PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

J-C
17-01-2019, 12:35 PM
I'm not saying people shouldn't discuss it, but we've got pages of chat here about the recruitment team being either ineffective or incompetent with folk saying what should be happening, as if any of us really know (some will, of course).

Doesn't mean that we should stop discussing it but before we get carried away it's with remembering that folk do it as a job so maybe know what they're doing.

All Scottish refs do it for a living and the vast majority on here will tell you they don't have a clue what they are doing.

500miles
17-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Wasn't that in December for the development team? A promising signing for the future but unsure he's going to get us out the bottom half of the league.

Short term possibly, but id be surprised if he's uprooted from the South Coast for development team football. He's 18, and very physically developed.

bigwheel
17-01-2019, 12:36 PM
All Scottish refs do it for a living and the vast majority on here will tell you they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Yeah. But that’s just us fans looking through tinted specs...most do a decent job ...that’s a hard gig ...

matty_f
17-01-2019, 12:37 PM
That's a discussion in itself surely because lately there's been little evidence of this.

I disagree.

matty_f
17-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Sorry Matty but with respect, that reads like the same thing to me.

Fair enough.

J-C
17-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Yeah. But that’s just us fans looking through tinted specs...most do a decent job ...that’s a hard gig ...

I think you're seeing things differently from the rest then as every game this season so far I've seen the refs have been bloody brutal, there's a big meeting with the SFA and managers to discuss the referee issues.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 12:40 PM
most do a decent job ...

That’s definitely trolling. Reported.

One Day Soon
17-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Because that is about signings not activity , Hibs will be very active ..number of signings does not correlate to activity ...you are determined to take a negative position in this . So you will no doubt answer with “activity
Without signings doesn’t make any difference”...

Why not just chill and see how we get on?

Axes to grind, pots to stir...

bigwheel
17-01-2019, 12:41 PM
I think you're seeing things differently from the rest then as every game this season so far I've seen the refs have been bloody brutal, there's a big meeting with the SFA and managers to discuss the referee issues.

There have been some big decisions wrong this year for sure ...and also some strange review panel decisions ...but without help of goal line tech and VAR..I think they largely do fine ..

People never focus on the games with no issues ..they just remember the bad ones against their team

bigwheel
17-01-2019, 12:42 PM
That’s definitely trolling. Reported.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190117/355372e6d261125e58ac19c05fdef8cb.gif

[emoji2][emoji106]

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the advice boss, but I’ll carry on loving the endless crap posted on here if that’s alright with you.
Crack on big boy

The 90+2
17-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Axes to grind, pots to stir...

Not at all. I'll call it as I see it though and if it's not through rose tinted glasses like yourself then it's not really me with the issue.

J-C
17-01-2019, 01:06 PM
There have been some big decisions wrong this year for sure ...and also some strange review panel decisions ...but without help of goal line tech and VAR..I think they largely do fine ..

People never focus on the games with no issues ..they just remember the bad ones against their team

I'm not talking about bad decisions against us, they've been terrible against every team this year, the standard in Scotland is abysmal.

bigwheel
17-01-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm not talking about bad decisions against us, they've been terrible against every team this year, the standard in Scotland is abysmal.

Don’t see it as bad. It is what it is...we’ve been worse than the refs in a number of games [emoji2]

GreenCastle
17-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Have we signed a Ref ?

They have been really poor this season - not just this season - the standard of refs like the football set up in Scotland is run my muppets and as a result we usually have a weekly talking point.

Also why isn’t there more nationalities reffing our game ?

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Have we signed a Ref ?

They have been really poor this season - not just this season - the standard of refs like the football set up in Scotland is run my muppets and as a result we usually have a weekly talking point.

Also why isn’t there more nationalities reffing our game ?
Refereeing opportunities are open to everyone including you. Admittedly, mounting a goat and having the correct handshake seems to be a pre-requisite for top level, but there's nothing stopping you going for it......

silverhibee
17-01-2019, 01:23 PM
So, any news yet.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 01:25 PM
He seemed pretty honest about trying to get Gauld in and that was in the press we were in talks? Why would he lie about wanting a player it’s 6 months left on his contract who isn’t anywhere near getting a game? Also, as he’s still not anywhere near match sharp you would think we would like any deal to be done as soon as possible to get him up to speed?

It's practically written into their contracts that managers will lie, and i have the default position that if i see their lips moving they are probably lying.

That way i wont get all annoyed at something i know nothing about, or make assumptions on groundless rumours, as in the grand scheme of things, we know practically nothing about whats going on in the background regarding potential signings.

brog
17-01-2019, 01:29 PM
I just recently added that page on twitter, such a weird account, why would a Hearts fan set up a Hibs ITK page that comes up with random transfer news, it's not like it's outrageous transfers either, really strange thing to do.

My solution is to identify players that want to come to us either at the start or towards the start of a transfer window and build a team on that basis. We've had 5 months since August to do exactly that. Not identify players we might get if nobody else want's them towards the end of the window when they will be a)not match fit or b)have every chance to bump us leaving us with nothing. Once the window is closed we move on and prepare for the summer to hit the ground running and have the team sorted before August with the added bonus of perhaps getting a higher quality of player in the off chance of them not having a club towards the end of the window and certainly not base our whole recruitment drive on waiting for players at the end of the month as historically it hardly ever works out for the best.

If a player wants to wait until the end of the window before finalising his options then the player is obviously not eager enough in the first place to come to us and we move on unless it's exceptional talent and a one off - not 4 or 5 players giving us a maybe but wait.

You say we've had since August but the picture is constantly changing. In mid October we were 2nd In the League, keeping clean sheets & scoring for fun. At that time we had Efe & Hyndman on the books, Boyle was flying down the wing & Tam had just scored his 1st goal for the club. Who should have been our targets at that time & do you not think those targets would now have changed? As for us deliberately waiting for players until the end of the window that is rapidly becoming the biggest Hibs Net myth of all time & is an insult to all those at ER who are working flat out to secure the proper additions to our squad.

BegbieHSC
17-01-2019, 01:32 PM
So, any news yet.

**** all :confused:

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 01:35 PM
You say we've had since August but the picture is constantly changing. In mid October we were 2nd In the League, keeping clean sheets & scoring for fun. At that time we had Efe & Hyndman on the books, Boyle was flying down the wing & Tam had just scored his 1st goal for the club. Who should have been our targets at that time & do you not think those targets would now have changed? As for us deliberately waiting for players until the end of the window that is rapidly becoming the biggest Hibs Net myth of all time & is an insult to all those at ER who are working flat out to secure the proper additions to our squad.
Here away you and get stuffed with all that sensible stuff awright?

Bostonhibby
17-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Refereeing opportunities are open to everyone including you. Admittedly, mounting a goat and having the correct handshake seems to be a pre-requisite for top level, but there's nothing stopping you going for it......No mountain goats or any other animals need be harmed in the making of a referee. As Madden and many before him have proven an open declaration of support for the now defunct Glasgow rangers or their reincarnation sevco is more than enough. Season ticket no longer required.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

rodhibs55
17-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Refereeing opportunities are open to everyone including you. Admittedly, mounting a goat and having the correct handshake seems to be a pre-requisite for top level, but there's nothing stopping you going for it......

Another pre-requisite for getting to the top level appears to be residing west of the Maybury.

ian cruise
17-01-2019, 01:42 PM
How’s it not. Scrapping about Celtics coat tails hoping they release a player rather than coming in for him spending what? £100k max get him in support behind the team and club and a statement of intent leading to season ticket renewal next season?

Who says Scott Allan would agree to a move if the club bought him from Celtic? If he signs for a club for a free he gets a bigger signing on fee. If its in anyone's interest for him to wait until he's released its SA.

davhibby
17-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Who says Scott Allan would agree to a no e if the club bought him from Celtic? If he signs for a club for a free he gets a bigger signing on fee. If its in anyone's interest for him to wait until he's released its SA.

He also gets a fair chunk of his celtic contract if they release him. He gets none of it if somebody signs him

Jones28
17-01-2019, 02:03 PM
So, any news yet.

Scott Allan still hasn't signed

cmcd
17-01-2019, 02:03 PM
My point is that more often or not, the delay in signing players is often out of our hands.

I've no doubt that our club are doing everything they can to get the players they want in asap. Sadly we live in a world where there are many other clubs trying to do the same.
Good post I agree with this

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Perhaps the club need a fresh approach as our transfer window policy on the whole is failing. Perhaps as you seem to know how it works you can suggest better than sitting and waiting to see? :confused:

I'll take the same approach as I do to every situation that I have no information on. Sit back, wait, and see what happens.

Pointlessly speculating about something you know nothing about isn't healthy.

snedzuk
17-01-2019, 02:19 PM
I'll take the same approach as I do to every situation that I have no information on. Sit back, wait, and see what happens.

c.f. 'mounting goats' further up this thread!

JimBHibees
17-01-2019, 02:23 PM
You just DO!!

It's not rocket science.
:wink:

:greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 02:25 PM

I'd love to know more about this.

What are the negative health impacts related to speculating about footballing matters?

snedzuk
17-01-2019, 02:29 PM

What are the negative health impacts related to speculating about footballing matters?

c.f. 'mounting goats' further up this thread! (again)

ian cruise
17-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Going off on a tangent but I think for some it can be unhealthy. I don't know many (any?) who post on here personally so I'm not going to call out any posters but I do know that my father gets himself more worked up than is healthy between football message board posts and stuff on social media.

I do see a similar tone in some posts here so I'd guess a few at getting themselves worked up to a point where they aren't leaving it on screen and carrying that frustration with them long after the other poster with a different point of view has moved on to another discussion.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-01-2019, 02:50 PM
On the news that Celtic are in talks for McTominay from Man Utd

"As a result, Sky Sports News understands Celtic may be forced to offload players to finance any deal with United. "

I think we may now see movement on Allan/Morgan and wouldn't surprise me if Scott Brown became available

SteveHFC
17-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Hibs Twitter announcement :hyper

IWasThere2016
17-01-2019, 02:59 PM
On Facebook that SA has signed a 3-year pre-contract with the Hibs

SteveHFC
17-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Allan has signed :hyper

Hibbyradge
Hibs Twitter announcement :hyper

:hyper

Radium
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190117/c5049bcee8b31ef63d9abd37dd3e1b98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
17-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Admins can we have a welcome home Scott Allan gif thread?

BegbieHSC
17-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Allan announced!!!

Blaster
17-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Amazing what can be achieved with no contact 😄

Great news

B.H.F.C
17-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Really hope we can get him this month now.

Hibbyradge
17-01-2019, 03:03 PM
17 days into the transfer window and only 2 class midfielders signed.

What a way to run a football club.

Callum_62
17-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Yuuuuuusssssssss!

BILLYHIBS
Yyyyeeeesssssszzzz!!!!

Centre Hawf
17 days into the transfer window and only 2 class midfielders signed.

What a way to run a football club.

I mean technically he hasn't signed yet :wink:

Sioux
This is not possible. The club has not been active in this transfer window.

GIRFUY

Ps
Just wait for some dafty to come up with "ah but don't need him next season, we need him now"

blackpoolhibs
I dont believe a word of it, Lennon said there had been no contact, surely to god he was not lying again to us? :confused:

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2019, 03:05 PM
I was reacting to your first paragraph and the assumption by some that Allan signing a pre-contract would be a foregone conclusion if Hibs offered one. For the reasons I've laid out I can't see why he would sign one even if he does want to be a Hibs player. I'd like someone to explain why it would be in his interests to do so.

You should maybe ask him 😉

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-01-2019, 03:06 PM
On the news that Celtic are in talks for McTominay from Man Utd

"As a result, Sky Sports News understands Celtic may be forced to offload players to finance any deal with United. "

I think we may now see movement on Allan/Morgan and wouldn't surprise me if Scott Brown became available

Telt ye

greenpaper55
17-01-2019, 03:06 PM
I told you nothing was happening. i have to eat some humble pie now !

Brightside
17-01-2019, 03:07 PM
I mean technically he hasn't signed yet :wink:

exactly. He cannot sign till the summer.

GillyHibee
17-01-2019, 03:07 PM
no even Nostradamus seen this coming!!! :greengrin:greengrin

Unseen work
17-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Absolutley brilliant.

Delighted with this news.

Lets get the deal over the line and get him in now

Aldo
17-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Admins can we have a welcome home Scott Allan gif thread?

Indeed. Kermit gif please !

Famous Fiver
17-01-2019, 03:10 PM
My dry January is under severe pressure as I write.

I feel a great big dram coming on!!!

Baader
17-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Great news!

SaulGoodman
17-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Ah but we don’t need him next season we need him now

Brightside
17-01-2019, 03:13 PM
Hopefully Celtic (who will never deal with Petrie) will allow him to leave earlier.

SChibs
I don't see why Celtic couldn't just pay him off now rather than give him the same money over the next 5 month's. It would benefit them in a way as he could play against he likes of rangers, Aberdeen and killie

BegbieHSC
Hopefully Sellick will just release him, and let him come home early.

blaikie
17-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Yes!

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 03:15 PM
I don't see why Celtic couldn't just pay him off now rather than give him the same money over the next 5 month's. It would benefit them in a way as he could play against he likes of rangers, Aberdeen and killie
I'm quite sure they will make a pay off offer to him - it's a decision for Scott Allan to make as to whether the amount is enough.....

Brightside
17-01-2019, 03:18 PM
I'm quite sure they will make a pay off offer to him - it's a decision for Scott Allan to make as to whether the amount is enough.....

I think what we will see now is a negotiation with us and scott.....for a sign on fee. at the same time he will be having the chat with celtic for a sign off fee.... we will try and meet somewhere in the middle. fingers crossed we dont have to wait till the summer.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 03:18 PM
You’d think that making up the difference between his current wage and next seasons wage would make sense. So if he’s on 3 at us and 8 at Celtic they can make up the 5k a week, they don’t have to waste the extra 3k a week, SA doesn’t miss out on anything and we get him now.

IWasThere2016
17-01-2019, 03:19 PM
I dont believe a word of it, Lennon said there had been no contact, surely to god he was not lying again to us? :confused:

He's a naughty boy! :greengrin

bingo70
17-01-2019, 03:20 PM

I hate it when you're right :wink:

The 90+2
What fantastic news and well done to everyone who has made this happen. Let's hope it opens the door for him to return imminently now. :top marks

SMAXXA
He will be joining this window

Hibs90
17-01-2019, 03:23 PM

:thumbsup:

The Spaceman
17-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Absolutely delighted. Biggest signing we could make this window! No way Celtic will keep him - their fans will be raging and want him out the door. We've just McGinn'd Celtic :na na::na na::na na::na na::na na:

JDT
17-01-2019, 03:25 PM

Could we loan him again? Curious to know if you're allowed to with expiring contract players

The 90+2
17-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Could we loan him again? Curious to know if you're allowed to with expiring contract players

Yes, as we have Bogdan out of contract on loan too.

Centre Hawf
17-01-2019, 03:31 PM

We could, and I think that would be the most realistic option as it stops us playing him Vs Celtic. The only concern is it would scupper any Lewis Morgan deal if we wanted him on loan too.

Diclonius
17-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Exactly what we need to kick-start this window. Well done Hibs. Now get him in permanently!

SMAXXA
17-01-2019, 03:35 PM

I don’t believe it will be a loan his contract with Celtic will end his window

This is effectively phase 1 in the process

Elephant Stone
17-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Yes :flag:

CentreLine
17-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Any transfer news? 🤨
Have I missed anything?

Haymaker
17-01-2019, 03:39 PM
:hyper

Unseen work
17-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Time for a striker, winger, box to box midfielder and a defender....

alihibs1
17-01-2019, 03:45 PM

Do you know that for a fact?

hibee-boys
17-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Orgasmic.....makes trawling through this thread all the worthwhile😂

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 03:46 PM
I thought it was a fact that we hadn't approached him? Lennon said so. He was even quoted to me saying so?

Delighted with this news. Quality signing for our club.

Jim44
17-01-2019, 03:48 PM
The seethe on FF is heartwarming and surprisingly only a few of them want him to get a career threatening injury at the hands (feet?) of one of their players. Class. :greengrin

pacoluna
Maybe the bedwitters on this thread won't need their nappies anymore.

Juniper Greens
Looking a bit better now
Confirmed in
Ryan Gauld, six month loan (midfielder, Sporting)
Scott Allan, pre contract (midfielder, Celtc)

Confirmed new contracts
Lewis Stevenson (two and a half years)

Confirmed out
Efe Ambrose
Emerson Hyndman (Bournemouth)
Harry Mavrias (Omonia)

Rumoured in
Craig Bryson (midfielder, Derby)
Shaun Byrne (midfielder, Livingston)
Jason Cummings (striker, Nottingham Forest)
Tom Eaves (striker, Gillingham)
Ben Glover (goalkeeper, Tottenham)
Jack Hendry (centre back, Celtic)
Lewis Morgan (winger, Celtic)
Lawrence Shankland (striker, Ayr)

Rumoured new contracts
Thomas Agyepong (loan extension)

Rumoured out
Florian Kamberi (Bristol City)
Ross Laidlaw
Jamie Maclaren (Melbourne City)

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 03:49 PM
I thought it was a fact that we hadn't approached him? Lennon said so. He was even quoted to me saying so?

That was 4 days ago. The fact he’s signed today doesn’t do anything to prove that it was a lie does it?

Speedway
17-01-2019, 03:51 PM
We’re signing players at the rate of 1 per week.

Looking forward to next Thursday already.

j'adore hibs
17-01-2019, 03:51 PM
everyone just needs to let hibs go about their business in a professional manner, this thread has been farcical
in lennon and Leanne I trust

Silversand
17-01-2019, 03:55 PM
So, any news yet.Aye [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Celtc will want to cut a deal: give SA a pay off lower than the remaining value of his contract, and try to recoup that through getting a transfer fee from us.

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 03:59 PM
That was 4 days ago. The fact he’s signed today doesn’t do anything to prove that it was a lie does it?

Not saying anyone was telling a lie. Pointing out that someone may have misinterpreted a quote and prematurely jumped to conclusions when they knew absolutely nothing.

Anyway, this is goid news, let's praise the board for doing a great job in getting Allan in. Hopefully more good news to come.

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 04:00 PM
everyone just needs to let hibs go about their business in a professional manner, this thread has been farcical
in lennon and Leanne I trust

100%

BegbieHSC
17-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Huns are ragin! Apparently we’re RHANCID, and he’s Judas. Did they want him or something? https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/scott-allan-signs-pre-contract-with-hibs.62646/

Jim44
17-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Maybe the bedwitters on this thread won't need their nappies anymore.

You can have mine at a knock-down price, if you say ‘por favor’. :greengrin

BlackSheep
17-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Cummings next please

CMurdoch
17-01-2019, 04:06 PM
You’d think that making up the difference between his current wage and next seasons wage would make sense. So if he’s on 3 at us and 8 at Celtic they can make up the 5k a week, they don’t have to waste the extra 3k a week, SA doesn’t miss out on anything and we get him now.

That is how it will play out.
Suspect he is on 7k a week and we will offer to pay 2.5k a week. Celtic will then offer to pay a lump sum equalling 4k multiplied by the remaining weeks of his contract.
Celtic save 3k per week, we get Allan early and he gets to leave a place where he isn't wanted whilst only dropping a tiny fraction of his contract cash.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 04:09 PM

:faf:

Aye you are right, lenny had a look on here Monday morning, and saw folk were saying we should sign that Scott Allan gadgey, he thought thats a good idea lets get in touch with celtic as soon as possible.

CMurdoch
17-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Celtc will want to cut a deal: give SA a pay off lower than the remaining value of his contract, and try to recoup that through getting a transfer fee from us.

There is no need for us to give them he haw :aok:

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:12 PM
:faf:

Aye you are right, lenny had a look on here Monday morning, and saw folk were saying we should sign that Scott Allan gadgey, he thought thats a good idea lets get in touch with celtic as soon as possible.

Sorry BH, I forgot you were an expert in the football transfer field.. I mean it’s not like you predicted the outcome of our summer window horribly wrong is it? :aok:

Off you pop now, todays a day for celebrating the good news.

147lothian
17-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Can I just point out that good managers don't lie they apply brinkmanship when dealing with transfer negotiations and say yyeeeeeeeeesssss, to getting SA on a 3 year pca

EastCalderHibby
17-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Huns are ragin! Apparently we’re RHANCID, and he’s Judas. Did they want him or something? https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/scott-allan-signs-pre-contract-with-hibs.62646/

THEY REALLY ARE THE **** OF THE EARTH TO WANT TO END HIS CAREER BECAUSE HE SIGNS FOR ANYBODY OTHER THAN THEIR 6 YEAR OLD SEVCO F ..K OFF AND SHUT THE BIG BLUE TENEMENT DOWN .
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Sorry BH, I forgot you were an expert in the football transfer field.. I mean it’s not like you predicted the outcome of our summer window horribly wrong is it? :aok:

Off you pop now, todays a day for celebrating the good news.

I never predicted anything in the summer apart from we would sign players, the only thing i will predict this window is again we will sign players, and you will get upset about something.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:21 PM
I never predicted anything in the summer apart from we would sign players, the only thing i will predict this window is again we will sign players, and you will get upset about something.

Of course you didn’t.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Did they expect to get him? He’d improve their team immensely whether they want to admit it or not. They’re absolutely gutted.

Mantis Toboggan
Rangers forums are absolutely honking. Nae chat, total abuse. In conclusion, **** Rangers.

Oscar T Grouch
So the recruitment team that has been slated on here for ages has brought in SJM, McGeough, Gauld, Scotty Allan (3 times), Bogdan, Holt, numerous other full internationals, extended the contracts of squad stalwarts. Signed most of the 2016 cup winning team but also signed a few duds. Tell you what, I cannae wait for them to step up their game and start performing how .net expects them to 😝

jacomo
17-01-2019, 04:23 PM

Ken, but they will ask and we will probably make an offer.

How much is it worth for Hibs to get him now rather than in the summer?

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 04:23 PM
THEY REALLY ARE THE **** OF THE EARTH TO WANT TO END HIS CAREER BECAUSE HE SIGNS FOR ANYBODY OTHER THAN THEIR 6 YEAR OLD SEVCO F ..K OFF AND SHUT THE BIG BLUE TENEMENT DOWN .
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: GGTTH
I read two posts then got out of the site. I feel dirty for even having gone there, what a foul bunch they are.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Is it not £100k+ a league placing? Plus any cup runs, season ticket sales for next year etc.. could be worth a fair bit.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Of course you didn’t.

The search button is there for you to look.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:26 PM
The search button is there for you to look.

Unfortunately for you I’m not half as obsessed with you as you are with me so I’ll pass.

Anyway, been a pleasure as always pal, Mon the Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately for you I’m not half as obsessed with you as you are with me so I’ll pass.

Obsessed, :faf: just not letting your lies go unchallenged.

Jack Hackett
17-01-2019, 04:30 PM

I'm not seeing the logic in that. Pay off his contract and he'll be a free agent... why would we need to give them a transfer fee? :greengrin

Gmack7
17-01-2019, 04:31 PM

can you 2 get a room to carry on your warped obsession with each other and leave the rest of us to salivate over the return of SA

southsider
17-01-2019, 04:33 PM

Some joker on K/dale st commenting on SA to Hibs in the summer. ‘ Not soon enough ‘. My thoughts exactly.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:40 PM
can you 2 get a room to carry on your warped obsession with each other and leave the rest of us to salivate over the return of SA

I’ll get a room with SA :agree:

jacomo
17-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Some joker on K/dale st commenting on SA to Hibs in the summer. ‘ Not soon enough ‘. My thoughts exactly.

:agree:

Tbf he’s been a poor signing for them though!

Jim44
17-01-2019, 04:42 PM

A deal would definitely suit Celtic but not as you suggest. We won’t get him for ‘hehaw’. The best deal for all parties is : We pay him our going rate and Celtic pay the balance up to his present wage. Nobody loses but we get his services.

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2019, 04:47 PM
He will be joining this windowFantastic news and well done to everyone at Hibs for this signing...excellent news

HibbyKeith
17-01-2019, 04:48 PM

Tbf he's never had a chance, so I don't think it can be classed as a poor signing. It has for sure been a costly one though.

Could it be in Celtic's best interests to try and get him to ER this month now though? They are now guaranteed to have to fork out the remainder of his wages until the summer so they may cut a deal so It effectively strengthens the opposition against the rangers.

Here’s Lucy!
17-01-2019, 04:49 PM

This is quite cool likes but we got Scotty the day, so why don't we celebrate?

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Agree :agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 04:54 PM

I'm happy as a pig in sheite that we brought Scotty in so quickly after us only getting in touch with him on Monday, :greengrin The downside of that is we missed out on Chris Erskine.

If only we'd got in earlier.

Here’s Lucy!
17-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Agree :agree:

I'm happy as a pig in sheite that we brought Scotty in so quickly after us only getting in touch with him on Monday, :greengrin The downside of that is we missed out on Chris Erskine.

If only we'd got in earlier.

:thumbsup: Onwards and upwards, guys!!

Stuart93
17-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Pre contract good news, get him in this window great news!

cloudy
17-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Let’s no waste time get Ryan Gauld, Scott Allan and Tom Eaves all in before the team leave for the winter training camp.

One to go

jeffers
17-01-2019, 05:42 PM

That's not true though is it, you predicted in the summer once Milligan was up and running our midfield would be nice and strong and we wouldn't miss Scott Allan.

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 05:49 PM
That's not true though is it, you predicted in the summer once Milligan was up and running our midfield would be nice and strong and we wouldn't miss Scott Allan.

But Milligan isn't up and running yet?

Last Minute
17-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Hibs have made no offers to Scott Allan or Celtic.

I told you they had

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
17-01-2019, 05:50 PM
One to go

Cummings would be the logical next arrival if Lennon wants him.
However, cost could be a problem.
Get the feeling Peterborough are paying Notts Forest a pretty penny for his loan which will be a much higher loan fee than Hibs want to pay.
Peterborough obviously want rid but Notts Forest won't want to receive less money than they currently receive for Cummings services.
It will be down to the money men at all 3 clubs to agree a compromise.

southsider
17-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Tbf Celtic only signed SA to stick 2 fingers up to the newco.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 05:57 PM

Hahahaha, go on find that post. I never once said we'd not miss Scott Allan, i did say he was probably not a priority for Lennon because i thought Mallan might have been brought in as his replacement, but you go ahead and lie like the other one and make things up.

RoscoHibby
17-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Gotta love the huns on that forum frothing at the mouth..."he chose them over us" naw, he didnae. Rangers offered 100k over like 5 years in gingey bottles and provey cheques...we got 400k, Dylan mcgeouch, henderson for a season, then 6 months back on loan! Deal of the century!

That forum is a horrible place, with the world so PC and internet so moderated how are they able to peddle the hate amd bigotry so freely?!

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Hahahaha, go on find that post. I never once said we'd not miss Scott Allan, i did say he was probably not a priority for Lennon because i thought Mallan might have been brought in as his replacement, but you go ahead and lie like the other one and make things up.

Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed. He's a good player, we all know that, but we have enough forward thinking players who will score goals and create chances for our forwards.

Your move

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 06:03 PM
Your move

Weird trolling of the highest order.

jeffers

I did. Page 3 of this message board the first post by you on the thread Scott Allan:

"Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed."

Suppose I made that up then.

blackpoolhibs
Your move bawjaws

FFS never remembered that one. :faf: I apologise unreservedly.

McIntosh
17-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Your move I sense a wee bit of animosity here.

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 06:06 PM
FFS never remembered that one. :faf: I apologise unreservedly.
I even went to the effort of removing the bawjaws bit so I wouldn’t get cyberbattered by admin and you went and kept it in! :cb

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 06:07 PM
I did. Page 3 of this message board the first post by you on the thread Scott Allan:

"Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed."

Suppose I made that up then.

I thought i had a very good memory, but obviously i did not remember that post. :doh:

Please accept my apology.

WoreTheGreen
17-01-2019, 06:08 PM
I sense a wee bit of animosity here.

Is he the Guy fae 🇵🇹

My_Wife_Camille
Weird trolling of the highest order.
In what way is that trolling? Even BH has the decency to have a laugh about it 😂

SquashedFrogg
I see a pattern developing here.

No signings - Posters have field day slaughtering club.
Signing - Posters shift focus onto forum members.

I wish some would just accept that this is a good day. Save your ire for important things in life. It's a much healthier way to live.

jeffers
I thought i had a very good memory, but obviously i did not remember that post. :doh:

Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 06:10 PM
In what way is that trolling? Even BH has the decency to have a laugh about it 😂

If i'm wrong i am big enough to admit it, and laugh about it. :wink:

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 06:10 PM

Pulling up historic quotes in a debate that didn't involve you? How would you describe that?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Pulling up historic quotes in a debate that didn't involve you? How would you describe that?

Dont see the problem here, if someone makes a post and contradicts it later, then its fair game to anyone who remembers it in my opinion.:confused:

Allant1981
17-01-2019, 06:11 PM

Are you really that gullable

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Morgan or Cummings next possibly??

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 06:12 PM
I'm just glad it was Allan we signed and not Ian Black. Imagine the amount of juvenile squabbling that would have started.......

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Your move

😂

Best just to leave him to live in his bubble where he’s always correct and everyone else is a “liar”. Fair play going to the effort of pointing it out though, I can never be arsed going back to do it.

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 06:14 PM
It’s a public message board. Every post involves everyone. Maybe you should stop getting worked up about the way people interact with each other on an internet message board and save your concerns for real life worries. Relax man, life is good. Be happy and chill out, it’s a much more healthier way to be.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 06:14 PM
😂

Best just to leave him to live in his bubble where he’s always correct and everyone else is a liar.

:faf: You are though.

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Gauld until the end of the season then Scotty to come in is utterly brilliant and is exactly what was needed to bring the feel good factor back. Should give everyone involved at the club a huge lift. Well done Hibs.

WoreTheGreen
17-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Gauld until the end of the season then Scotty to come in is utterly brilliant and is exactly what was needed to bring the feel good factor back. Should give everyone involved at the club a huge lift. Well done Hibs.

👍🏻

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 06:22 PM
It’s a public message board. Every post involves everyone. Maybe you should stop getting worked up about the way people interact with each other on an internet message board and save your concerns for real life worries. Relax man, life is good. Be happy and chill out, it’s a much more healthier way to be.

From the person searching old quotes to use in a conversation that doesn't involve them 😂

Totally relaxed, as always.

xyz23jc
17-01-2019, 06:23 PM

Exactamente amigo! Hibs sign major targets that everybody's being gurnin aboot, Job done! BIG UP TAE THI HIBEES, FTJ! :thumbsup::greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 06:27 PM
From the person searching old quotes to use in a conversation that doesn't involve them 😂

Totally relaxed, as always.
You seem irritated. Relax man, life is good. Why are you getting involved in a discussion between me and Blackpool Hibs? It’s doesnt concern you my friend, there’s no need to upset yourself over it. Go grab a cuppa and chill and enjoy the good news! You’ll feel better for it, trust me!

Allant1981
17-01-2019, 06:28 PM
You seem irritated. Relax man, life is good. Why are you getting involved in a discussion between me and Blackpool Hibs? It’s doesnt concern you my friend, there’s no need to upset yourself over it. Go grab a cuppa and chill and enjoy the good news! You’ll feel better for it, trust me!

It's a public message board so every post involves everyone😁

SquashedFrogg
17-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Dont see the problem here, if someone makes a post and contradicts it later, then its fair game to anyone who remembers it in my opinion.:confused:

Apologies BH. Full respect of your contribution on here.
Maybe over sensitive today. We sign a terrific player after days of board / manager bashing and some still aren't happy.

I'll blame Brexit and move on. Apologies to all in fact.

My_Wife_Camille
17-01-2019, 06:33 PM
It's a public message board so every post involves everyone😁
Touché!

MacGruber
We haven't signed ANY strikers this window - we have not eveen tried. No offers, no targets nothing ... boooo Hibs and your midfield overload!! 😅

blackpoolhibs
Apologies BH. Full respect of your contribution on here.
Maybe over sensitive today. We sign a terrific player after days of board / manager bashing and some still aren't happy.

I'll blame Brexit and move on. Apologies to all in fact.
:greengrin As soon as you post on here it becomes public, and available to all. :wink:

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 06:36 PM
:faf: You are though.

Sure :aok:

stoneyburn hibs
17-01-2019, 06:39 PM
You pair need to get a room and sort out your tension with each other.

Centre Hawf
17-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Everyone just open a beer and toast to LD/Rod for getting yet another one over Lawwell.

superfurryhibby
17-01-2019, 06:48 PM
😂

Best just to leave him to live in his bubble where he’s always correct and everyone else is a “liar”. Fair play going to the effort of pointing it out though, I can never be arsed going back to do it.

So, what do you think about the good news today?

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2019, 06:50 PM

I wish some would just accept that this is a good day. Save your ire for important things in life. It's a much healthier way to live.Agreed...on such a good news day is there any need for petty squabbling amongst ourselves?

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 06:51 PM
So, what do you think about the good news today?

Great news. Hopefully made even better by him arriving this month. :aok:

Zazu62
17-01-2019, 06:59 PM
What’s the chances of him coming in this window?

Joe6-2
17-01-2019, 07:00 PM

What an absolutely disgusting bunch!

But we already knew that!!

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 07:00 PM

It would only seem logical for it to be highly likely. Won’t touch the ball again for Celtic so they’re just losing money by keeping him.

bingo70
17-01-2019, 07:04 PM

I think it’s inevitable but we’re waiting to see if it will be a loan or a case of buying him out his contract.

Based on nothing but a gut feeling I suspect our preference is a loan however with us also being interested in Morgan and/or Hendry we will need to see how that pans out before we commit to anything on that front.

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2019, 07:10 PM

The bear pit 😂 said it before but i just find grown men calling each other bears funny. The nick of that forum though jeezo. Doesn't say much for you if you support that club. Vile club and fans from top to bottom and an utter scourge on our society.

weecounty hibby
17-01-2019, 07:10 PM
So who's next? Any rumours? Now we've got him I'm bored with the Scott Allan chat.😴😀

Sweet Left Peg
17-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Everyone just open a beer and toast to LD/Rod for getting yet another one over Lawwell.

Okay, you've twisted my arm....

One Day Soon
17-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Outstanding signing for a club that hasn't been active in this window according to some.

Amid the joy we should pause to think of both the undercovers and those of a pished panty disposition at this difficult time.

MacGruber
17-01-2019, 07:19 PM
Outstanding signing for a club that hasn't been active in this window according to some.

Amid the joy we should pause to think of both the undercovers and those of a pished panty disposition at this difficult time.

It is though so far we have only signed Ryan Gauld - Allan has been signed for next season.......😮

Leith Green
17-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Hopefully the first piece of the midfield jigsaw for next season , id rather we build for next season and beyond with our signings. Have kind of written off a top 5 finish this season , and i dont mind that if we build for the longer term. Short term fixes leave is in a constant transition, which is part of the reason we were relegated

Leith Green
17-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Hopefully a box to box midfielder and someone who can comfortably keep possession of the ball in deeper areas are identified and brought in for next season

Hibees1973
17-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Cummings would be the logical next arrival if Lennon wants him.
However, cost could be a problem.
Get the feeling Peterborough are paying Notts Forest a pretty penny for his loan which will be a much higher loan fee than Hibs want to pay.
Peterborough obviously want rid but Notts Forest won't want to receive less money than they currently receive for Cummings services.
It will be down to the money men at all 3 clubs to agree a compromise.

Yeah, but this is why it is important to have a manager who has ‘contacts’. Lenny is an ex player of O’Neill and could arrange a deal that suits Hibs. That’s if he wants Cummings.

To be honest I’m not sure if the Kamberi/Cummings combo will work. They are individually good players but as a pair they seem too similar, huffy, and may down tools if things are not going well.

Just my gut feeling but happy to be proved wrong.

Brooster
17-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Leanne, George and Rod or whoever is involved are playing a blinder here. Securing him on a pre contract 3 year deal is brilliant with a fair chance of him coming in January if Celtic pay him off.

SRHibs
17-01-2019, 07:29 PM

I wish some would just accept that this is a good day. Save your ire for important things in life. It's a much healthier way to live.

Are you like the Hibs.net social commentator or something?

mjhibby
17-01-2019, 07:36 PM

I said at the time of the BBC interview that Lennon swerved any questions on Allan which was a sure sign we were negotiating. Lennon was also evasive re Morgan so here's hoping that follows the same pattern. Only pettiness by lawell will stop Scott being here by the end of the window.

proud_and_green
17-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Has any Celtic player ever signed a pre contract agreement with another Scottish club before this? It seems novel to say the least!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
17-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Leanne, George and Rod or whoever is involved are playing a blinder here. Securing him on a pre contract 3 year deal is brilliant with a fair chance of him coming in January if Celtic pay him off.

And Rod Petrie, we cant forget him........go on the tashe :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
17-01-2019, 07:49 PM
What an absolutely disgusting bunch!

But we already knew that!!
“Passed around between the tarriers and the spoonburners like an auld scud book!”:faf:

mca
17-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Deadline Day will be madness if he aint here before then.. :wink:

cookin_on_gaz
17-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Are you like the Hibs.net social commentator or something?I'm not sure what a Hibs.net social commentator is, but what he says is correct.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

SRHibs
17-01-2019, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what a Hibs.net social commentator is, but what he says is correct.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

He seems to spend his time critiquing the posts of others as opposed to posting stuff about Hibs himself.

matty_f
17-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Great bit of business, well done Hibs. :aok:

Gmack7
17-01-2019, 08:52 PM
What position next? My guess is a striker but not Jason

SRHibs
17-01-2019, 08:53 PM

At the moment I reckon just a striker with a bit of physicality. JC would be a great replacement for Maclaren if he moves on though.

alihibs1
17-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Hopefully We’ll find out from Lennon tomorrow in his press conference if there’s a possibility him coming this month.

Souter96Mac
17-01-2019, 09:01 PM

Jason might not be my top priority if we are getting a striker, but what a banter window if we manage to get Gauld, Allan and JC in.

jacomo
17-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Hopefully the first piece of the midfield jigsaw for next season , id rather we build for next season and beyond with our signings. Have kind of written off a top 5 finish this season , and i dont mind that if we build for the longer term. Short term fixes leave is in a constant transition, which is part of the reason we were relegated

Top 4 should still be the target until it’s mathematically impossible. And we aren’t near that situation yet.

Silversand
17-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Deadline Day will be madness if he aint here before then.. :wink:Is it possible for Celtic to release Allan just after the window closes & then Hibs to sign him as a free?

BILLYHIBS
17-01-2019, 09:05 PM
He seems to spend his time critiquing the posts of others as opposed to posting stuff about Hibs himself.

Sorry have to agree with KKJ Squashed Frog was correct

The feud between BH and Callum has been ongoing since the summer

There was no need for MWC to get involved by trolling through BHs historic posts

Squashed Frog has apologised to BH and it has been duly accepted

Can we get back to looking forward to even more signings in this window as we prepare for the second half of the season

Captain Trips
17-01-2019, 09:07 PM

TBF I am sure Lennon will have thought the same as that will have been the point in signing him and the others.

bodhibs
17-01-2019, 09:13 PM
May I say, I love JC, legend and always will be the hammer of the hearts but I hope that Hibs as a club are aiming higher at this time.

WeeRussell
17-01-2019, 09:15 PM
I really want to be cool about this and say there’s no need for all the squabbling - but I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t just spent time looking back over the pages purely for the argument context rather than the signings chat hahaha.

Anyway absolutely delighted to hear of the Allan news. A January move would be a big bonus.

Also nice to see that at least one poster involved in this thread’s feud is able to hold his hands up when he makes an erse of himself ;)

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Is it possible for Celtic to release Allan just after the window closes & then Hibs to sign him as a free?

No. If he is under contract to Celtic when the window closes we can't play him until next season.

pacoluna
Shankland next.

Hibee Mac
What do we do with Mallan now?

We've got two far better prospects as #10 in Gauld and Allan and he is guff when playing deep/central, what is his role in the team other than set piece taker?...

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 09:21 PM
What do we do with Mallan now?

We've got two far better prospects as #10 in Gauld and Allan and he is guff when playing deep/central, what is his role in the team other than set piece taker?...

Bench IMO. Even if Allan doesn’t arrive this month.

Hibee Mac
17-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Bench IMO. Even if Allan doesn’t arrive this month.

Have to agree with you, only trouble is we have no one else to adequately fill the position he's been playing all season so far. We are absolutely desperate for a midfielder with legs in him.

Hibeesmad
17-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Lennon seems to be a big fan of Mallan. Can’t see him being benched

Radium
17-01-2019, 09:46 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190117/208ecd8bf41df3ae3fe3973f1464f6b1.jpg

In the Edinburgh area on a Thursday afternoon suggests he is not playing at the weekend?

BegbieHSC
17-01-2019, 09:50 PM
I like Mallan a lot. Boy can only get better, so I personally wouldn’t be dropping him.

Bring back the old diamond with Boyle out if we can get Allan this month.

Marciano/Bogdan

Gray - Porto - Hanlon - Stevenson

Slivka/Milligan/Marv
Gauld - Mallan
Allan

Kamberi - Maclaren

That team would score hunners!

Jim44
17-01-2019, 09:51 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190117/208ecd8bf41df3ae3fe3973f1464f6b1.jpg

In the Edinburgh area on a Thursday afternoon suggests he is not playing at the weekend?

Not playing for which team? If you’re referring to Peterborough, it’s because they have terminated his loan, citing ‘off-field’ issues.

Ronniekirk
17-01-2019, 10:02 PM

Winger as replacement for Boyle is crucial to the way we play

04Sauzee
17-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Not playing for which team? If you’re referring to Peterborough, it’s because they have terminated his loan, citing ‘off-field’ issues.

Strange that he isn't back with Forrest unless he's been given some time off?

Would have thought O'Neill and Keane would want to see him.

Think his time is up at Forrest tbh

My old man
17-01-2019, 10:04 PM

Like 👍

04Sauzee
17-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Winger as replacement for Boyle is crucial to the way we play

Would be surprised if we didn't secure a winger and a forward before the end of the window.

Horgan can still play as a winger.

Also though O'Halloran may have been worth a look.

BegbieHSC
17-01-2019, 10:09 PM
I like Mallan a lot. Boy can only get better, so I personally wouldn’t be dropping him.

Bring back the old diamond with Boyle out if we can get Allan this month.

Marciano/Bogdan

Gray - Porto - Hanlon - Stevenson

Slivka/Milligan/Marv
Gauld - Mallan
Allan

Kamberi - Maclaren

RossScott1991
17-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Striker
Winger
CB

In that order of importance imo

stokesmessiah
17-01-2019, 10:20 PM
“Passed around between the tarriers and the spoonburners like an auld scud book!”:faf:

I actually thought that was genius.

SMAXXA
17-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Striker
Winger
CB

In that order of importance imo

I don’t think we need a CB

ian cruise
17-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but this is why it is important to have a manager who has ‘contacts’. Lenny is an ex player of O’Neill and could arrange a deal that suits Hibs. That’s if he wants Cummings.

To be honest I’m not sure if the Kamberi/Cummings combo will work. They are individually good players but as a pair they seem too similar, huffy, and may down tools if things are not going well.

Just my gut feeling but happy to be proved wrong.

I actually think Cummings would be brilliant for Kamberi and the team (and I base this on gut feeling alone). Aside from being a great goal scorer what Cummings brings to the team is a bit of levity and team spirit. I get the impression Kamberi can get a bit too stressed when things aren't going his way rather than him being huffy, and having someone like Cummings in with his daftness if channeled in the right way, could be really good for our front line both on and off the pitch.

I could imagine he, McLaren and Kamberi forming a similar bond off the pitch that he, McGinn and Henderson had in 2016

alihibs1
17-01-2019, 10:30 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-look-for-winger-and-keeper-after-sealing-scott-allan-deal-1-4858399

jeffers
17-01-2019, 10:32 PM
I actually think Cummings would be brilliant for Kamberi and the team (and I base this on gut feeling alone). Aside from being a great goal scorer what Cummings brings to the team is a bit of levity and team spirit. I get the impression Kamberi can get a bit too stressed when things aren't going his way rather than him being huffy, and having someone like Cummings in with his daftness if channeled in the right way, could be really good for our front line both on and off the pitch.

I could imagine he, McLaren and Kamberi forming a similar bond off the pitch that he, McGinn and Henderson had in 2016

I can't see us getting another midfielder unless we move on some of the existing squad. While I like McLaren I don't see much future for him, so if we could get Cummings back on a permanent deal I'd go for it. My preference though would be a big physical striker, someone like Eaves as we need another dimension up front.

Vault Boy
17-01-2019, 10:34 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-look-for-winger-and-keeper-after-sealing-scott-allan-deal-1-4858399

Definite page filler this one, no new quotes whatsoever. Lennon has openly said that we have a keeper on trial and that we need to replace Boyle.

Not at all criticism of you for sharing the link, just a reflection on the article itself.

Unseen work
17-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Who next then? And who do we want?

Cummings
Eaves
Bryson
Morgan
Hendry
Glover
Shankland?

Hopefully Agyepong, McLaren and a couple others will be back fully fit soon and be like new signings.

tonyrougier123
17-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Gunnarson?? Surely we would in for the legend??

CraigHibee
17-01-2019, 10:45 PM
I read two posts then got out of the site. I feel dirty for even having gone there, what a foul bunch they are.

So do I, I need to delete my browsing history now

ehf
17-01-2019, 10:45 PM

Another goalkeeper? Is he Yogi in disguise?

southern hibby
17-01-2019, 10:51 PM

I’m surprised he knows this as he wouldn’t know football porn if it’s 12 inches slapped him in the puss.

GGTTH

04Sauzee
17-01-2019, 10:53 PM

Laidlaw has supposedly been told he's free to find another club.

I think Marciano may still be injured and pretty sure the young lad (won't even attempt the spelling) would be better not out on loan?

Callum_62
17-01-2019, 10:54 PM

Marciano is inj and we havent signed that spurs keeper yet

southern hibby
17-01-2019, 10:57 PM
Update on my post about giving a Greek defender a medical, I’ve been informed it’s an Israeli defender ( my mistake ). Not sure if we are interested or not but hearing he is at East Mains and being looked at.

GGTTH

Sioux
17-01-2019, 11:07 PM
Update on my post about giving a Greek defender a medical, I’ve been informed it’s an Israeli defender ( my mistake ). Not sure if we are interested or not but hearing he is at East Mains and being looked at.

GGTTH

Why would we have a player at Em if we're not interested in him?

Unseen work
17-01-2019, 11:12 PM

GGTTH

Any other info other than he is an Israeli defender?

tonyrougier123
17-01-2019, 11:18 PM

If he is israeli good chance his agent will be dudu dahan who lennon has had players from before just a thought tho 👍

Diclonius
17-01-2019, 11:27 PM

He is an Israeli defender.

Unseen work
17-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Any update on the big Canadian lad we had on trial?

Hibeesmad
18-01-2019, 12:03 AM

GGTTH

Rami Gershon, 30 year old centre back who can also play at left back. Currently playing with Maccabi Haifa, hasn’t been involved a lot this season due to ‘injury’ 🙄. Just putting name to paper but Lennon signed him on loan for Celtic in 12/13 season and his agent is Dudu Dahan who someone has mentioned of having previous business with Lennon

BegbieHSC
18-01-2019, 12:28 AM
He is an Israeli defender.

That Gershon boy who went to Celtic, and didn’t play a few years back maybe?

southern hibby
18-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Why would we have a player at Em if we're not interested in him?

Not exactly sure, except that person telling me didn’t seem to enthralled about him.

GGTTH

HoboHarry
18-01-2019, 01:04 AM
If he is israeli good chance his agent will be dudu dahan who lennon has had players from before just a thought tho 👍
An Israeli agent arranging a trial at Easter Road? Is this information kosher?

tonyrougier123
18-01-2019, 01:44 AM
Gershon is a lefty/central defender,he is a player lennon knows of with an agent who has marciano on his books,hasnt played much though.if theres any truth to the rumour of an israeli guy hibs are looking at good chance its gershon all things considered.

WeeRussell
18-01-2019, 02:52 AM
An Israeli agent arranging a trial at Easter Road? Is this information kosher?

Nope it’s GERSHON! How many times :)

CMurdoch
18-01-2019, 03:33 AM
Who next then? And who do we want?

Cummings
Eaves
Bryson
Morgan
Hendry
Glover
Shankland?

Hopefully Agyepong, McLaren and a couple others will be back fully fit soon and be like new signings.

Cummings on loan and Shankland on a pre contract would be very nice.

Austinho
18-01-2019, 04:49 AM
Cummings on loan and Shankland on a pre contract would be very nice.We need to stop relying on loan deals to save our season IMO. Doesn’t seem like a great deal of continuity at the moment at the club which was one of the main contributors to our decent form over the last couple of years.

BILLYHIBS
18-01-2019, 05:30 AM
I actually thought that was genius.

Agree typical Hun chat! :greengrin

Brooster
18-01-2019, 06:13 AM

GGTTH

If this is the centre half who arrived on Monday I would be amazed if we signed him......unless more than 1 centre half arrived on Monday.

Speedway
18-01-2019, 06:20 AM
Any update on the big Canadian lad we had on trial?

Yes. Apparently he’s from Israel.

southern hibby
18-01-2019, 06:25 AM
If this is the centre half who arrived on Monday I would be amazed if we signed him......unless more than 1 centre half arrived on Monday.

Haven’t got a clue, I very seldom get any info on players etc just someone I know mentioned it to me and I’ve passed on all I’ve been told.

GGTTH

proud_and_green
18-01-2019, 06:29 AM
An Israeli agent arranging a trial at Easter Road? Is this information kosher?Why the hell are Mossad interested in Hibs?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk