he needs someone to pass to.

We could play Daz up front at a push.

Allan was signed on a pre-contract and Gauld as yet another loan and some on here came out with smart-ass posts basically telling those of us criticising the club to shut up as there was plenty time left to sign players, etc.

Now once again after a crap window in August we're scrabbling around at the end of the window with a paper-thin squad and no manager, and not a cheep from the club to the fans. Nah, not good enough, Hibs.

Rumble de Thump
31-01-2019, 05:21 PM

It would be a disgrace if the club try to sell tickets for games.

B.H.F.C
31-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Something dramatic might happen in the next few hours but what a bloody disaster of a month so far.

500miles
31-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Why do people keep saying Maclaren has gone? Oz transfer window is shut and he's still here!

Hermit Crab

They don't care about the fans, never have. How long have we had issues with e tickets? Still no resolution.

3pm
Carver in Hibs frame

Alasdair Lamont
BBC Sport Scotland

He can **** off.

Rumble de Thump
31-01-2019, 05:23 PM
They don't care about the fans, never have. How long have we had issues with e tickets? Still no resolution.

Classic :greengrin

Callum_62
John carver? [emoji15]

Tynie01011973
I'm sure he is, but can't remember whether he's the nutter or the weirdo.

No, it was Matt and Luke that wanted to be famous

Hermit Crab
He can **** off.

Very underwhelmed, would be seriously pissed off if he got an interview never mind the job.

erin-go-bragh87
31-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Anyone connected to Pardew in management by any part of a Venn diagram no matter how small is just a no for me.

100% this.

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Would probably cost us just over £100k between now and the end of May. If it’s the difference between us finishing in the top and bottom 6 then do it

That's way too sensible and over-simplistic for the Hibs Board to countenance, it's far more complex and nuanced than that, and the humble fans should just accept that and keep buying your season tickets.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Tam McManus saying Hibs are working hard on trying to get a couple of players in and remain hopeful

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Classic :greengrin

Whats classic about it? Its true, the club couldn't give a **** about the fans, look back to the loyalty points and how we got ****ed over because the club failed to set it up properly.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Carver in Hibs frame

Alasdair Lamont
BBC Sport Scotland

So just a potential candidate

Wilson
31-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Tam McManus saying Hibs are working hard on trying to get a couple of players in and remain hopeful

Bollocks. I was hopeful until I read that.

GloryGlory
31-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 05:31 PM

I don't think they'd dare, to be honest.

Best advised to stay home until the weather improves, imo.

supermcginn
31-01-2019, 05:32 PM
So just a potential candidate

Shouldnt be in the top 1000 on the list, he's a joker

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Bloody hope so

Hibs90
31-01-2019, 05:34 PM

More **** to try appease the fans "we tried"

Bull****.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Getting Allan for the next six months is the least of our worries. Ryan Gauld already is doing much the same job that Allan would be doing, we have Allan tied up on a pre-contract, and our midfield has already been somewhat imbalanced with attacking midfielders like Mallan having to play far more deep than they're suited for. He'd be nice to have, but if Celtic are trying to drive a hard bargain, we don't need the hassle or expense - Allan isn't needed for the last six months anywhere near as much as we need another striker or centre back.

Said much the same to my old man in Quinn's on Sunday.

Hibbyradge
That's way too sensible and over-simplistic for the Hibs Board to countenance, it's far more complex and nuanced than that, and the humble fans should just accept that and keep buying your season tickets.

"Would probably" cost just over £100k. Aye? You sure?

Yep, on the basis that we don't know what Scott Allan is earning at Celtc, let's vilify our board for penny pinching .

1van Sprou7e
Sorry but personally I think there is no way we are looking at john carver

Leann is not an idiot

Shrekko
31-01-2019, 05:36 PM

Bull****.

Aye that would appease the fans eh?😂

hibee-boys
31-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yip, poor little Lawell still upset about missing out on McGinn. Let them pay his wages for the next few months, we'll look forward to Scott joining our pre season nice and fresh! Gauld will do Allan's job for the rest of the season.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Bull****.

Is it bullshut?

What if we get those players?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Yip, poor little Lawell still upset about missing out on McGinn. Let them pay his wages for the next few months, we'll look forward to Scott joining our pre season nice and fresh! Gauld will do Allan's job for the rest of the season.

It's just business.

They're trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

I think we'll get him late on.

Scotty Leither
"Would probably" cost just over £100k. Aye? You sure?

Yep, on the basis that we don't know what Scott Allan is earning at Celtc, let's vilify our board for penny pinching .

Thanks for proving my point.

Beefster

Bull****.

You’re definitely dealing with the pressure and anxiety of today less well than most posters.

Hibs90
31-01-2019, 05:40 PM
You’re definitely dealing with the pressure and anxiety of today less well than most posters.

Cheers Geoff.

Golden Bear
31-01-2019, 05:42 PM
I've prepared myself for "no signings." It makes sense for the incoming Manager to have at his disposal any available funds for future signings. We're not going to be relegated nor make a European slot so there's no real panic.

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 05:44 PM
I've prepared myself for "no signings." It makes sense for the incoming Manager to have at his disposal any available funds for future signings. We're not going to be relegated nor make a European slot so there's no real panic.

Have we stockpiled youth players in case "no signings" becomes a reality?

Stuart93
31-01-2019, 05:45 PM

No real panic apart from the potential loss of a couple thousand ST holders and the cash that comes with it

Wilson
31-01-2019, 05:48 PM

I hope the board aren't taking the fans enjoyment of their football that lightly.

For all that some have written this season off fans will still want us to win the next match, next derby, next OF game.

We need to be competitive and we need to be entertaining. Not next season. Next game. Otherwise the club's drive to get fans through the door and invest in the club is a wasted effort.

Robbo6-2
31-01-2019, 05:49 PM
No real panic apart from the potential loss of a couple thousand ST holders and the cash that comes with it

Exactly

H18 SFR
It must be hard to attract signings with no manager in place. All this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

One Day Soon
This is Board-hater nirvana. You have to remember that twice a year at close of window is when they are at peak. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Zazu62
31-01-2019, 05:50 PM
It must be hard to attract signings with no manager in place. All this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Exactly.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Have we stockpiled youth players in case "no signings" becomes a reality?

It'll be fine, there are thousands of free agent deals written and ready to go as soon as the no signings window slams shut.

Diclonius

This is a fair point, but we always seem to have a reason every transfer window as to why we can't bring in quality. It used to be the "you're not buying enough STs - every penny from ST sales goes towards the player budget!" line - notice that since we've gone over 12,000 STs that mantra has completely disappeared from club dialogue.

Real Emerald
I hope the board aren't taking the fans enjoyment of their football that lightly.

For all that some have written this season off fans will still want us to win the next match, next derby, next OF game.

We need to be competitive and we need to be entertaining. Not next season. Next game. Otherwise the club's drive to get fans through the door and invest in the club is a wasted effort.

Completely agree with this. If we lose season ticket holders in large numbers it will be very difficult to get them back, if ever. Fans will not take well to a failed season and no signings. The next few hours are crucial to keep fans onboard IMO.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 05:53 PM

A wee reminder that some people actually wanted this to happen. Manager-less in the window. Bonkers.

mcfly

The fans have turned up in large numbers . They deserve the same level of commitment from the board.

If not then the board cannot complain if crowds go down.

No signings means a very hard sell for the season tickets

Hibbyradge
Thanks for proving my point.

:faf:

What mysterious point did I prove?

Nuanced or not, if you don't want to buy a season ticket, no-one is forcing you to do so.

I won't be.

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 05:55 PM
This is Board-hater nirvana. You have to remember that twice a year at close of window is when they are at peak. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

There were no complaints about the 2015 or 2016 windows when the club was investing heavily in the playing squad. We were all happy with the transfer windows last season too (the summer window we were at least happy at the time, because on paper we made very good signings). People are allowed to have genuine concerns about our recruitment.

Famous Fiver
I take it that, as a free agent, Efe could sign any time, either before or after the deadline?

Hibbyradge

Unless, of course, the new manager signs a bunch of exciting players in the summer.

When the season tickets are on sale.

Babyshamble
31-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I take it that, as a free agent, Efe could sign any time, either before or after the deadline?
Aye.👍

G B Young
31-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Two, possibly three signings being worked on but likely to go down to wire I believe.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 05:57 PM
This is a fair point, but we always seem to have a reason every transfer window as to why we can't bring in quality. It used to be the "you're not buying enough STs - every penny from ST sales goes towards the player budget!" line - notice that since we've gone over 12,000 STs that mantra has completely disappeared from club dialogue.

Lennon signed 33 players in, what, two and a half years.

bingo70
31-01-2019, 05:57 PM
A wee reminder that some people actually wanted this to happen. Manager-less in the window. Bonkers.

Not many were calling for him to be sacked.

I think almost everyone was hoping a couple of good additions in the transfer window would turn things around.

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Two, possibly three signings being worked on but likely to go down to wire I believe.

Good news, hopefully we get them all over the line, fingers crossed 🤞

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Daily Record saying Hibs are “throwing the kitchen sink” at their attempts to bring back Efe Ambrose

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 05:59 PM

Thats more like it.

Hibbyradge

I think almost everyone was hoping a couple of good additions in the transfer window would turn things around.

Bingo, loads of folk wanted him sacked on Thursday.

I was vilified for saying that he'd sign the right players and we'd finish top 6.

04Sauzee
Daily Record saying Hibs are “throwing the kitchen sink” at their attempts to bring back Efe Ambrose

If only it wasn't the Daily Record

bingo70
31-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Bingo, loads of folk wanted him sacked on Thursday.

I was vilified for saying that he'd sign the right players and we'd finish top 6.

I wasn’t bothered he left and I think it’s for the best he has but I was happy for him to be given this transfer window to prove me wrong.

Imo that’s the way most of the people who wanted Lennon gone were talking.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 06:02 PM
There were no complaints about the 2015 or 2016 windows when the club was investing heavily in the playing squad. We were all happy with the transfer windows last season too (the summer window we were at least happy at the time, because on paper we made very good signings). People are allowed to have genuine concerns about our recruitment.

Yes, most people do. But the Board haters are a breed apart.

Stuart93
31-01-2019, 06:03 PM
Unless, of course, the new manager signs a bunch of exciting players in the summer.

When the season tickets are on sale.

Aye there is that however people might make the assumption that it’s unlikely when we sold off/lost our best players the previous summer, never recruited well enough and finished bottom 6, which at this point is a real possibility.

Last few seasons I’ve been absolutely convinced we and the board turned a corner, back to earth with a BANG

One Day Soon

That's true, but some actually were.

Frank Moon

Lennon did? I thought the football department did the transfers?

neil7908
31-01-2019, 06:04 PM

I'd like Efe back but if we have kitchen sinks to throw I'd rather we chucked them in the direction of a forward or two.

madhatter
31-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Lennon signed the right players, football department and board signed the wrong ones.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Announce Ambrose, Allan, Fletcher, Hartley, Barker and McNulty I’d consider that best business in a long time.

Shame we probably won’t announce any of them

wookie70
I'd like Efe back but if we have kitchen sinks to throw I'd rather we chucked them in the direction of a forward or two. Knowing our luck it would hit and injure them

Hibbyradge
I wasn’t bothered he left and I think it’s for the best he has but I was happy for him to be given this transfer window to prove me wrong.

Imo that’s the way most of the people who wanted Lennon gone were talking.

Callum 1 and 90+2 and others were desperate for him to be sacked.

If I get bored later, I'll dig some of the posts up. They won't be hard to find. They're all on the car crash thread.

Hibeesmad
Knowing our luck it would hit and injure them

😂

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 06:07 PM

I miss your point.

Hibs have invested heavily in the squad since NL arrived.

G B Young
31-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Announce Ambrose, Allan, Fletcher, Hartley, Barker and McNulty I’d consider that best business in a long time.

Shame we probably won’t announce any of them

Bigirimana from Motherwell now being linked with a move to Hibs.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 06:11 PM
I think 90+2 will be reappearing on the message board quite soon. :wink:

Diclonius

It seems as though we are looking at a number of different players. Getting them in is a another thing entirely.

Zazu62
Have we ever signed anyone without a manager before?

Stuart93
31-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Really hope not, as average as they come.

Keyser Sauzee
31-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Uninspiring to say the least.

Brooster
31-01-2019, 06:13 PM
McNulty edging closer but not over the line.

Lester B

Another midfielder???

Hibeesmad

Would prefer the money put towards Allan

Hibbyradge
Have we ever signed anyone without a manager before?

Neil Lennon, Alan Stubbs, Tony Mowbray ...

Sorry :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
I think 90+2 will be reappearing on the message board quite soon. :wink:

Sounds positive RE McNulty..... ?? 🙏🙏

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 06:14 PM
McNulty edging closer but not over the line.

Loan deal?

CallumLaidlaw
If only it wasn't the Daily Record

Basically it’s another thinly veiled dig at Hibs from Keith Jackson - load of rubbish.

Onion

On top of a squad what had just won the Scottish Cup !

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Dundee Utd trying for Osman Sow.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 06:15 PM
On top of a squad what had just won the Scottish Cup !

Good point.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Scougal away to Carlisle

Tough match for one player.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Tough match for one player.

Hahahaha.

I'm sitting on my settee on my own waiting for Mrs R to get home cos she's working late and I think the neighbours heard me laugh out loud at that!

:thumbsup:

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Dundee Utd trying for Osman Sow.

I'd take him absolutely totally 100% any day of the week.

hibsbollah
31-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Best January window in history? 2016.

Stokes, Gunnarson, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Thomson in. At the time, I was antipathetic because we'd shipped out Malonga. Turned out all right in the end.

Haymaker
31-01-2019, 06:24 PM
:hyper

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 06:24 PM

Stokes, Gunnarson, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Thomson in. At the time, I was antipathetic because we'd shipped out Malonga. Turned out all right in the end.

2015 or 2018 were the best January ones for me IMO.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Daily Record saying Hibs are “throwing the kitchen sink” at their attempts to bring back Efe AmbroseWon't work, my sources tell me Efe already has a kitchen sink. In fact he had a full compliment of sinks, WC, bath, shower the whole works.

Rod's going to have to consider throwing in some shower curtain rings in to seal the deal.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
31-01-2019, 06:26 PM

Add in Conrad Logan in March and the rest is history....:flag:

hibsbollah
31-01-2019, 06:26 PM

Who did we sign in 2015? McGinn?

HibeeHibernian4
31-01-2019, 06:27 PM

Swapping out Malonga for Dagnall is one of the few times I have genuinely been angry at Hibs.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 06:28 PM

What about the return of Deeko 😆😁

Ronniekirk
31-01-2019, 06:28 PM

They can F—k Off

G B Young
31-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Maclaren's definitely away now (sorry if already posted) so hopefully another striker has been signed. Don't think the Efe deal will happen.

Scotty Leither
31-01-2019, 06:29 PM
:faf:

What mysterious point did I prove?

Nuanced or not, if you don't want to buy a season ticket, no-one is forcing you to do so.

I won't be.

Bully for you...I will be, in fact i'll be buying three, one for me and two other members of my family. I'll also considering upping my contribution to HSL.

"Point" you proved with your hilarious rolling-about-laughing-smiley finds accord with the other Board devotees on here and indeed, with our inert Board of Directors and their PR man who think they know best.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Maclaren's definitely away now (sorry if already posted) so hopefully another striker has been signed. Don't think the Efe deal will happen.

Is he? Can't find that anywhere

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 06:32 PM

If that’s true we must have a replacement. No way can we go with another striker down.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2019, 06:33 PM

Translated means we tried but failed

hibsbollah
31-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Bully for you...

Very underutilized expression, well done. I'm thinking ration books, The Eagle comic and Sputnik.

superfurryhibby
Swapping out Malonga for Dagnall is one of the few times I have genuinely been angry at Hibs.

I think more likely we swapped Malonga or Stokes, in terms of wages. Dagnall was cover, Stokes was brought in to win the Scottish Cup.

1van Sprou7e

Not really our fault that malonga left

Hibeesmad
Jamie MacLaren still able to join Melbourne City up until 11pm tonight.

Aim Here
31-01-2019, 06:35 PM

11pm tonight, Australia time is long gone.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Bully for you...I will be, in fact i'll be buying three, one for me and two other members of my family. I'll also considering upping my contribution to HSL.

"Point" you proved with your hilarious rolling-about-laughing-smiley finds accord with the other Board devotees on here and indeed, with our inert Board of Directors and their PR man who think they know best.

You didn't make that point, but hey ho, who needs accuracy when you're angry about something, eh?

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 06:36 PM
11pm tonight, Australia time is long gone.

They can use a FIFA loophole which means they can secure the signing through the German transfer window.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Darrell Currie saying Hibs are busy

RoxburghHibs

No the deadline has passed in Australia.

Ell_Chrisso
Hearing a lot of movement at East Mains. Various cars coming and going. Hopefully a 1/2 deals getting done

Hibbyradge
No the deadline has passed in Australia.

It hasn't passed in Germany.

CRAZYHIBBY
I just got a metal splinter in my thumb....still more exciting than this deadline day

Stuart93
Hearing a lot of movement at East Mains. Various cars coming and going. Hopefully a 1/2 deals getting done

Half deals?? We need a whole one

Bobby Moore
31-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Motherwell forum saying Hartley rumour can be put to bed he’s going no where!

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 06:40 PM
They can use a FIFA loophole which means they can secure the signing through the German transfer window.

What loophole?

RoxburghHibs
31-01-2019, 06:41 PM

Good point - I guess they could release him.

Sioux
31-01-2019, 06:41 PM

Its the Polis. There's been another pagger.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 06:42 PM

They’re in Australia though? We can’t sign players from Russia during their different transfer window. German teams can buy from Aus but I can’t see why Aus teams could buy from Germany out with their window?

alihibs1
http://bit.ly/2UuteI3

SteveHFC
Ambrose will not return to Hibs

Brian McLauchlin

BBC Sport Scotland

Defender Efe Ambrose will not be rejoining Hibernian in this transfer window as the club are now pursuing another as yet unnamed target. The Nigerian exercised a break clause in his contract to leave Easter Road earlier in January.

Also the deal to bring former Livingston striker Mark McNulty to Easter Road from Reading on loan in still a distinct possibility.

alihibs1
31-01-2019, 06:43 PM
http://bit.ly/2UuteI3

Must have a striker coming in... surely.

Jim44

There was me thinking Lawwell was a bitter, petty barsteward .......... looks like he’s just got a really crazy sense of humour.

beensaidbefore
Evening news saying mclaren is defo away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-maclaren-leaves-hibs-after-club-terminates-loan-1-4865767/amp

ElginHibbie
Half deals?? We need a whole one

Petrie! :grr:

G B Young
Is he? Can't find that anywhere

Evening News sport Twitter.

RoxburghHibs
Evening News saying Hibs have cencelled the loan deal for MacLaren

GloryGlory
31-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Its the Polis. There's been another pagger.

:greengrin

Diclonius

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-maclaren-leaves-hibs-after-club-terminates-loan-1-4865767/amp

I really think we'd have gotten the best out of him this half of the season. A shame.

04Sauzee

I would have hoped for 2

Hibeesmad
Must definitely be a striker coming in

beensaidbefore
31-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Also says we were holding off until we had someone else... Hopefully that will be announced soon. 😁

Jim44

I thought that was the case but it seems a bit odd that nobody has publicly announced it.

GloryGlory
What about the return of Deeko 😆😁

He came in the summer, ISTR.

Real Emerald

It’s an absolute must, Lennon said we needed two, and now we’ve lost another. Crazy stuff if we haven’t got others lined up!

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 06:46 PM
We better sign atleast 1 striker

04Sauzee
Evening News sport Twitter.

Seen it now mate cheers

SlickShoes
Hate to think what we were paying for McLaren to sit in the stand and in the bench.

sean04
31-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Would be the biggest hibs thing ever if we didn't manage to sign anybody then kamberi gets injured

Diclonius
McNulty deal must be done now.

Hibeesmad
McNulty and Fletcher?

Or Cummings..

21sMay
Very close to Scott Allan now I'm hearing . Was told around half an hour ago Celtic wanted full wage . Unsure at to how that had changed

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 06:48 PM
McNulty and Fletcher?

Or Cummings..

Cummings on his way to Luton I think?

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Would be the biggest hibs thing ever if we didn't manage to sign anybody then kamberi gets injured

Yet some folk don’t seem concerned about it, strange 😳

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 06:49 PM
We better get a striker signed.

Billy Whizz
31-01-2019, 06:50 PM
We better get a striker signed.

We must have if we’ve terminated his deal

Gordy M
Yet some folk don’t seem concerned about it, strange ��

Cos its not happened??? Il worry about things IF and when they happen?

marinello59
Yet some folk don’t seem concerned about it, strange ��

Really? Absolutely every one of us will be concerned if we don’t sign another striker. We don’t all have to run about saying we are doomed just yet though. We can save it for later. :greengrin

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Really? IAbsolutely every one of us will be concerned if we don’t sign another striker. We don’t all have to run about saying we are doomed just yet though. We can save it for later. :greengrin
😂

flash
31-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Very close to Scott Allan now I'm hearing . Was told around half an hour ago Celtic wanted full wage . Unsure at to how that had changed

That would make up for everything for me.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 06:54 PM

We don’t even need him.. but I still want him more than anyone else.

matty_f
31-01-2019, 06:56 PM
I think it's hilarious that sometime thinks there are board devotees on here. Folk support Hibs, not the board.

21sMay
31-01-2019, 06:57 PM
McNulty signs for Sunderland. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14301259

Oooooftttt ..... 😂